PDA

View Full Version : Bombing with 109 E-3/b

Geronimo989
04-09-2011, 08:41 AM
In short: How do you get your bomb to explode? I drop it and it just falls and nothing happens. I tried with master switch both on and off (Ctrl+W) with the same result.

Geronimo989
04-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Does anyone know? Now I tried the stuka and the same thing happens, I arm the bombs, drop them, and they just don't explode... What am I doing wrong?

sfmadmax
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm wondering if this is in fact bugged. So i gave up on the bombing until the next patch. I've brought this up in other threads but got nothing but crickets.

Fragal
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Try from a higher altitude, i think they need a bit of time to arm themselves while in freefall
can get them to work from higher up but low level drops i get the same a drop but no boom.
probably something to do with detonator settings but i can't figure em out just so confusing.

DrPepper
04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
So they arm themselves while in freefall only? But once they hit the ground not-exploded they aren't able to arm themselves?

I remember seeing a COD video once where the bomb was dropped on the ground and it didn't explode till about 3 seconds after hitting the ground. So you would think they could arm themselves on the ground as well :confused:

I'm kinda confused about these bombs as well.

Avimimus
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
In the arming screen there should be a section where you can select the fuse type (I think).

JG53Frankyboy
04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
the whole fuze (complex bombing) needs more explanation. Just to mention in the Manual that it is "difficult/hard to use" is not enough !

Fragal
04-13-2011, 03:54 PM
In the arming screen there should be a section where you can select the fuse type (I think).

it's just a slider and a drop down with .558s or something along those lines (it might be arming time not 100% sure)
and the slider just has a 0 to 1 or 0 to 4 depending on the bomb type (for the sc50's just 0 and 1) and no other explanation.
Needs more documentation :(

justme262
04-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I've had some success level bombing with the Ju88 after I mapped all the bombing controls to keys. they do explode now but I think I had to select bomb bay, select salvo quantity, choose salve drop delay,arm bombs...ect. I bound all the controls and used them all so I not sure which ones where the important ones.

sfmadmax
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I've had some success level bombing with the Ju88 after I mapped all the bombing controls to keys. they do explode now but I think I had to select bomb bay, select salvo quantity, choose salve drop delay,arm bombs...ect. I bound all the controls and used them all so I not sure which ones where the important ones.

Hey Justme,

If you could post a process step by step it would be much appreciated :p

Mabye a vid too :-P

Sauf
04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Still no luck with the E3-B, just spent 45 mins in FMB dropping from different hieghts and trying different detonator settings, dived, skipped even armed one then dropped it on the runway while taxing but cant get the buggers to go BOOM!

For now I'm just gonna open the canopy window and throw rubber chickens on England till someone smarter than me comes along.

meplay
04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I managed to get a set to explode, i was on Island of Doom map above the runway that is raised up....i set my detonators to them 14 sec 1s, but with slidder at the bottom, i dropped 2 from 1000m above that field and as i roled out and over to drop another 2 i seen it explode, prob took like 5-6 secs, but that is the only time ive managed to do it :(

Eklund89
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
i got the 50 bombs from the 109 to explode when i fly at higher altitude, pretty slow and level. then the bombs explode on impact when i have the c50 setting detonation.