PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the FBM, (no FMB forum?)

bounty
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Tried my luck on SimHQ but no luck so far.

I've been enjoying the FMB over the weekend but have a couple of questions you might be able to answer for me...

How do you get working search lights? I can get them in the mission but they don't do anything, (regardless of the time of day). There is a set target button in the properties but it doesn't appear to do anything
Is there an air-raid siren anywhere?
Are there any triggers in the FMB?
Ai Actors, what do they do and how best to use them?
Any way to get ai aircraft to taxi to add a bit of atmosphere to airfield/missions

Tried the following to get the searchlights to work
Added a flight of german bombers to fly directly over the searchlights, then added some flak to see if it would fire and it did. Searchlights however just sit there doing nothing and with the light off. Also tried 700ft, 1000ft & 2000ft altidues for the bombers. Flak worked at all heights but still no searchlight. Times of day tried 21:30, 23:00 02:30, same result.

I wonder if you need the anti-air AI actor nearby to get it to function properly? Perhaps that's what the AI actors are for

Thanks in advance...

bounty
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Thought I'd add another question whilst I think of it.

Does the battle area have any affect on the mission? I have been able to resize and reposition it where I want but does it actually do anything?

Ataros
04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I opened some campaign missions in FMB and they had anti-air AI linked with radar, searchlights, generator and smth else. The campaign is located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission
Copy them somewhere and open with fmb to see

bounty
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Ah good thinking Ataros, should have thought to look at the pre-made missions myself.

Thank you

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
There definitely are triggers in the FMB. I'm at work now, so I forget exactly where to find it, but it's found by clicking on the 'scripts' option.

bounty
04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks Rattlehead I'll have a look when I get home.

Doing well only 2, 5 & the battle area questions to go.

Keep it up guys :)

Ataros
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Some finding on scripting and triggers at sukhoi.ru you may wish to check

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D68369

bounty
04-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you, added to favorites.

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
There definitely are triggers in the FMB. I'm at work now, so I forget exactly where to find it, but it's found by clicking on the 'scripts' option.

Go to 'edit' and from there choose the 'script' option at the bottom.

Chainsaw
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
another question:

how do I decide wich runway to use? In IL2 I just put the take off point close to the end of the runway I wanted to use. But here, nomatther what I do I start on the same runway all the time.

-And thats the shortest runway! wich is no good for me as I fly He-111 fully loaded. I could use some take off help rockets :cool:

bounty
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I believe changing the wind direction has an effect on which runway is used...