PDA

View Full Version : poll: How many people still can't start the game or play at all?

major_setback
04-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Just a simple poll to see how many of us (poor souls) still can't get the game to work at all.

RedToo
04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I can't get the game to load. But I'm not too depressed. In two weeks time I'll be building a new computer. If it won't load with the new one then I'll be depressed!

RedToo.

MadTommy
04-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow, this poll is really representative! Yes i'm being sarcastic.

How about an option for people who have had no issues with installing, no crashes, and get decent fps!

:mad:

(yes there are issues and parts that are incomplete, but if you ganna have a poll don't have its crap and its unplayable as the options)

major_setback
04-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow, this poll is really representative! Yes i'm being sarcastic.

How about an option for people who have had no issues with installing, no crashes, and get decent fps!

:mad:

(yes there are issues and parts that are incomplete, but if you ganna have a poll don't have its crap and its unplayable as the options)

I didn't say it's crap. I didn't say it's playing crap. Read it again. I said maybe not perfectly. Maybe!

If it's working OK then fine, this pole is to determine how many can't run the game at all. Lots of us can't.

Anyone who can get it to work at all is in an OK position as far as I'm concerned. I do not have the luxury even of being able to judge patch improvements (or lack of).

------

Reposting what I posted earlier here:

I can't even start the game.

I get a warning that my graphic driver stopped responding and has recovered, then it crashes to desktop as soon as I try to fly. I only get sounds.

I updated my graphics driver. I re-installed steam and CoD. I disable AVG antivirus. Nothing helps.

I found the old graphics driver was better (I got the game working 2 times only), so I have reverted to that. When it did work I did not get a message that the graphics driver stopped and recovered!!!

Now nothing helps, the game doesn't run at all.
I see the options and settings page, but not the pilot or planes in the viewer. And I can't run the game!!!!!

I (try to) run the game at 1024x resolution. Lowest settings for everything.

Pentium E5200
4GB DDR2
GeForce GT220 1024 MB
Vista Home Premium

Furio
04-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Actually it simply freeze the computer, forcing me to shut it off.

baronWastelan
04-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I guarantee it is your system, not the application. Start with RAM diagnostics by running MemTest86+ overnite (8 hrs). I know these problems from experience. Good luck!

Alien
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, I can't. But it may be because I will see my machine on monday first :D

jimbop
04-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Still not running, maybe because I'm waiting on the N.American release... ;)

Lol, good answer!

Ze-Jamz
04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I didnt even bother to read replys all i read was the options on the poll

i didnt answer them beacuse YES i can run the game but im not pleased, im far from pleased beacuse while people have got 40/50hrs plus of decent flying time ranting on about how epic this game is im putting up with worse game play/stutters/gfx problems/ and tearing more now then what i was before the patch, either of them!

but yes i have hope....just!

include a different option that isuspect reflects what alkot of people are thinking your get more reply..

tbh if they are lke me they didnt answer because the one that reflects nearest to my answer is well..... a million miles away from what i really want to say, i.e not happy

nearmiss
04-09-2011, 09:58 PM
When I see threads like this I ask myself... What in the world can be accomplished with this thread. I mean what will the results mean to anyone.

Are you a man or are you a woman?

Repond with Yes or No

Thanks for participating in our poll.

major_setback
04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
When I see threads like this I ask myself... What in the world can be accomplished with this thread. I mean what will the results mean to anyone.

Are you a man or are you a woman?

Repond with Yes or No

Thanks for participating in our poll.

And your reply is constructive?

What can be accomplished is this: We will see how many can't run the game.

There is every point to improving the game and reporting issues regarding that. Those are the issues that are being noticed. Luthier has not asked how many can't run the game, or for information on this issue. It is my feeling it has been overlooked, and the reason for that is that the extent of the problem is unknown.

This is the most important issue for some of us: that the game doesn't even run at all.

Is it an important issue or not? That depends on how many are affected (which will be seen by this poll).

Is that an invalid question? I can't see how it can't be.

There have been polls regarding game improvement with the patch.

I have seen at least 20 posts by people with this problem, they are in various places on the forum. Hopefully this will give some overview.

What can be accomplished by this thread? I think it is obvious; see my above statements.

Sometimes your logic baffles me.

MadTommy
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Pentium E5200
4GB DDR2
GeForce GT220 1024 MB
Vista Home Premium

Your graphics card is just too weak. Its a 3 year old budget card that clearly can't play this game. Don't be fooled by the 1GB memory.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+220

That combined with a weak cpu on Vista is a recipe for disaster.

It is not the game's issue, its an issue with your hardware. While i understand you may not have the funds or the desire to upgrade that is the only solution i can see for you. What is the actual point of this thread? To complain, moan, blame the game developers or to get help for your problem? What you should be asking is can anyone else play this game on a Gt 220.

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI® 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970

NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

The 8800 is superior to your card.

major_setback
04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Your graphics card is just too weak. Its a 3 year old budget card that clearly can't play this game. Don't be fooled by the 1GB memory.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+220

That combined with a weak cpu on Vista is a recipe for disaster.

It is not the game's issue, its an issue with your hardware. While i understand you may not have the funds or the desire to upgrade that is the only solution i can see for you. What is the actual point of this thread? To complain, moan, blame the game developers or to get help for your problem? What you should be asking is can anyone else play this game on a Gt 220.

The 8800 is far superior to your card.

That is not the issue. At least not the sole issue. Today after trying all evening I finally got the game to play again (third time only) and it runs OK. Not well, not good. Just OK.
I made no changes. It just happened to run.

I will upgrade my computer in a few months. I know it is not the best. The point is it can run on my machine, if I can just get it to start.

Today I flew with stutters over Dover, without a problem.

MadTommy
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Your card is significantly weaker the the slowest supported card!

That means you cannot expect the game to work! I'd suggest you acknowledge that, for your own sake.

Rather peeved
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
i find myself sticking to battles over the sea. it's still simply too frustrating to play over land. and even over the sea i have problems.

and i have a new high end machine.

so yes - significant problems still. bring on more patches.

major_setback
04-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Your card is significantly weaker the the slowest supported card!

That means you cannot expect the game to work! I'd suggest you acknowledge that, for your own sake.

Read my post. If I can get the game to start it works.

It worked today even with everything on medium settings (I would have had to exit the game to change them, so left them all in the middle).

I don't care if I can't play the game for another 6 months, I never expected to.
That is not my point. If it is a major issue with players it should be known.

nearmiss
04-10-2011, 12:09 AM
And your reply is constructive?

What can be accomplished is this: We will see how many can't run the game.

There is every point to improving the game and reporting issues regarding that. Those are the issues that are being noticed. Luthier has not asked how many can't run the game, or for information on this issue. It is my feeling it has been overlooked, and the reason for that is that the extent of the problem is unknown.

This is the most important issue for some of us: that the game doesn't even run at all.

Is it an important issue or not? That depends on how many are affected (which will be seen by this poll).

Is that an invalid question? I can't see how it can't be.

There have been polls regarding game improvement with the patch.

I have seen at least 20 posts by people with this problem, they are in various places on the forum. Hopefully this will give some overview.

What can be accomplished by this thread? I think it is obvious; see my above statements.

Sometimes your logic baffles me.

It's OK with me. There are many sticky postings with constructive responses.

Also, I was having a little fun with you. Read my posting again. If you answer Yes or No to my man and woman question.

The result would be the same, you would just as soon not ask the question because the answer wouldn't tell you anything.

ATAG_Dutch
04-10-2011, 12:21 AM
I get a warning that my graphic driver stopped responding and has recovered, then it crashes to desktop as soon as I try to fly. I only get sounds.

I updated my graphics driver. I found the old graphics driver was better (I got the game working 2 times only), so I have reverted to that. When it did work I did not get a message that the graphics driver stopped and recovered!!!

GeForce GT220 1024 MB

For what it's worth Major, I used to have one of these cards and it was continually crashing out on lots of different programmes, principally movie-maker.

Driver updates didn't help, so in the end I got a new card.

Think that may be the root of your prob. Sorry!

AARPRazorbacks
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
After the beta patch it ran better. With the officel patch it would ran but looked bad.
I reinstalled and it still looked bad.

I set the bits at 16 bit in XP that should be 32 bits. The sim still ran at 32 bit. after that I went back to 32 Bit and was ok.

It ran and played like it should. ????????????

That's what I did to get it to work.

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Getting ready to install W-7

major_setback
04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Bump

engarde
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Just a simple poll to see how many of us (poor souls) still can't get the game to work at all.

(remember Dynamix? Aces of the Pacific? bought it, off the shelf :)

hmmm bad choices for the poll, runs fine for me from first install.

No, really, it did. Boxed version. Photos available for non believers.

I turned down the ground detail, as i have for every flight sim ive EVER had due to the baggage it represents. I just dont care about the ground.

Im too fixed on the aircraft in the clouds.

I dont need the ground dragging my system down.

I have had a playable, if not completely perfect, game from day one.

system stats available to those that request, not private or anything, just i havent bothered so far, and they are NOTHING special.

I turn all useless shite off, every stupid gimmick microsoft expects me to pay for. I used to be a unix / linux admin so window crap does NOT impress me, and i wont tolerate stupid flashy worthless shit they keep telling me i need.

I run my machine on what it needs to support the games i start, everything else is rubbish.

So, in summary, i've had no troubles from day one.

JG3_Hartmann
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, I have to say mine´s running really good.

Over water 70 up to (sometimes) 90 fps, over land 40 to 70 (either if I´m sitting in the plane or watching it from outside) and over big cities like London between 20 and 40 fps.

And now please don´t hit me *gg*
I´ve been building a misison with about 100 planes and it is playable.

Wolf_Rider
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
*in general*

maybe some system specs would help?

install location?

installed as Administrator?

all related apps installed as Administrator, etc?

Triggaaar
04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Just a simple poll to see how many of us (poor souls) still can't get the game to work at all.Are you looking for a total number of people that can't run the game, or a percentage? Because if you're after a percentage, there's not poll option for those of us that are running the game without problems.

major_setback
04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Are you looking for a total number of people that can't run the game, or a percentage? Because if you're after a percentage, there's not poll option for those of us that are running the game without problems.

It's too late to change the poll, even if I could. 90 people already voted.

SQB
04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Game won't start, error message: Launcher has stopped working

running most recent patch on a:
q8400
HD6870 1gb
4gb Ram

was working before the patch, but it just... stopped working, not sure if it is due to the patch or if that was just a coincidence.

senseispcc
04-22-2011, 07:34 AM

It allways did run; now with the new patch it runs nearly perfectly. Only some simulation problems no game engine problems.

Mon77i
04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Doesn't work at all. All I can get is freezed half picture of sky and black screen under it. Nothing more.

I don't like this situation at all!

It is very close that i going to throw this game to trash bin! :evil:

E8400 3.00 GHz, 4 Gt RAM, Geforce 9800 GTX+ with new drivers and Vista 64-bit.

Ataros
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Doesn't work at all. All I can get is freezed half picture of sky and black screen under it. Nothing more.

I don't like this situation at all!

It is very close that i going to throw this game to trash bin! :evil:

E8400 3.00 GHz, 4 Gt RAM, Geforce 9800 GTX+ with new drivers and Vista 64-bit.

Check game files integrity in Steam game properties, reinstall .Net and directx, clear shaders cache in docs folder. Try reducing resolution to minimum first to isolate the problem.

There are plenty of solutions in Technical section of the forums.

Check a guide in my sig btw.

Ataros
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Game won't start, error message: Launcher has stopped working

running most recent patch on a:
q8400
HD6870 1gb
4gb Ram

was working before the patch, but it just... stopped working, not sure if it is due to the patch or if that was just a coincidence.

Check game files integrity in Steam game properties, clear shaders cache in docs folder. If it does not help then it is not a patch issue. Search forums for "Launcher has stopped working"