PDA

View Full Version : Constructive explanation of issues

nearmiss
04-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Please continue to share issues and items that need fixes in COD. The developers are working hard to resolve issues, and your inputs are helpful.

Please...don't rant, whine and complain. Explain the problem or issue and share what you can about the occurrence. Share some details and most important... share your system specs.

There plenty of forums and threads to use...

This page has Subforums that may relate directly:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

You may also use this thread.

Russkly
04-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Thx for providing the forum for this (excuse the pun!).

Most immediate issue:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21006

R

123-Wulf-123
04-10-2011, 05:03 PM
I still can't assign axes in game, the keyboard works but no response if I try to assign buttons/axes. :(

All CH controllers, Fighterstick, Pro-Throttle, Pro-Rudders.

I know I am not alone but no-one seems to be addressing this issue at all.

Running Win 7 64 bit.

TonyD
04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Luthier did state that the game was using a 'pseudo' full-screen mode, which may have something to do with this issue; when I reduce the resolution from 1080p to 1600 x 900, the display stretches over the screen horizontally, but not vertically, as if I was trying a 16 x 7 format. Similarly with 1360 x 768.

I thought that lowering the resolution may improve performance somewhat, but am stuck at the default resolution with this issue. Any ideas?

cre8tive Delay
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Since the patch, when I go 1 vs 1 against any other plane on quick game and shoot the opponent down, game starts to stutter heavily (as soon as the enemy crashes into the sea) which doesn't stop until I quit the mission and create a new one.
Reproduceable on quick mission (channel, even).

The first mission of Adler Angriff is bugged. The plane you have to protect starts at the waypoint near the ships and gets shot down even before you can get anywhere close to that location (reproduceable).

Also there is a sound issue which is quite nerving. Anytime on the runway or the grassfield I can hear the sound of the rolling gear. That would be ok if the plane actually moves. But I also get that sound, when standing still.
Also, the plane often moves slightly to the left or right with engine off and while on the ground. This even happens when both brakes are engaged to 100%. (reproduceable)

tillobert
04-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I can´t use my radio. It simply doesn´t work.
Also the mission-scripting in the campaign seem to bee a little bit .... crazy.I tried to play the first 3 missions and yeah the bombers aren´t dropping their bombs and so on...
But nevertheless I have great fun with the FMB;)

angrueo
04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
With some performance issues fixed, the most important now is to solve the A.I.
and radio communications problem, so we can enjoy the game.

Thank you!

SDT_longshot
04-10-2011, 06:18 PM
flying over london against bombers the game is still very laggy and gittery

i had all options set to low or very low with grass and shadows turned off except model detail set to high land detail set to medium and visual effects set to high along with damage detail set to high

resolution was 1680*1050 60ghz

also note the he111s had a bug where the skin of the aeroplane changed color grey n black with flashes of white and silver while flying past them

also the land by the rivers was very square and seem to merge with the water where you would see some land in the rivers

EDIT" there is also a bug where you fire the machine guns in the spit hurri and 109 and after you release the trigger you carry on fireing the guns until you re press the trigger and let it go i dont no if this is due to lag, a bug or a problem with the joystick setting conflicting with the game
my joystick is a logitech g490

my system is

xp 64bit

i7 quadcore 3.40 ghz

6 gb ram

radion hd 4890 graphics card with 1 gb of ram

reflected
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM
OK, besides the buildings causing stutters and smoke and dust causing massive fps drop which are the biggest issues here are some others:

- unable to select/save loadouts and skins

- the irvin jacket goes through the side of the Spitfire

- Please do something about the engine sounds

- Radio chatter: it's unintelligible, and my wingmen don't care about my orders either

- Mixture in Hurricane is reversed

- Spitfire MKIa should have a CS prop, let's leave the 2 pitch one to the MKI
now it's basically the same plane

-AI - please, not these barrel rolls again! :(

-Clouds: they cause stuters and FPS drop when they come into view for the first time. They don't look any better than il2 coulds so I dpn't understand...

-can we have overcast weather or heavy couds please?

-wind: it's so strong that it turns my Spitfire into the wind on the ground.

Furio
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Game had fair to bad perfomances before patch. After patch it worsened, and now freezes during mission loading.

My computer is a Mac Pro 5.1
OS Windows XP, 32 bit.
Quad-core Intel Xeon, 2.8 GHz
Cache L2 256 MB x 4
Cache L3 8MB
Ram 6 GB
ATI Radeon HD 5770
VRAM 1024 MB
Monitor Apple Cinema Display 27 Inches, 2560 x 1440

Note: as any Intel Mac, it can be switched between Mac Os and Windows Os (both installed). It perfom flawlessly with Il2 Sturmovik.

EDIT: updated ATI Radeon driver. Looks like this solved main trouble, as now the game run regularly, smooth over water, with lower frame frate and occasional stutter on land.

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I cannot load or record tracks. This issue has persisted from first install, beta patch and steam released patch.

After starting a mission I press escape to get to the menu and click the text to start recording. The game freezes after that and I have to end the launcher.exe process with the tast manager.

I downloaded some .trk files and placed them in the records directory in my documents folder. When I go to tracks and click select nothing happens, apparently for other people they are able to browse for a track to play. I just have nothing but the text on the screen and the background image. The game does not freeze at this point.

My system:
Windows 7 Pro - 64bit
i7-2600k
16 Gb ram
gtx580 1.5Gb
game installed on SSD.

Systems is a fairly freshly installed, about 2 months ago.

Redmarkus4
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Prior to the patch I had managed to get the game running reasonably well with Forests = off, Grass = off, Shadows = off and Buildings = Lowest.

After the patch it's stuttering badly again, even with the above settings and after doing the right click on the launcher.exe to change that setting mentioned in the patch thread.

Dell XPS 700
4GB Ram
800 GB HD
Two Nvidia 9800 graphics cards
Dual Core
Windows 7

Not allowed to rant or complain, so that's all...

CharveL
04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
1. Implement Force Feedback.

2. Problems recognizing all available axes on multiple controllers (intermittent)

3. Could use SSAO checkbox option in Video Options, at least until you can get playable framerates.

4. Non-native video resolutions don't scale properly.

5. Separate Shadows options for cockpit, forest/buildings, terrain would be nice (Gotta have the cockpit shadows but can live without the rest for now) if possible.

6. Launcher.exe crashes everytime whenever restarting application after video option change

7. Oh and FORCE FEEDBACK (just in case you forgot).

8. Somebody please get in touch with Vincent or somebody over at NaturalPoint to add in a TrackIR profile for CoD.

There's a ton more but besides the obvious major performance issues like hitching, the rest can wait.

Ataros
04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I cannot load or record tracks. This issue has persisted from first install, beta patch and steam released patch.

After starting a mission I press escape to get to the menu and click the text to start recording. The game freezes after that and I have to end the launcher.exe process with the tast manager.

I downloaded some .trk files and placed them in the records directory in my documents folder. When I go to tracks and click select nothing happens, apparently for other people they are able to browse for a track to play. I just have nothing but the text on the screen and the background image. The game does not freeze at this point.

My system:
Windows 7 Pro - 64bit
i7-2600k
16 Gb ram
gtx580 1.5Gb
game installed on SSD.

Systems is a fairly freshly installed, about 2 months ago.

Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Disable Visual Decoration.

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Disable Visual Decoration.

Nice find! Works great now, although the setting was called "Disable Visual Themes" for me.

Going to post this advice in some other threads with people having a similar problem.

Thanks! :grin:

IbanezLaney
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Toggling Snap/Pan mode doesn't seem to work as expected for me.

The view never snaps back to look forward and it just seems to disable the hat switch.

Wolf_Rider
04-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Multi-Core support

Particle effects, need to be on PhysX along with explosions and bits falling off planes

Pre-load/ Caching needs to be sorted so a fresh quick/ single mission is run each time

Ambient Occlusion needs to be sorted, as well as Anti-Aliasing

Trees need to be sorted (1946/ but especially FSX had the same problem with too many trees) as well as some sort of hit box for the forest/s.

Dano
04-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Forest set to 'very low' refuses to save and reverts to off.
AI Wingmen will crash into landscape while player attempts to land - IL2 used to have the same issue.

SQB
04-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Interesting one...

When a defiant hits the ground, not sure about sea, the cockpit and inside sound of my aircraft (seeing as I am watching it crash from inside the cockpit) disappear and the explosion of the crashed plane never comes.

I am flying: 3bf109 e3B vs 6 defiants

6870 1gb, q8400, 4GB DDR2 ram (800), win7 x64.

xnomad
04-11-2011, 02:24 AM
1. Have the elevator trim set to default of '0' in the bf109-E3 instead of +5

2. Radiator settings display rods on bf109 wings are reversed http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20797

3. Make the negative G cut out an extra option in the realism panel as it shouldn't be part of CEM.

4. Lockable tail wheel for the aircraft that are supposed to have it.

Kankkis
04-11-2011, 05:09 AM
5. Separate Shadows options for cockpit, forest/buildings, terrain would be nice (Gotta have the cockpit shadows but can live without the rest for now) if possible.

agreed 100%, seperate shadows to cockpit, because my treeshadows is flickering at low level, i don't like it but i love cockpit shadows.

Wolf_Rider
04-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Config files don't save until exiting the game

senseispcc
04-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello, this are little remarqs;
The Stipfire MK I compas indicate the wrong direction betwen east and west, 270 should be 90.It is inverted north south also.
The weels noice do not stop when you leave the ground even if you apply brakes.
Sometimes (most of the time) you can see left shoulder and sleeve from the pilot trough the fuselage.
I my game the MK I has only the empty load in the single player missions.
The fuel gugedo not work, stays at 36gallons of fuel for the one hour 21 minutes flow at one go.
The artificial horizon indicator stay stuck a little to long after some acrobatics, and there is no cage uncage possibility.

A game little problem is that every ttime I load the game I must reload the keys configuration file, so I can get my control back to where I want them.
In the statistics menu the hour flown are strange! I do not take notes but there are more hours flown than hours played with this game.
There is no functionning radio or there are no answers to my messages.

For the Hurricane there is a mirror on the ouside view and none in the inside view.

Thanks for this fantastic simulation. I hope you seel a lot so that in ten years wha have still the possibility to play IL2 COD. :-D

1337Avi80R
04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
In dogfight the AI sometimes makes negative G maneuvers with Hurricane and Spitfire which however doesn't cause the engine to starve out they carry on fighting as if nothing happend. Besides that the AI also uses these annoying combat maneuvers that we already know from IL-2 '46. Like those constant jerky barrle rolls and using hard rudder in almost all situations.

When a plane hits the water the splash is missing. This occured after the patch as far as I know the water was splashing before the patch.

Wanted to change the sound volume of the speech in game while I was recieving a transmission. I ended up having the radio static sound playing constantly in the backround. I had to restart the game to fix this.

The radio is still not working.

I know this is not as important right now but please also do something about the sound. The spitfire engine pipes down on high RPM. The menu music is a touch better than the old track but where did those awesome tracks from the trailer and preview videos go? The taxiing sound continues even in flight and after parking the aircraft.
And I don't have to remind you of the infamous flying 1000hp lawnmowers.

Russkly
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Thx for providing the forum for this (excuse the pun!).

Most immediate issue:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21006

R

OK, it is definitely a GPU temperature issue.

Using MSI Afterburner (and RivaTuner to view the Afterburner log file), the GPU Usage hits 100% and stays there as does the GPU fan (with the fan mapped via Afterburner to cut in at 40c and straight-line increase to 100% at 60c.

Actual GPU temp. reaches 75c.

Everything on the GPU is at 100%!!!!!

A screenshot of the log file output is attached.

This is during the Hurricane vs He-111 channel intercept quick mission.

Multiple crashes/reboots - cannot play mission through.

If I do a simple x-country flight in a Hurri or even the Spit vs. Ju-88 custom mission, I can play without crashing.

Settings:

1920x1200 (desktop resolution)
MD = H
BD = L
LD = L
F = L
VE = H
DD = H
BA = L
LS = M
G = Off
S = On
R = On

I'm going to try reducing resolution and then settings to see if that helps.

Thereafter I might try the now-famous kegetys mods, although I'd prefer to wait for the developers to do this sort of thing officially!!!!

This puppy really does push the GPU to the max.

R

PeterPanPan
04-11-2011, 11:44 AM
It seems that parts from other damaged aircraft do not have 'crash boxes'.

I blew a wing off an He111 which fluttered towards me like a huge out of control leaf. I braced myself for impact, but it went clean through me with no effect whatsoever.

Pretty important one, me thinks.

Keep up the good work Devs.

PPanPan

squidgyb
04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Definitely not the most important of fixes, but, at some point...

Can we have waves crashing against the shoreline please?

I won't repeat the ones in previous posts, but there do seem to be some issues with forces acting on the plane - such as engine torque forces still acting on a plane when the engine has dropped out.

Loving the game though, regardless of issues :D

Untamo
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
S!

The only issue that I currently have with the sim is that the campaign doesn't save itself. If I finish a mission, and then visit the main menu for example, and then go back to the campaign selection screen, I can only start a new campaign... There is no "continue" or the like.

I have tested to have the Steam cloud thingie on and off, neither works.

Great sim otherwise! Fix this and I can start enjoying the campaign(s) :)

-Untamo

Winger
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
... to be adressed. The BF 109 seems to be seriously underpowered compared to historical data and i think this can be considered as a bug and should be adressed as soon as possible in a game in wich multiplayer is one of the biggest parts of all.
There is a thread in the FM/DM section of the forums in wich tests have been made. Please look into that:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20838

Thanks!

Winger

Kankkis
04-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I cannot turn spit on the ground. No seperate brakes, doesent turn with rudder and throttle?

CharveL
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I cannot turn spit on the ground. No seperate brakes, doesent turn with rudder and throttle?

I have the same problem with differential braking but thought it might be something I was doing wrong despite having the proper axes mapped in controls.

CBA_Bludawg
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
being able to turn on ground like in IL2 1946, so easy at works lets have that back

after i fire and stop i still have firing sound for a second or two.

aftyer landing engine sounds like its still running (hurricane)

Redmarkus4
04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Toggling Snap/Pan mode doesn't seem to work as expected for me.

The view never snaps back to look forward and it just seems to disable the hat switch.

I find that the Hat switch on works if the Pan mode is on. When Snap mode is selected, only the arrow keys function - the Hat switch has no effect.

III/JG11_Simmox
04-11-2011, 02:47 PM
lack of hit sounds in MultiPlayer,maybe erratic lack of sounds?
but i certainly cant hear hits on my own aircraft from either gunfire,flak or other aircraft impacts
also
stationary aircraft sound like they are actually moving when in the off position,annoying
Salute

Stefem
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
G.50's cockpit work after the patch, but engine temp gauge still dead, it react at G forces but it doesn't show engine temperature, it show 0° C.
While the aircraft is still parked I ear something like planes rolling noise

skouras
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello guys i don't know if is already mention but after patch the water splash effect when an aircraft falls is gone ....:(
only some cycles exist
great job by the way and better performance

i7 920
GTX580
7 giga ram
w7 64bit pro
hotas cougar

EVERYTHING ON HIGH
ANTIALLISING 8X -it seems that it doesn't work

Riksen
04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Someone has probably already adreessed the issues im going to mention but here it goes again:

- Introduce support for Force feedback;
- Level Stabilizer in the bombers doesn't work.:!:

Lensman_1
04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I could be wrong but is St Paul's cathedral missing in London?
It's THE most iconic British building of WWII so if it is missing then that's unfortunate.

Force Feedback is essential! This is a major issue.

Using my Creative Titanium Fatality audio I can only use surround if I choose stereo as the sound option. The options are all out of whack on my system and appear to be mislabelled.

The rear view mirrors often just show a random pixellated mess, usually when they should be showing ground detail.

Force feedback please.

---

Win 7 64
i7 975 @ 4.2Ghz
12 Gb ram
Raid 0 OCZ Vertex SSD
GTX 580 SLI (disabled)
Creative Titanium Fatality.
Asus Rampage II Ex
CH Products rudder pedals
CH Products Pro Throttle
MS Sidewinder II FF

GOZR
04-12-2011, 12:44 AM
How is it possible to send an email to the person in charge ? there is something... all mail are full.

Buzpilot
04-12-2011, 01:25 AM
If I pull a bit early on takeoff, and touch ground after taxi sound turn off, the taxi sound turn on again, and stays on in air.
I played online on a server with no engine controls, only throttle, and the oil temperature go fast up to 90-100, and in Spitfire Mk1 it automaticly turn prop RPM to low, just after takeoff.
Could not get oil cooled ,so it stayed low rpm.

unreasonable
04-12-2011, 04:52 AM
I could be wrong but is St Paul's cathedral missing in London?
It's THE most iconic British building of WWII so if it is missing then that's unfortunate.

It is there - disguised as an office building. The big white thing. Yes they really did that IRL!

Rocka
04-12-2011, 08:16 AM

Yeah sort of same issue here, but with the Hurricane too.

It seems to me that something is wrong with the axes, or maby too strong winds on the ground level.

Sometimes I can only go to the left and sometimes only to the right.

After taxiing on the ground for just a little bit, then all of a sudden I can´t turn anymore in the same direction I was going (left for example), but when I check with the outside view, the rudder is full left(or right, depending on where I was going).

All this is done with just enough throttle to move the plane forward, so i should be able to turn the plane with the rudder I belive.

Maby I'm doing something wrong, but it is highly frustrating not to be able to taxi the plane to line it up for takeoff.

Never had this problem in il2-1946 for example, where I could taxi the plane on the ground all day long ;).

And by the way, it always works for me in the free flight training mission, but not in the others or in "home made" missions or online, very strange.

Furio
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Please read my post number 10 and today's edit. May be helpful.

klem
04-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah sort of same issue here, but with the Hurricane too.

It seems to me that something is wrong with the axes, or maby too strong winds on the ground level.

Sometimes I can only go to the left and sometimes only to the right.

After taxiing on the ground for just a little bit, then all of a sudden I can´t turn anymore in the same direction I was going (left for example), but when I check with the outside view, the rudder is full left(or right, depending on where I was going).

All this is done with just enough throttle to move the plane forward, so i should be able to turn the plane with the rudder I belive.

Maby I'm doing something wrong, but it is highly frustrating not to be able to taxi the plane to line it up for takeoff.

Never had this problem in il2-1946 for example, where I could taxi the plane on the ground all day long ;).

And by the way, it always works for me in the free flight training mission, but not in the others or in "home made" missions or online, very strange.

Do you know that the Spitfire and Hurricane do not use toe brakes? Map a spare axis to 'Wheel Brakes' or a key/button to 'Full Wheel Brakes' and use either of those with rudder movement to steer on the ground. Take Care! The 'Full Wheel Brakes' is just that, tap the key or button intermittently or you will nose over.

klem
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Please continue to share issues and items that need fixes in COD. The developers are working hard to resolve issues, and your inputs are helpful.

Please...don't rant, whine and complain. Explain the problem or issue and share what you can about the occurrence. Share some details and most important... share your system specs.

hi nearmiss,

some of these will be faults that need fixing but some will turn out to be advice on settings etc.

Is someone collecting all the 'advice and settings' replies for the Manual or FAQ?

Rocka
04-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Do you know that the Spitfire and Hurricane do not use toe brakes? Map a spare axis to 'Wheel Brakes' or a key/button to 'Full Wheel Brakes' and use either of those with rudder movement to steer on the ground. Take Care! The 'Full Wheel Brakes' is just that, tap the key or button intermittently or you will nose over.

Yeah noticed so, but have had trouble setting up my pedals to do that, i.e. left pedal for left break and right pedal for right break. I can only manage to make one of the pedals work with full wheel brakes for both wheels and that didn't do the trick to help me turn the plane.

klem
04-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah noticed so, but have had trouble setting up my pedals to do that, i.e. left pedal for left break and right pedal for right break. I can only manage to make one of the pedals work with full wheel brakes for both wheels and that didn't do the trick to help me turn the plane.

True, you either have your pedals as Left and Right or you sacrifice one to just Wheel Brakes but that doesn't really make sense if you evrer want to fly a toe-brake a/c like the 109.

I just use a button with the rudders.

Rocka
04-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Do you play with CEM off like I do becuase I think its something to do with that - somehow there is a hidden autopilot trying to point the plane down the runway, or at least thats how it feels to me!

Nope, I have everything ON, except that option (can't remember the name right now) where you can't do more than 2 things at a time, wich seems not to work correctly at the moment.

Feathered_IV
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
* Unable to use Mouse Wheel for throttle.

* Collisions can sometimes do no damage to player aircraft in full switch mode.

* Taxiing noise continues after aircraft has stopped and engine has switched off.

_79_dev
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
~S~

*multiplayer nedds to be sorted, whenever i connect to the server it works fine but as soon as my launcher.exe got crashed sometimes during loading briefing i am loosing internet connetion for few minutes

Echo76
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Please add invert mouse axis option and mouse needs larger response when using turrets for example, they are a pain to aim.

Elixx
04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Will we be added to the payroll for fixing this game? This is not open beta. Let them track down the bad code themselves tbh.

What do you thing would happend if 1C desided they would need a bigger office. They order a house, get an offert of the cost of the construction. The building is running late and is compleated 6 months to late. What do you belive will happend?

1. 1C offers to help constructing the building

2. 1C will sue the construction company?

what ever happends when maddox order the the pizza and gets the pasta? Ofc a sane person would ask for the pizza they ordered..

The list could be endless

bongodriver
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Will we be added to the payroll for fixing this game? This is not open beta. Let them track down the bad code themselves tbh.

What do you thing would happend if 1C desided they would need a bigger office. They order a house, get an offert of the cost of the construction. The building is running late and is compleated 6 months to late. What do you belive will happend?

1. 1C offers to help constructing the building

2. 1C will sue the construction company?

giving feedback is fixing?

Elixx
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes it verry mutch is? is that a real question?

unreasonable
04-12-2011, 01:51 PM
FMB - two identical AA guns added to an airfield in a simple 1 a/c take-off start to fire at one another when the mission starts.:confused:

On the bright side, at least they can hit!

bongodriver
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes it verry mutch is? is that a real question?

it was indeed....even had a question mark at the end.....like this one ?

BlackbusheFlyer
04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I have the same problem with differential braking but thought it might be something I was doing wrong despite having the proper axes mapped in controls.

The spit braking on ground means you need to map a key or joystick button to Brakes On Full (I think default is 'B') to steer you then press and hold that button then use the rudder to differential brake left or right. It is a bit awkward but actually models the real aircraft well in that respect.

BlackbusheFlyer
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
The biggest issue for me at the moment is with the Spitfire IIa. With realism to full (accept two handed operation) the disparity between control positions and the aircraft response is almost a show stopper. I just had a test flight around for 40 minutes to nail down how to reproduce but turned out it happens in most flight conditions.

I believe this is all related to the same cause. The aircraft instruments and performance loses synch with control inputs from the user. This is not due to low FPS, I was just flying around at between 50-74 FPS.

The faults can be measured as followed:

Aircraft is in sustained straight and level flight, Artificial Horizon shows bank angle in either direction of 30 degrees+, Turn coordinator shows no turn.

Throttle when at around 60% for a sustained period then starts to stop responding to throttle control changes. The icon overlay can show the change but with no response from the aircraft from either gradual or sudden increase/decrease. You have to push it all the way forward or all the way back to seemingly update the aircraft.

Rudder trim is similar to throttle.. small inputs have no effect. Have to introduce massive input to get it to register with the aircraft causing over-correction.

Intermittent failure to register commands for things like Magnetos or Fuel cock. One moment the key-press works next it doesn't.

This is a bit of a show stopper really and CEM is largely unusable for sustained periods of time as a result of the failure of the aircraft to recognize changes to control inputs or key presses.

etzi
04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
On the screens you can see the 3. quick mission with maximum video settings!

Resolution: 1920x1080
AntiA: 2x
Settings: everything @ maximum

I got the same stutters and lags as with medium video settings.

Something there is very roughly broken in the game.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/il2coddku6.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=il2coddku6.jpg)

http://www.abload.de/thumb/il2cod2vu04.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=il2cod2vu04.jpg)

doghous3
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Issues I've encountered with FMB or objects with FMB, and MP - FMB used for creating MP mission.

1. German industrial building's "hook" error, can't use.
2. Flak attacks seagull's... LOL.
3. Some objects (i'll create a list) are not useable and renders' the FMB unusable (CTRL-z to undo sovles it for now).
4. Spawning planes inside hangers with door's that don't open.......
5. Some spawning planes spin slowly, brake has no effect. Not sure what the issue is, but it also prevents using the rudder to taxi about. EDIT: it's the wind parameters doing this. Although the ground is skiddish at gradients.
6. Briefing other than the mission description is not viewable at any time.
7. Airfield object - creating runway fine.. the airdrome points are another matter. I assume these allow to create spawn points, and taxi waypoints, but you can't spline? so that 0-1-2-3 is sequential so it doesn't work... how to?
8. Road tool.. bugged. Create a point in Engalnd, a second, and they converge over France :s

Redmarkus4
04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I opted to fly the Heartbreaker, not knowing what to expect. I ended up with a girl in my lap, but the top half of the screen is black in the interior cockpit view. The external view is fine.

May I ask why development time was spent creating this option before the SIM was properly completed?

doghous3
04-12-2011, 10:14 PM
The black is the hood or head-gear worn by a pilot. I have trackIR, so I looked about and it's clear that the pilot is rendered and you are looking out from his eye's, but his head does not more with your view-moves.

In a way, it's not completed either. So there. :p

Redmarkus4
04-13-2011, 06:34 AM
The black is the hood or head-gear worn by a pilot. I have trackIR, so I looked about and it's clear that the pilot is rendered and you are looking out from his eye's, but his head does not more with your view-moves.

In a way, it's not completed either. So there. :p

LOL. Next time I get a black screen I will first assume that the pilot's helmet has fallen over his eyes ;)

OC-Rudder
04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
apart from the obvious

Force feedback, airplane sounds,the ability to jam flaps if going to fast and the gear being ripped off if too fast and down also :D

cheers

senseispcc
04-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Ok I tried many things,
Low or high buildings details no effect.
Antialiasing high x8 or off no effect.
If you play in 1600*1080 on my system the fps start show is scramble and unreadable.
With my system 1920x1200 or less make no change to micro stutter.

Is this due to my system or other people do have the same results?

It is a great game/simulation event with the little problems.:grin:

Ploughman
04-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Graphical and FM bug on the Br.20. Level flight with shot off wing and with prop and pistons of missing engine visible.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/mctomney/Br2001.jpg

dflion
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I have just upgraded my system from Windowa XP to Window 7 and increased my RAM from 3Gb to 8GB - so have been 'off the air' for a few days?

Today, I finally got back into the COD after a (1 day download from Steam? and 5 days getting the Windows set-up working?) - its a bit slower down in OZ??) and finally started flying the Hurricane. On the new system, I still had to 'dumb down' everything (graphics)? to get the whole thing working at a a reasonable FPS?

I am having problems getting 'ATI Catylist' to work in 'Windows 7' ( I would like any thoughts on this?) so I don't think my video graphics are working at their best?

I have attached a 'jpeg' showing some of my graphic problems , now that I have upgraded? My graphics were better on my old XP system? Ilya you have to quickly go to '4 Cores' to get everything working properly in this flight sim - sadly members will have to upgrade!

System specs.
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS4
Processor: Intel (R) Core (Tm) 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00ghz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Pagefile: 1893MB used, 14485MB available
Direct X version: Direct X 11
Display: Benq 1920x1200 (32bit) (59hz)
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2
Driver version: 8.831.2.0
Memory: 1768MB

See attached jpeg?

DFLion

Stefem
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I have just upgraded my system from Windowa XP to Window 7 and increased my RAM from 3Gb to 8GB - so have been 'off the air' for a few days?

Today, I finally got back into the COD after a (1 day download from Steam? and 5 days getting the Windows set-up working?) - its a bit slower down in OZ??) and finally started flying the Hurricane. On the new system, I still had to 'dumb down' everything (graphics)? to get the whole thing working at a a reasonable FPS?

I am having problems getting 'ATI Catylist' to work in 'Windows 7' ( I would like any thoughts on this?) so I don't think my video graphics are working at their best?

I have attached a 'jpeg' showing some of my graphic problems , now that I have upgraded? My graphics were better on my old XP system? Ilya you have to quickly go to '4 Cores' to get everything working properly in this flight sim - sadly members will have to upgrade!

System specs.
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS4
Processor: Intel (R) Core (Tm) 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00ghz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Pagefile: 1893MB used, 14485MB available
Direct X version: Direct X 11
Display: Benq 1920x1200 (32bit) (59hz)
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2
Driver version: 8.831.2.0
Memory: 1768MB

See attached jpeg?

DFLion

Disable crossfire, it help a lot, and maybe plan to upgrade your graphics hardware.

This thread is not meant for technical assistance, is titled "Constructive explanation of issues", so describe the issue in a way that it can be reproduced by the Oleg's team, and please don't pollute this thread!

dflion
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Stefem, thanks for your answer. I am not sure if crossfire has been disabled because I can't access the ATI Catylist control centre in Windows 7. Hopefully, one day I will be able to upgrade my graphics card when I can afford it?

DFLion

PS I have now found the right thread to put this in!

klem
04-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I used Searchlight Object "Height Light" in a test night time mission, two at the end of each runway.

The lights can be seen through the cockpit panel which is helpful but not right :)

etzi
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
as you can see on the picture.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/dispay_fault6kux.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dispay_fault6kux.jpg)

JZG_Con
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
@ dflion...you have agood system there no need to upgrade anymore ..the 4870x2 is a awsome card and is on par with the hd5870..all you need it the right drivers from ATI website ,,download 10.4 ..drivers uninstall old ones and replace with these , they are out dated but work well with the 4870x2 ..try that
As to your photo, i have the same on mine its the game its not finished also..sounds like ati ccc isnt loaded ..hence why you cant get into ccc...i have win7 works ok ..

Tvrdi
04-13-2011, 11:09 PM
It seams that v-sync is not working properly....I had few minor (but noticable) screen tearing with vsync set to ON (triple buffering also ON)...with vsync OFF it was almost the same...maybe just a bit more noticable

Kankkis
04-14-2011, 04:52 AM
It seams that v-sync is not working properly....I had few minor (but noticable) screen tearing with vsync set to ON (triple buffering also ON)...with vsync OFF it was almost the same...maybe just a bit more noticable

Not working, i see it from FPS too.

Kankkis

Tvrdi
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Not working, i see it from FPS too.

Kankkis

maybe thats why my game is not smooth cause Im using trackir...at least one of the reasons

Buchon
04-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Tree spawning, strange and elusive bug this, it happens to me two times, I tried same mission and same conditions but cant reproduce the bug.

when I shoot a HE-111 a tree is spawned :

http://i54.tinypic.com/1z5nj83.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/1217cbb.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/30u3hjd.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/142p76.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/11jozlz.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/30vcfbn.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/15daqoh.jpg

The trees are static ... no movement ... no g affected ...

I was recording when that happens but they dont appears in the recorded track, may be have relation that the two times that it happens to me was in the first mission played when the game is loaded.

Spike
04-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Seriously, trees in the sky,too funny..

klem
04-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Seriously, trees in the sky,too funny..

A friend reports the same thing, bushes coming off damaged a/c and half his wing replaced by a bush when damaged. A mix-up in the damage models methinks.

rocker_lx
04-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah this happened to me too when I played the first time but never happened again. Strange.

Something I also noted is some white noise in the goggles of my copilot when I tried the He110, but I have not checked yet if this still happens.

The thing which disturbs me most in the game is the sound you hear when the plane is rolling on the ground and the noise doesn't go away even when it is standing still and the engine is off. I also once had the problem one time that this same sound was still there after takeoff and during the whole flight.

But otherwise great game, which runs rather well on my system. I stopped playing until my TrackIR arrives which I ordered, I hope it will boost the immersion factor even more.

Nice weekend everyone and have fun.:cool:

I7 2600K stock clocked
8Gig RAM
POV GTX 580

reflected
04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Why is there grass on concrete runways?

bongodriver
04-15-2011, 09:22 AM

I wondered the same, maybe they are meant to be PSP, I know Manston was covered in the stuff, you can still find patches of it at the airfield.

squidgyb
04-15-2011, 09:36 AM
There seem to be some problems with the FM/DM regarding thrust from the engine/prop still being generated when either the prop or engine are damaged - I've had a hurricane lose half a prop blade so that the prop was spinning slowly in the breeze, but the engine was still running, responded to throttle and even generated enough thrust to keep me in the air. There appeared to be no other damage to the plane, but the broken prop did appear to be affecting the FM as there was a lot of buffeting and it felt like there was a lot of drag coming from the broken prop.

Ataros
04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Dedi server crashes every 30-40 minutes no matter what hardware it runs on. See any topic in CoD Multiplayer section for details.

gutibulldog31
04-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi,
I followed the cliffs of dover faq posted here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819 and my game still still freezes at 95%.

I took off grass and forest and tried many different setting from low to medium, I also deleted my renders in documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders folder with no success.

I installed the latest nvidia drivers 270.51 and it doesn´t solve it.
My specs:
dual core E5800 @ 4.0 ghz
4Gb ddr2 @1066 Prime stable 24/24
Win xp xp3 (fresh install)
Gtx 285
Hd old good raptor 74 gb 10000rpm

Prior to any patch I was able to play (toggling off grass) but now it´s a no no.
I´m trying to be constructive but this is getting me mad...
Any suggestions/ideas?
Does anybody encounters this?
Thx for your help

scrope
04-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I wondered the same, maybe they are meant to be PSP, I know Manston was covered in the stuff, you can still find patches of it at the airfield.

Don't you chaps know ther'es a war on? could'nt get the weed killer don't you know.

squidgyb
04-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd like to suggest that the controller axes might need looking at - I can't really confirm whether the engine takes a higher polling rate and actually delivers that to the controls in flight, but from the look of the in game graphics, and on the "Output" demonstration of the axes in the control options page, it looks like the polling rate is very low.

I suspect this might be to help with performance on lower end machines, or that there's some kind of smoothing algorithm in play - in any case, you can demonstrate it by just moving your controller and looking at the output response or the cockpit controls in game. It shows quite drastically in the controls page when you abruptly change the direction of movement on a controller.

Can we have sliders for polling rate? Or maybe even the option of switching off the smoothing/capture algorithm entirely and mapping the directx axis directly to the game engine? I say this because a lot (if not all) of the high end HOTAS units available on the market have their own response curve configuration software - it would be beneficial if we at least had the option to switch it off or improve the polling rate.

Thanks guys.

e; nearly forgot - as an aside - what with the trees not having damage boxes - neither do a lot of structures; cranes on the Dover docks, the Radar arrays nearby.

Also, the 3D bomb crater models appear to be in front of buildings they should be behind, if you get my meaning. Like if you had a crater the other side of a house/building - out of your line of sight - the crater appears superimposed on the building.

But seriously - the last patch, the details in game, this is amazing work. Loving every minute - even trying to explain to friends why a game that initially appears so broken has so, so, so many amazing positives. It really is like chipping away at a lump of rock, slowly revealing the diamond stuck inside.

smink1701
04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
-Planes want to roll to left or right and aileron trim doesn’t seem to work.

-A great many of the controls seem to be missing like speed bar, toggle views, in-game fps toggle

-Way too much shake when firing guns in 109

-Need an option to create quick missions like in IL2

-Trim wheels in the brit planes don’t seem to be modeled to rotate the way they do in the 109

-Need an easy start/stop engine key like IL2

Devastat
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
After installing the latest Beta patch, lots of the buildings above the London looks like big squares, like "lego" blocks. It IS very obvious and as you approach them they will pop up like normal buildings. Sometimes even the building just below you will look like big squares.

My Graphics Card is Radeon 6970. Processor i7 920 3ghz and 12GB memory. I have attached a picture of this problem in this thread.

smink1701
04-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Would like to be able to vector to air base like IL2

sg1221
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
I'd like to suggest that the controller axes might need looking at - I can't really confirm whether the engine takes a higher polling rate and actually delivers that to the controls in flight, but from the look of the in game graphics, and on the "Output" demonstration of the axes in the control options page, it looks like the polling rate is very low.

I suspect this might be to help with performance on lower end machines, or that there's some kind of smoothing algorithm in play - in any case, you can demonstrate it by just moving your controller and looking at the output response or the cockpit controls in game. It shows quite drastically in the controls page when you abruptly change the direction of movement on a controller.

Can we have sliders for polling rate? Or maybe even the option of switching off the smoothing/capture algorithm entirely and mapping the directx axis directly to the game engine? I say this because a lot (if not all) of the high end HOTAS units available on the market have their own response curve configuration software - it would be beneficial if we at least had the option to switch it off or improve the polling rate.

Thanks guys.

e; nearly forgot - as an aside - what with the trees not having damage boxes - neither do a lot of structures; cranes on the Dover docks, the Radar arrays nearby.

Also, the 3D bomb crater models appear to be in front of buildings they should be behind, if you get my meaning. Like if you had a crater the other side of a house/building - out of your line of sight - the crater appears superimposed on the building.

But seriously - the last patch, the details in game, this is amazing work. Loving every minute - even trying to explain to friends why a game that initially appears so broken has so, so, so many amazing positives. It really is like chipping away at a lump of rock, slowly revealing the diamond stuck inside.

+1
The controller responses just don't look right in the response curve page.

sg

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello,

The Spitfire is very ecological it does not use any fuel? :cool:

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:15 AM

Not any more on Bigin Hill. :-P

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi,
I followed the cliffs of dover faq posted here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819 and my game still still freezes at 95%.

I took off grass and forest and tried many different setting from low to medium, I also deleted my renders in documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders folder with no success.

I installed the latest nvidia drivers 270.51 and it doesn´t solve it.
My specs:
dual core E5800 @ 4.0 ghz
4Gb ddr2 @1066 Prime stable 24/24
Win xp xp3 (fresh install)
Gtx 285
Hd old good raptor 74 gb 10000rpm

Prior to any patch I was able to play (toggling off grass) but now it´s a no no.
I´m trying to be constructive but this is getting me mad...
Any suggestions/ideas?
Does anybody encounters this?
Thx for your help

Since the new Beta Patch no more freze or micro freze only some strange behavior of houses the first second of the first flight. The house are flat like pankaces.

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Hello,

to see the quality and details of this simulation, did someone see the "T" they placed on the entering lane of the airfields. It inticate the way to land in the wind.:) Fantastic and thanks to all the team of Maddox and co.

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
as you can see on the picture.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/dispay_fault6kux.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dispay_fault6kux.jpg)

This are the graphics of the end of the world/map.:rolleyes:

klem
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
This are the graphics of the end of the world/map.:rolleyes:

Don't go there - you'll fall off
[sorry :) ]

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Don't go there - you'll fall off
[sorry :) ]

Better to fall of in a plane than to encouter a wall? :rolleyes:

senseispcc
04-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I do not know when it happend but I have the new version of the game...1.00.14072.
did not see it download in steam! :confused:

squidgyb
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello,

The Spitfire is very ecological it does not use any fuel? :cool:

This was touched on in a post at simhq.com I believe.

As I understand, the Spit has two fuel tanks, and only some real life variations had fuel gauges for both tanks. CoD's Spit has only one fuel gauge - for one tank. Up until the point that the main tank is completely drained, you will not see any change in fuel readings. You'll only see the gauge drop after the second tank has started depleting.

I haven't tested this out, I'm just going from what I read.

Ataros
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Airfields are not clickable in MP

Mate I found sometimes i had to wave mouse around to find the clickable area below and to the right of the airfield just look for when the window describing the ariefield comes up.

I choose the army... and I couldnt click any airfields any more.
Also, there was no red airfield on the map, they were all white and unclickable.

We tried all the usual stuff like disconnecting and reconnecting, reloading the mission, restarting the game, ever reboot the whole machine, but no luck.
I couldnt click any airfields.
We gave up after a while, and went on to play other games.
That was last night.

Earlier today, we tried again but with inverted roles: I was the server and a game buddy (another one) was the client.

Connection OK, map shows up, selected army... and again, I couldnt click on any airfield, but he could.

So it's not about sever/client stuff, it must be something on my end, but I have no idea what I did... I remember that I could click airfield, then another mission was loaded and I couldnt click any more.

I have just come on forum to find answer to this problem on servers map "english channel 1940 the map has changed now an east/west map area. ?? Now i cant click onto planes after choosing sides, just spent 15 mins combing map trying to find clickable slots to join game . On othermaps no problem can click planes and enter server

I changed mouse sensitivity in conf.ini and it happens to me.

You have to
1st: rightclick on map end DEselect "airfields". You will see only active airfields as a result.

2nd: move your mouse about 1cm to the right and a bit lower the desired airfield and move it around till you see a hint popping up with airfield description. Doubleclick this particular point of map.

Does anyone have the problem when trying to select a spawn base that you must have your mouse pointer not on the base itself, but away from the base ?

In order for me to select a spawn base and therefore be able to create a plane I must move my cursor around 3cm away from the base in the 5 oclock position before the base name shows up on the map.

RAF238thWildWillie

When starting a dog server it loads and shows map. I click to select side and nothing happens.

Have tried clicking on airfields, no luck either.

Ideas?

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Dear developers,

I have always been a big fan of flight simulators. Since I played the original from my childhood on, I became an avid and dedicated player of IL2 sturmovik. Unfortunately, in the recent patch, changes where made to the realism in order to make it more "accessible'.

Various threads have risen about that subject, strongly responding against such movements. I have also created a poll, which has:

100 guys in favor of realism
only 4 guys in favor of accessibility

I count on these numbers to keep growing in the near future, but I think It is fair to conclude which heading the major part of the community wants to take.

Therefore, I hope the recent changes to the cockpit regarding gauges can be made undone, or at the very least switchable as an option. This can be a welcome solution with which everyone will be happy.

The thread can be found here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21667

I hope adjustments can be made to satisfy everyone, without any concessions regarding realism.

Thank you

KeBrAnTo
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm actually downloading the second patch (April 18th) and I cannot see anything on the README file related to the AI communications over the radio.

I still cannot believe this hasn't been fixed yet and we have no news about when will be done. :shock:

It is really appreciated the efforts from the dev team in order to improve performance but IMHO radio communications with the AI is nearly as important issue as performance. :confused:

No comms - no mission as simple as that.

ubermachtig
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Holy crap,

I just decided to chase a few bombers over the channel, and literally saw a sunderland doing 3 corkscrews (or however they are called) within a single second! Heck, I can't even do that with a biplane... The AI must be cheating, or there is a bug in their flight model.

b101uk
04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
I was playing in the FMB the other day and wind direction has a BIG error that wind is +90deg out! :-P

i.e. one would assume that in the FMB that “0” wind angle would be North and -180 or 180 would be South and that 90 is east and -90 is west,

BUT if you set wind direction as “90” (90deg) wind comes from the south pushing you north (+90deg error), if you set wind at -90 (270deg) it come from the north pushing you south (+90deg error), if you set the wind to180 or -180 (180deg) it comes from the east pushing you west (-90deg error) & if you set it to 0 (0deg) it comes from the west pushing you east (-90deg error)

Ergo wind is either +90deg out for east/west or -90deg out for north/south even with the latest 1.00.14101 patch! (have just tested)

Remo
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Saw someone noted that the flight level indicator showed 30 deg. inclination while flying in level flight in a Spit, BF110 has same issues.

Sometimes you can start a flight with level indicator functioning 100% , then suddenly it shows an inclination during level flight (usually after a steep turn, but very often after a barrel role) .
Display of all compasses (Gyro + Magnetic ) stopped (fixed on North) , if you mouse over the gauge it still indicate correct value though. This issue persisted over multiple missions. I could only get working compasses by restarting game.
Slight delay in control input ( especially noticeable with fire button ), when you just tap the fire button on the joystick I notice a fraction of a second delay (quite noticeable though) in both visual and sound of the rounds.
Is there some trick to eject from the 110? , Mapped the key etc but pilot cannot 'bail out' from 110.
Graphic corruption (or more precisely terrain corruption ) along the coasts and rivers, the game will render stripes of terrain into the water and stripes of water into the land this varies as view angle ,LOD, altitude change. ( this might be part of the frame rate issues ), it occurs on all maps I tested so far and occurs on all coasts. The corruption occurs with Land detail on HIGH and medium.
Regarding CPU usage (just a report). With affinity mask set to 254 ( 8 core system , excluding core 0) ,the game seems to make use of all the cores now ( 15 April Beta Patch ) , though the load on the the CPU's avg aroung 20-30% with one core spiking average around 90-100% (not sure if this is Windows+Drivers though since this was core 0). Still have some stutter around large towns / cities ( with Texture quality at High and MEDIUM )
Texture quality set at high or medium makes a huge difference on low vram cards , Frame rate increased from avg of 7 to avg 27 ( low over land ).

Spec : (15 April Beta Patch)
Mac Pro 2009 ( 2x quad core xeon 2.6Ghz )
48Gb ram
ATI 4870 ( 512MB )
Dual boot to Win7 64
(Joystick = Ch Product Fighter Stick).

klem
04-18-2011, 10:24 PM
This was touched on in a post at simhq.com I believe.

As I understand, the Spit has two fuel tanks, and only some real life variations had fuel gauges for both tanks. CoD's Spit has only one fuel gauge - for one tank. Up until the point that the main tank is completely drained, you will not see any change in fuel readings. You'll only see the gauge drop after the second tank has started depleting.

That's correct, the top fuel tank feeds the lower one and it is the lower one that is measured by the fuel gauge. We have the gauge showing lower tank contents continually, in fact you had to press the button beside it to have the gauge register the lower tank contents. The button's there, 1C have obviously decided not to bother us with that.

Orpheus
04-19-2011, 02:10 AM
There have been threads about this, but the auto engine management in the first Spitfire (and afaik, all Spitfires) given to the player in the GB Campaign is horribly wrong. After takeoff it's impossible to get decent speeds out of it, maxed throttle & level flight gives varying top speeds, sometimes as low as 120, never over 200. I'm being outrun by bombers and it's essentially made the GB campaign unplayable past the point you're given the Spitfire.

Needs fixing asap! (and please don't say use set CEM to manual, some of us don't want to! ;) )

vingt-2
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi,
The latest patch works great, the fps gain is consequent, nevertheless, it came for me with a graphic issue that might result of some kind of "optimisation" in the draw distance.

Now, the normals (shadows) of the terrain won't pop anymore within a quiet shorter distance to the ground.

Plus, by changing the angle between the camera and the ground, the normal sometimes pop, then disappear:
http://pix.wefrag.com/i/6/0/c/e/e/30517eb3b4517c43d6bff74d92f143b2.jpg
Bottom left corner, the left part is nice, the normals are popping, right part baaad, no normal, just an ugly low rez texture

It doesn't look seems to be a big issue like that, but when you are flying at low altitude, and they simply don't pop, it kills the awesomeness of the landscape, just wanted to tell it, because this was unharmed before the patch, and the landscape looked much better.

So, I posted the issue, i'm quiet sure noone will ever read, or care about it, but, here are my settings:
http://pix.wefrag.com/i/7/a/9/c/4/3052245164674e3ded351ff19cbbdaa5.jpg
It could be VERY nice to get an option in order to be able to set the draw distance ourselves :).

BOBC
04-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Squidgyb...This was touched on in a post at simhq.com I believe.

ref and only some real life variations had fuel gauges for both tanks.
There were no variations as such, a misleading term, early on in WW2 ALL Spitfires had two gauges.

The sims spitfire should indeed have two fuel gauges, a 37 gal and a 48 gal. ALL...repeat ALL !!! Battle of Britain spitfire Mk1 and 1a had two, late on in the Battle the left hand gauge was taken out of operation with a data plate over the right hand gauge warning of such.
It is important that fuel management and correct content feedback is given and that two gauges are displayed. The team studied a postwar restoration/modified aircraft and not wartime footage of a Mk1 and wreckage. All recovered panels from BoB period spitfire digs show two fuel gauge holes. Surviving spitfires have undergone many changes and panel changes.
The crowbar also needs removing, it was not carried at all during the Battle of Britain !
BOBC

BOBC
04-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Stepping away from performance issues, the most famous of aircraft needs a fix:-
The Spitfire Mark choosing panel needs correcting, it is applying a Mark ll spinner (the bulbous rounded one) and blade (broad root) to the Mark 1a ! There was no difference in spinner and props on both the Mk1 and 1a. The consequence of this error is that we are seeing mostly Mkll spitifires being flown by users yet the Battle of Britain had mostly Mark 1 and 1a ! Also we are seeing early black/white camouflage on mark ll aircraft which is most confusing and incorrect.

Wooden blades did not exist on any BoB spitfire, 1 1a or ll

Side aerials were not seen on spitfires for most of the period.

Crowbars were never carried in the BoB and need removing from the door.

The ability to apply Hurricane codes to spitfires and Spitfire codes to Hurricanes should be corrected.

Pilots of Hurricanes and spitfires wearing side caps and headphones looks wrong, that never happened. Lets see the pilots inside the aircraft look correct.

Give the Luft and RAF blue grey uniforms not light grey and cyan.

Give people in Luft gunners positions the correct gunsight, a simple cross hair.

The spitfire cockpit, I have yet to see in the release version a Mark 1 cockpit, see list of 18 or more alterations on other threads, some very large.

These are just some of a long list of fixes required.

I have to say that there is much that is awesome, just fantastic.

BOBC

carl
04-19-2011, 10:55 PM
i got fed up shooting at bombers justto killacouple of rear gunners so nowi just chop there planes in half with my prop, up to 12 in a row so far, anyone can beatthis:grin:

mauld
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
some issues i have noticed.
Graphics issues on 90 degree field of view i.e no markings on aircraft some cockpit issues in Ju87 haven't checked all cockpits. Cant eject hood on Spitfire all others ok. Is there a control to lower landing lamps? No rear view mirror on hurricane.

Orpheus
04-21-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm also getting missing sound files throughout the campaign, all the mid-mission conversations in the GB campaign are showing as 'file missing' in the console. :(

mungee
04-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Can place names (on the map) be activated?
If not, I think that it would be graet to know the places of the towns/cities and the airfields.
Perhaps one could have a "toggle" key for that?

skouras
04-23-2011, 10:32 PM
toggle key for the arrows with the labels too:-P
also please check the antiallising it doesn't work above 2x

Roger Wilco
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
We need to be able to lock the 109's tail wheel. in strong winds the 109 gets pushed about the runway and there is nothing you can do about it.

Buzpilot
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Blenheim is way to hard to takeoff with.
Takeoff RPM is 2650, but it's impossible to run above 2400 without destroying engines. (Can't even get close to 2600 rpm)
It should be capable of continuesly 2750 RPM.

SEE
04-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Open the cockpit and the world become visually enhanced. Close the cockpit and the view is 'flat' with brightness and contrast dumbed down making it more difficult to see ac at distance. I have seen numerous vids of these fighters from the cockpit and the effects of the cockpit closed in terms of visual differences seems overmodelled.

Flyers in open cockpit have a very different view.

Bobb4
04-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Bugs first...

Crashed a H111 and grass came into cockpit when plane came to a standstill. While not a game breaker, it is an immersion killer :)

Graphical glitches.
Streaky land lines and water lines running from the coast into water and visa versa.
As you get closer they disappear.

The three blue horizon lines are still there. They also run accross infront of hills. So flying down behind a hill and looking out you can see the lines through the hill...

Gameplay.
Mouse click controls are not accurate enough, you cannot move mixture and other settings up or down in smaller percentages.
It is either full rich or lean, nothing inbetween.

Pilot bailouts are smooth but when the guy hits the water he disappears after a few seconds?
Also noticed a lot of shot down planes lingering half submerged in the water, they do not sink? This was particularly noticable with an ai spit i shot down, pilot bailed and the plane went in.
I bailed over the same spot and lo and behold what was below me the floating spit?

i5 2500k
4gig ram
ATI HD 6970
Framerates, 60 to 80 over water and 50 to 30 over land. Everything on high except buildings and forests on medium amount

machoo
04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
When strafing a runway in the FMB I found this , It's done it with 110's and HE111's . 109's were ok. All I have been doing was changing the aircraft only in objects browser. Same waypoints ect. Also you can see some weird shadow bug , like a big dark circle around the selected aircraft -- i'm sure this would have been mentioned though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD1ARS_DzOQ

JG52Krupi
04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Its true then, that myth that osterich/bf110 put there head in the ground when an aircraft passes over...

Rattlehead
04-26-2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD1ARS_DzOQ

I literally laughed out loud. :-P

mangotango
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Anyone seen CARS???...
...Scaring tractors so they tip over backwards!!!

Yammo
04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
While perhaps not critical priorities in the scope of things, one thing that is
bugging me the most at the moment is the cockpit camera.

1: Normal cockpit-camera
Works all right...

2: Loosen straps (i.e "Gun-sight aligned camera")
Please remove the restriction of having to have the "Gun-sight" in view. As I
am lining up for a shot, I still need to be able to check the instruments. Also,
it restricts me from having a last look over my shoulder before committing to
the attack. Besides, having to "Tighten the straps" to look over my shoulder
just doesn't make any sense. :)

3: Camera transitions...
Going between the modes...
- "Normal" and "Gun-sight view"(aka loosen straps)
- "Open canopy" and "Closed canopy"
...locks the TrackIR and then make a very annoying "pop" at the end of the
interpolation between the "modes".

As per usual, awesome work guys!
The game is really getting there by leaps and bounds.

=XIII=Shea
04-29-2011, 09:43 AM
I have came across,a few supermen:lol: while playing multiplayer while viewing other peoples planes:)

Wolf_Rider
05-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Anyone seen CARS???...
...Scaring tractors so they tip over backwards!!!

"I'm as happy as a tornado in a caravan park"

klem
05-01-2011, 06:33 AM
I have noticed that with mp_dotrange showing say 14km or even 25km I don't see a dot until it suddenly and very obviously pops up at around 8km (according to the map icons and grid size). It appears to be several pixels, perhaps 4 or more?

They just as suddenly disappear, presumably as they move away, but again it is very sudden and obvious. On one or two servers I have seen the dots suddenly change from the very obvious black dot to a very (and I mean very) faint grey dot of perhaps one pixel.

So the ranging and rendering of the dots seems to be inadequate and inconsistent. Its hard to say if the "8km" dot is the right size, it may be a little too large, but once the whole business is sorted out it will be easier to make sense of it.

My settings are attached.

Rig is:
ASUS Sabertooth mobo
i7 950 @ 4GHz
6Gb DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX570 GPU
850W PSU
Coolermaster HAF912+ case
Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050
X52 HOTAS
X45 miscellaneous controls

klem
05-01-2011, 07:18 AM
See previous post for my settings etc.

I also posted this on a regular thread but I think it belongs here:

I have created a dogfight mission with a Weather Object set as overcast at 300m, Hurricanes at Hawkinge, static heinkels and stukas across the channel at Saint-Inglevert and a few 109s patrolling their area. I have set the density etc properties of the weather as low as they will go (the sliders).

Problem: When friends join me (I'm running the server on my playing PC) they do not get the weather - just clear skies - while I am flying in the overcast.

Any ideas why? Is this part of 'the weather is porked' or could it be something to do with settings?

If it means anything, while I see the blue ground targets on my map right from the start, my friends don't until they get near the French coast and while I can see the ground targets dots from miles away - even through cloud (!) - my friends don't until they are close.

Desertowl
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
hello all,

All in all, the game runs fairly smooth for me, but i did notice 2 annoying bugs that i didnt see listed here in the forum (but i guess they are mentioned here somewhere).
1. the mirror in the spit is magnifying - i can see pixelated view of the ocean or whatever behind me.
2. when i hit an enemy plane, the game suffer from a micro stutter at the moment of impact.

version is the latest official, settings are around med-high, except for shadows @ low.

system details:
quad e6600@2.4
GTX 560 TI
6 GB DDR2 RAM
22" monitor

SEE
05-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Objects with no collision detection. You can fly through radar towers, etc.

Ivan Fooker
05-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Latest Patch 14433

I have problems since that patch with my controls (x52 adressed via SST Software).
Some keys and the throttle aswell reacts very lagged or irregular atm.
Full throttle doent lead to full throtttel ingame.
Oil or water rad doesnt open on my keys.
Same belongs to my prop pitch.

(win7-64;I7-920@3.01;hd5870;x52)

Edit:
Sorry...me dumbass,forgot to deactivate anthromorph controlling...
Everything works fine so far.

Zoom2136
05-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I've notice that it only happens on my system when I over shoot the runway on take off. So, if I get airborne before the end of the runway, the sound of tumbling wheels stops once they leave the ground, but for some reason, if I continue my ground roll past the end of the runway then the tumbling sounds does not stop once airborne.

This also happens if I take off "cross field".

Hope this helps,

Seeker
05-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I've notice that it only happens on my system when I over shoot the runway on take off. So, if I get airborne before the end of the runway, the sound of tumbling wheels stops once they leave the ground, but for some reason, if I continue my ground roll past the end of the runway then the tumbling sounds does not stop once airborne.

This also happens if I take off "cross field".

Hope this helps,

I get the sound on take off, unless I "bump" the wheels on the runway an extra time, then it goes away.

131st_Impact
05-08-2011, 01:32 PM
hi all. S!
i too have a few issues with the game,1 when i go to multiplayer either as a host or a client. the moment i hit fly i get launcher.exe has stopped responding. that happens alot. i have set compatibilty and run as admin to help but no go. 2 if i host a game i pick mission i want and it loads a default one so i go to missions and select say a dogfight mission the game freezes like its loading the new 1 and loads the default 1 again. graphically i aint having to many problems i have had to turn them down to med and high. even though it says im getting 50+ fps it stutters real badly. i found setting the game to windowed then dragging the screen size bigger reduces stutter alot though. can this only be due to the buildings though?. because even on max graphics when i go to the sea i hit 90/100 fps average.
ow 1 thing u might want to know about. i crashed my plane my engine completly fell out and was laying up the runway. my plane nosed over so i was leaning forward.i was still hearing the engine and was able to throttle up and drive my plane forward. and as i said my engine was completely missing. im not worried about these problems oleg and his crew come through with il2 and they will come through with this too. any more issues and ile come back and report them here.

smink1701
05-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Game locked up in one of the single missions. Got a launch failure notice.

131st_Impact
05-08-2011, 04:16 PM
i got a recording of the mirror magnifieing but look at this image i took. is the ground details right or no?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996537764/screenshot/577796269356637757/?tab=public
another thing. why does the aircraft not have nav and landing lights?

131st_Impact
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
S!
this may be an error on my part but i have my doubts. i been trying to create a simple multiplayer game. a map with little land and pick the planes for each side. when i go to test it i cant get into a aircraft no matter what team i create a aircraft. it appears but ai have taken over it and i cant get in then.
so i figure i wil ltake a look at the pre made missions and figure out what im doing wrong. they all looked the same as my own mission. so i load up a pre made mission . (just dogfight btw) and i cant get into the aircraft there neither. ai take over them aircraft soon as i create them too. anybody got any clue what im doing wrong? tbh i dont like the way the multiplayer has been set out. its too difficult. i want to pick my plane my weapons take off and fly.

fiesetrix
05-09-2011, 03:59 PM
S! to everyone ...
My Joystick, a "Saitek Cyborg X", freezes randomly with CloD. In works fine with Il2-1946, Rise of Flight - no freezes at all - only with CloD. After freezing I just unplug from USB-Port and replug it - Joystick is working again until next freeze which is a little annoying.
(Win7 64)

Winger
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Latest Patch 14433

I have problems since that patch with my controls (x52 adressed via SST Software).
Some keys and the throttle aswell reacts very lagged or irregular atm.
Full throttle doent lead to full throtttel ingame.
Oil or water rad doesnt open on my keys.
Same belongs to my prop pitch.

(win7-64;I7-920@3.01;hd5870;x52)

Edit:
Sorry...me dumbass,forgot to deactivate anthromorph controlling...
Everything works fine so far.

Patch 14433?!!?
Is there a new one? I thought BETA patch 14413 from May 4 is the newest?

Thanks

Winger

klem
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
S!
this may be an error on my part but i have my doubts. i been trying to create a simple multiplayer game. a map with little land and pick the planes for each side. when i go to test it i cant get into a aircraft no matter what team i create a aircraft. it appears but ai have taken over it and i cant get in then.
so i figure i wil ltake a look at the pre made missions and figure out what im doing wrong. they all looked the same as my own mission. so i load up a pre made mission . (just dogfight btw) and i cant get into the aircraft there neither. ai take over them aircraft soon as i create them too. anybody got any clue what im doing wrong? tbh i dont like the way the multiplayer has been set out. its too difficult. i want to pick my plane my weapons take off and fly.

Ths may help. When you create a dogfight server create Spawn Areas not Aircraft.
Have a look at this and see if it helps:-

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=280542&postcount=3

by the way I have found that you can 'grab' an AI aircraft sometimes and 'Enter' it but as I haven't bothered much I can't be sure where or when I did that. Ahem.... probably a pointless comment :)

Zorin
05-09-2011, 08:40 PM
The right foot of the passenger in the Bf108 is protruding through the floor.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_shot_20110509_183256.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=shot_20110509_183256.jpg)

131st_Impact
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=klem;280801]Ths may help. When you create a dogfight server create Spawn Areas not Aircraft.

Hi mate thanks for the reply. i have done exactly what u have told. i started a new map. 2 spawn areas 1 red 1 blue. followed your instructions down to the T and i am still getting the same thing? i launch it i select my side. then i pick an aircraft then hit create. then it spawns on the runway i click it then enter and pilot appears i hit enter but nothing happens i can click fly and watch the ai fly it though.

Ivan Fooker
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Still have sometimes the shaking of BF109 engine without any reason (levelflight,temps between 80-100°).
Using latest patch.

131st_Impact
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=klem;280801]Ths may help. When you create a dogfight server create Spawn Areas not Aircraft.

ok i dont know if u would class this as a bug or not. i may just be missing something. but i set my game to full real accept cockpit always on. that is the reason i could not join my created aircraft. i tried several time and almost gave up then i turned on a option that alowed me to change to different aircraft and even take over ai aircraft and i spawned into the aircraft i created from then on..

xpupx
05-11-2011, 04:28 AM
1. Full Screen Mode now generates Massive lag on servers (so much so server admins are rolling back to previous patches.
2. Huge graphical errors in maps such as water appearing in cities at high altitude!
3. The higher you go the more the rivers look like marsh land instead of mainland.
4. Menu buttons don't work so you have to CTL ALT DEL out of the game to go back to the previous menu.
5.Mirrors in Spitfire and Hurricanes don't work at certain angles with Track IR, they show bad pixilation with black lines in with object massively magnified even though it is far away.
6. Co-Op does not work on the channel map.
7. Some fighter AI does not work in Co-Op.
8. Search Lights don't work properly
9. AAA can't hit anything.
10. Very limited range with AAA apart from the 88's
11. Servers constantly crashing as numbers build up.
12. Changing fuel contents on load out screen with spitfire makes no difference to what the gauge in the aircraft tells you.
13. After a rocky takeoff In the spitfire you get a rumbling from the tail wheel that will not stop.
14. Unable to play any custom made mission to the end without the launcher stoping and locking the game up.
15. barrage balloons randomly don't extend to the height that you set them at. They just stay on the ground. barrage balloons at height cannot be clicked upon.
16. Saved building in the FMB will sometimes save unselected items as well.
17. Unable to unselect buildings and objects after pasting from file in FMB.
18. Unable to rotate grouped items around a central axis only around an individual axis.
19. Retracting the undercarriage while on the ground will do just that!
20. Unable to view the compass in the Spitfire and Hurricane while flying.

My Rig
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit service pack 1
Asus M4N98TD EVO
3.4 AMD Phenom 2 Quad core CPU
8 GB DDR 1600 RAM
2 x Nvidia GTX 460 in SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi
G15 G13 TrackIR 4. T.Flight Hotas X and a Razor Lachesis mouse

klem
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM

ok i dont know if u would class this as a bug or not. i may just be missing something. but i set my game to full real accept cockpit always on. that is the reason i could not join my created aircraft. i tried several time and almost gave up then i turned on a option that alowed me to change to different aircraft and even take over ai aircraft and i spawned into the aircraft i created from then on..

ok three things here.

1. To select aircraft or create them you must uncheck the 'Cannot Switch planes' etc. entries in Realism settings. I usually uncheck all of that group but you can decide to limit some options for players like 'Cannot Switch Sides'.

2. If you only created Spawn Areas its possible you 'Created' an aircraft and then left it (Escape) so it would stay Created and you might see it as an 'Aircraft' that you could select and 'Enter'. Usually when you only have Spawn Areas and you select an Army then an Airfield, the aircraft available only appear on a list on the right hand side of the 'Map screen' where you choose the a/c you want from the likst you provided in the mission builder. You don't usually see actual aircraft, at least not right off.

3. You may have created 'Aircraft' as well as 'Spawn Areas' because to select an aircraft on the map and 'Enter' it, it would have to be an 'Aircraft' (or one of a Group) you placed on the Airfield (unless it was a 'leftover' previously Created as in 2. above).

So after creating your simple dogfight server with Spawn Areas only, create a server, set the Realism as above then load the mission. It should work ok.

131st_Impact
05-12-2011, 08:14 PM
hi all
thanks klem. i fixed that problem now. i had to enable the taking over of aircraft in the realism options.

now i found another problem i got a video clip of it.
i was flying a he111 in a dogfight map. and got shot in half. even though the aircraft was hard to fly i was still able to fly it. i only crashed after i started messing with the flaps and stuff.
just thought i would point that out.

another thing im getting launcher stop responding error when i go to online english channel map. or if i try to load black death video.
thanks

SEE
05-12-2011, 11:50 PM
GB Actors WAV Sound file Errors - reporting as 'not found' in SFS file. Object error (bridge) on map. (latest beta, not sure if this applies to official patch or previous betas)

tillobert
05-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Three things that are most annoying:
1. The game crashes every 5 mins back to desktop. I can here some sound and i can hear my plane crashing but thats all, no switching back to menu or something like that. Just the Taskmanager helps.
2. No Radio. I mean you can´t play with AI if you can´t give them orders. If I try to land they to land too...without wheels;)
3. No AA. Yep this makes the game looking not that good as its supposed to be!

131st_Impact
05-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Three things that are most annoying:
1. The game crashes every 5 mins back to desktop. I can here some sound and i can hear my plane crashing but thats all, no switching back to menu or something like that. Just the Taskmanager helps.
2. No Radio. I mean you can´t play with AI if you can´t give them orders. If I try to land they to land too...without wheels;)
3. No AA. Yep this makes the game looking not that good as its supposed to be!

well im thinking 1 is a Ram issue. i dont mean your ram im thinking that the game is not using ram correctly. seems the bigger the map like english channel or the more going on on a map usually crashes my launcher exe anyway. i lost the game several times yesterday. im sure they are working on this though

i cant comment on 2 i know the ai is real dumb. they crash into everything. i have seen them take off and crash into mountains when coming back around and even seen them crash into each other.

but 3 now i have AA working on some maps i have done. and they seem to work correctly only 1 was working bad he was face down on a mountian shooting me on the other side of the mountain.. so basically he was shooting through the mountain at me.
but i have been taken out by AA .

tillobert
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
well im thinking 1 is a Ram issue. i dont mean your ram im thinking that the game is not using ram correctly. seems the bigger the map like english channel or the more going on on a map usually crashes my launcher exe anyway. i lost the game several times yesterday. im sure they are working on this though

i cant comment on 2 i know the ai is real dumb. they crash into everything. i have seen them take off and crash into mountains when coming back around and even seen them crash into each other.

but 3 now i have AA working on some maps i have done. and they seem to work correctly only 1 was working bad he was face down on a mountian shooting me on the other side of the mountain.. so basically he was shooting through the mountain at me.
damn i would really like to see the picture but i can´t open it correctly -.-
EDIT: a works now;)
yeah looks like it works!
but on the channel map it doesn´t i think.

joker68
05-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Looking at the picture at the end of your post, all that I can say is "hurry, go get your surfboard and get ready, she's coming!" :mrgreen:

131st_Impact
05-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Looking at the picture at the end of your post, all that I can say is "hurry, go get your surfboard and get ready, she's coming!" :mrgreen:

lol thats not a wave. the water textures are sat up on the hill.

Buchon
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I found a weird issue :

When you take a screenshot in a game at 1920x1200 and size down to 720 (vertical pixels) it result in a 1280x720 picture always.

But in IL2COD a size down of a 1920x1200 screenshot result in a 1150x720 picture.

Where are those 130 pixels lost ?

I guess there still a problem with the screen scale, so it is not scaling at full screen.

Redroach
05-14-2011, 06:53 PM
a little one with very low priority, but:
In the quick mission screen, the "blue" side is represented by a part-german, part-italian flag. And it's the modern ones - nazi- and fascism-era ones would be more appropriate imo.
Of course, you can't show the swastika flag as per german law, but the black-white-red imperial-german-era one would be okay. And afaik, there are no restrictions on the Kingdom of Italy flag.

Should take less than 5 minutes to change that.

Mechanist
05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Blenheim mk IV bombsight problem:

If you fly for example at 6000 ft with 190 mph TAS level flight and you give this parameters to the bombsight, it points approx 3 miles closer then the actual impact point.

So i adjusted the input settings to find the correct impact point and here are the results:

Scenario 1: Adjusting the airspeed with correct altitude to find the correct inpact point:

Fligth conditions 3000 ft 190 mph TAS:
Set height to 3000 ft set speed to 90 mph

Fligth conditions 6000 ft 190 mph TAS:
Set height to 6000 ft set speed to 110 mph

Scenario 2: Adjusting the altitude with correct airspeed to find the correct inpact point::

Fligth conditions 3000 ft 190 mph TAS:
Set speed to 190 mhp TAS the height input is 12000 ft

Fligth conditions 6000 ft 190 mph TAS:
Set speed to 190 mhp TAS the height input is 16000 ft

Also when you set the airspeed you'll see the speed setter wheel turning in the right lower part of the bombing sight. It have a scale from 100-260
I belive it's in mph, but it turns uncorrectly. Althougt the bar/lath in the left upper section of the sight have a scale between 90-310 mph.

The wheel turns like this:

set with keys / Indicated in the wheel:
90 / 258
100 / 120
110 / 155
120 / 190
130 / 225
140 / 258

And so on in the same pattern, so you can turn it arrond 3 times. I belive it is pretty wierd...

The last minor issue I found that when you press shift+F1 to look into the sight it's focusing on the right side bar, which is the "minutes to 60 miles" indicator. I would rather look on the left side bar which is "airspeed in mph x 10" or make it switchable.

Also i tried the BR.20s bombsight, which works just like the Blenheim sight, and it's works perfect. Also the He-111s and the Ju-88s bombsights works as they should in my observations.

All tests where made with AI pilot, with me as bombardier, so i consider this condition to be a perfect level flight.

Mechanist
05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
More Blenheim mk IV problems:

CEM:

Mixture doesn't work at all. I tested it high and low and it's have no effect on temperature, exhaust gas, fuel consumption or anything. And whe you set the throttle to 0 no mather what mixture settings you have, it will exhaust black smoke. Also the lever works inversely like in the hurricane.

Prop pitch seems to be two stage in the 3D modell. (on 0 pitch input it turns right to a more featherd position, on anything else than 0 it turns left to its takeoff position. You can observe it when the engines are stoped) However, it have a full effect on rpm in different positions (not just two stages) as I measured:

Throttle 75 %
IAS 200-210 mhp
Height 8000ft
Radiator 100%
Carburetor heat 100%
Pitch % / RPM
100 / 2660
75 / 2520
50 / 2320
25 / 2120
0 / 1760

Carburetor heat seems to work inversely. In 100% you'll get less engine temperature then in 0%

Throttle 50 %
Pitch 75%
IAS: 150-160 mph
Height: 8000 ft
Radiator 100 %
Carburetor heat % / Engine temperature °C / RPM
100 / 201 / 2260
75 / 203 / 2290
50 / 208 / 2340
25 / 221 / 2380
0 / 233 / 2480

Also the carburetor heat controll lever labeld as "AIR INTAKE SHUTTER" (Don't really know how it suppose to work on this airplane)

Boost cut-out doesn't have any effect on engines at all.

Other:

Tailwheel is fixed about 30° to the right when you strat on the ground, making taxiing and straight takeoffs almost inpossible.

Can't fly missions with AI lead when you have to takeoff, because AI doesn't warm their engines, just start taxi or takeoff right away. Of course it is a general problem, but blenheim affected by it the most because of the long warmup procedure.

And a little request: Please make the toggle seat position for the bombardier work (sit beside the pilot in his chair). Would be nice in multiplayer to help with the trimms and navigation, and of course it would ease the multiplayer training aswell.

Aggro
05-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Issue: On a widescreen 1920*1080, fully updated win7, sandy bridge cpu, gtx470, 8GbBRam sometimes on the far left and far right side of the screen all the tree shadows are wrong, stretched out to the side of teh screen, looks like a barcode or something. Just a second or less. Not always, sometimes. I hope you were already aware of this problem. Thx

heidelbergensis
05-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Two low priority graphical ones that I don´t find reported:

a) BF110 "stick and ball" roll indicator; its stick points on the opposite direction, i.e. you roll left, it bents to right...

b) Wheels on all planes on takeoff don´t turn (They turned before the last beta).

131st_Impact
05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
hi all
since latest patch i have seen massive performance boost. game runs alot smoother throughout .
but im getting a new bug. game freezes.but i hear my plane fly if i fire my guns i hear them shoot . if i lower my throttle my engine revs drop. but dont have any movement on screen.

P.s Thanks for the patch good work guys

Blackdog_kt
05-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Since the latest steam update of May 19th, the prop pitch is bugged on the 109 and 110 (and maybe in the He111P too as it has the same engine, i didn't check that one).

Normally the patch would change the pitch lever into a spring loaded switch that snaps to center when you take your hand off the control.

What it does though is start correctly in the neutral position, but as soon as you apply a pitch change command instead of snapping back to center it locks in one of the two extreme positions.

This way, it keeps trying to increase or decrease RPM on its own and you constantly have to fight against it, making it impossible to fly with CEM enabled.

TheEnlightenedFlorist
05-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Since the latest steam update of May 19th, the prop pitch is bugged on the 109 and 110 (and maybe in the He111P too as it has the same engine, i didn't check that one).

Normally the patch would change the pitch lever into a spring loaded switch that snaps to center when you take your hand off the control.

What it does though is start correctly in the neutral position, but as soon as you apply a pitch change command instead of snapping back to center it locks in one of the two extreme positions.

This way, it keeps trying to increase or decrease RPM on its own and you constantly have to fight against it, making it impossible to fly with CEM enabled.

It works correctly if you control the pitch for each engine individually.

Warhound
05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Latest patch (v 1.01.14550) intruduced an annoying bug with flying through clouds on my system, they flicker wildly from white to black which makes it really hard on the eyes. Flickering stops when you speed the game up to 2x, not when you slow it down.
Using the 6950 + ATI 11.4 drivers, didn't try the last betapatches but this problem wasen't present in the previous steam release.

Aggro
05-19-2011, 03:15 PM
This is definately not priority #1, but in the future can we please in the options have a slider for grass draw distance. Current grass draw distance radius is too small for my taste. Another vanity wish: Please stop the tree shadows from shimmering (check out ROF tree shadows if you need ideas) and please stop the trees themselves from shimmering. Or atleast have an high level hardware option for this.

Not high priority right now, but important for immersion IMHO

Oh and one more vanity wish: Please make tracers that look more like ROF tracers, and if this wish is unreal (which I dont believe, but I have seen the discussions, so lets not discuss it again) have it as a realism option, for example: Realistic tracers option is what we have now (even though I dont think it is the realistic option when considering the camera effects vs eyes) and unrealistic option would be something that looks like ROF tracers. But please lets not discuss it here, I just wanted this selfishly for the future as an option so that both camps can be happy.

Thanks, just my personal graphics wishes for COD, yeah graphics are important for me :)

Ze-Jamz
05-19-2011, 03:26 PM
1/ Can still fly through tress

2/ 109 prop pitch needs to be thought about again, weve not all got wheels and sliders

3/ multiplayer..PLEASE fix that dam bug where im trolling around the map trying to find the infamous words 'spawn points blah blah' after selecting colour..clicking on airbases does NOTHING...so so frustrating, how can it take this long to fix?

4/Loadouts and GUI..please sort these 2 things out

5/ATI blue lines?

These are the most important things to me in terms of playability and annoyance

609_Huetz
05-19-2011, 03:39 PM
A thought that just crossed my mind, trying to get my old decent fps back: Can you split shadows in the video options in external and cockpit? I can live without shadows on the ground to be honest, but no shadows in the cockpit is a no go.

SG1_Lud
05-19-2011, 03:47 PM
A thought that just crossed my mind, trying to get my old decent fps back: Can you split shadows in the video options in external and cockpit? I can live without shadows on the ground to be honest, but no shadows in the cockpit is a no go.

+1

Devs: this is being much asked for, but the petitions get lost in the forums.

SG1_Lud
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
BTW, why this thread and this other?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19629

shoudn't be united for the sake of clarity and organization?

JG53Frankyboy
05-19-2011, 04:46 PM
The He111P behaves still ok in game. 1C gave it a CSP for its DB601, and not a manual variable pitch unit like the 109/110.
But it would be nice if 1C would remove the mixture and supercharger bars in the 111P, they have no funtion. What is correct.
And please delete also. The 109 mixture bar now, also no function anymore.

Buzpilot
05-19-2011, 05:16 PM
The Blenheim IV have a unrecoverable error, not reporting in 'Vehicle Dammage' textbox. When engines go above 250, in a dive, for maybe less than 20 sec, they start shaking and won't recover when temperature go down below 240 even. This make engines weak too, and have no power to climb.
Could be a bug, or just 'Vehicle Dammage' failing to report dammage.
PS. I use FFB (G940 with latest firmware) , so the shaking is lot more noticable to me, visually it's almost normal shaking, but with significant power loss on engines.

Version 14550

Oh, and sounds stutter, and sometimes come and go, in multiplayer, + rivers still grow with distance.

Ze-Jamz
05-19-2011, 06:14 PM
No sound in multiplayer..would be more specific but ive lost the will to live

My game was okay yesterday (ish)

PLEASE READ

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21096

klem
05-20-2011, 07:50 AM
No sound in multiplayer..would be more specific but ive lost the will to live

My game was okay yesterday (ish)

PLEASE READ

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21096

I have the same problem but the sound disappears after a while so I'm interested in the subject but your link seems to be pointing to this Thread - did you mean a specific Post in the Thread or a different Thread?

tillobert
05-20-2011, 09:49 AM
crash to desktops en masse-.- i mean what the **** before the last beta patch and the last official patch everything worked fine but now the game just sucks!

BigPickle
05-20-2011, 10:11 AM
I get Crash to desktops some are fatal and require a hard restart, i have enabled logs now but i dont really want to have my pc doing that hard crash as it damaging to my hardware.

Krt_Bong
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
"8. Somebody please get in touch with Vincent or somebody over at NaturalPoint to add in a TrackIR profile for CoD."

check for an update my Track Ir works fine and I just reformatted so it works on the latest drivers.

tillobert
05-20-2011, 09:29 PM
CtD´s are still there since the last betapatch until now with the hotfix -.-
Have the newest NVIDIA drivers installed. Maybe I should try the beta drivers for this beta game;)
But I HAVE to mention that I enjoy the time I can stay in the game!!

edit:
Ok now i have installed the latest NVIDIA betapatch and i was able to play a whole mission including start and landing without a crash. Maybe it was a driver issue. All people with the same problem as i had could try this too.

machoo
05-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Loading up the Black Death track and while in free view mode I saw this. http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9770/2011052100001.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/2011052100001.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I think it's a shadow bug problem?

BigPickle
05-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Since Hot Fix I get massive screen flickering when looking at clouds. General performance is about 10 fps lower than last offical patch back in Apr.
Fullscreen also still does not work i see my desktop between loading screens and when i make a key input in the option menu i hear the windows ding! like if you try to press a key when the current window or tab is not selected.
The props go invisible when nose points at clouds.

LT.INSTG8R
05-21-2011, 08:31 AM
"8. Somebody please get in touch with Vincent or somebody over at NaturalPoint to add in a TrackIR profile for CoD."

check for an update my Track Ir works fine and I just reformatted so it works on the latest drivers.

It uses the same profile as IL-2 46. I don't see any real reason for a new one it uses the old one just fine.

MD_Wild_Weasel
05-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Couple of bugs ive noted. Im sure they have been reported but i will report them anyway. (let he who is without sin cast the first stone:-P)

1 Spitfire mirror displaying jargled mess.
2. CEM controls mising from the blenheim ( bottom left hand corner) I have only the throttle settings displayed.

Good job on the recent updates Dev team.. Thankyou!

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
ie9
msi geforce gtx 460 hawk"talon attack"1024mb
asus m4n82 deluxe nforce980a sli
Amd phenom II quad core 955 black edition @3.2 ghz(auto overclock)
corsair XMS2 4gb ddr2 pc2-8500c5
Akasa venom cpu cooler
Inwin Ironclad full tower case
WD 500gb hdd

timholt
05-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by timholt View Post
Running latest hot fix I am still getting lock ups requiring the task manager exit when doing ground attacks.

I normally fly either a Hurricane or a Spit and when attacking vehicle columns the game will lock up, usually on the second pass, as soon as I start firing, i.e. no explosions, just the tracers leaving the guns.

I just changed the FMB mission to a 109 strafing a couple of Brit fuel columns, got spectacular explosions (flew straight through them) and did numerous passes without a lock up.

I just tried the 109 on the same column the Brit planes lock up the computer. I got several passes in including huge fuel explosions but eventually got the lock up again. On each occasion there is a huge memory spike and I think it may have something to do with vehicles towing trailers????

Also mirrors are still a physcadelic mess.

Still losing sound occasionally.

Still being asked if I would like to drop out of Aero.

AND THE LIKELY CAUSE IS:

It looks like the vehicles towing either trailers or guns was the culprit. I deleted those columns in the various missions and substituted them with fuel columns. Huge explosions to fly through (with the Hurricane) and not a lockup to be had.

kristorf
05-22-2011, 07:58 AM
I have lost approx 10fps since last patch/hotfix?

I know this ammount isn't great in the grand scheme of things, but when you average approx 35/40fps over land pre-patch it has a huge effect,
meaning I have had to turn shadows off to play.

Also getting the end mission/esc CTD's requiring taskmanager exit

White Owl
05-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Since Hot Fix I get massive screen flickering when looking at clouds.

Yes, anytime I fly into a cloud the whole screen flashes like a strobe light. Only started doing this after the hot fix with the improved propeller visuals.

Warhound
05-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes, anytime I fly into a cloud the whole screen flashes like a strobe light. Only started doing this after the hot fix with the improved propeller visuals.

It did this in the last beta patches and in v 1.01.14550 aswel, know for sure my system did suffer from it before the hotfix so doubt it's related to the propeller.

Khamsin
05-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Since the recent patch, German aircraft have pitch controls reversed ... so the Decrease Pitch command actually increases pitch in German aircraft and vice versa.

warbirds
05-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Runway lights work but they show through solid objects. So you can see them through your wings and such.

Lighhouse cannot be made to produce light even with generator and ai power.

Wolf_Rider
05-23-2011, 03:25 AM
sim appears to be smooth and not much change FPS wise (mirrors on/ off, textures, tree/ building detail/ amount, grass on/ off, etc, etc) when above 500ft (at least when zipping around in the QM england free flight mission) stuttering and fps drop seem to occur under 500ft regardless of terrain altitude

Frequent_Flyer
05-23-2011, 03:33 AM
No matter what cloud type you choose in " Local Weather" ie. Cumulus, or Overcast - Thunder clouds are all you get in game.
The other functions within " local weather " appear to work

Wolf_Rider
05-23-2011, 03:37 AM
local weather? where this be??

Warhound
05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Serverlist seems to only look at the first digit when sorting on amount of players.
Fe. 19 is smaller than 2, 47 is smaller than 6 etc.

Also experienced the soundbug for the first time today, happened in multiplayer on the repka 1 server. Logged in without sound ,then it came back for a few minutes only to disappear a short while later. Returned the instant I left MP.
Sound set to ambisonic all through.

Krt_Bong
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Now I have an issue where I cannot re-center Track Ir while in game, and controls intermittently respond, sometimes not even keystrokes will work as if the game has disconnected from the key assignments.

AndyJWest
06-04-2011, 12:49 AM
A minor one - Canterbury airfield:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae65/ajv00987k/RauchenVerboten.jpg

Rauchen Verboten? :confused: :-P

Ibis
06-06-2011, 01:17 AM
It's not a problem Andy if you're not a smoker:cool:

Maybe it's for German pilots who land there by mistake.

cheers
Ibis.

Trooper117
06-06-2011, 11:29 AM
See how kind we are to you jerries?
Even have your own little hanger to park up in when you decide youv'e had enough..
Rather nice of us I thought!

'Bung Ho chaps'

Bobb4
06-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Not sure in which thread to post this...
But has anyone noticed on an arcade server the game just ignores the instruments. I am talking tem guages here. So instead of a player learning how to fly and what temps work, in arcade mode the game just ignores temps altogether.
If this is the solution for a human pilot does that mean the AI ignores engine temps as well?
I have noticed ai just spool up and take off, no engine management at all :-P
Just wondering

klem
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Not sure in which thread to post this...
But has anyone noticed on an arcade server the game just ignores the instruments. I am talking tem guages here. So instead of a player learning how to fly and what temps work, in arcade mode the game just ignores temps altogether.
If this is the solution for a human pilot does that mean the AI ignores engine temps as well?
I have noticed ai just spool up and take off, no engine management at all :-P
Just wondering

That's the opint of CEM on or off. In Arcade servers it will be off so no adverse effects on the engine.

You're right about the AI at least in the off-line campaign. While I have CEM on and wait patiently for my engine to warm up the AI just start up and blast off down the runway.

Bobb4
06-15-2011, 11:23 AM
That's the opint of CEM on or off. In Arcade servers it will be off so no adverse effects on the engine.

I understand that no adverse effects part, but why not have the plane automatically start with perfectly warmed engine and then maintain it for you, in other words nothing you can do will go beyond the planes performance. You at least then see near perfect engine management and can learn from the games ai.
Currently an arcade pilot just rushes off. If he looks at his guages he will think it is okay to take-off with a water temp of 15 degrees...
RoF deals with this by allowing pilots to start with warm engines
:)

klem
06-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I understand that no adverse effects part, but why not have the plane automatically start with perfectly warmed engine and then maintain it for you, in other words nothing you can do will go beyond the planes performance. You at least then see near perfect engine management and can learn from the games ai.
Currently an arcade pilot just rushes off. If he looks at his guages he will think it is okay to take-off with a water temp of 15 degrees...
RoF deals with this by allowing pilots to start with warm engines
:)

Its a good point because in real life pilots on standby would have their engines warmed by the groundcrew and be immediately available for takeoff. Indeed thats what the AI seem to have.

I've added my vote for pre-warmed engines here.....
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23405

you can add yours too by adding a post.

Blackdog_kt
06-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Enabling CEM for the player's own aircraft costs about 10 FPS on most rigs.

Enabling it for every other AI aircraft would grind the sim to a halt, so the way the AI works is different: instead of monitoring the complete set of CEM parameters, they just follow a set of predetermined procedures and power settings.

This is done to prevent them from "cheating" without having to calculate everything and overload the CPU (this was said in one of Luthier's Q&A sessions some time before release).

In short, the AI doesn't look at gauges and decide what to do because decision making costs CPU cycles.

What the AI does is being fed a list of settings to use and following these checklists for their engine operation, dependent upon the phase of flight and maybe their skill levels.

So, on takeoff they will get to the appropriate manifold pressure/boost and RPM, then they will reduce power to climb or cruise, then they will go to combat power once they spot enemy aircraft and so on. They don't know about or even "feel" the limits like a human player does, they just follow a set of restrictions that prevents them from getting an unrealistic advantage.

Somewhere along the list of those restrictions there needs to be added a bit of extra code that follows this logic:
If AI Level = rookie then warm-up time = X seconds +/- 5%
If AI Level = veteran then warm-up time = Y seconds +/- 2%
etc,

and everything would be fine :D

klem
06-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Good idea BD and we need something like that but why would a veteran's engine warm up faster than a rookies? Does he carry a blow torch?

Blackdog_kt
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Good idea BD and we need something like that but why would a veteran's engine warm up faster than a rookies? Does he carry a blow torch?

Not really, he can just do an accelerated warm up without breaking the engine ;)

If you notice, i also gave them some "wiggle room" in the amount of time needed but once again, more experienced AI would be more consistent to reflect the fact that an experienced pilot could get to the engine's limits of what was possible within realistic terms.

So, if the default warm up time for a particular aircraft with a rookie AI behind the controls was 2 minutes, there would be smarter rookie AI pilots getting it done in 1min 30seconds and there would be worse rookie AI pilots getting it done in 2 min 30 seconds.

They wouldn't actually be smarter, they would just appear that way using that little trick with the randomized percentages, so this can give some realistic randomness and non-uniformity without once again costing CPU cycles ;)

In a similar fashion, if an ace AI pilot would have a default warm-up time of 30 seconds, the "smarter" ones would do it in 20 seconds and the "dumber" ones in 40 seconds: they are ace pilots after all so they shouldn't be too late even if they are having a bad day, but they wouldn't be able to exceed what the engine was capable of either, so they get a smaller "range of randomness" than the lower level AI.

As for how to do an accelerated warm-up, it's pretty simple especially on fuel injected aircraft like the 109. I've managed to get it up and running within seconds and take off right after the AI leaders (CEM and temp effects enabled in the realism settings).

You just turn the engine on, hold the brakes, close the rads and advance the throttle until the engine starts "complaining" (the shaking effect), then back off a little. Once you see the temps rise a bit advance throttle a bit more until you get shaking again and back off a bit once more.

As long as you keep an eye on your temp gauges and oil pressure, you can warm-up the engine really fast without causing damage. If temps start getting too high just open the rads and pull the throttle back a bit, if oil pressure is rising too much just back off on the throttle a bit. Before long you'll be at the proper operating temperatures, so you can now open the rads fully, release brakes, go throttle wide open and take off.

I also do this in the Blenheim because it takes ages for the radials to warm up if they are simply left idling, but it takes a lot more care and attention to prevent breaking anything.

klem
06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Point taken BD, I do leave my Hurri rad closed until it gets to 60C and I do run the engine tickover as fast as it will tolerate.

131st_Impact
07-25-2011, 12:55 AM
hi guys and gals.
i have some more bugs for you .. 1 real anoying 1 is i cant load a online english channel map because the game crashes sometimes it makes it to the lobby most times it crashes when i am loading the mission.. it loads ok on single player though. also im getting black patches on maps like hills have dissapeared the houses float mid air. and u just explode hitting nothing. seems like some higher levels of ground are disapearing . and u crash into them..

also can we have our nav lights and landing lights back.. night missions are hard without them.. thanks guys,,
S!!

robtek
07-25-2011, 06:38 AM
It would be great if you post your system-specs with your bug-report, maybe they are related.

131st_Impact
08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
hi
sorry it took me. work stuff im affraid. just locks up then i get launcher.exe stopped responding. i have set to run as admin . also tried compatilbilty settings. and checked steam to make sure files are in sync. there was 2 files wrong but they have been fixed. i am still having the problems though.

heres my system specs
intel core 2 quad @ 2.40 ghz
pc2-5300 = 3072 ram
geforce 450 gts 1024 ram

i just found this
Fault bucket 2556337664, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Launcher.exe_Launcher
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4d6e3d08
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 6.1.7601.17651
P6: 4e2111c0
P7: e0434352
P8: 0000d36f
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3EF3.tmp.WE RInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\W ER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Launcher.exe_Lau_75d2fd6 a71265435f18532ed4c3c672365d28b_0885f8d0

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0a2ec6df-c4fe-11e0-ab5c-001ec936300b
Report Status: 0

I Found my problem listed further down the error report.. i ran out off memory.

Application: Launcher.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException Stack: at MS.Internal.WindowsBase.SafeSecurityHelper.Cleanup CollectedAssemblies(System.Object) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCal lback_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback()

131st_Impact
08-17-2011, 11:30 AM
S!
Sorry guys i was wrong. my problem is not being low on ram. i went out and purchased another 2 gig and still no luck. same problem..

sorak
08-18-2011, 03:49 AM
S!
Sorry guys i was wrong. my problem is not being low on ram. i went out and purchased another 2 gig and still no luck. same problem..

Can i have your old one?

Sometimes the game will do this to me ever so often when trying to load a map. After a couple tries it usually will work after restarting the game. Maybe try clearing the cache files.

in this spot: C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache