PDA

View Full Version : Will this laptop run the game ok?

Vengeanze
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi

Got me an Acer Timeline X 3820TG laptop with overclocked graphicscard.
According to official specs I'm alright but what do you guys think having played the game for some days now? Will a laptop with the following specs get ok frames?
Bad Company 2 gives +40 FPS at high settings.

Intel i5 430m (2,26GHz)
4GB DDR3 ram
1GB ATI 5650 @ 675 core / 1090 memory clocks

Thanks

Damixu
04-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Honestly, not this version of the game it can't. Maybe after future major game performance patches it will...

Vengeanze
04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Honestly, not this version of the game it can't. Maybe after future major game performance patches it will...
Guess you're right. The game must be built to use the turbo boost and hyperthreading and work the hardware in an optimized way and from what I understand it doesn't at the current patch level.

Damixu
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Guess you're right. The game must be built to use the turbo boost and hyperthreading and work the hardware in an optimized way and from what I understand it doesn't at the current patch level.

Fortunately today's Kegetys's modifications multiplied the performance of the game with three basic tricks, which I believe will end up to some upcoming patch. After that there might be a chance to run the sim with your rig. Can't guarantee it though due laptops having wonky performance reducing automation here and there due not to burn the damn thing.

Vengeanze
04-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Fortunately today's Kegetys's modifications multiplied the performance of the game with three basic tricks, which I believe will end up to some upcoming patch. After that there might be a chance to run the sim with your rig. Can't guarantee it though due laptops having wonky performance reducing automation here and there due not to burn the damn thing.
Sound good. If I can run Bad Company 2 with +40 FPS in MP that's a good sign. However, I've played the hole IL-2 series except -46 and know that recommended reqs usually won't cut it.