PDA

View Full Version : To Luthier-Please sort out throttle

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Please sort out this bug where me and others cannot control throttle input..its like it lags by 30 seconds from the time you adjust throttle to what you see ingame..

its frustrating to say the least

JG53Frankyboy
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Please sort out this bug where me and others cannot control throttle input..its like it lags by 30 seconds from the time you adjust throttle to what you see ingame..

you have "antropomorph" enabled ?
if yes, try without !

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
No mate..not enabled

No145_Hatter
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I love the way that people use the names of the developers to call attention to their threads.

Ataros
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
No one reported such an issue before. Can you give more details on the situation it happens in, a recorded track maybe. Complex engine management on or off? Other controls lag as well?

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I love the way that people use the names of the developers to call attention to their threads.

^useless..go away

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
No one reported such an issue before. Can you give more details on the situation it happens in, a recorded track maybe. Complex engine management on or off? Other controls lag as well?

No complex eng off..no other controls lag either and as most of my bugs i dont have rhyme or reason as to whay they happen..sure i could supply a track but its pretty much self explanatory as to whats happening...throttle will repsond then it wont, then it will...its got to the point where i will chop throttle before i actually want the result and hope it responds in time lol

strange i know..ive checked and re checked settings and joystick drivers etc etc

No145_Hatter
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
^useless..go away

Like this thread.

Try adjusting the sensitivity of your throttle in the in game setup.

And avoid attention-seeking.

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Like this thread.

Try adjusting the sensitivity of your throttle in the in game setup.

And avoid attention-seeking.

Wow...

again another useless response... are you that sad that you have nothing better to do than annoy me with useless reponses to a problem i have on a forum..

avoid attention seeking..rofl

well one things for sure youve made me smile

ATAG_Doc
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Are you saying we're attention whores? Surely you're not!

vicinity
04-11-2011, 03:24 PM
again another useless response... are you that sad that you have nothing better to do than annoy me with useless reponses to a problem i have on a forum..So does this mean that you do in fact have 1:1 throttle sensitivity? You may think it's a useless response but you'd be suprised how many people miss the little things that some of us see as obvious.

Also, I think it would help if you gave us a little more to go on. Your system specs and the joystick you are using for instance.

_79_dev
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
~S~

I had a bit of that issue as well, difficulty was on max so I thought that is the problem but no. My problem was floating slide bar on my Saitek x52wich was definite as a prop pitch in axes, as well as other floating parts of my x52, after I treat theme with wd40 it seems to be much better. Eventually I got proper input set from my joy but occasionally I got few seconds lag at output in the game that looks like joy malfunction. Issue here is that I can use joy in any other game with no problems... Hope I will sort it out soon...

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
~S~

I had a bit of that issue as well, difficulty was on max so I thought that is the problem but no. My problem was floating slide bar on my Saitek x52wich was definite as a prop pitch in axes, as well as other floating parts of my x52, after I treat theme with wd40 it seems to be much better. Eventually I got proper input set from my joy but occasionally I got few seconds lag at output in the game that looks like joy malfunction. Issue here is that I can use joy in any other game with no problems... Hope I will sort it out soon...

Dev try the "antropomorph'' option and make sure its unchecked!

Ok well i discovered it is this option however when i deselect it and restart mission or game it resets itself again to being checked which is why i didnt think it would be this..

Is that the norm or are the realism settings sopposed to be saved from your last visit?

thks for help

jf1981
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Same problem for me. Impacts at least propeller pitch and throttle.
Would appear randomly in any kind of situation.

Regards

Tone71
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I have the throttle issue too. It is less pronounced after the patch but still there. Using an x52 pro with 'Anthropomorph' off. Specs should be in sig.

Coen020
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I also have this problem but something else aswell. If i put my real life throttle halfway open the aircraft is going full, and if i slide the real life throttle all the way open it's not doing anything with the extra half of slide ... english is sucky i know.

Throttle: HOTAS X Thrustmaster

baffa
04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I also have this problem but something else aswell. If i put my real life throttle halfway open the aircraft is going full, and if i slide the real life throttle all the way open it's not doing anything with the extra half of slide ... english is sucky i know.

That's easily fixed, go into controls > axes > aircraft > throttle and look for those sliders on the bottom left.

Try adjusting the "100% Position:" until you are satiesfied with the results.

6S.Manu
04-11-2011, 06:11 PM

On the Axis control you have to move the "Position 100%" slider to the right. Move it and check the green lines on the right. Try to have a 1:1.

EDIT: posted at same time with baffa

JG14_Jagr
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM

What are your system Specs, what OS are you runnings.. what control changes have you made... are you using the keyboard or a HOTAS.. simple little bits of infomation that would let people help.

Ze-Jamz
04-11-2011, 07:23 PM
What are your system Specs, what OS are you runnings.. what control changes have you made... are you using the keyboard or a HOTAS.. simple little bits of infomation that would let people help.

Have you read the thread and my posts? :rolleyes:

JumpingHubert
04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
have the same problem with hotas cougar throttle. Antropomorph on, complex engine management off. Sometime it works sometimes not.

Extreme_One
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Throttle works fine here; settings in the attachment:

Logitech Force 3D Pro (yeah I know it's a cheapo crapppy stick but it does for me)

_79_dev
04-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Well I tried to turn off antropomorph and ifact it works fine,
My problem here is why do we getting lags while this option is on, for example I am not giving any input except throttle and still lagging , what I have noticed as well is: let's say I am pushing throttle forward and I see no effect in my cockpit, at this moment I am moving mouse coursor towards virtual throttle using it as a hand, at this moment throttle moves to the place where it is set on my x52 controller. it is a bug...

vicinity
04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't think it's a bug, it happens (i think) because the slider on the x52 and the roatary dials are constantly changing (go to the control panel and game controllers and you can see this happen). Even when you're not moving anything. The game reads this as 2 forms of input and blocks out all other intput when using the anthomorphic realism setting.

They need to increase the tolerance to allow minor changes in any of the axis as some axis are very sensitive and anthromorphic control has to be switched off or you get it randomly disabling your thottle.

_79_dev
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't think it's a bug, it happens (i think) because the slider on the x52 and the roatary dials are constantly changing (go to the control panel and game controllers and you can see this happen). Even when you're not moving anything. The game reads this as 2 forms of input and blocks out all other intput when using the anthomorphic realism setting.

They need to increase the tolerance to allow minor changes in any of the axis as some axis are very sensitive and anthromorphic control has to be switched off or you get it randomly disabling your thottle.

That would be true but this only happends in spitfire mkII...I use deadzones as well...

Yesterday I was playing online and got no more issues with it server settings was maxed out andused anthromorphic...any ideas?

5-in-50
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm unsure if it's related or otherwise, but the issue may be to do with the following:

When I initially started playing the game, my throttle would sit at around mid-range RPM and my airspeed would slow down to the point where I couldn't perform combat manoeuvres.

After a little investigating, I determined that the AI controlled pitch lever was being incorrectly used (simple engine management system). The AI would set fully course pitch almost all the time, which is fine for high speed cruise, but useless for lower speed manoevures like in combat. Instead of it moving the pitch to the fine forward position when the aircraft slowed down, it would leave it course - resulting in a reduced RPM and inefficient blade angle.

All I'm saying is: take a look at what your pitch lever is doing when it's being controlled by the AI. If it's always full course (all the way back towards you), there's the problem.

I cannot say how I fixed the issue, but it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something to do with simple/complex engine management..?

BlackbusheFlyer
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
It is nothing to do with control sensitivities. I use CH Throttle Pro and CH Fighterstick.. the problem extends beyond just the throttle, it is everything perhaps excluding aileron and elevator. I have not tested with any other aircraft but certainly the Spit IIa is broken with CEM enabled and Temp effects enabled, (Anthromorphic OFF).

Take a free flight from stationary without opposition, climb and just fly the plane. Instruments eventually lose synch with control inputs or indeed reality (AH showing large banks which don't exist), RPM not responding to prop/throttle, Boost not responding until large sudden changes are made to throttle position.

It's a show stopper.

vicinity
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
That would be true but this only happends in spitfire mkII...I use deadzones as well...
Yes but deadzones only count when you're within them. If you any have trim settings at all set then the axis will be reading input.

whoarmongar
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Shame to hear ppl having probs with controls,mine are now fine. However I did find when initialy setting up my controls if I had a key assigned also to any control that was assigned to my joystick I had issues. In my case my aileron control , if i touched keyboard rudders I could only bank at half stick on aileron. the only way i could solve this was by deleting any keyboard controls that were now on any other control device. could I sugest you try this little experiment Delete all relevant key controls and reassign them all to your joystick, I have mix and prop on my POV and see if this works.