PDA

View Full Version : Turrets don't work on most bombers

xnomad
04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
I got no joy asking this in the technical thread section (33 views and no replies) so copied it here:

The turrets and iron sight view on most bombers don't work for me.
Is this a known bug, something broken by the patch, or am I doing something seriously wrong? I searched for 'turret' but didn't see a thread talking about this.

I only just started messing with the gunner positions today. The He-111 tail turret seems to work fine, I can go into gunsight mode, use my joystick to yaw and pitch the gun and I can move the turret/mount with arrow keys.

However, I can't do the same with the tail/turret gunners on the Blenheim and Ju-88. I also can't use the other postions in gunsight mode in these aircraft as well as the others on the Heinkel.

xnomad
04-10-2011, 07:18 AM
My God, 100+ views on two threads and no answer?! :confused:

Do you guys play this game or not?
Someone must have something to say about this, has anyone even tried the gunner positions???

Pick one of the below:

1. They are fine for me and you have a problem or are doing something wrong.
2. Yes they are broken for me too.
3. Yes they are broken but this has been raised before.
4. I don't care I'm only on this forum to whine about terrain colour etc.

dougandtoni
04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Try Shift + F1

xnomad
04-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Shift F1 wasn't it but it turns out that I had a conflict mapping for gunsight view (in turret) and loosen shoulder straps. Even though remapping them yesterday didn't work, but I had all sorts of problems with my key configs, they kept getting deleted by Steam Cloud. It works now. I still couldn't get the Blenheim turret to work, but it appears it only works when you have taken off.

:grin: Why couldn't someone just tell me it works for them....? Nevertheless there's a bug with the key assignments here though. 1 they don't always warn of a conflict when it matters, and 2 changing them doesn't seem to fix the issue until you restart the game.

@.@
04-10-2011, 08:53 AM
The controls for turrets are inverted for me, very annoying.

Art-J
04-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, I cannot give practital advice, because the game's not running on my old pre-upgrade rig, but I recall reading somethning in the manual about some turrets having two positions (for cruise flight and firing). Maybe you were trying to use the turret when you did not "unlock" it to firing position?

Cheers.

mcler002
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
i think art-j is right, plus i remember having a go and i had to use two controls.... mouse for gun and keys to actually move the turrent... couldnt do both at the same time

wobblyone
04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I use Ctrl C to cycle to gunners position, then Ctrl O to activate the turret. Then Shift F1 to loosen straps, then F10 to move gun with the mouse.
But I still cannot fire the gun. Tried everything in all aircraft.

5./JG27 Lehmann
04-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm having a few issues with gunner positions too.

A. Cannot move the gun and fire it at the same time, the gun stops moving when I click to fire.

B. Incredibly counter-intuitive inverted up-down controls using the mouse (with F10) which I can't work out how to reverse :(

Chips86
04-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Whenever i try and use a turret it will never shift from the pilot position...I use ctrl+c but my position never changes...what am i doing wrong?

Babi
04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Whenever i try and use a turret it will never shift from the pilot position...I use ctrl+c but my position never changes...what am i doing wrong?

look for "next manned position" in the controls. don't remember what is the default command.

I'm having trouble with the inverted mouse and the fact that i cant rotate the turret/machinegun and fire at the same time. Someone knows the solution?

superman
04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Chips 86

You have to allow position changes in realism settings. Took me a while to figure that one out :-)

Chips86
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Chips 86

You have to allow position changes in realism settings. Took me a while to figure that one out :-)

Brilliant, thank you, this has been bugging me for a while..

SQB
04-11-2011, 12:55 AM
The controls for turrets are inverted for me, very annoying.

+1