PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit rendering slow

davedontmind
04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
It seems to me that rendering the cockpit gives a high penalty to performance.

I go from ~30fps to double that at nearly 60fps simply by turning off the cockpit (ctrl-F1).

Which is a shame, because the cockpits are works of art in themselves, but I'd rather have playable than pretty.

Eyefinity mode is still pretty much a no-go, though. I go from 14fps to 18fps by disabling the cockpit, and then the dials are displayed far too big, many of them off screen, so this mode is pretty unplayable.

This is the only game I have that has severe performance problems on this relatively high spec machine (i7 950, 6GB RAM, 1GB ATI 5870). Everything else i have flies, even in 3 monitor Eyefinity mode. Surely there must be some way to make it playable in Eyefinity mode - even turning most things down low I get really poor framerates.

Jones11C
04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Dude, I have a Core i7 920, GTX 280, 18 gigs of RAM..... The machine is over two years old, but still has some pretty good muscle. Even with all the details set to low, I still get framerate issues. Graphics set to max? Forget it. On my performance page, I've got one core working hard, and all the others not doing much. I don't get it.

Still, love 1C.