PDA

View Full Version : FMB Questions

MaxVelo
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi!

I have never build a mission in IL-2 1946, so I'm not familiar with the FMB at all. But now with CoD I want to build my own missions.

The manual only describes the very basic functions of the FMB. I have found some tutorials for the IL-2 1946 FMB via Google, are those still valid?

I have no problems setting up a very basic dogfight mission with some waypoints, where all planes spawn flying in the air. But any thing more complex is a hassle.

For example:
I wanted to make a formations of ME-109s which takeoff from an airfield in France and fly out to the Channel and meet with some Spits. Not really a problem, except that I can't get the 109s to take of from the desired runway. I place them on an airfield, set the waypoint to take-off, set the other waypoints, etc.. They take-off and fly through the waypoints as expected, but the take-off runway they are using is not the one where I placed them.

So how can I assign a specific runway to a plane for take-off?
And is it possible to have the plane spawn in a parking postition, so that they have to taxi to the runway and then take-off?
Also if you know a good source for tutorials, please post it in this thread.

Thx,
-Velo

Vyper
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I was just about to post this very thread with your very questions. I don't seem to be able to get planes to spawn on the field regardless of whether it is take-off waypoint or not. I did manage to get it to work if the object is not checked as a player. But so far all player object will always spawn in the air for me regardless.

I second the request for any information sources on mission building, scripting, ect.

Thank you.

Alien
04-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Vyper, go to realism options and make air spawn off, it should solve it.

Vyper
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Vyper, go to realism options and make air spawn off, it should solve it.

Thanks, stumbled across that last night. :)

Bullit
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Can anyone tell me how I get my AI co-pilots to form on me after I take off as lead pilot, instead of blindly just following the waypoints I have set in the FMB mission. This seemed to happen in some of the campaign missions I played where my stick would form on me and then I would navigate the way points, I must not be doing something when building the mission.
Any help would be appreciated.