PDA

View Full Version : Spawnpoints.

doghous3
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Just some info. I wondered how many spawnpoints are available at an airfield.

What I did was create, press esc, create, etc (whilst running a server in-game). This is using one spawn point as defined in the FMB with spawn# times at 1..

I didn't hit a limit, so don't know exact figure. AI obviously takes over the exited planes. AI clearly do not take a spot on the server as I had it set to 16. Also raises an issue, that some players could grief doing this. Hopefully a workaround can be gathered to address this.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8815/spawnsl.png (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/spawnsl.png/)

Good news though, meaning for 128 style server's, shan't have to worry too much about setting up a lot of airfields, although having more than one is most probably wise. :)

LeadFarmer
04-11-2011, 01:10 AM
You can set spawn to 1 so that noone spawns more than one plane at a time.
There is also an option to disable group spawns but I dont really know how that works. I think ill enable 2 spawns per player that way you can have AI wingman for you journey over the channel:grin:

Thee_oddball
04-11-2011, 01:39 AM
You can set spawn to 1 so that noone spawns more than one plane at a time.
There is also an option to disable group spawns but I dont really know how that works. I think ill enable 2 spawns per player that way you can have AI wingman for you journey over the channel:grin:
if you disable group spawns you wil have no spawn points :)

now if you disallow "changing planes" this will force the pilot to fly waht he chose till destroyed...the problem being if the plane is not destroyed he will have to leave the server and rejoin :(

p.s the more AI the more stress on the server

doghous3
04-11-2011, 07:04 AM
That was with spawn# set to 1. But maybe that was it, the realism option which allows you to switch planes.

I more with not allowing players to have extra AI, except bomber spawns and maybe bomb objectives such as a convoy (if indeed AI control those).