PDA

View Full Version : Going to Installing Windows 7 Home Premium

AARPRazorbacks
04-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Going to Installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64bit.

Will/should this help the FPS and be able to see the grass and holes in the glass from enemy gun fire in CoD?

I asked this on the Technical threads got no answer or comment.

I hope I do here.

thanks

flyer01

Ailantd
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I don´t know if that will be fix your game, but I recommend you to install 64 bits version.

nearmiss
04-09-2011, 09:51 PM
What are your system specs?

By posting your system specs with your questions you make it easier for people that "CAN HELP" provide help without asking alot of questions.

Questions like yours cannot be answered best, if certain qualifications aren't met within your system.

AARPRazorbacks
04-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I don´t know if that will be fix your game, but I recommend you to install 64 bits version.

CoD is playing on my XP. video in xp ------http://www.vimeo.com/22136727

Some things are not showing in the sim that only 64 bit with dx10 shows and was made for.

I have the 32/64 bit vision. I'm going to install on a different HD then the XP.

There are flight sim's that look best in XP dx9.

I have CFS3 with all the Expansion ,FSX and OFF ph2. I enjoy all of them.

There is a group called the Grounhogs that some of you have heard of that have taken CFS3 and make very good Expansions.

If CoD works out thy could do the same with this sim. I'm a member of the Groundhogs but I only do beta testing and video.

Thy have been looking for the next WWII flight sim to make as good as possible.

I think this could be what thy are looking for if it is not to hard on the PC with big money up grades for the people that fly the sim. But this is the next generation sim.

I'v looked into FSX to try and make WWII sim for them to work with. And now CoD. Yes, I'm the try and see guy.

I will tell you the Groundhogs are masters at flight sims.

And if thy are able to work with CoD like thy did CFS3 this will become the best WWII flight sim to date.

flyer01

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Sauf
04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Il-2 1946?

burlaff
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I switched from XP to 7 home premium, having had CoD installed on both OS's. It did fix some things, like some wierd texture bugs when running the game with forests, but it didn't change drastically. I was expecting to be able to display self shadowing, anti-aliasing and proper grass, but I get none of those options, even on windows 7, with the exception of grass, which I get in a wierd low resolution texture, sparsley populated form.

Capt Backasswards
04-10-2011, 02:23 AM
I've got a quad core processor and was running it on XP. DX 9 and Win XP didn't cut it. I bought Win 7 and it made a HUGH difference.

AARPRazorbacks
04-10-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm 1 hr and some change (pun intended) from having Windows 7 Home Premium down loaded and ready to put on dvd to install.

I'v never made a duel boot before as to have two OS on one HD. This is the why I'm going to do this.

This may help some others if thy have XP and want to put Windows 7 32/64bit on the same HD.

Thank you for your comments.

flyer01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yINqnhncF4&feature=related

nearmiss
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Google your question. This is not a best microsoft support forums, and basically the answer can't be explain in a few lines.

I use the Window 7 forums when I'm looking to fix my 7 installation.

Good luck

Damixu
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
CoD is playing on my XP. video in xp ------http://www.vimeo.com/22136727

Some things are not showing in the sim that only 64 bit with dx10 shows and was made for.

I have the 32/64 bit vision. I'm going to install on a different HD then the XP.

There are flight sim's that look best in XP dx9.

I have CFS3 with all the Expansion ,FSX and OFF ph2. I enjoy all of them.

There is a group called the Grounhogs that some of you have heard of that have taken CFS3 and make very good Expansions.

If CoD works out thy could do the same with this sim. I'm a member of the Groundhogs but I only do beta testing and video.

Thy have been looking for the next WWII flight sim to make as good as possible.

I think this could be what thy are looking for if it is not to hard on the PC with big money up grades for the people that fly the sim. But this is the next generation sim.

I'v looked into FSX to try and make WWII sim for them to work with. And now CoD. Yes, I'm the try and see guy.

I will tell you the Groundhogs are masters at flight sims.

And if thy are able to work with CoD like thy did CFS3 this will become the best WWII flight sim to date.

flyer01

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

You should consider to get more RAM because 64-bit version can utilise more of that and definately 3GB RAM with Win7 + IL2COD is going to cause some diskswapping stutters, pauses and delays.