PDA

View Full Version : how to convert trk.files in game?

David198502
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
hey guys!
i just tried to convert a track in game, to be able to open it for example with windows media player.so i started a track and clicked on record.then a window pops up with several options how to convert it.
every option i take,leads to a game crash.:confused:

senseispcc
04-09-2011, 02:03 PM
I just did it.

First you produce a trk file then you go into the extra/track menu of the game. In the middle of this screem after choosing your track you see avi recorder and tryite the most important part is to choose the right codec. I did shoose "intel video1" and push start record, the game record, then you push "esc" to finish the recording.

I am not very good at explaining but I hope it shall help.

oxygenthief
04-09-2011, 06:34 PM
alternatively there is third party programs im sure you are aware of, fraps, xfires built in video, and a search for alternatives to fraps in your search engine yields any number of possibles, but in the end i bought a fraps license

b101uk
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
hey guys!
i just tried to convert a track in game, to be able to open it for example with windows media player.so i started a track and clicked on record.then a window pops up with several options how to convert it.
every option i take,leads to a game crash.:confused:

I get the same crash with Launcher.exe when trying to record to .avi function, it lets me get as far as naming the .avi then when save is pressed Launcher.exe has an error and wants to close, I am guessing what should happen is when you press save you get to pick the codec for the .avi container but it doesn’t get that far for me.

Good job I have fraps, but that then needs further processing if you wish to upload to places as the fraps video codec is virtually uncompressed so naturally leads to a large file size.

I don’t suppose anyone who has had luck recording to .avi using the IL2-CoD .trk record to .avi function could have a look in there IL2-CoD conf files to see if they now have a section added to one that says the codec used and save setting for .avi that could be copied.