PDA

View Full Version : April 26th.....are F ing joking?

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Steams now got April 26th for a US release day...WTF.

Why has it been pushed back AGAIN?

ElAurens
04-10-2011, 03:47 PM
:(

What is up with this?

I knew Steam was a bad idea from the start. Now my feelings are proving correct.

Flanker35M
04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
S!

To give dev team time to patch the game up before US release maybe?

AwM
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't think Steam has something to do with the game release date.

Space Communist
04-10-2011, 03:52 PM

What is up with this?

I knew Steam was a bad idea from the start. Now my feelings are proving correct.

Well, in all fairness the Ubi site always said the 26th but Steam was earlier for some reason. Now it's just the same as anywhere else you would buy it. Still, that really sucks.

ElAurens
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think Steam has something to do with the game release date.

Yeah, you are no doubt correct.

I just wish the publishers and the development team would be a lot more forthcoming with us.

I was listening to my buddies on comms yesterday as they got their first online kills in COD and it was really hard to do.

Waiting has never been my strong suit.

JG52Uther
04-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Lots of Americans bought it from an English company last week I believe...
No need to wait for 26th April,but th game might run better by then.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Its funny....Its ok to put out a broken game to Russia and Europe but not the USA...lol

Well maybe they'll patch the game some more between now and the 26th.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Lots of Americans bought it from an English company last week I believe...
No need to wait for 26th April,but th game might run better by then.

Know the site?

JG52Uther
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
'Just Flight' I think. As far as I know people were activating through steam with no problems,but check it out first to make sure.

Fangio
04-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Read the thread on where to get the game.

Justflight.com English gaming site. I purchased and downloaded it from there... activated in steam, no issues at all. I am east coast USA.

There is no reason to wait unless you just want too.

Fang

JG52Uther
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
^^ there you go,Editor and ElAurens,no need to wait unless you want to!

Oldschool61
04-10-2011, 04:27 PM

Isn't it clear with all the issues so far. They are scrambling trying to get it playable for the USA launch, I'm not a bit suprised, they may add on to that date still.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 04:49 PM
just buy it and it works? any special instructions?

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I purchased it from there, even put in my location as canada and selected the currency I wanted to use. The store didn't say I couldn't buy it cause I was located in North America and Steam never complained either...

Since I didn't falsify my location and it offered me the choice I would think it is perfectly legitimate.

edit: Just wanted to add:
No special instructions really, just pay for it and they will email you your key to plug into steam and then steam will start downloading it... Although the email wasn't sent instantly it took about 15 minutes. So don't think they aren't sending it, I'm so used to emails being virtually instant.

Mauloch
04-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info DrPepper.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Ok, thanks. I just bought the game and downloading it now. Also requested to cancel my pre-order on steam.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I purchased it from there, even put in my location as canada and selected the currency I wanted to use. The store didn't say I couldn't buy it cause I was located in North America and Steam never complained either...

Since I didn't falsify my location and it offered me the choice I would think it is perfectly legitimate.

edit: Just wanted to add:
No special instructions really, just pay for it and they will email you your key to plug into steam and then steam will start downloading it... Although the email wasn't sent instantly it took about 15 minutes. So don't think they aren't sending it, I'm so used to emails being virtually instant.

how long did it take you to download it?

Bryan21cag
04-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok, thanks. I just bought the game and downloading it now. Also requested to cancel my pre-order on steam.

Q6600 3.3 ghz G0 step, 2X HD 5770 in Crossfire, Asus p45, WD 6400 250gb, 4GB 1066Mhz Corsair RAM, Antec 1000w psu, Win 7 64bit home premium, Track ir 4, Saitek Evo Force feedback.

I noticed by your specs above you have a similar set up to mine. don't be surprised when the game does not run as well as it sounds like its running on the 1 card systems. not very much improvement can be seen on the 2 card systems yet. Just fyi :) i have been watching video and reading posts of huge gains in performance and still have not seen any of this on mine yet because there still working on the crossfire support:) just trying to let you down easy lol cant wait till they patch that one :) you can always disable one card but when i did this it started causing other issues with my display so I am just waiting for the patch. good luck

Bryan21cag
04-10-2011, 06:27 PM

depends on your connection took me about an hour with the crap internet i have i only avg about 800kbs download though :)

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Don't recall, I started the download and had left the computer to do some other stuff for the day and forgot about it... Came back at night and realized it was done.

It's about 4GB when installed on the hard drive, not sure of the compressed download size though.

Oh yes, and like the others say... Prepare to do some tweaking to get it running to your liking. I'm totally enjoying the game right now and it runs fairly smooth for me and I have done some tweaks to get it good for me.

TheEditor
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys, I'm fully prepared to be tweaking for the rest of the day. I JUST WANT IT....LOL Oh its done downloading.....

Rattlehead
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Let us know what you think.

sg1221
04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
It took me several hours to download , but that was better than several weeks
waiting for the US release ;)

sg

JG14_Jagr
04-10-2011, 07:30 PM

The release was always listed at 4/26 everywhere except on STEAM.. I don't think its changed, I think STEAM finally woke up and changed their error..

JG14_Jagr
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys, I'm fully prepared to be tweaking for the rest of the day. I JUST WANT IT....LOL Oh its done downloading.....

Here is what I might suggest.. go to the Uk Yuplay site and buy about $15 worth of Yum money... then go to your steam account and create a new user name account with a different email address. Go to the Russian Yuplay site and buy the Russian version of the game with that Yum money you have and get the serial number.. log into your new STEAM acct and download the game and activate it and play it.. When the other version comes out you can download and play that..

I want to have both versions because I want to support the release, its almost free, and the Russian development path may end up being slightly different because they are not handicapped by Ubi.

Thats what I might do :) But your mileage may vary

ElAurens
04-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Downloading from Just Flight now...

:cool:

beazil
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I know in the long run it won't matter, but this waiting just because of my location blows. I don't feel like paying twice for the game, and I don't even know if I can transfer my key after the fact (I'd purchase if I could "gift" one of my keys....

Bloody annoying.

JG14_Jagr
04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
I know in the long run it won't matter, but this waiting just because of my location blows. I don't feel like paying twice for the game, and I don't even know if I can transfer my key after the fact (I'd purchase if I could "gift" one of my keys....

Bloody annoying.

The other option is you pay 14.99 for the Russian version and get the US version later.. you get to play now, for short money and you end up with both versions.. I suspect the Russian version will get some very cool development on its own that may never be available for the US version..

And, by buying 2 versions you are supporting the Sim's future development.

CH_RoadDogg
04-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Direct2drive and Amazon have had that date for weeks.

CH_RoadDogg
04-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Downloading from Just Flight now...

I bought mine there and downloaded through Stem there servers were faster for the download.

JG52Uther
04-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the madhouse... ;)

beazil
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
The other option is you pay 14.99 for the Russian version and get the US version later.. you get to play now, for short money and you end up with both versions.. I suspect the Russian version will get some very cool development on its own that may never be available for the US version..

I was under the impression that the "Russian" version was zone specific. I'm also not very interested in fumbling my way through russian screens, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion though. I realize you can't please all people, but I do thank you for trying. :)

fruitbat
04-10-2011, 09:51 PM
I was under the impression that the "Russian" version was zone specific. I'm also not very interested in fumbling my way through russian screens, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion though. I realize you can't please all people, but I do thank you for trying. :)

its really easy to turn the russian into english.

beazil
04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
1) how please?

2) There is a thread in the activation forum regarding problems using the russian version or something... cautioning people about it.... one sec - will grab the link...http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19735

that's it. I'll have to read a bit more on it myself, but please, continue to tell me how I can purchase the russian version and not have it screw up the final version for me...

Yes I know, it sounds like I'm being sarcastic. I'm not. I'd love to play now, but I'm worried about the reprocussions.

fruitbat
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
pm sent

Skiiwa
04-10-2011, 11:20 PM

THIS is EXACTLY why I got the Russian version! I wanted to give them a little extra money and it gave me a sneak peak! To bad it dont run but as much fun as ive had outa IL2 1946, I could give a rip! It will RUN SOMEDAY!!!!!, and thats good enough for me!

Actually it does run, and my framerate is good, its just the shading and textures and shadows are all porked...

luthier
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone,

The state of the game, or steam especially, have absolutely nothing to do with the release date.

I believe this is due to the fact that we were having some issues with our ESRB submission, and the game could not go into print until they were resolved. And the US street date for boxed copies is tied into the online release date for steam.

I'll see if it'd be possible to push the steam release date for US forward since the game's been available elsewhere for some time, but it's not up to me at all.

I do apologize to everyone affected. The last thing we need is to have more unhappy fans!

beazil
04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Don't sweat it Luthier! I'm not blaming you at all for the release date stuff, and I doubt anyone here is. It's just an annoying issue - not something that's going to prevent us in N.A. from purchasing. I think it says something that so many of us are willing to develop strategies for being able to play "early".

I think we know it has nothing to do with you or your team. But thanks for your comments and offer to assist. Just the spirit of the comment is well taken. Thank you.

CBA_Bludawg
04-10-2011, 11:35 PM
go here guys read my post, mine is working i live in usa

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21123

Skiiwa
04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the link somone dropped in here!! Now my russian version is all english! :D

TheEditor
04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
got mine from just fight. It seems to be the easiest. Just buy from website, get the game key, then put into steam. Steam downloads it fast then cry when nothing in the game works right...:rolleyes:

I know the info scadered everywere on the forum but what can I do to get more then 15 fps? Or what can I do with my spec to run this game! Or we just waiting on a patch at this point?

Ibis
04-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Its funny....Its ok to put out a broken game to Russia and Europe but not the USA...lol

Well maybe they'll patch the game some more between now and the 26th.
----------------------------------------------------------

Well they probably know the US penchant for suing at the drop of a hat so gave it to a more placid bunch to try to bring it up to a respectable level.
Wouldn't do for a class action job would it.;)
cheers,
Ibis.

TheEditor
04-11-2011, 12:37 AM
----------------------------------------------------------

Well they probably know the US penchant for suing at the drop of a hat so gave it to a more placid bunch to try to bring it up to a respectable level.
Wouldn't do for a class action job would it.;)
cheers,
Ibis.

yeah you could be right...lol

SQB
04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
depends on your connection took me about an hour with the crap internet i have i only avg about 800kbs download though :)

woa, 800kb/s and you call that crap!? What on earth is considered good over in the US of A???

(in Australia here I believe the average is around 300kb/s, most of us get under 100 for most of the time.

Tiger27
04-11-2011, 02:16 AM

What is up with this?

What does Steam have to do with release date, so far Steam is working fine with the game.

Tiger27
04-11-2011, 02:21 AM
got mine from just fight. It seems to be the easiest. Just buy from website, get the game key, then put into steam. Steam downloads it fast then cry when nothing in the game works right...:rolleyes:

I know the info scadered everywere on the forum but what can I do to get more then 15 fps? Or what can I do with my spec to run this game! Or we just waiting on a patch at this point?

First thing is make sure the game is patched, should happen automatically through steam, also in your preferences in Steam turn off cloud saving as this will then allow you to adjust config.ini's etc then go and apply the best fix which a user discovered and you should see much better fps, I am getting 40fps in 6 v 6 df's over the sea with an 8800gt settings medium to high, although I do need grass and shadows off.

The user made fix is here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265101/Performance_improvement_mod_s_.html#Post3265101

so far it seems to be making a big difference to performance, it gave me an extra 20+ fps, and even over London it ios reasonably flyable on my low end GPU.

Good Luck

ATAG_Doc
04-11-2011, 03:48 AM

Oh of course!