PDA

View Full Version : USA flyers go here and get yours working today

CBA_Bludawg
04-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Im. in the USA (Utah) and i bought my Version from here.
http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pID=645&gclid=COes0M2p1qcCFQoZ4Qod3hx_9Q
Downloaded (10hrs) and selected english version to install after it was done downloading, put activation code in and wham its working 100%

I did NOT make another Steam account this is my only steam account and working fine.

scissorss
04-11-2011, 05:12 AM
For a speedier download, just put the activation code in steam first, and let steam handle the download at top speed for you.

CBA_Bludawg
04-11-2011, 06:27 AM
lol i didnt think of that, but i wasnt sure if it would have worked either

Hooves
04-11-2011, 10:09 AM
For a speedier download, just put the activation code in steam first, and let steam handle the download at top speed for you.

You sir, are the man!!

Went frpm 300 k to 2 MEGS!!!! Ill be playing in no time. whts hilarious is in steam its downloading right above "Cliffs of Dover Pre-order" Which I am canceling BTW. Steam purchasing = fail in this case.

pchaxor
04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
I am an American and I can say "This worked a treat!"

OCsoldier
04-15-2011, 04:26 AM
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this properly. If I order it off that site, they'll send me a CD key in which I can put in steam, and I can download it from steam and play it? Even if I'm in the US and the release date isn't until next month? Please respond, I want to play this game before I leave for basic training!! :D

scissorss
04-15-2011, 04:55 AM
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this properly. If I order it off that site, they'll send me a CD key in which I can put in steam, and I can download it from steam and play it? Even if I'm in the US and the release date isn't until next month? Please respond, I want to play this game before I leave for basic training!! :D

Yup. :)

CBA_Bludawg
04-15-2011, 05:23 AM
yup 100% works

MegOhm
04-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Yup I just made the purchase, got the key in 30 secs, went to my Steam account and activated, downloaded in 37 minutes... This is great, I really did not want to wait until May 24th!

Thanks Guys, you made my day!!!! I will take off early tomorrow and start the process of making this beast wotk!!!!

Pudfark
04-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Ditto on the above....got mine today in the Republic of Texas...
Sheesh on that "37 minute" download....next thing ya know, everbodie
will have flush toilets....

VectorForFood
04-18-2011, 01:17 AM
For what it's worth this worked in Canada as well... but to be honest, even with the BETA patch, wish I waited... it's generally junk, but there is definately some amazing potential.

JG14_Jagr
04-18-2011, 06:31 AM
For what it's worth this worked in Canada as well... but to be honest, even with the BETA patch, wish I waited... it's generally junk, but there is definately some amazing potential.

What system are you running it on now? I Have been having an amazing time playing online with it.. What are your issues, there are improvements for a lot of problems if you open up and share some info maybe we can help.

VectorForFood
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Well to be perfectly honest I know some of it is my PC.

I'm running
Win 7 64
ATI 5770
8 GB DDR3 RAM
The last 3 are upgrades on my old machine running my 2.13 Quad Core.

HOWEVER

I did expect a bit more than I am getting since I run Crysis 2 on full graphics @ 80 FPS.

With IL2 COD, with everything set to "Medium" I am getting around 30 FPS at the lowest point 40 FPS at the highest point flying over London, which is smooth and fine, it's the damned stutters which ruin the game for me... they are not constant by any means, but when they happen it's incredibly annoying.

Zoom2136
04-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Well to be perfectly honest I know some of it is my PC.

I'm running
Win 7 64
ATI 5770
8 GB DDR3 RAM
The last 3 are upgrades on my old machine running my 2.13 Quad Core.

HOWEVER

I did expect a bit more than I am getting since I run Crysis 2 on full graphics @ 80 FPS.

With IL2 COD, with everything set to "Medium" I am getting around 30 FPS at the lowest point 40 FPS at the highest point flying over London, which is smooth and fine, it's the damned stutters which ruin the game for me... they are not constant by any means, but when they happen it's incredibly annoying.

This is NOT a FPS. These game need very little CPU to run and a lot of GPU.

Flight sims OTOH need a LOT of CPU and less GPU to run at their best.

CBA_Bludawg
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
It will get better i bet in next patch, have you tried kegetys mods for it? its helped tons of people if not try them out bro!!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265101/Performance_improvement_mod_s_.html#Post3265101

Phantom77
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Just got mine from Simware. I live in Canada and it work great. Got the activation key and Steam take care of the rest. With the latest patch there was an improvement but it look like the game is running smoother with the Nvidia 270.61 driver.

ATAG_Doc
04-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Sweet!!! Worked.

softbatch
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm getting unable to process item due to country selected. Has something changed or am I just doing it wrong.

Marmusman
04-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Just keep going with the order. I got the same message on the final checkout listing. But my order got processed. Also in Steam, when you enter the code, it gives some statement about not being able to do it, but I clicked it again and it worked. That was my experience today, about 5 hours ago.

softbatch
04-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Just keep going with the order. I got the same message on the final checkout listing. But my order got processed. Also in Steam, when you enter the code, it gives some statement about not being able to do it, but I clicked it again and it worked. That was my experience today, about 5 hours ago.

:cool: Thanks, I was just doing it wrong.

Troll2k
04-27-2011, 06:01 AM
I understand you can now d/l from Direct 2 Drive in the USA.

Zephyr_66
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if purchasing from Direct 2 Drive works the same way as purchasing from Justflight, i.e. do you just enter activation code into Steam and let steam download the game for you or do you have to download from Direct 2 Drive?

lakelandman
05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey can someone tell me I tried to pick other country do I have download from untied Kingdom if I try other counties I get this from the web site
We are unable to provide this item for the country you have selected.
Please remove it to continue shopping.
Thanks Lakelandman

White Owl
05-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Lake, that warning is normal. Everybody sees it. I just ignored it, continued with the purchase, and used the key they sent me to download from Steam. Easy.

genbrien
05-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I just cancelled my purchase on Steam cause of the 2 months pushback. If I buy it this week at ''justflight'', will I be able to play this week?

SAFBadland
05-23-2011, 04:01 AM
I just cancelled my purchase on Steam cause of the 2 months pushback. If I buy it this week at ''justflight'', will I be able to play this week?
It appears that only if you are from the U.S.A. you will not be able to purchase from JustFlight. There is no restriction for Canada. I purchase my copy 2 days ago, received the key before leaving the JustFlight site, and entered it into Steam to begin the download.
My connection is not all that fast, however I was playing in just a few hours.

White Owl
05-23-2011, 06:05 AM
It appears that only if you are from the U.S.A. you will not be able to purchase from JustFlight. There is no restriction for Canada. I purchase my copy 2 days ago, received the key before leaving the JustFlight site, and entered it into Steam to begin the download.

Why do you say people in the USA can't buy it from JustFlight? This thread is full of people who did exactly that.

genbrien
05-23-2011, 06:45 AM

thx a lot, will buy it tomorrow;)

SAFBadland
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Why do you say people in the USA can't buy it from JustFlight? This thread is full of people who did exactly that.
Quote from the JustFlight site: "Please note - due to publisher's restriction, this game is not available for sale from European websites to the United States of America. "
If our neighbors to the south can still purchase the game from JustFlight, then that is a good thing. More sales means more development.
Hope that clears things up.

CBA_Bludawg
05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
maybe they updated the site, cause i didnt see that warning when i bought my 3 copys. If anyone has bought it lately maybe they can post that it still works.

I have a program that can change your ip and make the site think your from the UK so you can get it. let me know and ill send it your way.

I'm sure there is other places out there as well or better yet maybe a fellow flying buddy has a paypal account and you can send the cash to him he buys it and ships it to you.

MeatEtr
05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
So whats the deal on the actual USA release? I much prefer to buy a physical copy and don't mind the continuous or never ending wait. I'd like to walk into my local Best Buy or Gamestop to purchase this.

But when?

Troll2k
05-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Steam and Amazon both say July 19th.

Gogamer is selling the boxed European import but I have read they are having a problem with duplicate CD keys.

Best buy site says July 19th.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-5115320648508425618&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=cliffs+of+dover&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Overstock.com says July 19th.
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/PC-IL-2-Sturmovik-Cliffs-of-Dover-By-Ubisoft/5662651/product.html

The Ubi store still list the d/l for tomorrow(5/24/11).
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.224107800/IL2-Sturmovik-Cliffs-of-Dover.html

Gamestop does not have it listed.

badfinger
05-24-2011, 01:26 AM
I just went to JustFlight.com, registered and tried to buy Cod from the USA (League City, TX). I got this message:

We are unable to provide this item for the country you have selected.
Please remove it to continue shopping.

WTF?

binky9

DCt2011
05-24-2011, 02:09 AM
I bought it threw direct to drive on April 26th then a week or so later it was back on pre-order.

Troll2k
05-24-2011, 02:35 AM
From what I have read just ignore the Just Flight error message and continue on.

Maybe others that have had this message and continued can report.

Aviator Dan
05-25-2011, 01:31 AM
From what I see, there is no way I can figure out how to get passed the not available in the U.S. message from Just Flight.

Formula88
05-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I got it from them without problems a month ago...But I have had a JustFlight account for years so maybe that had something to do with it. Perhaps UBI demanded they stop selling it to American users? Look harder for a way around this though, it might be right infront of you.

SlipBall
05-25-2011, 10:31 AM
From what I have read just ignore the Just Flight error message and continue on.

Maybe others that have had this message and continued can report.

Yes, I can confirm that...just ignore that message, complete the transaction, and receive the key, skip the download (too slow). Open a Steam account, submit the key when asked, Steam will then download the game...no problems, worked great, easy for me here in the U.S.A.:grin:

Aviator Dan
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM
If I have done this right there should be a zip file attached that shows my puchase page to Just Flight. What button do I push to complete the order? All I see is "Cancel this order and logout". Confused Dan

l3uLLDoZeR
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I just ran through the process to see if t would work. Bottom right corner is the green box to complete order, but you have to check the little box above it that says " agree to terms".

Zephyr_66
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I can confirm that U.S. residents can still purchase CloD from Justflight as of right now. The transaction went smoothly, the last page of the transaction contained the Activation Code, I entered it in Steam and am currently downloading the game.

badfinger
05-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I just ran through the process, and I wasn't allowed to continue after name, card number, email, etc.

binky9

Zephyr_66
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear that binky9. Any error messages? My copy is currently downloading through Steam and is now at 48%

badfinger
05-25-2011, 09:08 PM
No, it just wouldn't let me go any further. I tried buying something else, and that was also a no-go. So, it may be that they just don't like me.:) I sent an email to tech support, but it may take 2 days to get an answer.

Thanks,

binky9

Zephyr_66
05-25-2011, 09:20 PM
No, it just wouldn't let me go any further. I tried buying something else, and that was also a no-go. So, it may be that they just don't like me.:) I sent an email to tech support, but it may take 2 days to get an answer.

Thanks,

binky9

I did notice when creating my account that my name and address had to exactly match the billing address of my credit card.
(Still currently downloading, at 68%)

SlipBall
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
I did notice when creating my account that my name and address had to exactly match the billing address of my credit card.
(Still currently downloading, at 68%)

Yep, be honest about your location. and agree to the terms...thats the ticket:grin:

conio
05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
I got tired of waiting for the US release and just got it from JustFlight without any problem.
Downloading from steam now :)

Zephyr_66
05-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Yep, be honest about your location. and agree to the terms...thats the ticket:grin:

Just to clarify, I used the short version of my first name when setting up my Justflight account information, while I use the full spelling on my credit card. That's all it took for the process to fail the first time I attempted to make the purchase.

badfinger
05-26-2011, 03:22 AM
I tried again, and ignored the message about me being in the USA, hit Confirm and it went through.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do the thing with Steam, though.

Thanks all,

binky9

CBA_Bludawg
05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
one of my clan mates couldnt get his to work either, is bank wouldnt allow the transaction to go through cause it was in another country, so i bought it for him and worked fine last night as well. so yes it still does work, if it doesnt it could be your bank stopping the transaction thinking its fraud, so you may have to call your bank or credit card co. to clear up.

agse10
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Just bought it from Justflight for only 30 $? is it cheaper because it isnt a boxed copy?

Troll2k
05-27-2011, 12:39 PM
It still says $49.99 on their website.

_79_cfb
05-27-2011, 12:46 PM
~S~
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/il-2-strumovik-cliffs-of-dover

badfinger
05-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I got an email from JustFlight announcing the $30 48 hour special. So, I asked for a credit for the $50 I paid 3-4 days ago. WTH, all they can do is say no.

binky9

l3uLLDoZeR
05-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Sweet deal guys, thanks! I'll be jumping on this when my power is restored (day 2 in the dark), my iPhone won't go to the credit card page without java. I feel much better paying 30 bucks to beta test a game, but the guys who downloaded for 14$ got the best deal!

Troll2k
05-28-2011, 01:37 AM
I just bought Clod from Just flight.Although it initially says $49.99, when you put it in your cart you get the sale price of $29.99.

A hard deal to pass up.

I got the region error but just continued on and it went through and I got my activation code right away at the end of the transaction.

My game machine is apart right now(water pump leak) but as soon as it is back together I will d/l using Steam.

Zephyr_66
05-28-2011, 01:53 AM
I just bought Clod from Just flight.Although it initially says $49.99, when you put it in your cart you get the sale price of $29.99.

I hate you for that. I paid 50 bucks, less than 48 hours ago. I hope Lord Satan answers my prayers and gives you dispepsia. :evil:

Troll2k
05-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Binkie9 asked for a refund of the difference.

Can not hurt to ask.

I hope he keeps his progress updated.

By the time the USA version is released it will be in the dollar bin in Europe.

Zephyr_66
05-28-2011, 03:20 AM

Can not hurt to ask.

Yep, I did exactly that. I haven't heard back from them but I will report back here the results. Ya know, Steam used to refund the diff if you purchased a game a day or two before a sale, if you were very nice about it, LOL. Let's see what Justflight can do. Don't hurt to ask :grin:
If not, that's still ok. Like somebody else said in some other topic, "I hope 1C get's that extra 20 bucks". They're gonna need a cash flow to continue supporting this game.
The game actually performs a lot better on my mid range system than I thought it would which is a big plus. :grin:

badfinger
05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Yep, I did exactly that. I haven't heard back from them but I will report back here the results. Ya know, Steam used to refund the diff if you purchased a game a day or two before a sale, if you were very nice about it, LOL. Let's see what Justflight can do. Don't hurt to ask :grin:
If not, that's still ok. Like somebody else said in some other topic, "I hope 1C get's that extra 20 bucks". They're gonna need a cash flow to continue supporting this game.
The game actually performs a lot better on my mid range system than I thought it would which is a big plus. :grin:

I haven't heard back form JustFlight, either. But,it's a holiday weekend.

My current problem is with Steam. My password isn't working, so I asked for a new one, and they sent it to an email address I've never heard of. Now, they want ME to verify who I am!!! by sending them some copies of receipts of things I've bought from them. I've never bought anything, I only registered so that I could get CoD.:evil:

binky9

Zephyr_66
05-29-2011, 09:20 PM
That just doen't make sense. If you haven't activated CLoD on Steam yet than just create a new Steam account. Once you get Steam working you can activate and download Cliffs of Dover.
FYI A Steam Forum name/password is not the same as a Steam acount name/password.
If you want we can set up a ventrillo or TS3 server and work figure this out.

badfinger
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
If I can get a new account, I'll try that, first.

Thanks,

binky9

Zephyr_66
05-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Let me know binky. Steam works just fine, just like any other client. People new to Steam should get it running on their computer first, BEFORE trying to activate a game on it. As a Windows Vista user I can say that, as in any software installation, the UAC and Windows Firewall may need initial adjustments.

badfinger
05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I got a new account, and I am set to download CoD to my computer.

How do I do that? I have my activation code from JustFlight, where do I go in Steam to paste it?

binky9

BMCha
05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't have CoD yet, but from steam experience through other games it would have to be the Games->Activate a Product on Steam menu option.

badfinger
05-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Zephyr 66 and BMCha,

Download CoD now. Thanks

binky9

CBA_Bludawg
05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
well i tried to get another copy today cause with discount and points its only 14. bucks, and its blocking me, i cant checkout anyone have any ideas? i even tried a canada addy, and hiding my ip all failed.

if you have paypal and can buy it i will send the 20. USA via paypal for the key? respond asap please before sale ends lol

thanks

Zephyr_66
06-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Can not hurt to ask.

I hope he keeps his progress updated.

By the time the USA version is released it will be in the dollar bin in Europe.

I just checked my email and guess what? Justflight refunded the difference WOOHOO
Way to go Justflight, looks like you got a customer for life!!!!:)

badfinger
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I haven't heard anything from JustFlight. Will ping them again.

binky9

badfinger
06-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Just got my refund. They were very nice and helpful people.

binky9

jayrc
06-18-2011, 05:43 PM
unable to complete transaction, any idea's?

jayrc
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
nevermind, DLing now

Richie
07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Downloaded fine but Steam won't let me get an account. If I try through the game it just says every account name has been taken no matter what I put in and when I go to the site to try to do it that way the human verification just keeps refreshing over and over and over and over.

White Owl
07-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Downloaded fine but Steam won't let me get an account. If I try through the game it just says every account name has been taken no matter what I put in and when I go to the site to try to do it that way the human verification just keeps refreshing over and over and over and over.

Ouch. Sounds like an issue for Steam customer support. Hope it's an easy fix.

DD_Propnut
10-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I purchased it from GetGames today, it is on sale again for 24.99. Justflight still has it listed for 49.99. To get it to let me purchase I used Paypal rather than a credit card. Since the sale went through Paypal.com.uk I guess they do not see that as a US purchase.

No problems at all, steam accepted the activation key and it installed on my drive in seconds (as I already had it on my drive from a previous install into a new account...I was worried about having it on my account before the actual U.S. release...a baseless fear).

Also cool, it simply used the entire game installation so I did not need to apply the beta patch again nor redo my several controllers (what a pain that would be).