PDA

View Full Version : Small word from Oleg Maddox

Oleg Maddox
04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

1. I don't think that CoD is thinking ship even if I would left completely.

2. Guys working hard to solve different things in a code.

3. Soon will be patch. Hope today, but not sure. There should be major first fixes for the microfrizes. Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so.

4. I'm not in vacation. Yes,, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

thats all for now. I will tell more when I will be ready, or you allwill hear it by other channels, becasue I now can't spend so much time for readiung forums like in the past..

Be sure all posts with normal input of bugs without histeria development team is reading and put it in the list, if they are real bugs.

TheSwede
04-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Good to hear from you Oleg!

I have full confident for the team of 1C and their quest for perfection.

Tvrdi
04-08-2011, 12:25 PM
all I want to say is - fingers crossed....

xiotis1
04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think that CoD is thinking ship even if I would left completely.
What does that mean?

JG1_Luckystrike
04-08-2011, 12:29 PM
What does that mean?

sinking ?

Ali Fish
04-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi all,

[/B]

presume this mean I dont' think that CoD is a sinking ship even if i would have left completely.

and in response "we dont think CoD is a sinking ship either!" we are just all very very passionate about it and your work. he is very correct to,all this hysteria which i admit ive contributed to does need to stop and if we focus then the developers at 1C can focus. so lets focus !. Oled is one of a few folks that has set the wheels in motion for this sim/series to exist. his place lies elsewhere and that can only mean good things for the simulation base. Besides this is his baby, you might not hear from him much but im sure he will be wandering the web waves and indirectly he may always be a part of this sim series.

JG52Uther
I don't want to put words in Olegs mouth but I would guess it means:
Even if Oleg has left CoD is not a sinking ship!

Thanks Oleg for your post,I hope things work out for you.

Strike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0lWICH3rY

xiotis1
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so.
One more reason to love this game. Thanks!

Screamadelica
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I think a thinking ship is meant to be a sinking ship. In other words, have faith in the team that have done so much in the past to make the IL2 series the great game that it still is today. Thanks Oleg, hope all is well. The faithful are still here.:)

Uufflakke
04-08-2011, 12:36 PM
What does that mean?

Lol! :)
Reminds me of the commercial of a German coastguard who doesn't speak and understand English very well.
Emergency call: "Help, we are sinking!! We are sinking!!
German Coastguard: "What are you...thinking about??

Here is the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZz0PlLY69g

Pyrres
04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
That IL2 is not dead even if Oleg left for good.

And good to here from you Oleg. Thanks for the info. Hope the guys get things sorted out soon. And wish you luck with your new job, whatever it may be.

Strike
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Lol! :)
Reminds me of the commercial of a German coastguard who doesn't speak and understand English very well.
Emergency call: "Help, we are sinking!! We are sinking!!
German Coastguard: "What are you...thinking about??

Here is the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZz0PlLY69g

dude, read the actual thread before you doublepost.

http://www.forumspile.com/Cliche-Double_post.jpg

Buckie
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM

lmfao

addman
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I remember all of it Oleg, all the way back to the blue-byte forum updates.;) Those days I would be sooo happy just to see a screenshot of a MiG-3.

Hecke
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

You plan to do new or other sort of simulation?

_AH_Prop
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Glad to see you're still around Oleg!

150GCT_Veltro
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Sinking? Sinked.....

JVM
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Sinking? Sinked.....

So Veltro, in two words you can demonstrate that:

- your are not happy
- You are pessimistic like hell
- you are not very good at English...

Nice performance! :-)

JV

He111
I think he meant "stinking Ship" obviously he was playing "dutch ovens" :grin:

Good to hear he's getting into a new sim, with the model quality in COD, must be something excellent!

He111.

Strike
eeeh...

why did you connect german coast guard to a nazi-lol.

I think it's inappropriate

carguy_
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi all,
Be sure all posts with normal input of bugs without histeria development team is reading and put it in the list, if they are real bugs.

You da man, Oleg Maddox. We old IL2 players support you and Luthier. Sadly we are not those who can make a difference here.

Tell the team that this time there is much communication with endusers needed. Please, just keep letting us know that bugs are being worked on. We know you`ll get the results you need.

150GCT_Veltro
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
So Veltro, in two words you can demonstrate that:

- your are not happy
- You are pessimistic like hell
- you are not very good at English...

Nice performance! :-)

JV

Sure i'm not happy at all, i'm very pessimistic about CoD future development, i'm not very good at English.........
....but...sure i'm not a fanboy who said to Oleg "Hooooo, is wonderfull, thank, is superb, is amazing"..

So, for me this CoD is almost sunk.

We'll see in the future, but for now.....

Corto
04-08-2011, 01:18 PM
http://spectrumculture.com/assets/lifeofbrian.jpg

Thank you Oleg for all...
Thank you for IL2
Thank you for IL2-FB
Thank you for IL2 1946

Dont leave us alone with COD on the "thinking ship".

Please tell us about your plans and bring us healing...where ever you are... not in vacation... we know now....thank you.... thank you.... thank you.... master....

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c025.gif

dreamofire
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey, look, It's Oleg himself!
Make CoD a playable game, thanks~

veter
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Was a freudian slip? Dont scare us Oleg. Hope your thinking is not sinking.

hoarmurath
04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
You da man, Oleg Maddox. We old IL2 players support you and Luthier. Sadly we are not those who can make a difference here.

Tell the team that this time there is much communication with endusers needed. Please, just keep letting us know that bugs are being worked on. We know you`ll get the results you need.

And, who exactly appointed you as spokeman for all old IL2 players? Speak for yourself, thx, i can say whatever i have to say myself.

FlyingShark
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
You have my support, Oleg, I have all confidence that from here to a few months, CoD will run real smooth and we can start looking forward to addons.

~S~

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0lWICH3rYThat's just brilliant, got me laughing away.

tagTaken2
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
And, who exactly appointed you as spokeman for all old IL2 players? Speak for yourself, thx, i can say whatever i have to say myself.

*wild clapping!*

Thank god we have an individual able to speak for himself!

*more clapping*

*etc clapping*

We really need an applause icon :(

Corto
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
You have my support, Oleg, I have all confidence that from here to a few months, CoD will run real smooth and we can start looking forward to addons.

~S~

Is Oleg the name of a new religion? Sorry but sometimes.....

Insuber
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
As an old Il2 player (2001), speaking for myself, i just say: all our sympathy to the poor hard working guys, but 1C must give me hard facts, not just the enslavement of a handful of unlucky programmers.

My Trust-o-meter shows a big red flashing light atm.

Good luck,
Insuber

Peck
04-08-2011, 02:25 PM
eeeh...

why did you connect german coast guard to a nazi-lol.

I think it's inappropriate

ehhh...

I think it's not.

Wandalen
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
~S~

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_hailtheking.gif

biltongbru
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
4. I'm not in vacation. Yes,, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

[/B]

This is exciting news.

New flight sim?

New Company?

I trust Oleg still has a stake in MG/1C as it seems he is out of the operational side:).

Best wishes Oleg for the "new things" and please keep us updated!

Skoshi Tiger
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Is Oleg the name of a new religion? Sorry but sometimes.....

Of course not, it's just that over the last 10 or so years he has done more than many other people to advance the genre of Combat flight simulators.

If it wasn't for him we'ld still be playing Combat Flight Sim.

He deserves our thanks for than much at least.

Cheers!

rakinroll
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Thank you Oleg, we are looking forward to new patches. S!

HFC_Dolphin
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, that's life!

I will take this as a first official announcement of Oleg's "retirement" from Clod and all I can say is Thank you Oleg for all that you've given to our community in all these years! You are, by far, the most important person in Combat Flight Sims community!

biltongbru
04-08-2011, 03:00 PM
This is exciting news.

New flight sim?

New Company?

I trust Oleg still has a stake in MG/1C as it seems he is out of the operational side:).

Best wishes Oleg for the "new things" and please keep us updated!

Imagine a full-on war simulation with high AI aircraft, vehicles, artillery, ships and human units. The current IL-2 way of simulation would be a good platform to advance in that direction. Just way off dreaming :)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Thank you Oleg,I knew you just would'nt abandon us,and it is really great to hear from the Guru himself.I for one truly appreciate you're superb sim,it will be the sim we dreamed of,that I'm sure of.

adonys
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Thank you for everything, Oleg, and good luck, whatever you'll gonna do and wherever you'll gonna go.

Salutes!

mcler002
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr0lwich3ry

legend!

LcSummers
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Oleg,

glad to have a sign from you, wish all the best.

JG14_Jagr
04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
lmfao

There goes another Kitten.. oh no wait... another one... ;)

ATAG_Doc
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
we love you

Oktoberfest
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
In Oleg we trust. Oleg is our Savior, he speaks through his son Luthier....

Guys, really, get a grip, you sound like total fanatics !

bongodriver
04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
In Oleg we trust. Oleg is our Savior, he speaks through his son Luthier....

Guys, really, get a grip, you sound like total fanatics !

and you sound like a grumpy old grump grump, someone needs a sleepy time.....yes he does!.....oooooh whos a tired little boy.

smink1701
04-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Oleg,

Good to hear from an old friend. God bless you and your family.

waffen-79
04-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Oleg: thank you for IL-2 1946, good luck in all your other projects

pancake
04-08-2011, 07:34 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/marc410/FORUMFIGHTERS.jpg

:o

Armatian
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Nice to know, unluckily some doesn't get the fact that a grown up person that worked years to our advantage doesn't deserve mocking for an obviously hurry message.

Eldur
04-08-2011, 08:24 PM
and in response "we dont think CoD is a sinking ship either!"

It's rather a damaged U-Boat on the ground of the sea with the crew repairing everything after a depth charge attack :D
It's still able to surface and do some more attack runs ;)

Necrobaron
04-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong since I've been a bit fuzzy on the details of the last few weeks.

Is Ilya (Luthier) taking over the reins of CoD as Oleg moves on to other things (which still include simulations apparently)? Is Oleg's active participation in the IL-2 series winding down? I know there was a commotion a few weeks ago claiming that Oleg was "leaving" but I never really understood what was happening or what the current situation is.

katdogfizzow
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

3. Soon will be patch. Hope today, but not sure. There should be major first fixes for the microfrizes. Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so.

4. I'm not in vacation. Yes, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

thats all for now. I will tell more when I will be ready, or you allwill hear it by other channels, becasue I now can't spend so much time for readiung forums like in the past..

Oleg, you're my hero and you'll always be hero.

seiseki
04-09-2011, 12:01 AM

I god, I usually don't want to make fun of someones language skills..
But wow, that's hilarious :D
No offense :)

MOH_Hirth
04-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Theres a imense work to do and we all know, the best and fast way to help to fix the problems is open the software, so 1C will leading a huge world community, working for pleasure, with impressive results like we see in IL-2 1956 after modded.

Theshark888
04-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Is Oleg related to Obama?:grin:

Sinking ship, that's an understatement...CoD is more like........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/norman888/after.jpg
:(

Scarecrow
04-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Dear Mr Maddox I hope you've managed to develop the ability to shrug off the vitriol associated with pretty much any entertainment software release, I've been enjoying your work for 10 years and hope to enjoy it for another 10. You're a legend and you deserve more leeway considering how well you've treated us over the last decade.

heloguy
04-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I've seen that commercial so much, I knew exactly what Oleg meant.

Triggaaar
04-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I god, I usually don't want to make fun of someones language skills..
But wow, that's hilarious :D
No offense :)It is hilarious, I don't think it's mocking anyone's language skills really (after all the guy is an actor). All languages are different, and non of us are capable of making the sounds need for all other languages. In English one of the sounds non native speakers struggle with it 'th', and making a joke about that is hardly offensive.

Anyway, on topic for a second:

Oleg, you're a star, good job so far on CoD and I hope the team gets it to a state you're proud of asap.

MD_Wild_Weasel
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Good bye Oleg, Long time il2 fan. pacific fighters(2006?)~ present. Thankyou for all your hard work over the years. It has been money well spent. May you and your family live long and well. You have the whole of the il2 communities respect and grattitude
And sign my bloody guest book! PLEASE! LOL:grin:

http://www.mightydemons.com/hq/

Best regards
Md_Wild_Weasel

Upthair
04-09-2011, 10:30 AM
we love you

:)

Furio
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I consider laughing at Oleg’s English stupid and childish. Those people should try to write in Russian!
I consider no less childish all the ranting about CoD being a failure. It has technical problem, true, as it was true in the early days of good old Il2. But Maddox Games is a company that demonstrated its ability to solve problems, and to give sustained support to their sim through the years, with continuous expansions and improvements that keep today Il2 still enjoyable. Such a good reputation deserves to be respected.

Thank you, Oleg and all the people working on CoD.

Upthair
04-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm not in vacation. Yes,, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

Perhaps something that in the future will have huge effects on flight simulation?

OldLinePaul
04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Oleg. Il-2 renewed my enthusiasm for flight sims after a hiatus of many years.

Best of luck with all your endeavors.

Rickusty
04-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Thank you Oleg for having destroyed my social life in the last 10 years! ;)

Joking... but not too much I'm afraid...

Cheers
Rick

Capt Backasswards
04-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Face it Oleg! You're just a ROCK STAR!!!! :grin: Good to see you're still around.

ytareh
04-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Oleg!

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
The post-Oleg era won't be the same as the pre-Oleg era although I know that the sim is in good hands. However I understand that one has to move on to new things after more than 10 years doing one stuff.

Thank you for both awesome simulations which likely would have never seen light without your vision. I still hope that you don't drop out completely and if it was on a different level than now.

Good luck and success with your new projects. I am sure they will be as awesome as both IL2s.

grunge
04-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank You Oleg for Your hard work, here from Hungary! :) I play IL2 since the beginning, i have buyed all of the episodes till CoD, and i'm very happy about it! It's simply amazing, and bought so much enjoyment to me through the years! Noone ewer will match these quality and standard!

dali
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
The post-Oleg era won't be the same as the pre-Oleg era although I know that the sim is in good hands. However I understand that one has to move on to new things after more than 10 years doing one stuff.

are you sure?

bongodriver
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
are you sure?

wow....the hatred is unbelievable, what did he do? steal your girlfriend?

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-20-2011, 04:01 PM
This thread is too funny to let it 'think' to the bottom of the forum :D :mrgreen:

Al Schlageter
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Just remember it was Ilya that gave us Il-2: Pacific Fighters. That is after Oleg had to bail him out of the mess it was.

Fredfetish
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

Some say, he used to live in a ship that thinks and that he is never to be found in vacations, not even in sims.

the Dutchman
04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Some say, he used to live in a ship that thinks and that he is never to be found in vacations, not even in sims.

No,no,you are confused that is the Stig!

jctrnacty
05-21-2011, 05:54 AM
PLease oleg stay in simulation bussines and give us sim you always wanted to make and sell it digitally without XXXXbi straight to your fans like ED a ROF team do. I am sure youll get the reward.

GloDark7
05-21-2011, 10:56 AM
It's understandable to decide to try something new and different after very many years. Quite another to decide you've had enough when the project you've been working on for the last 6 years is near completion :confused:

I guess we'll never know the real story behind Oleg's disillusionment. What ever the story is, things just don't sit well at the moment...

jimbop
05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
No,no,you are confused that is the Stig!

lol, except the stig did a double-cross!

philip.ed
05-21-2011, 11:48 AM
You know, he still visits his youtube channel, and he has posted Tinus' brilliant Defiant video within the last week...
so I don't think he is completely detached. But I could never really understand his message at the start of this topic, so it's hard to tell if he has left the project, or if he is having a break, or if he is working towards something new entirely.

Pluto
05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
xiotis1

"I don't think that CoD is thinking ship even if I would left completely."

What does that mean?
__________________________________________________ _____________

! rofl !
:lol:

Pluto
05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
....mmmuahahahaaa !!!
:lol:

my belly hurts from laughing, this is the funniest thread I have read here so far, honestly!

thanks to all, starting with Oleg
:grin:

DBCooper
05-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe Oleg is leaving the company? That's bad news... This doesn't feel right...

Whatever Oleg is gonne do, i wish all him all the best!

Kind regards, DBCooper

martin_baker
04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello all,

New here. Got IL2 Cliffs in a sale.

Oleg, when will patch be complete?

SlipBall
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
ban

addman
04-29-2012, 04:02 PM
ban

At least, IMO this is a clear perma-ban open and shut case.