PDA

View Full Version : Issues

jf1981
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
My observations updated april 10, 2011 at 1930Z
Game version 1.0.13954
OS Windows 7-64, hardware AMD Phenom, RAM 4 Gb, NVidia GTX260 512 Mb

As legend I'll note + for new items, - for items solved and * for items changed, when updating that topic with new problems, or when some of them are changed or solved after a patch.

[A] Spitfire

(1) Powerplant

* The engine constantly cut the power for very short times at high altitude, there is as far as I cound search, no way to get a smoothly running engine in straight & level fly at high altitude (above approx 9,000 ft). Below that alt it works properly., I did'nt fly straight & level yet, so I can't say.
NB There is a post saying that this is an issue with the G load model (motors which do not support negative G) and that this should be patched.

(2) IFR / VFR

Following flight instruments - compass and artifical horizon - both gave wrong information (actually, artificial horizon started to be shifted from few degrees after playing for a while). The compass seemed to point North at spawn, even if the plane went in another direction, (presently south) which meant that all over a game, the direction will be shifted from N to S.

Garmin 1000 in option is missing.

(3) Controls

Control are late compared to joystick position (late by few hunderd of ms, which begins to be too much in particular for short & fast maneuvers with light planes such as 109E and Spit I/II)

+ Lost control (frozen in their position) for : pitch, mixture, power. Those functions simply did'nt react to input (keyboard & axis input), I had to try various tricks before some but not all of them came back, but they have gone again after a while. Can't figure out which particular event brought this situation.

(4) Guns

No gun tracers

(5) Graphics

Mirror image is wrong

Gun viewfinder Ctrl+F1 view suddently moves on the side without particular reason

Head moves too much according to me when doing maneuvers and tends to make it very difficult, almost impossible, to stay in front of the gunsight. In particular, the banking of the head looks a bit exagerated and lasts a bit too long.

Frame rate gets very low at times, GPU seems to be worging hard in particular above water (heats much more than above earth but frame rate very high above water)

(6) Decorations

Trees are collsionless