PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 Aero might affect your Il-2 CoD FPS

Hellbender
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Was trying out the patch having read mixed reviews of it at work today, and noted the unremarkable performance increase.. Still stutters etc, but at least trees are usable now.

But then...

I turned off Windows Aero theme having also read that that gives a performance increase and I almost shat myself. German Free Hunt, lots of planes on the map, big fights.. No stuttering WHATSOEVER! The game is fixed for me as it stands - High settings (except buildings) and it only stutters momentarily when I first fire my cannons and when approaching bombers for the first time! Source: http://cfarma2.com/forums/index.php/topic,6246.165.html
I start the game right now with and without Aero to find a difference in the FPS....

Edit 1: Without Aero I have In the Manston Quick Mission 36-32 FPS over the Water and after some small micro stuttering at the coast (when it starts loading buildings) I have 26-31 FPS flying 100m over land.

Edit 2: With Aero I couldnĀ“t notice any significant difference in the FPS. Micro stutter is still there but due to the beta patch the performance is better when the building textures have been loaded.

Buzzer
04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Small bump.
This one really helped me too.
Just been playing another game. Upon exit windows told me the performance was bad, and suggested turning off Windows Aero.

Did so and tried COD for fun: big improvement for me!
The fps-increase was modest, like +5ish, but the game felt smoother and for the first time I could play the Channel-bomber intercept without the pauses before.

Good find. Certainly helped me.

Hellbender
04-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Glad to help.

IbnSolmyr
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Please, what is "Aero" ?

666th_Lange
04-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Are you guys running full screen or windowed? Because if run at full screen, Aero on or off should not make a difference at all.

@IbnSolmyr: in short, Aero is a Windows 7 (maybe also Vista) desktop theme giving you a much nicer desktop and a some other eyecandy stuff.

Flanker15
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
That's the thing though, CoD runs windowed stretched at the moment not full screen so Aero will keep running.

Tried it and it seemed to give me some frames, might be my imagination though.