PDA

View Full Version : Display Driver has stoped working

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

at the moment I keep getting a window pop up during the game, saying a program has stopped responding, The game freezes then a couple of seconds I can continue playing. But everynow and then it will crash completely and a window will pop up saying a display driver has stopped working and recovered.

before the patch, I never had this problem at all...and the game ran quite smooth except London was a slide show. since the patch..my FPS is great and I can fly over London stutter free with good fps...I just seem to keep getting these crashes instead :)

Im using the latest Nvidia Drivers, and nothing has changed since I installed the patch, I done what was in the AVG sticky with my firewall but still no joy.

Q9650 @ 3.6Ghz
4GB Ram
780I Mobo
GTX 470 2GB
Vista 32

kaisey
04-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi,

I had this problem early on just after release.

I fixed my problem by changing to dx9 in the config file.

I have have an nvidia 8600gt which does not really support dx10

Don't know if this will fix your problem but it stopped that message and i could play without crashes.

hope this helps

defiler
04-09-2011, 08:25 AM
kaisey: can you please describe how to change to dx9 in config file?

kaisey
04-09-2011, 09:17 AM
go to my documents- open 1c softclub folder then the next sub folder IL2 cliifs of dover open the config file.

scroll down to where it says Render=D3D10_0 and change to
=D3D9_0exit and save

worked for me

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Being on DX10 should not cause me the problems as my system is compatable with DX10, also prepatch the game was fine and I never had any instability issues

sg1221
04-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Try (Driver Sweeper) free download , then when you reinstall Nvidia drivers and the nvidia install screen comes up check the little box "remove old drivers" or clean install , I forget :confused: .
It fixed a lot of issues for me !

Hope this helps

sg

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Try (Driver Sweeper) free download , then when you reinstall Nvidia drivers and the nvidia install screen comes up check the little box "remove old drivers" or clean install , I forget :confused: .
It fixed a lot of issues for me !

Hope this helps

sg

I'll give it a shot and post back my results

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
no joy,

reinstalled the MS Frame work 4.0, used driver sweeper on my Drivers and reinstalled the drivers, checked cache integrity through steam and stilll get the ctds

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 01:42 PM
this is the error information

Description:
Launcher Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2B35.tmp.v ersion.txt
C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3DFA.tmp.m dmp

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

ChocsAway
04-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds like your card may be overheating. Quite a few GTX owners have had the same problem with CloD. My GTX 480 was reaching 100c on some missions and it has an aftermarket cooler fitted. Worth checking out your GPU temp.

jdbecks
04-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I think I have fixed it, no crashes yet...fingers crossed.
I reinstalled Direct X and used AVG Tune up, it found over 5000 reg errors on my system, not sure which solved the problem..but its something else to try for anyone experiencing similar problems.