PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't this supposed to be fixed?

SF22
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi!

I just downloaded the patch and was looking forward to try multiplayer (despite I'd be shot down constantly :grin:) just top discover it still couldn't find any servers or join for that mattaer any despite Ilya stated yesterday that it would get fixed in the patch today.

3. Got to the bottom of the server search issue. It will get fixed with the Friday night live release.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20685

So you are running out of time. Just a bit under 6h to go (GMT)...

Regards
Magnus

P.S. I don't know about you but microfreezes are still apparent when flying low despite turning tree and building density to low on I7 930, 6Gb of RAM and nVIDIA 470GTX... Also performance is still bad. As my hardware exceeds the recommended system requirements I expect this to be fixed ASAP and Luthier states: You should not need to turn down other settings if your computer meets the recommended requirements.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=245959#post245959

P.P.S. Will Ubisoft or Maddox Games compensate in any way for this bugged release? As I trust you agree that this is pathetic!

Hellbender
04-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Right now I am on a server with 10/16 Players, which I found through the server list. For me it´s working.

SF22
04-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Right now I am on a server with 10/16 Players, which I found through the server list. For me it´s working.

Well nothing here... :mad: Also after it says that it didn't found any servers I can't connect to any webpages via Steam or Firefox. Only applications that have been constantly downloading something will work like Spotify.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 05:38 PM
The server list seems a little hit and miss, but it does work.

If you read teh current patch notes you'll see what affects high-end systems or not.

They'll add more optimization patches soon.

It's not pathetic, certainly a disappointment. On the brightside, it will be sorted.

SF22
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
The server list seems a little hit and miss, but it does work.
Well as I said it doesn't work for me.

If you read teh current patch notes you'll see what affects high-end systems or not.

I'm aware of that but I'm unable to achieve decent performance with the settings suggested by Ilya.

It's not pathetic, certainly a disappointment.

That's your opinion but originally the GPU was clocking itself down and over land I got a 1/3 FPS and I have no idea who gave green light for release. I might request a refund from Justflight if they don't start fixing these problems...

KeBrAnTo
04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
It's not working for me either.

When I go into Multiplayer menu and look for server nothing comes up ... :confused:

ubermachtig
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
It's not working for me either.

When I go into Multiplayer menu and look for server nothing comes up ... :confused:

Same here, I wonder what's the word about this issue

doghous3
04-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't get me wrong SF22, it's not perfect and there are workarounds; more patches to come etc.

As for the server browser, it can take several minutes just to find one.

It certainly is another aspect that needs sorting. MP is one of the biggest factors for attracting me to buy CoD in the first place.

ubermachtig
04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Well I just came back from getting a beer, and it seemed a server did pop up, literally after minutes. I find it quite strange that an 2002 game like Battlefield 1942 can find more than 100 servers within the second, while we have to wait 3, 4 minutes just to find only one, almost 10 years later.

SF22
04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Yup I managed to find one server just. The search is so hellishly slow that it's the same thing as it wouldn't work. Firefox can now also load pages while refreshing the list so they've just changed something. Most probably the changes had to be done on Steam servers and they didn't take place at the same time all over the world.

EDIT After it worked the first time I tried searching again and after 5mins nothing...

doghous3
04-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Well I just came back from getting a beer, and it seemed a server did pop up, literally after minutes. I find it quite strange that an 2002 game like Battlefield 1942 can find more than 100 servers within the second, while we have to wait 3, 4 minutes just to find only one, almost 10 years later.

lol.. it's very slow for sure.

No dedicated server's yet either. :/ So we are relying on the community.

Be great if someone could host a 64+ server instead of 16.

602Sqn.McLean
04-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Got up this morning, walked over to the PC, turned it on, watched the patch load, made a coffee, sat down with a grin, opened the game, went straight to multiplayer, searched, searched, searched, searched, cried, kicked the pot plant, had a smoke, read this forum, cried, promised myself not to admit to crying in public, typed this, went back to bed.

doghous3
04-09-2011, 12:00 AM
lol..

possible no servers, but LeadFarms' server is 24/7. Check out his thread. Have to connect to that direct.

Tiger27
04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
It took about a minute, but I could see leadfarmers server, ping was over 1000 as I'm in Australia, so I didn't join :grin:

JG52Uther
04-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Multiplayer must be pretty high up on the list of fixes.
Its a serious oversight,but hopefully will be sorted quickly.

MD_Wild_Weasel
04-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Multiplayer must be pretty high up on the list of fixes.
Its a serious oversight,but hopefully will be sorted quickly.

+10000000000 on that. Its what kept il2 alive for so long. same here "no servers found" Im keeping my self busy try to learm CEm and heat managment. Hope they get it sorted soon.

MD_Wild_Weasel
04-09-2011, 07:29 AM
i aslo hope that hyperlobby will be able at some point to work with CoD.

doghous3
04-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Dedicated server's are what we need atm.

LeadFarm's server seems to be down again. :p