PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on how to get the patch

unknownraver
04-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Folks

Kinda new to this steam thing. Can someone please help me in explaining how to go about downloading/installing the much anticipated patch.

My current version is showing as 1.00.13954

Many thanks in advance.

Targ
04-08-2011, 07:09 PM
You have the latest version of the game.

When you were not looking steam updated the game :0

unknownraver
04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks mate.

123-Wulf-123
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Steam seems to be a good thing, I was very wary of it, but the fact it automatically updates your game etc seems OK to me ;) :cool:

So much for all the prophets of doom before the game release :grin:

Strike
04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Steam seems to be a good thing, I was very wary of it, but the fact it automatically updates your game etc seems OK to me ;) :cool:

So much for all the prophets of doom before the game release :grin:

Yeah I'm glad people get the feel for it.

Essentially it's like google in the world of search-engines. Or skype or msn messenger in the world of chat/communications. Widely used, widely approved and been around for a decade now almost. It's my online portal to downloadable games. I have a large list of games and anytime I want I can select a game, delete local content to free up space, and next time I install it still has my savegames :) I also believe you can write a DVD image from your steam games so that if you swap computers you actually don't have to re-download the games :) I don't bother cause I have a good connection, but for other people on budgets it's a good solution.

Cheers!

JG14_Jagr
04-08-2011, 11:35 PM
When you get STEAM and actually use it for a while you'll realize there are some very good features.. one thing I love is that I can add a new HDD or reinstall my OS to get rid of all the clutter and just log into my STEAM account and it automatically re installs ALL my game content.. thats a HUGE convenience..

rakinroll
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
When you get STEAM and actually use it for a while you'll realize there are some very good features.. one thing I love is that I can add a new HDD or reinstall my OS to get rid of all the clutter and just log into my STEAM account and it automatically re installs ALL my game content.. thats a HUGE convenience..

Could you please explain it mate? I am planning to upgrade my system and i do not know what exactly should i do. Game and steam in the second harddrive and i only will format first one which OS loaded. Should i uninstal and reinstal the game after upgrade?

doghous3
04-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Your Steam account will know what games you have. Which is why you can go to your games library right-click a game and select delete local content. The game will be greyed out, buy you can download it at anytime again.

WOrks the same if you buy a new HDD/SSD. Just install steam, log in with your account details, when you look at your library you'll see all your games.

You just have to right-click and select install game. When it finishes you can play it.

rakinroll
04-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank you Doghous3.