PDA

View Full Version : Screen tearing badly, post april 8 patch.

blampars
04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Came home early from work today to check out what's going on with the new patch. To my surprise the game is running *a lot* better than before.

Unfortunately, I'm getting some really serious screen tearing when looking around using TrackIR 5. I didn't have this problem pre-patch and seem to recall a vsync setting under the video options of the game.

After staring at the video options for 5 minutes to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, I'm not seeing anything for vsync.

Forcing vsync under nvidia control panel has no changes to the situation.

Am I crazy, or is there no more vsync with the new patch?
Here's an image capture.. (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TKSQpQ5VYfVosJOClkQGQPHqR3O4rlUmvYodHQHqnk8?feat=d irectlink)

System Specs:
AMD x4 955 @ 3.7ghz OC
GTX 460 1gb SLI (SLI disabled)
4gb DDR2 @ 800mhz
22" Samsung LCD @ 60hz 1920x1080
TrackIR 5

Extreme_One
04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm also noticing more tearing with the official patch although I don't remember seeing a VSync option before.

blampars
04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm fairly certain there was an option for it, as I remember it being one of the first video settings I looked for when I first got CoD..

On a side note, I'm about to get goin on that Battle of Britain Redux.. If I can figure out how to get it installed ;)

Extreme_One
04-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Now I have re-enabled the Aero theme screen tearing issue is no longer an issue.

Flanker35M
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
S!

VSync should be an option in game so the gamer could easily choose to us or not to use. TrackIR(or similar) crowd would or sure be happy.

blampars
04-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Now I have re-enabled the Aero theme screen tearing issue is no longer an issue.

hmmm didn't even think about that, going to give it a try considering i had mine off as well.

EDIT: Turning Aero back "on" (not disabling it) solved the screen tearing problems.