PDA

View Full Version : MP Lobby still not working?

Hecke
04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello,

Luthier wrote in the patch log that they fixed the MP filter.
But I don't see any servers.

Is it just me or is it still not fixed?

baffa
04-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Choose internet in the filter (default is lan) if you missed that and grab a beer, go to the toilet, make some food, go to the store or something else ;)

It works but it's really slow for some reason.

If it still doesn't "work" it might be the fact that no servers is up for the moment, it's a bit unstable unfortunatly so the servers have a tendency to crash.

Buzpilot
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello,

Luthier wrote in the patch log that they fixed the MP filter.
But I don't see any servers.

Is it just me or is it still not fixed?

I played a couple hours yesterday online, but there was only 1 server on the list, took minutes to show up.
And the ping seem to show too high, always less than 100 in europe, unless lobby is outside europe:confused:

ElAurens
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
We need Hyper Lobby support, and we need it yesterday.

I'm currently on comms listening to my squad mates trying to connect online.

Nothing works.

They cannot start their own servers, they cannot connect via direct IP, they all see different servers in the lobby and all time out when trying to join.

Ummmm....

Hello, is this thing on?

Thee_oddball
04-10-2011, 02:44 AM
We need Hyper Lobby support, and we need it yesterday.

I'm currently on comms listening to my squad mates trying to connect online.

Nothing works.

They cannot start their own servers, they cannot connect via direct IP, they all see different servers in the lobby and all time out when trying to join.

Ummmm....

Hello, is this thing on?

all i see is 1 server...and when i join it i cannot spawn :(...I can not even test my DF maps...

i smell cheese...i know if i keep running through these corridors ill find it....anyone like to try some extra sharp Betatester..

LeLv30_Finwolf
04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I've run servers (for my own squadron) successfully for a about week now. The thing is, that you CAN'T join from Steam - as it's bugged, but if you go in to game, and then connect with DIRECT CONNECT and IP - you can join.

We've had fun and mostly no probplems, but there's few odd things that has happened.

1. Sometimes person leaves the server and then tries to rejoin - he can't. Sometimes, restarting launcher and retrying works, other times even that doesn't work. Sometimes works if server stops battle and restarts game and server.

2. Yesterday we had few times weird thing happen - where all players (except server) got timed out - this while no other signs of bad connection is detected (server still had normal connection, with web and teamspeak, but people can't connect and those who had connected timeout). Before this pings were normal. I failed to find out the reason for this to happen, but it did happen only few times, and the rest of the evening everything worked fine.

BTW:
The MP lobby ingame is a bit meh - so here's a quick rundown how to do it (tried to make a video, but fraps didn't capture any of the dropdowns and also the colors were warped).

After you joined the server (multiplayer - client - direct connect (add Ip of host and port), you get a basic lobbyview.

1. Select army from top left corner

2. Then find a spawnpoint (you can right-click on the map to disable airfields and it should be easier to find the spawnpoint (btw - who decided that it's a good idea to put a white AF on a white backgroundmap, and white gridlines and white letters on the grid... you can't find s**t in that, any devs reading, please change to colors pls).

3. After finding the spawnarea, click (or double-click as some need to do that) to select it. When selected theres a red circle around that spawnarea and a selection come to the right hand side of the window.

4. From selection area - select plane and the otherstuff.
4b. Note: if in FMB theres but available to spawn more than 1 plane you can do so by changing the number on the "FLIGHT" dropdowns (btw - good job testers to find the obvious mistake, as there is 2x Flight 3 and no Flight 4.)
If you spawn more than 1 plane, the rest will be spawned in AI control as your wingmen.

5. After selecting the plane and setting it up press "Create" from that selection area (scroll down if needed). You will now spawn in the spawnarea in the selected plane.

You can hit ESC to get back in the lobby and create more planes if you want. The other planes will automatically be taken over by AI.

You can also selected already spawned plane (AI or humancontrolled) and then enter it (if there's room). In human controlled single-seat, there's no room, but you can take over an AI controlled single-seat as pilot any time (if server options allow it) or you can enter a human controlled bomber as a tail-gunner or a bomber or what ever.

- Finwolf -

Antmano
04-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Friend noticed that after renaming the ubisoft intro file he couldnt anymore see servers in steam.
I tried it but can still see servers. So no problem there.