PDA

View Full Version : I see multiplayer is still in beta then...

kaiserb_uk
04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Eventually manage to direct connect to a mate's server...

Spawn? Oh no, you have to 'create'. And it 'creates' in a closed hanger.

*boom*

Try again, no, closed hanger...*boom*

So apparently the team that wrote the most successful multiplayer flightsim in history can't do multiplayer anymore? I suppose it'll be fixed around the time my game stops stuttering over the channel. I should probably apologise to my squadmates for the stream of obscenities they've just been subjected to.

W7-64:i7-920@3.8GHz:nVGTX285:6GB-DDR3:2x256GB-SSD:TiR4:TMWH

Hellbender
04-08-2011, 07:07 PM
So far I only find one server called JG42 with 6/6 Players.

Pablo
04-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Ive been trying to with no luck, cant even connect directly.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree the server browser and multiplayer needs some love.. I'm sure a lot of people are eager to play on-line, such as myself.

The browser is incredibly slow, and at times will not find a server that you know damn well is up. Direct connect can solve that, but that's not good enough really.

There certainly should be spawn timer's or a trigger of some kind so that you don't spawn on top of another player, blowing them up.

It needs work, yep.

whoarmongar
04-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Im damned if I understand how to connect to a server. I see a server up, connect and then I go to a screen where im asked to choose an army and a plane. having done so I have no idea if i can join or not if the other players can see me or anything. I admit im a noob and feel i must be doing something wrong but what it is i have no idea. This has got to be one of the most frustrating new games i have ever owned, dunno why im sticking with it but i am determined to see an online game one day.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
When you join a server you'll see a map. A few icons along the bottom.

You first have to choose a side via top left.

On the map, click one of the airfields until it's highlighted with a red circle.

This then should give you options on teh right to select squadron, plane, etc. Scroll down and you'll see create.

Hope that helps.

whoarmongar
04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the quick response doghous3, Im of to try and find a server :)

Buckie
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
i cant find anything. :(

doghous3
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
At least five server's up atm. Give it time. Make a cuppa, got the loo.. it should find them eventually.

BlackbusheFlyer
04-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Same here, do not see any servers at all. First time I have tried multiplayer and totally lost. I discovered that you have to click an existing aircraft on the map then the 'Enter' button.

However, have no means to see scores or talk to people as I closed the chat box somehow in single player and unable to get it back.

Talk about counter-intuitive!

doghous3
04-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Check key config, you can map a key to either toggle or show server information, such as who's on, what side, what plane, ping, etc.

To create a new chat window, right-click (once in the cockpit) the screen adn a context menu will show, select new info window to create a.. window. lol.. then right click the new window and select customize, and add teh chat again.

ptisinge
04-09-2011, 02:15 AM
Since the new patch, the map that first appears in the multiplayer screen seems to stay the same whatever mission I load (ie it's the Jurassic park I think, and if I load a mission using the carrier wars map, the map remains the Jurassic park one still).
Did anyone notice that?

Tiger27
04-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Seeing a server in the MP window for the first time, took a while to appear though.

gonk
04-09-2011, 03:00 AM
very hit and miss.... anyone found a trick to ensure better results ?