PDA

View Full Version : Radio Chatter text box

Bullit
04-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry if this has been answered else where but I have managed to delete the radio chatter text box in game whilst experimenting with alt click, can anyone tell me how to reactivate it so I can read the radio messages Iam getting because this chatter is very hard to make out due to it's clarity, thank you in advance.

Blackdog_kt
04-09-2011, 06:40 PM
First, enable the clickable interface if you don't see a mouse cursor on-screen, the default key to do this is F10.

Then, right click and select "create new info window".

Alt-click on this window to bring it into focus, then right click and select "customize".

You will see three columns of options. The right-most column is a list of all the different stuff the interface can display. The middle column is a list of the displays enabled for this window. To add information to the window select an option from the right-most column and add it to the middle column by clicking on the arrow-shaped buttons (in your case, the radio chatter.)

The left-most column is a list of extra options for each component that is already included in the window.In order to manipulate these, you first click on an item in the middle column (aka your list of included items for the info window) and you'll see the options change in the left-hand column.

In your case, you need to
1) click on the radio chatter option in the right-hand column and add it to the middle column via the arrow-shaped buttons
2) click on each item in the middle column and set their individual options via the left-hand column

If you want the exact same look as the window you initially had, you will probably have to edit font sizes and colours for the text, as well as transparency, borders and title bar for the window.

Before you edit borders and the title bar make sure you resize and move it to a portion of the screen that suits you. When the borders are hidden you can't drag them around to resize the window, same for moving it when the title bar is hidden, so it's better to have it where you want it before hiding these elements.

The options for transparency, borders and title bar are found by clicking the "window" item in the middle column which makes them appear in the left-hand column.

I know it sounds confusing, but if you do it step by step and observe the effect of your actions you will be able to grasp the basics easily. Some items are a bit confusing or undocumented as of now, but after you do this once you'll be able to customize a few basic things with ease. For example, you can set a time-out for the text so you don't get a flood of old messages when re-flying a mission, etc.

Bullit
04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank so much for this excellent explanation Blackdog, I was beginning to give hope.