PDA

View Full Version : Placebo patch for high end PC's ?

StreetGang
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I read something about not seeing much of an improvement for higher end pc's in the patch notes, and if my PC were still considered high end then that's about right, I have not really noticed an improvement. Not that I'm complaining mind you, just relaying my experience. Can't wait till it's all smoothed out and solid like 1946 is currently. Here are my specs;

Mobo : Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU : I7 950 @ 3.07ghz
RAM : 6gb DDR3 Ram
Video : 2 x Gigabyte 470 GTX Super O/C 1.2gb ram each
Storage : Vertex 2 60gb SSD (il2 folder junctioned from D:\ to C:\, Steam is on D:\ )

I have settings at max, AA at 4x (don't notice AA at all) and buildings one below 'unlimited' running at 1920x1080 resolution.

I seem to get around 18-20 fps at it's lowest flying over lots of buildings, though when the fps jumps depending on where I'm looking I still get a lot of micro stutters, which is disappointing considering the system. All I can hope for is a steady stream of patches that don't take too long to make :)

Btw the game really does look amazing at ground level, but I hope some of the ground colours aren't final, they look a bit bright/washed out.

IbnSolmyr
04-09-2011, 05:47 PM
No real improve for me too..

senseispcc
04-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I lost a little flight confort with the official patch. Now I get some micro frezes over a big city. I did better with the "beta" patch. I still find this game the perfect followup from IL2 1946. Better graphics, better AI and better background realism. :-*
The only thing that did improve is to modify the setting "building detail" from very high to high or medium.

Win7 x64
Asus p6x58d
I7 975 3.75Ghz
System & game HDD 256Gb 10.000rpm.
12 Gb (6*2Gb) ddr3 1333Mhz memory
Geforce gtx580 1.5Gb
Trackir 5
Saitek X52

Oldschool61
04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I read something about not seeing much of an improvement for higher end pc's in the patch notes, and if my PC were still considered high end then that's about right, I have not really noticed an improvement. Not that I'm complaining mind you, just relaying my experience. Can't wait till it's all smoothed out and solid like 1946 is currently. Here are my specs;

Mobo : Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU : I7 950 @ 3.07ghz
RAM : 6gb DDR3 Ram
Video : 2 x Gigabyte 470 GTX Super O/C 1.2gb ram each
Storage : Vertex 2 60gb SSD (il2 folder junctioned from D:\ to C:\, Steam is on D:\ )

I have settings at max, AA at 4x (don't notice AA at all) and buildings one below 'unlimited' running at 1920x1080 resolution.

I seem to get around 18-20 fps at it's lowest flying over lots of buildings, though when the fps jumps depending on where I'm looking I still get a lot of micro stutters, which is disappointing considering the system. All I can hope for is a steady stream of patches that don't take too long to make :)

Btw the game really does look amazing at ground level, but I hope some of the ground colours aren't final, they look a bit bright/washed out.

Lower your resolution to something reasonable like 1400 ish x 700 ish and dont use AA You may actually double your FPS

Wynthorpe
04-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Lower your resolution to something reasonable like 1400 ish x 700 ish and dont use AA You may actually double your FPS

Why lower your resolution from anythign thats not native to the monitor? Things start to look funny (kinds blurry) if i do that with my monitors.

DrPepper
04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I have a high-end pc and the patch improved the game for me, I still have some stutters though.

Here is my latest test vid, if you jump to about 2:15 you can see some nice ground scenery and the little bit of stuttering I have. Still it did not affect my playing though. Was recorded during play (1920x1080).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_vOXoSmU84

Settings - Everything set to max it can go
1920x1080
Roads / Grass - Off
Shadows - On/Off on some clips.

i7-2600k
16 gb ram
gtx580 1.5gb
game installed on SSD

Oldschool61
04-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Why lower your resolution from anythign thats not native to the monitor? Things start to look funny (kinds blurry) if i do that with my monitors.

Because it doesnt get good fps at such high resolutions currently!! keep the aspect ratio the same 16:9 and it shouldnt look funny try 1280x720 or around there. You should see a significant fps increase. And dont use AA unless you can maintain >50 fps. AA at 4x will lower your fps by almost 40-50%

lbuchele
04-10-2011, 01:07 AM
I have a high-end pc and the patch improved the game for me, I still have some stutters though.

Here is my latest test vid, if you jump to about 2:15 you can see some nice ground scenery and the little bit of stuttering I have. Still it did not affect my playing though. Was recorded during play (1920x1080).

Settings - Everything set to max it can go
1920x1080
Roads / Grass - Off
Shadows - On/Off on some clips.

i7-2600k
16 gb ram
gtx580 1.5gb
game installed on SSD

Hi,mate.Could you post your video settings over cities and over water?

StreetGang
04-10-2011, 02:27 AM
I did a reinstall of windows last night and it seems to have helped a fair bit, though no luck with turning off Anti-aliasing, I don't notice an improvement.

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi,mate.Could you post your video settings over cities and over water?

Do you mean my .ini file?

For the video settings I had everything at the max it could go in the options screen but had roads/grass disabled and in some cases in the video shadows were disabled as well, but not always as I was fooling around with it at the time.

As far as over cities and water I use the same video settings.

Skoshi Tiger
04-10-2011, 03:29 AM

Considering the think that the developers recomend is reducing your building to get high framerates your probably doing fairly good.
Before release the developers kept on saying a hi end machine will be running on medium settings at release.

Cheers!

335th_GRAthos
04-10-2011, 05:32 AM
I read something about not seeing much of an improvement for higher end pc's in the patch notes, and if my PC were still considered high end then that's about right

If you want to run this game with unlimited buildings then I am afraid your PC is not "High End" enough for this kind of expectations! Your PC in a few years, maybe.

As far as the resolution is concerned, try first to play the game in Window mode (with settings set to medium exect model=high, damage=high) and get a feeling about it.

Your PC is high enough and should not be having problems.

~S~

Tiger27
04-10-2011, 05:57 AM
If you want to run this game with unlimited buildings then I am afraid your PC is not "High End" enough for this kind of expectations! Your PC in a few years, maybe.

As far as the resolution is concerned, try first to play the game in Window mode (with settings set to medium exect model=high, damage=high) and get a feeling about it.

Your PC is high enough and should not be having problems.

~S~
Actually, unlimited buildings has no impact on my fps, I have a I7 920 and an 8800gt 512k, a few others have found the same, shadows are a big problem though

nullack
04-11-2011, 03:30 AM
This software is a piece of crap at current build versions

The multicore CPU coding is very poor

The multicore GPU coding is very poor

I dont see any cool DX11 features like tesselation in there either

The patch did next to nothing for me. The real patch worthy of being released is one that fixes SLI and one that improves multicore utilisation.

The engine itself isnt all that great and I guess it wont be until the next major release that we will see stuff like tesselation being used to good effect

My system has 16 logical processors at 4GHz each and I have three GTX 480s in SLI.

Skoshi Tiger
04-11-2011, 06:02 AM
This software is a piece of crap at current build versions

Way too subjective a statement, it doesn't actually say anything and people will start calling you a troll if you start off posts like that.

The multicore CPU coding is very poor

All my cores are being used with one being close to 100%

The multicore GPU coding is very poor

I dont see any cool DX11 features like tesselation in there either

You really should read the development updates.

The patch did next to nothing for me. The real patch worthy of being released is one that fixes SLI and one that improves multicore utilisation.

The engine itself isnt all that great and I guess it wont be until the next major release that we will see stuff like tesselation being used to good effect

My system has 16 logical processors at 4GHz each and I have three GTX 480s in SLI.

In the deveopment updates they actually state that SLI has issues and can actually lead to reduced performance at the moment so maybe you should disable SLI in this application till it gets patched.

My system is nowhere near as powerful as your and since the updates it's cleared up a lot of issues and is running as good as ROF and DCS:A10

Little details make this sim one of the best I have ever played, It's fun and immersive.

With continued patching and resolution of peoples issues it's going to be the best.

Cheers and hope your problems get resolved!

Ataros
04-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Those who still have stutters try putting Buildings to Unlimited (w. low detail) or my settings below.

Do not complain if you did not put shadows to low or off ))

Wolf_Rider
04-14-2011, 01:38 AM

I had a looksee last night using the Fullscreen option unchecked (ie running @ a windowed 1024 x 768)

frame rate tripled and in some cases 5 x increase.
stutters were virtually non-existent on the second run through the same Quick Mission.

downside is a 1024 x 768 (4:3 ratio) window in the top left corner of a 1920 x 1080 desktop

StreetGang
04-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Any chance it'd run better in windowed mode as opposed to full screen ?

Oldschool61
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Any chance it'd run better in windowed mode as opposed to full screen ?

Read the post above you. YES it will run better. I dont thing you need windowed mode maybe just lower resolution in game settings to 1024 x768 or 1440 x 760 I think it is. Report back with your results. And leave settings on high.

Oldschool61
04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I had a looksee last night using the Fullscreen option unchecked (ie running @ a windowed 1024 x 768)

frame rate tripled and in some cases 5 x increase.
stutters were virtually non-existent on the second run through the same Quick Mission.

downside is a 1024 x 768 (4:3 ratio) window in the top left corner of a 1920 x 1080 desktop

Do you have all details set to high like buildings, trees etc etc.. those screens look pretty good. What you get over london like that with all things on high.