but everytime I "esc" out and click ( Record ) the game locks up and I have to
end it in the task manager. I searched the forums but didn't see anything on
this.
Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

sg

DrPepper
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I have the same problem and have not figured it out yet. I also cannot view tracks from other people that they have recorded, no option to browse after clicking select... :confused:

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Disable Visual Decoration.

This worked for me, except the setting was called "Disable Visual Themes".

sg1221
04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks DP !!!
It works for me too now :)

sg

plokkum
04-13-2011, 01:49 PM
It doesn't work here. Just hangs up or something. Whenever I strike a key, I hear a Windows 'ping' sound...

plokkum
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
It hasn't been fixed in the latest patch. Anyone else got the same problem? Or is there a console command to record, maybe?

Ataros
04-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Again. Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Visual Themes. Helped 15 people with the same issue.

BTW.
Whenever I strike a key, I hear a Windows 'ping' sound...
What key do you mean? There is no hotkey to start recording iirc. Just hit ESC and click the button with a mouse.

bluescreen2
04-19-2011, 08:41 AM
does not work for me neither :(

plokkum
04-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Sorry, just noticed the reply. I had visual themes disabled the whole time. No window appears when I click 'Record'. Nothing I do works, the game just freezes and I need to end it in the task manager.
The 'ping' sound occures when I hit any key.

b101uk
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
It don’t work for me neither (REC to .avi) it just lets me get as far as picking the .avi name then it CTD’s or locks up with a launcher.exe error requiring taskmgr to stop it running.

FYI: the themes service is disabled so aero is disabled and am in windows classic mode with all visual effects turned off so “visual themes” are irrelevant as they are disabled by default system wide anyway.

plokkum
04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
In my case it doesn't even show any window at all. It did once, the first time I tried to record about two weeks ago. But never since.

Ataros
04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
In Steam in game properties you can check if game files are OK. Option is called smth like "Check game cache/files"

Either files are broken or visual themes disabled somehow.

upd.
I had visual themes disabled the whole time.

This is the reason. Probably you did not read my previous message.