PDA

View Full Version : Reading your compass in a Spit

whoarmongar
04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
In the few games I have managed to get online most people seem to prefer to disable the no cockpit view. This is fine by me but I do have a problem. I cant see my compass the flight stick is in the way in cockpit view.
Is there something im missing ?
Can I enable a compass or heading somewhere. Im fed up with getting lost especialy on the cross channel map. I dont consider this a cheat, its not my problem the designers of the Spitfire cockpit didnt consider the needs of a sim player seventy years later. But I would like to see where im heading

senseispcc
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
In the few games I have managed to get online most people seem to prefer to disable the no cockpit view. This is fine by me but I do have a problem. I cant see my compass the flight stick is in the way in cockpit view.
Is there something im missing ?
Can I enable a compass or heading somewhere. Im fed up with getting lost especialy on the cross channel map. I dont consider this a cheat, its not my problem the designers of the Spitfire cockpit didnt consider the needs of a sim player seventy years later. But I would like to see where im heading

Hello,

You have in the controls/view menu a possibility to atribute a key to "glance at the dashboard" it help a lot. I put a joystick key for it, the key does "glance" and if released go back to the default view.:)

whoarmongar
04-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks, just never thought of that. hopefully no more aimless wanderings for me !
Now if only I could find a server....................

whoarmongar
04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Ya Hey it works :) . Now i can fly on instruments. I can actually read the dials. That unidentifiable thing I was myopically peering at down between my legs wasnt a compass afterall. It was something called a coursesetter. Bah, rip it out I will never need that !
I now know my heading, Im no longer lost, I am a man invigorated. My loins are girded and im ready for the next challenge. Gota go Im sure I saw a Gremlin gnawing at my internet cable, I seem to be infested with them recently, dunno where they came from. Pesky little critters.

Georgio41
04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
If you look at the top of the control column, the compass is hiding directly behind; I have TrackIR with 6DOF so just duck down to read through the 'donut' of the control column.