PDA

View Full Version : Friday Patch via Steam ?

JG1_Luckystrike
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Will the patch be out today ?

doghous3
04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Initially stated so. But considering the beta patch was delayed, and that some issues have been introduced with it, I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't make today.

It will be out, when it's out. :p

Phazon
04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Honestly I'd prefer they take their time with it. Be nice if it addressed some more bugs like the looping undercarriage sound bug that was still present.

Rattlehead
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I doubt if we'll see anything today.

But I'd rather have a patch that works that we have to wait a week or two for, rather than one that is hit and miss but out today.

bluescreen2
04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
no. we need a quick patch today fixing the resolution bugs so that it may become a little bit playable for some people. the patch in 2 weeks and a few patches more are still needed. hate waiting for fast bugfixes when payed 50€...

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Now is better publish little betapatches often, so we see how it is going.

When looking better then official patch from steam.

bluescreen2
04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Now is better publish little betapatches often, so we see how it is going.

When looking better then official patch from steam.

good idea. the guys from paradox are doing so with hoi3. sometimes
a few patches a day. nice.

JG52Krupi
04-08-2011, 10:36 AM
no. we need a quick patch today fixing the resolution bugs so that it may become a little bit playable for some people. the patch in 2 weeks and a few patches more are still needed. hate waiting for fast bugfixes when payed 50€...

Did you have this poblem before the beta patch?

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM
It is very apparent that the problems associated with COD are'nt going to be addressed with one quick patch.Please guys take you're time,get it right and everyone will be happy.There's is no point in jumping from the frying pan into the fire and no point in rushing this patch out if it's not ready,we can wait.

bongodriver
04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Kind of ironic.....people bitch about the game coming out too early but demand patches immediately, I you feel the game was rushed out the door then at least let them get the patches right.

JG1_Luckystrike
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Kind of ironic.....people bitch about the game coming out too early but demand patches immediately, I you feel the game was rushed out the door then at least let them get the patches right.

amen

booterboy
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Spot on Bongo,
I said 2 weeks ago the guys needed another 3-6 months to optimize as they
seemed to be under massive time constraints from Ubi to release.
This is where we find ourselves now with a lot of people finding CoD unplayable.
Maybe i am one of the lucky ones that has had no major problems from the start,
apart from minnor issues.
Have not installed the beta patch because as is the game runs really well for me
at 1900x1220 everything maxed with AA at 4.
Dont mind waiting for some proper patches that i thrust will optimize the game for
me,still feel sorry for people who find it unplayable now.

Strike
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM

what he said

Motokiume
04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I was originally going to wait until the game was sorted and fully playable before I bought it, but then I thought, if everyone did that then there would be no revenue for Oleg, then no chance of patches or updates.
So I did buy it (even though my current PC cannot run it) - Oleg delivered with all the free updates from the original IL-2 through to 1946 - and I have every confidence that the same will happen with Cliffs of Dover.