PDA

View Full Version : To Luthier: Make SSOA optional... Pleaseee!!!

jt_medina
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
:grin: Just that, as you can see someone had figured out how to remove SSOA from the game improving the performance.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265101/Performance_improvement_mod_s_.html#Post3265101

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21048

Thanks to that many of us had been able to enjoy the sim without framerate issues.
I wonder if you could make it optional in the graphics settings.

Oldschool61
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
And make object texture resolutions more scalable like the mod is doing so peeps can run lower res and still have the eyecandy!!

Pbs
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
There is no need to change texture resolution, devs working on similar optimisation.
SSAO will be optional. Screenshots from developers:

Oldschool61
04-11-2011, 02:14 PM
There is no need to change texture resolution, devs working on similar optimisation.
SSAO will be optional. Screenshots from developers:

And you know this how?? And having the ability to lower tex res should still be an option. Most games give you an option for ultra, high , med, and low textures to improve performance. This game should be no different.

Pbs
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
And you know this how??
One developers (not Luthier) drop this hint on russian forum. I think Luthier will post official update about SSAO and other optimizations soon.

Gourmand
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
SSOA is great, but it should be auto-desactivate when we choose no shadow or low shadow.... i hope the next path "officialize" this ;)

Wolf_Rider
04-11-2011, 02:35 PM
yes, maybe not be completely SSAO on or off but selective where it is applied

Oldschool61
04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
yes, maybe not be completely SSAO on or off but selective where it is applied

Yes choices for everything that can inhibit fps is good!!!

AWL_Spinner
04-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice screenshots though - it's useful to see what it *does* as a counter to folk like Gibbage saying it's pointless in a flight sim.

Looks really good, actually, but obviously one has more important things to worry about when not taking screenshots.

mr71mb0
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
LOL, who voted "No I don't want my game running smooth please!" ?

That's the problem with a democracy, give everyone options and some will always choose the wrong one.

JG52Krupi
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
LOL, who voted "No I don't want my game running smooth please!" ?

That's the problem with a democracy, give everyone options and some will always choose the wrong one.

LOL I agree but some how I think you would thrive under a dictatorship, "You have a choice of A or B, but if you choose B your wrong" Points to a firring squad, "Please be honest in your choice" :-P

mr71mb0
04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
LOL I agree but some how I think you would thrive under a dictatorship, "You have a choice of A or B, but if you choose B your wrong" Points to a firring squad, "Please be honest in your choice" :-P

It's also ironic that your response defends the vote of someone to dictate the fact that we should have no choice to disable the option :-P

Rocka
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Well we all know by now that this fix works for most ppl, but there may be more to it that we don't know anything about yet. Let the devs take care of the issues first and then we'll se where we stand.

And no I'm not the one that voted no ;)

jt_medina
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.:grin: At least on the SSOA thing.

If some people vote no, they have the right to betray what common sense dictates what is the best for the majority. Even when the only thing programmers had to do is to add a new check box saying SSOA enable or disable.

Thank you all for your answers and voting.

JG14_Jagr
04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
SSOA is a very cool effect for shading.. very cool.. but even the developers at nVidia quote that it will cause a performance drop of 35% The level of "coolness" does not come close to justifying that level of performance hit when many people are at or just below the playability threshold right now. Right now I get 60fps in a particular mission I use to benchmark.. disabling SSOA gives me 102fps in that same mission..

Heliocon
04-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I think they need to increase the texture res for low altitude especially, it looks kinda fugly atm (although at height its fine).

JG52Krupi
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
It's also ironic that your response defends the vote of someone to dictate the fact that we should have no choice to disable the option :-P

I voted for the option :D