PDA

View Full Version : Buildings and everything else on the ground too optimistic even for the high-end PCs

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
so, now its obvious,
look under kategorien:
http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/category/computerspiele/cliffs-of-dover-computerspiele/screenshots/2010/

objects are so detailed and complex (objects, less textures)...we can have gran turismo (or Toca race driver) out of trucks, 3d super Civilization sim out of houses....its too much guys, for todays PCs....
So we have 2 options:
1) make the land objects much less complex (less poligons/objects, more textures or whatever, ask guys who know better)
2) Leave as it is and we can all shelve the sim so we can play in 2-3 years with new hardware....

then again I have nice fps but so many microstutters even over the sea....gameplay is not smooth....I did everything I could (I have pretty decent hardware knowledge) to boost perforamance...but nothing much

yes I would liek to play this sim online with my friends...and I cant now....I wonder If I would be able to....this year??

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought you sold your copy of the game?

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I thought you sold your copy of the game?

I didnt, Im still waiting for the buyer...nobody wants it? Can you help? Its on sale here......I dont want to have a game (payed for) which I cant play...Is that so strange?
(and that is with i7 on 3.5Ghz, gtx470 on 750mhz and 1300GB of VRAM and 6 GIGS of RAM).....

btw, your not on the topic...

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I didnt Im still waiting for the buyer...nobody wants it? Can you help? Its on sale here......Is that strange?

It's a little strange that you keep complaining about a game you're trying to sell. Maybe if you tell everyone it's a great game you'll be able to sell your copy faster.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 08:34 PM
It's a little strange that you keep complaining about a game you're trying to sell. Maybe if you tell everyone it's a great game you'll be able to sell your copy faster.

are you trolling?

you think its strange Im complaining that I cant play a game I purchased on my rig (see above)....

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
are you trolling?

No more than you.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
No more than you.

No mate. Initial post was about too complex land objects...thats all....then you found your "target" for little private flame/bash war....in fact you want this thread to be locked because you think this will save devs from the true...
you can do so many things, to help them, as fan of this sim..rather than this...

seaeye
04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
The sim IS playable, I have a much lesser system and it runs fine (not perfect) with the MODS described in another thread.

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
you can do some many things, to help them, as fan of this sim..rather than this...

Same goes for you. I'll start to help them once I can buy a copy.

Redroach
04-10-2011, 08:55 PM
No mate. Initial post was about too complex land objects...thats all....then you found your "target" for little private flame/bash war....in fact you want this thread to be locked because you think this will save devs from the true...
you can do some many things, to help them, as fan of this sim..rather than this...

You're constantly seeding hate with these threads. If you want to get rid of your copy of CoD, fine, put it up on ebay, sell it to a friend who actually likes Flightsims etc. But no, you keep coming back here, being jealous of how other people enjoy CoD and you really hate that. So, inflammatory thread no. 6331 sees the light of day, yet you accuse others of starting the flames.
Once you had your time on the internet, you know them all - and you can pretty accurately predict what's coming next. Sigh.

baronWastelan
04-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Seems you are giving up too soon? I have a low-end PC: Q9650 Quad @3600mhz, Geforce GTX 285 OC, 4GB RAM and running OK (smooth 95% of the time) @ 1920x1200, that's with grass, forests, shadows and roads turned on. What I struggled with at first was getting the GPU to clock up to the maximum mhz, which for mine is about 690. It was stuck on 400mhz all the time, until I played around in NVidia control panel settings and setup a EVGA Precision overclock profile. Even now the GPU will occasionally down-shift to 400 and I have to reboot Windows 7 to get it working right again. CloD is all about the GPU, so it takes a lot of driver tweaking but it is so worth it. It took me almost 3 years to get FSX running well, so I'm extremely happy to be having fun playing CloD after only 3 days!

etzi
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Same goes for you. I'll start to help them once I can buy a copy.

Can you tell me, why you need to babble in every thread?!?

Your fanboy chatter does not help at all.

whoarmongar
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Clearly the game has problems but since the patch it has improved. On smaller multiplayer maps it is playable, and with my rig I can play the game.

win7 home premium
X64-based PC
intel Core 2 Quad cpu Q8300 @ 2.50GHz(4CPU)
4 Gig RAM
DX 11
NVIDIA Geforce GTS 250 (1 Gig RAM)
Saitek AV8R joystick
TrackIRv5

In truth I like the game expect to get years of fun out of it and am looking forward to future developments.

IceFire
04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I realize that the game has very highly detailed objects and given that I don't have the game I can't speak to the actual options but IL-2 always gave the ability to turn down the details.

Do you have to run at such high levels of complexity?

Ali Fish
04-10-2011, 09:51 PM
i agree with the op here. 4096 is un-neceesary, its adding an exponential affect to the performance decrease. it simply is not required and its an extravagance. optimise please.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 10:25 PM
ok guys....to end chit chat, the facts:

1) game currently uses very high resolutions (pilot etc.), poligons/objects for ground units, buildings etc...nice to have high details but currently even supercomputers have performance issues with so detailed landscape objects-units....
2) Im not able to run this game smoothly on my rig which is far beyond recommended (even although i have good avg fps, but we all now thats not always enough for smooth running if the sim is not optimised well)
3) I bought this sim as Olegs fan and as one of the first to fly original, back in 2001
4) im not a troll, whiner or sick fanboy....I like sims and supportED Oleg, but 1C advertised this sim via videos and other material where poor performance was never mentioned....
5) why is strange if I want to fly a sim I bought and that is on more than decent rig....currently i cant....

development of modern sims is not easy, I know, but if you concentrate 95% of resources on eyecandy, features and FModels....and very little on OPTIMISATION....youll have what we have now with COD....
I have no doubts devs or moders will optimise the sim....but when....I can wait, no probs, but nobody told us we will have such probs with performance.....this is beyond believable...even the poorly optimised ROF had less issues...so either they didnt want to tell us or they never tested this sim properly...its hardly believable beta testers didnt report performance issues....
look at the medina`s topic and that is only a small part of the story....

bongodriver
04-10-2011, 10:34 PM
works fine for me, maybe you need to accept it's just you and maybe a few others having some problems....for what reason? who knows, but constantly attacking the sim is just silly.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 10:38 PM
works fine for me, maybe you need to accept it's just you and maybe a few others having some problems....for what reason? who knows, but constantly attacking the sim is just silly.

nobody is attacking......so you have smooth gameplay and 50+ FPS? Without mods? Specs?

robtek
04-10-2011, 10:38 PM
What is strange that you, as we all, waited so long to play it and now heaven falls because you have to wait maybe a few more weeks to play it without problems.
See the money you've spent for this sim as a investment into the future.
I, for my part, am shure this money is well spent for the fun i expect to have.
Even in this, not so perfect, state, this game made the classic IL2 boring for me.
No way to go back, except when i have to, flying with my squad.

bongodriver
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
nobody is attacking......so you have smooth gameplay and 50+ FPS? Without mods? Specs?

yes it is smooth and good fps (around 50 average) with no mods and everything turned to max and resolution is 1680x1050, over london I do get some slow down on same settings, I also have a GTX470 card.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 10:45 PM
....maybe a few more weeks to play it without problems.

maybe-baby

btw say this to new customers....unimaginable...and whats about (lost?) good reputaition of maddox?....who cares for me.....but others...masses? New customers. etc...ROF had less probs regarding performance but still, they needed more than a year to optimise...We will se how many patience you all will have.....

Rattlehead
04-10-2011, 10:49 PM
ok guys....to end chit chat, the facts:

1) game currently uses very high resolutions (pilot etc.), poligons/objects for ground units, buildings etc...nice to have high details but currently even supercomputers have performance issues with so detailed landscape objects-units....
2) Im not able to run this game smoothly on my rig which is far beyond recommended (even although i have good avg fps, but we all now thats not always enough for smooth running if the sim is not optimised well)
3) I bought this sim as Olegs fan and as one of the first to fly original, back in 2001
4) im not a troll, whiner or sick fanboy....I like sims and supportED Oleg, but 1C advertised this sim via videos and other material where poor performance was never mentioned....
5) why is strange if I want to fly a sim I bought and that is on more than decent rig....currently i cant....

development of modern sims is not easy, I know, but if you concentrate 95% of resources on eyecandy, features and FModels....and very little on OPTIMISATION....youll have what we have now with COD....
I have no doubts devs or moders will optimise the sim....but when....I can wait, no probs, but nobody told us we will have such probs with performance.....this is beyond believable...even the poorly optimised ROF had less issues...so either they didnt want to tell us or they never tested this sim properly...its hardly believable beta testers didnt report performance issues....
look at the medina`s topic and that is only a small part of the story....

Have you tried the mod?

If you haven't, seriously go and try it. Just about everyone (including me) is enjoying a much smoother experience.

I know you're frustrated, but maybe you should pack the game away until it's fully optimized.
If you sell your copy, you may very well end up regretting it.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Have you tried the mod?

If you haven't, seriously go and try it. Just about everyone (including me) is enjoying a much smoother experience.

I tried its runs much better....but thats a mod...nothing official...it wasnt his job but their..

I know you're frustrated, but maybe you should pack the game away until it's fully optimized.
If you sell your copy, you may very well end up regretting it.

You are probably right....but waiting for fixes is not a reason fo my...lets call it frustration...I wonder why they were silent about issues...BEFORE release....thats WHAT bothers me...Im almost sure they knew sim has serious performance issues...but still they released....thats not right

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
maybe-baby

btw say this to new customers....unimaginable...and whats about (lost?) good reputaition of maddox?....who cares for me.....but others...masses? New customers. etc...ROF had less probs regarding performance but still, they needed more than a year to optimise...We will se how many patience you all will have.....

It is so touching that in the middle of your relentless negative whining that you still care about the good reputation of Maddox. Sorry I doubted your sincerity.

bongodriver
04-10-2011, 10:55 PM
You are probably right....but waiting for fixes is not a reason fo my...lets call it frustration...I wonder why they were silent about issues...BEFORE release....thats WHAT bothers me...Im almost sure they knew sim has serious perfromance issues...but still they released....thats not right

maybe but there are much more serious issues in this world.....and this just isn't worth bloating a forum with.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 10:55 PM
It is so touching that in the middle of your relentless negative whining that you still care about the good reputation of Maddox. Sorry I doubted your sincerity.

Well, I care because I was looking for COD...no sales - no COD....since you pointed out....In past I made some researches and reported to Oleg...few of them made them to change their mind for some planes and that was included in the sim....so unlike you I wasnt just die-hard fan attacking anyone who uses brain...actually I did contribute....
maybe but there are much more serious issues in this world.....and this just isn't worth bloating a forum with.

this is a forum about COD.....who said I will shoot myself because of this...I shelved few games...COD is in...nothing dramatical

Why you (some of you) guys are so offended??...like you did COD...ROFL

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 11:02 PM
so unlike you I wasnt just die-hard fan attacking anyone who uses brain...actually I did contribute....

Which makes your current relentless negativity a little hard to understand.

Relax. Stop whining. They will fix the game.

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 11:06 PM

I'm not offended. I come here to get info that will help me when I get the game. The constant whining does not help me.

BTW, I'm a programmer for a company that produces software for hospitals. If I make a mistake it can kill someone. I see less whining about problems that can affect patient safety than I have seen about this GAME. It's really pretty amazing.

bongodriver
04-10-2011, 11:08 PM
this is a forum about COD.....who said I will shoot myself because of this...I shelved few games...COD is in...nothing dramatical

I am not offended, just bored of the whining, it serves no purpose at all, every case the negativity mongers come up with has an alternate explanation, it is you who seems to get the most offended when somebody disagrees.

Tvrdi
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
negativity??? just pointed out some facts....board is full of simmilar reports...ok enough on this...Im tired too now lol

bongodriver
04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
negativity??? just pointed out some facts....board is full of simmilar reports...ok enough on this...Im tired too now lol

you pointed out some facts that affect you not everyone, and there just as many if not more positive reports, have a good night.

David Hayward
04-10-2011, 11:13 PM

You pointed out "facts" that everyone has been aware of since the game was released. Please. Fing. STOP.

nearmiss
04-11-2011, 12:16 AM
It has been mentioned hundreds of times all over this forums.

Make constructive discussion about your issues and put them in a thread where others are doing the same.

The developers are working 24/7 to solve the issues with COD.

When you rant and complain in threads like this the developers... well they just aren't following the forums.

We have places pre-defined in the forums to communicate your problems and issues to the developers.

This thread is closed.