PDA

View Full Version : Removal of threads

biltongbru
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
To the site moderators:

Today I made a positive and non-offensive post to find out why the IL-2 CoD game was prematurely released because it is a burning issue with lots of speculation going around.

After a few replies the thread was removed.

I understand that site owners can do whatever they want but it would sometimes just be good manners for the relevant moderator to pm the thread author regarding the issue.

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!:)

Meusli
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I think it was removed because your thread was by no way the first on this subject, nor will it be the last. It is very hard to moderate a forum on a games release and individual posts can be glanced over and deleted if they are deemed to clog up the forum. Do not be disheartened it will get easier for them in time and you could always join in the other older threads.

Chips86
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I do resent the fact that they are taking the 'stalins certified problem solutions' method to dealing with any kind of criticism. Its bloody rude, reflects badly on 1C, and alienates everybody who bought the game and believed the hype. And mods, before you have a fit, I am NOT complaining about the game, I am complaining about you. Even if you just had a copy/paste response to each thread, and then locked them. Deleting them and banning members is ridiculous.

jcenzano
04-07-2011, 10:09 PM
They removed one mine becuase I posted an ad post.

I Should have read the rules before and I apologize for breaking the rules.:oops:

Just wanted to give some people in this forum the chance to get something difficult to find here in Germany, before taking it to eBay.

But I admit according to the rules the post was appropriately deleted.

Redroach
04-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Because random whine-thread no. 3516 was certainly no longer needed, as those threads were getting old very, VERY quickly. I fully support that measure and hope they'll get even more aggressive about that.
Despite the bugs, I enjoy CoD so far, but, as you can only seldomly discuss ingame matters or ask things about flying those old crates, I really got a little "disheartened" about flying, to say the least.
The last few days, everyone and their grandmother seems to have heard a divine call, to come to the forums and spill their long-awaited opinion all over innocent players (and I mean 'players', i. e. people who actually want to play the sim and not getting their mood pulled down over here).
No, I don't want to hear your opinion anymore about your "meh" pc which can't run CoD on 2536x1920 with full details on. No, I don't care any longer about owners of very awesome pcs who aren't able, at the least, to try and set things properly before laying down a withering barrage of *Angry* here.
And finally, NO, I don't want to hear about you being a real pilot or even flight instructor with decades of experience, I don't want to hear about you having "programmed" on the sim, and I certainly don't want to hear about you being knowledgeable with the law and spewing out threats about "sueing" anybody, from UBI to Oleg.

No, thanks!

jibo
04-07-2011, 10:11 PM
your open letter drama was a ridiculous trolling attempt, now do your homework or go to bed

biltongbru
04-07-2011, 10:23 PM
your open letter drama was a ridiculous trolling attempt, now do your homework or go to bed

Grandpa; this is your own pathetic opinion; It is a legit question and 1000's of people would want to get the facts and unspeculated answer to this question.:)

David Hayward
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Grandpa; this is your own pathetic opinion;

Shared by the moderator, apparently.

Chips86
04-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Because random whine-thread no. 3516 was certainly no longer needed, as those threads were getting old very, VERY quickly. I fully support that measure and hope they'll get even more aggressive about that.
Despite the bugs, I enjoy CoD so far, but, as you can only seldomly discuss ingame matters or ask things about flying those old crates, I really got a little "disheartened" about flying, to say the least.
The last few days, everyone and their grandmother seems to have heard a divine call, to come to the forums and spill their long-awaited opinion all over innocent players (and I mean 'players', i. e. people who actually want to play the sim and not getting their mood pulled down over here).
No, I don't want to hear your opinion anymore about your "meh" pc which can't run CoD on 2536x1920 with full details on. No, I don't care any longer about owners of very awesome pcs who aren't able, at the least, to try and set things properly before laying down a withering barrage of *Angry* here.
And finally, NO, I don't want to hear about you being a real pilot or even flight instructor with decades of experience, I don't want to hear about you having "programmed" on the sim, and I certainly don't want to hear about you being knowledgeable with the law and spewing out threats about "sueing" anybody, from UBI to Oleg.

No, thanks!

And this post is better than the moaning posts?

Cpt.Badger
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
The 'Banana forum' is currently in Damage Control Mode at it finest. It's quite funny tbh.

Derinahon
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
The responses to your open letter were all negative anyway, and although you wrote that it was only your opinion you repeatedly used the word 'we' as if everyone agrees with you. Perhaps you should write a closed letter to 1c if you feel so strongly and sign it yourself, not on behalf of everyone else.

Cpt.Badger
04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Perhaps you should write a closed letter to 1c if you feel so strongly and sign it yourself, not on behalf of everyone else.

He clearly stated that he is speaking only on behalf of HIMSELF and not the whole community. That was the last paragraph of his post.

Coder
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I was just talking in a thread which was mostly opinion and I feel that the thread was quite honest about peoples thoughts and feelings on the situation that everyone who bought the game who have a system close to the system requirements. Some of us cannot afford to keep up with the bleeding edge curve of gaming, and for my pennies I've been silenced by the moderator indirectly by having the entire thread (which I did not start) deleted.

Personally I think those threads should be moved to another part of the forum where they cannot 'clog up' that particular sub forum, and in turn allowing customers to discuss their opinions regarding their latest purchase.
If the developers and publishers are worried about what is being said becoming popular belief then the way to tackle it is not to delete peoples voices but to adhere to them with a competent, direct and adult statement.

Where is the PR? obviously the same place as the QC..

Derinahon
04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
As I said, although the last line stated it was his opinion, the letter read otherwise. It was inconsistent.

major_setback
04-07-2011, 11:05 PM
The forum is getting clogged with repeat threads.
The moderators are hardly removing anything, considdering how many unnessasary threads there are.

It is becoming impossible to sift through everything to find what might be relevant.

Mods, carry on the good work.

bongodriver
04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Don't worry.....all I have to do is show up...comment and my fan club will make some smart replies.....job done, thread will get closed ;)

nearmiss
04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I do resent the fact that they are taking the 'stalins certified problem solutions' method to dealing with any kind of criticism. Its bloody rude, reflects badly on 1C, and alienates everybody who bought the game and believed the hype. And mods, before you have a fit, I am NOT complaining about the game, I am complaining about you. Even if you just had a copy/paste response to each thread, and then locked them. Deleting them and banning members is ridiculous.

You really need to read the rules for the forums. Rule 14 especially.

Mods lock, delete, edit and ban users because it is easier than writing PM messages to people who "for some reason" don't respond fast enough for the situation they created to be fixed "fast enough".

It takes time to send PM messages, and troublesome posters are rarely amenable to what is said.

If you treat everyone like you want to be treated, regardless of who they are you will find that works pretty good.

Also, as one poster said the other day... it's not always about what you say, but the way you say it.

I'm a mod and you've already made enough mistakes to be banned. LOL

Lighten up, the developers are working on it.

David Hayward
04-07-2011, 11:40 PM

You should consider posting that in large block letters at the top of the board.

biltongbru
04-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Mods lock, delete, edit and ban users because it is easier than writing PM messages to people who "for some reason" don't respond fast enough for the situation they created to be fixed "fast enough".

Fair

thx for reply:)

KG26_Alpha
04-08-2011, 09:12 AM

It takes time to send PM messages, and troublesome posters are rarely amenable to what is said.

If you treat everyone like you want to be treated, regardless of who they are you will find that works pretty good.

Also, as one poster said the other day... it's not always about what you say, but the way you say it.

Perfectly put :)

Chips86
04-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Im not trying to start a cyberfight, but am just curious...what have I done thats enough to get me banned exactly? So that I dont do it again?