PDA

View Full Version : Why I’m still buying…

smink1701
04-08-2011, 01:10 AM
This game plainly has issues but here’s why I’m buying (North American version) anyway. No one else is doing WWII fighter sims that have the potential to be this good. I don’t want COD to become the next CFS3 and kill the category for the developer. I will buy and hope for the best because I want 1C to succeed. If they win, we win.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 01:25 AM
I agree I want the product to succeed and do well. I have always had an affinity with WW2 flight sim's, in fact a lot of sim's.

Loved Gunship back in the day.. anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to run it in its current state, just probably not full max on everything.

Despite wanting the product to do well, I don't feel I can yet recommend the game to friends.

bkdamon
04-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Same here.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they were commited simmers who could see past the initial issues and see the potential this program has.

I've paid untold amounts on software that I played once or twice and then lost interest in. No fault of the software, I just didn't like it.

In this case, I have the software that needs to improve but I'm very interested in it's success because I know I will spend countless hours with this title once that tranformation is complete, even before.

Kikuchiyo
04-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Same here.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they were commited simmers who could see past the initial issues and see the potential this program has.

I've paid untold amounts on software that I played once or twice and then lost interest in. No fault of the software, I just didn't like it.

In this case, I have the software that needs to improve but I'm very interested in it's success because I know I will spend countless hours with this title once that tranformation is complete, even before.

I definitely agree with your first point, and with the OPs sentiment. For me WW2 Combat Flight Sims are my real joy of gaming. I play lots of different types of game, but these are my one true love. I almost need this game to succeed so that I can always have the genre there. I am sure we will see it get patched into continuously better state as we did with Sturmovik. Thanks to this team there is hope of keeping the genre alive and I've bought it to help keep it alive.

Tvrdi
04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
This game plainly has issues but here’s why I’m buying (North American version) anyway. No one else is doing WWII fighter sims that have the potential to be this good. I don’t want COD to become the next CFS3 and kill the category for the developer. I will buy and hope for the best because I want 1C to succeed. If they win, we win.
+1

then again If they fail - Im loosing something that values (in my book) way more than 45 bucks I spent....

Rattlehead
04-08-2011, 07:53 AM
No one else is doing WWII fighter sims that have the potential to be this good...If they win, we win.

This is it, in a nutshell, for me.

I played DCS Black Shark but I didn't get any real buzz from that sim...I just couldn't get into it. I'm not particularly interested in RoF or any other sim really. I played quite a bit of LOMAC but I'm a bit tired of that one now.

My real passion is WW2 era aircraft, and it's not like there are twenty different developers making these games.

Friendly_flyer
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Considering what I will pay for a new computer, buying the game seems like peanuts.