PDA

View Full Version : Steam Patch download

KG26_Alpha
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
No Steam patch update in London UK yet for me.

Anyone else experiencing no patch update ?

JG52Uther
04-08-2011, 09:45 PM
something wrong then mate, steam patched my game hours ago.I'm in the midlands.

JZG_Con
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
what patch we at now ..mine ends with ***820

JG52Uther
04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

KG26_Alpha
04-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Hmm left it on all night after opening up the required ports
TCP 27014-27050
UDP 4380

Still no download for the update.

Would be nice to be able to update manually as well as using Steam ?

JG52Uther
04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Delete everything in steam except steamapps folder and steam.exe and try again?

Conte Zero
04-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Isn't **820 the first original release? then we went through the **915 and now it is **954 right?
Looks like your is not updating at all... maybe you disabled the option to keep the game updated automagically in steam?

KG26_Alpha
04-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I have tried everything.

De-installed Steam tried to reinstall it and it just stops at 40 or 55% with no network activity.

So I cant even install the software anymore and use CoD.

Which in hindsights probably a good thing,
so I now don't have to bother trying to help fix the released version and enjoy the sunny weekend predicted here,
off to watch the Grand National, this pile of Steaming Crapolla can wait.

Who ever thought up this Steam idea wants shooting :)

Edit

Ok after loosing a few quid on the grand national........................

Thought I had fixed the problem.

My office PC had a graphics card change with Russian version installed>> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20730

This affected my Steam account and my usual flying PC with English CoD would not update.

I had to uninstall Steam via Control Panel
then re-install Steam,
then re-activate with a code sent from Steam via e-mail
then Re-download CoD v 13954

Now Stuck with a Russian version !!!

I installed the English version on my flying PC so should have two versions registered.

Steams a mess !!!!

EDIT

Now all my Stick and keyboard configuration and settings have been deleted they took hours to set up.

What the hell is going on ????

Furio
04-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I have tried everything.

What the hell is going on ????

I understand you well, Kg. My case is probably worse than yours, as now my game froze within five minutes from launch, whichever thing I do or don’t do. As I don’t have your competence, I’ll wait patiently for next patch.

CoD is great, in my opinion the greatest sim ever. As for Steam... I avoid any comment, cause you would be forced to ban me, probably...
Cheers!

IbanezLaney
04-10-2011, 12:38 AM
If it doesn't update just verify the game in its properties / local files tab.
Then any old or missing files will be patched. Make sure you do this with the account that you purchased the international version on. It should patch to that then.

If that doesn't work - delete the clientregistry.blob file in your C:\Program Files\Steam folder and restart steam.

No need to re-install games ever with steam.

If you created a steam account and selected russia for your country- its possibly gonna give you that version.

Steam works fine - I have used it for over 5 years and have 97 games that use steam without any problem. (damn xmas sales lol)

When xmas comes around and you are buying games for $2 or $3 that are normally $50-60 or $90 in the retail stores - you will understand why people like steam.
Also it has the best anti cheat system with VAC.

Furio
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Ibanez.

I tried to follow your suggestions, but things get worse. Now the game freezes at the first command, such as “fly this mission”, or open that map in full mission builder.

I envy you and all the happy Steam customers, but this sounds to me as a gross disservice as, for the moment, I paid for nothing.

I’ll wait for the release on dvd, hoping to have better luck, but I fear problems will start again with future patches.

Gryphon_
04-14-2011, 12:26 AM
I have one game via Steam that no matter what I did it would freeze on start in Steam. I literally tried every 'fix' in the book - nada. All my other Steam games worked fine but not that one.

Then I upgraded from XP to Win7-64 and it worked perfectly right away. Go figure...