PDA

View Full Version : Future for SOW?

blowpipe
04-11-2011, 07:01 AM
What do you think; No new theatres ( MED-AFRICA) :confused:anymore after Olegs leave?

Raggz
04-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Why does people assume that IL2 COD is dead just because Oleg is busy doing other things. It's not like he made the game on his own.
Ilya and his team are doing a tremendous job with the game working their asses off. Give credits where it's due!!

Avionsdeguerre
04-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Why does people assume that IL2 COD is dead just because Oleg is busy doing other things. It's not like he made the game on his own.
Ilya and his team is doing a tremendous job with the game working their asses off.
+1

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Given time, I'm sure the new Il-2 will be every bit as expansive as the old Il-2.

I'd love a North Africa campaign next.

Foo'bar
04-11-2011, 07:52 AM
What do you think; No new theatres ( MED-AFRICA) :confused:anymore after Olegs leave?

They already have announced The Battle for Moscow and then there will be the project Galba still.

So for a Med/Africa theatre we will have to wait quite some years. Be shure.

carguy_
04-11-2011, 07:56 AM
What?! Moscow?? Reds again? Damn!

JG52Krupi
04-11-2011, 07:56 AM
They already have announced The Battle for Moscow and then there will be the project Galba still.

So for a Med/Africa theatre we will have to wait still some years. Be shure.

Is Moscow definitely the next expansion?

I was hoping for an African campaign, but as long as I can get my hands on a 190 in the next expansion I will be happy :D

Triggaaar
04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
What do you think; No new theatres ( MED-AFRICA) :confused:anymore after Olegs leave?If IL2 CoD is a success, then of course they will continue to release new theatres, and we'll have an amazing sim. The only way I can imagine CoD could fail is if people keep posting nonsense threads saying that CoD is an epic fail blah blah etc when it's not even been released world wide yet. I really struggle to understand the mind-set of so many of the so called flight sim fans who seem intent on bad mouthing what looks to be a great sim.

Scarecrow
04-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Ilya recently said the next theatre would raise a few eyebrows, a long time ago Korea was mentioned as a next theatre by Oleg and Ilya has a thing for early jets which is why the BI-1 was in Forgotten Battles. All speculation on my part but I guess it will be something very different.

Avionsdeguerre
04-11-2011, 08:21 AM
A French campaign ! :)
In my dreams...LoL

ATAG_Dutch
04-11-2011, 08:26 AM
In my dreams...LoL

I agree. A Battle of France campaign starting winter 1939.
Very cold that winter. Lots of snow!:grin:

jdbecks
04-11-2011, 08:31 AM
yeah not more red's campaigns! bring on the tempests, mosquitos and other western europe birds, or north aftrica..even the pacific would be better than another moscow

grunge
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I agree. A Battle of France campaign starting winter 1939.
Very cold that winter. Lots of snow!:grin:

Sounds very interesting! :grin:

Ivan Fooker
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Eastern Front is the real war front...not those children plays in the west!:twisted:

To be honest i really prefer the eastern front and am happy to see "Taifun" again.
And on the other side,one must understand that a russian dev is interested and motivated to bring their own front to their game.
Am sure that mediterraean/italian and invasion front will follow once again.
All in its chronological context, so it would be strange to switch back to a french campaign now...imho.

Ivan Fooker
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Eastern Front is the real war front...not those children plays in the west!:twisted:

To be honest i really prefer the eastern front and am happy to see "Taifun" again.
And on the other side,one must understand that a russian dev is interested and motivated to bring their own front to their game.
Am sure that mediterraean/italian and invasion front will follow once again.
All in its chronological context, so it would be strange to switch back to a french campaign now...imho.

A Battle of France campaign starting winter 1939.

Those 2 french recon planes, that got shot in winter 39 is not a real basic stuff to make an expansion of.

Avionsdeguerre
04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes very interesting and I say Vive la France ! :)
But with old French aircraft...er...it's...incredible ! And i'm not agree with a russian campaign.

Wutz
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
In my dreams...LoL
+1 on that, as I think up to now no one has tried a serious go at a invasion of France campaign! Just as interesting would be also a invasion of Poland!
Well I am a big fan of those old aircraft.
Will wait and see what comes.

HamishUK
04-11-2011, 11:17 AM

Not so sure about that. The Battle for Moscow is a little later in the series I think as would be a major standalone pack.

As for DLC expansion I think the Med is earlier as falls in line with history.

We will have to wait and see

PCG: Where next for the Cliffs of Dover engine? The Med? The Eastern Front? Korea?

OLEG: I can’t tell you the exact area or name of the title yet (market factors will have a say) but I personally prefer the Med.

blowpipe
04-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I hope for the Med with a real map of Italy and followed by the Ostfront with the biggest battles and its huge spaces.

TeeJay82
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I dont give a damn whats next and wheres next, regarding this sim... Whatever you sell ill buy it

jibo
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
we need to end up with england before going Est, a big Overlord expansion pack haz to be done and then the whole campain to berlin tempest, typhoons, B-17, P-51, 190, DOs, FTW

carguy_
04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I hope for the Med with a real map of Italy and followed by the Ostfront with the biggest battles and its huge spaces.

Without saying that the Eastern thing has been already done to death, I`m kind of shocked how this gossip could be true. I mean, the LW has got 2-6 planes and it is ok, but the reds? Mig, I-16, I-153, La5, LaGG3 and the bombers....too many planes to do (big mistake imo)!

Opitz
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Future is unknown, but present time is quite dark...

Furio
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I mean, the LW has got 2-6 planes and it is ok, but the reds? Mig, I-16, I-153, La5, LaGG3 and the bombers....too many planes to do

This is interesting. Compared to Il2 1946, any new CoD plane will equal at least 4 for GoS (Good old Sturmovik), perhaps more.

As the difference between a flyable and AI is again 2 for 1, taking in account the cockpit, I believe that we should accept a bigger share of AI versus flyable. After, all, many low performance types are flown by a minority of pilots, but represent a welcome addition in targets.

As for the next theatre, as long as new ones are regularly released, I don’t care!

David Hayward
04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Future is unknown, but present time is quite dark...

It gets brighter if you open your eyes.

Avionsdeguerre
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
It gets brighter if you open your eyes.
It's so beautiful LoL :)

JG14_Jagr
04-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Ilya recently said the next theatre would raise a few eyebrows, a long time ago Korea was mentioned as a next theatre by Oleg and Ilya has a thing for early jets which is why the BI-1 was in Forgotten Battles. All speculation on my part but I guess it will be something very different.

They had quite a few amazing models completed for the Korean Theater as well.. F86, Mig 15, AD4 Skyraider etc etc.. Would be very interesting..

Wutz
04-11-2011, 03:48 PM
They had quite a few amazing models completed for the Korean Theater as well.. F86, Mig 15, AD4 Skyraider etc etc.. Would be very interesting..
Well as a prop fan Korea is a theatre I would skip, not interested in jets at all.
Had enough jets during my military service.

JG52Krupi
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Interesting that they would choose a battle around a bigger city than London, desert few trees and small villages perfect setting. Good fps ;)

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
desert few trees and small villages perfect setting. Good fps ;)

Exactly!! :-P

Raggz
04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Exactly!! :-P

And damn boring flying over endless deserts of sands! ;)

Fuchs
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
we need to end up with england before going Est, a big Overlord expansion pack haz to be done and then the whole campain to berlin tempest, typhoons, B-17, P-51, 190, DOs, FTW

yeahh +10

David Hayward
04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
And damn boring flying over endless deserts of sands! ;)

Not if they're covered with lots of targets.

trumps
04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
BoF would be awesome, and Nth Africa!

Fjordmonkey
04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I dont give a damn whats next and wheres next, regarding this sim... Whatever you sell ill buy it

I'm with this guy :D

jrg
04-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Include a FW 190A in the sim and i'll buy it whatever the theater is. I can't wait to see a beatiful cockpit with all the nices buttons and electric stuffs which could be used in the fw (flaps, gear, trim...) well the butcherbird is a dream for a geek llike me^^.

JG27_brook
04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Western Front 44 - 45 thank you & "Anton Summer of love tour " 42 -43

jrg
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes western front is very good, my first sim was combat flight simulator 1 and since I've always loved the battle over europe, especially around the year 44.

Chivas
04-11-2011, 11:43 PM

The Battle of Moscow is a third party addon that should have little effect on what Oleg/Luthier do next. Although Battle of Moscow will probably come out much sooner than any other theater as its going to take a year or more for Cliffs of Dover to be anywhere near finished, then atleast another couple years of development time for the next theater.

The strong rumour has always been the Med, but now that Luthier has taken a much stronger role, project Galba may become a larger priority. Hopefully it won't as I have little interest in the Korean conflict, and I still got to believe they will carry on with WW2 in relative chronological order.

cre8tive Delay
04-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I'd be happy with Korea.
I really enjoyed Chuck Yeagers Aircombat back in the days :)