PDA

View Full Version : Let us give thanks

lothar29
04-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Gentlemen, it is high time that we thank the team of OLEG and Luthier efforts so this Simulator this progress, they have developed a simulator that will be the reference, in fact even and everything with their problems is already beginning to be the reference, how many of you expect to see images like which have found in this Simulator?
I even with problems, the first day to tune everything to fly with calm enjoyment of my first flight as if a pilot of WWII outside at that time, we need to thank them, they need to hear already kind of our part words, in few forums on few sites, said and still say bad of this simulated things? in many friends! even I, in turn me angry, but it is not wise to the correct?, is not the art to case a different thing for each person? because for them, for us, this is art, art mixed with one machine created time by OLEG and his team! myself, personal mind even that the I do not know me or I will never know! in the if I know him, the want to enjoy their passion, their passion are the aircraft in the same way that it is for us, because we always have to complain about everything? demos them time, and you desolation as this Simulator will be the more big that nobody never open seen...

I am fond of the simulation des for many years! My first Simulator was Microprose, the B - 17 Flying fortress, then started to fly with the WWII fighter janes, and then, at last! I discovered a simulator that I change my way of seeing the world, made me better know my fondness for the aircraft, this Simulator is that many of us even to this day fly, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and both expansions, truth that those who you start des on the first day, also had problems? be managed? that if, because that is what happened with Cliffs of Dover, because Oleg, not leave their fans without your and our hobby!

Viking
04-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Amen!

Viking

Avala
04-11-2011, 03:45 AM
This is actually a simulation, not simulator. I also say "Thanks", but the fact and reality is that this is not finished product, and as such, we the end users shouldn't do the optimizations ourselves with already paid "finished" product.

In any case, saying "thanks" for something that you have paid, and what doesn't do the job for which you have paid it, is pure nonsense.

Imagine that you have bought car and paid a full price, but you have to mount engine in it by yourself.

Sane attitude would be "OK, you didn't get the time to finish it, I understand that, but I gave you the money, so hurry, and give me my finished and polished product"

nullack
04-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Yeah well I aint a blinded fanboy

Anyone who releases a major international game with these sorts of bugs in it, does so in disrespect to their organisation and their customers

Come on, broken SLI, broken multicore threading, bunch of performance related problems....Nup, I'm not saying thanks at all it's way beyond a few functional game bugs to be patched, its well into the red zone of more substandard code released onto paying customers who are sick and tired of this crap being pulled in the gaming industry

carguy_
04-11-2011, 06:17 AM
This is actually a simulation, not simulator. I also say "Thanks", but
Imagine that you have bought car and paid a full price, but you have to mount engine in it by yourself.

I gotta say, that car analogy a lot of you users seem to bring up is by far the stupidest I`ve heard in a while. If you can`t think up a better one I suggest you take the game back right now because it is too hard for your weak minds to comprehend any of it.

Fuchs
04-11-2011, 06:20 AM
This is actually a simulation, not simulator. I also say "Thanks", but the fact and reality is that this is not finished product, and as such, we the end users shouldn't do the optimizations ourselves with already paid "finished" product.

In any case, saying "thanks" for something that you have paid, and what doesn't do the job for which you have paid it, is pure nonsense.

Sane attitude would be "OK, you didn't get the time to finish it, I understand that, but I gave you the money, so hurry, and give me my finished and polished product"

+1

thanks to sell me an unfinished, unplayable simulator like as an finished product...

Scarecrow
04-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Fanboy here! IL2 FB and expansions outlived two operating systems and every other game I ever bought. I hope the release will provide the devs with enough funds to continue making first class sims. I have faith that if the nay sayers don't crush this project we'll see active IL2 servers well into the next decade of this century.:grin:

Raggz
04-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I gotta say, that car analogy a lot of you users seem to bring up is by far the stupidest I`ve heard in a while. If you can`t think up a better one I suggest you take the game back right now because it is too hard for your weak minds to comprehend any of it.

+1... nuff said!!!

Triggaaar
04-11-2011, 08:27 AM
the fact and reality is that this is not finished product, and as such, we the end users shouldn't do the optimizations ourselves with already paid "finished" product.When you're at the cutting edge of a simulator like this things are not so easy.

Imagine that you have bought car and paid a full price, but you have to mount engine in it by yourself.If there was a new revolutionairy car that was better than anything else ever made (but the same price), I'd have no problem having to put the engine in. And likewise, if this game was the same as every other flight sim on the market I wouldn't bother with it if it wasn't all running smoothly. But it isn't. There are no other flight sims available today with the potential of this one (and it's not only potential, it runs pretty well for me now).

ATAG_Dutch
04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree with the OP, (I think).

Take a look at the screenshots. I never thought it would be possible to have this level of detail and realism (sky, sea, landscape and A/C) in what people refer to as a 'game'.
When you're 'flying', the feeling of 'being there' is incredible, even with the current frame rate/stutter issues. I've found that I now have to fly with the canopy open all the time for an even better view of the realism.
All it needs is some scratch n sniff cards with exhaust fumes, cordite and grass smells.

And people build kit cars all the time. They buy those too, don't they? And provide their own engine.

Thanks 1c Maddox!

SQB
04-11-2011, 08:55 AM
thanks! :grin:

(don't expect me to argue with idiots)

McQ59
04-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I bought it, installed it and are now awaiting the guys in the tower to fix the bugs and come up with a solution to whatever is the reason it won't run smooth. In the mean time I refine my patiense and give the towerguys a big hand for even doing what they are doing in the first place. I'm sure they are put under a tremendous strain from the whitecollars running the excellsheets...

Sooner or later this game will take me to the skies.

lothar29
04-11-2011, 09:18 AM

The bug? Yes of course, I will tell you when I buy the product did not know that existed? , by I if, like almost all that we bought, anyway this thread have not opened it for those who want to complain, if not for the people who like me this happy by having a worthy successor to the IL-2 series fb, sturmovik 1946...

I would like to emphasise that this thread is only for people who want to thank the team of Oleg his great achievements with this Simulator and those who have to get... so if you want to criticize something go to the millions of threads of so many existing...

PS: I am the first who wants to have the simulator already completed, I paid for like all, but if we just complain and give rush, which will be the result?...

lothar29
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM
I bought it, installed it and are now awaiting the guys in the tower to fix the bugs and come up with a solution to whatever is the reason it won't run smooth. In the mean time I refine my patiense and give the towerguys a big hand for even doing what they are doing in the first place. I'm sure they are put under a tremendous strain from the whitecollars running the excellsheets...

If Mr, is absolutely right, we all have to have patience... nothing more...:-)

Opitz
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
If Mr, is absolutely right, we all have to have patience... nothing more...:-)

If you want to thank even more - buy few more copies of CLOD, or send money directly to Oleg's bank account...

But reasonable man can see the quality of CLOD - even here... You can see that discussions here are not about "flying" or "immersion", but mostly about what position and opinion take and defend ...

You can start ten thousand more WE-LOVE-YOU, but it will not change the reality which is quite unpleasant...

I just don't understand why Oleg or Luthier didn't start some kind of Maddox Game fundraising or charity fund - anyone could send them any amount of their money to support this game developer and let them develop it even seven more years... Everyone here would by a t-shirt with Oleg's moustache on it for 300 bucks...

carguy_
04-11-2011, 09:44 AM
If you want to thank even more - buy few more copies of CLOD, or send money directly to Oleg's bank account...

Ooooooooor you can just buy the Collector`s Edition. It`s price is just over the amount of $ I`d have to pay for 2 copies of the game.

MACADEMIC
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Hey McQ, no wonder you can't get it to run, it's not meant to work on the PS3!

;)

MAC

JumpingHubert
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I give a big thanks to kegety for this solution of performance issues: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265101/Performance_improvement_mod_s_.html#Post3265101

Furio
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I gotta say, that car analogy a lot of you users seem to bring up is by far the stupidest I`ve heard in a while.

I agree, perhaps with a less harsh wording, but the kit car analogy is, in my opinion, no less misleading.

We are not supposed to build any kit, but just to have a little patience and common sense. Maddox Games is a company that demonstrated its ability to solve problems, and to give sustained support to their sims through the years, with continuous expansions and improvements that keep today Il2 still enjoyable. Such a good reputation deserves to be respected, and this continuous talking of failures shows a lack of knowledge about Maddox Games history, in the better case. In the worst case, it’s an unbearable lack of respect.

Consider that I’m in the worst situation. At first CoD run reasonably, enough to show me its intrinsic qualities, but now, after first patch, it refuses to start. However, in the light of Maddox games history and reputation, I’m reasonably confident a solution will come.

As fort the thanks, I believe they’re deserved, but for another reason: a flight sim with that realism, made for pc and not for consoles, is something than no other on Earth has done. It required a lot of talent, dedication and hard work than will never be fully paid by the most optimistic commercial success. We should always keep this in our mind: big money is in consoles and shooters, not in flight sims for pc. In other words, in the long run we’ll have much more than we paid for.

Rattlehead
04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm thankful because the flight sim market has another great addition to it's ranks. Seriously, games in this genre (a very niche genre) are not falling out of the sky.

I'm sure it would be a lot easier for the development team to create a fps or racing game and slap it onto a console. Those games are a dime a dozen and the sales potential is huge.

But no, they spend several years creating a bloody good flight sim and the Il-2 legacy lives on...giving joy to us all. Yes it's had a rocky start but things are starting to look good.

Onwards and upwards.

Scarecrow
04-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Consider that I’m in the worst situation. At first CoD run reasonably, enough to show me its intrinsic qualities, but now, after first patch, it refuses to start. However, in the light of Maddox games history and reputation, I’m reasonably confident a solution will come.

Do you have AVG? The patched rendobj.dll has a different checksum to the pre-patch one so needs to be added to the PuP exception list again. Hope this helps.

Furio
04-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Do you have AVG? The patched rendobj.dll has a different checksum to the pre-patch one so needs to be added to the PuP exception list again. Hope this helps.

Thank you, Scarecrow. Is the AVG you’re talking about an antivirus-firewall? In that case the answer is: no, I have Norton. The rest of your advice is perhaps a little too technical for me, but thank you very much nonetheless!

lothar29
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
My mother! I this surprising the general attitude really are simple Flight Simulator fans, and they a few developers that are working hard to ensure that you and I enjoy a unique Simulator!

but I see one thing, I do not work for me, I pisoteo the work of the world, I say then, many of you have not screwed her once at work? more than one and insurance that at end of month wanted to charge equally... is shameful what is happening with the assumptions on the simulation...

Even to begin to ask me if really one that criticáis the game am really amateur aviation and assimilation or some simple distorting of reality...

By the way, I have all the copies of which I have podium buy, have the edition collector 70€ and the edition Russian buy in the first place in the same way that I have all title them in the IL-2 series including the shit of Wings of Prey...

I want to thank those who gave thanks to the team of Oleg and luthier, and say that I am going to try to close this thread, as I do not accept more criticism, for that because there are threads of criticism...