PDA

View Full Version : Are we not going to hear anything from Oleg anymore?

the Dutchman
04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
?...:(...?

SlipBall
04-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Oleg (like Elvis) has left the building:-P

Oldschool61
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Oleg who.....?:)

AWL_Spinner
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
It would be good to get some word on what is going on with the management of this product from a 1C:Maddox perspective, when there's space to take a breather.

As far as I know we've only got some half-cryptic postings on YouTube to work with regarding Oleg's status.

I'd not be surprised if he's headed for the hills but it'd be a real shame and I'd feel sorry for the chap if this launch fiasco becomes the legacy everyone remembers and not the years of IL2 brilliance.

I know everyone dev-wise is hard at work and probably shouldn't be on this forum, but is Oleg still amongst them?

Lensman_1
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
If Oleg has not left the project then it's unpolite to not have interacted with the community since the release.
If Oleg HAS left the project then it's impolite of him to have not said goodbye to the community after we've all but worshipped the guy for years.
Either way something is screwy.

TheEditor
04-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Foo Fighters got him...

Eldur
04-07-2011, 09:03 PM
All your Oleg are belong to us :D

123-Wulf-123
04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
ROFLMAO :mrgreen:

Buzzer
04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Would like to know too if he is still in the loop...

All we have is: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=46991

So what is the situation with Mr.Maddox? Anyone? Ello...

Troll2k
04-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Oleg is now Chief Technical Officer at Vizerra.

Scroll down to Dream Team.

http://vizerra.com/en/about

Strike
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Damn Oleg is tapping that Anna Degtyareva and creating photorealistic scenery at the same time!

Seriously...

Congratulations on the new job Oleg!

Perhaps it'll pay enough for that super-rig needed to fly IL-2 CoD :)

wildone_106
04-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Thanks Ubi, for drivin him away! Congrats.

AWL_Spinner
04-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Presuming the Naturalpoint guys have a better connection to the Devs than many, this is somewhat worrying but seems to tie in with available evidence (in response to a question about CoD profiles):

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=46991

NaturalPoint - Seth: With Oleg's rather sudden departure from 1C, we've been trying to reconnect with their dev team. He was kind of the heart and soul behind the process, in addition to the shot-caller, so things are a little murky now. We'd like to get a new profile up for CoD, but the change has to happen in their code. Right now, I can't promise anything.

:confused:

Wolf_Rider
04-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm wondering if all is amicable within the 1C camp

Tree_UK
04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
I dont think it really matters at this time, we are where we are, If the game is going to succed we need to give the Dev's as much honest feedback and data as they require.

jimbop
04-08-2011, 09:27 AM
If Oleg has not left the project then it's unpolite to not have interacted with the community since the release.
If Oleg HAS left the project then it's impolite of him to have not said goodbye to the community after we've all but worshipped the guy for years.
Either way something is screwy.

No, not logical. I think he is like not allowed to comment publicly on the project, especially if any parting was acrimonious.

jimbop
04-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I dont think it really matters at this time, we are where we are, If the game is going to succed we need to give the Dev's as much honest feedback and data as they require.

+1. Doesn't matter now, just want the dev team to stick and it, make the game properly playable, and then start cranking out the DLCs.

PeterPanPan
04-08-2011, 09:32 AM
See http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=242312&postcount=2 from Nike-it. Maybe Oleg IS still around?

Tvrdi
04-08-2011, 09:32 AM
well guys, worst scenario would be that game is still not playable on mid-high to high end systems (lets say a 6 months from now on) and the best scenario would be that 1C manages to optimise the sim in month or two with Oleg posting here how happy he is and that he is loving us and that he is sorry for troubles...hope is still there...but If COD becomes an epic failure in history of simulations (unplayable even after few months after release) we will still have IL2 and I will forget the trashed money...and 1C

andmcq
04-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I knew Oleg would leave, it's so easy to get a job in Russia because in Russia job comes to you.

----

hehe, sorry had to say that. :D

LoBiSoMeM
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Will we have AA in Vizerra? without stuttering?

jimbop
04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Will we have AA in Vizerra? without stuttering?

I thought you'd have asked if it had freetrack, LoBiSoMeM ;)

Fansadox
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM
So the captain has left the sinking ship? or what......

Lifeboats and jackets please and we need to get out while we are still on sea since it will stutter as soon as we hit land ;P

JG1_Luckystrike
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
So the captain has left the sinking ship? or what......

Lifeboats and jackets please and we need to get out while we are still on sea since it will stutter as soon as we hit land ;P

Good one,

as they say: The rats leaving the sinking ship. :)

dali
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
how quickly you have turned from adoration to hatred. and nobody knows neither the status nor what was and still is going on.

it is pretty strange though, that 1c moderators are deleting posts containign criticism and/or critical questions about the real roadmap (if there is any)...

Oleg Maddox
04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

1. I don't think that CoD is thinking ship even if I would left completely.

2. Guys working hard to solve different things in a code.

3. Soon will be patch. Hope today, but not sure. There should be major first fixes for the microfrizes. Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so.

4. I'm not in vacation. Yes,, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

thats all for now. I will tell more when I will be ready, or you allwill hear it by other channels, becasue I now can't spend so much time for readiung forums like in the past..

Be sure all posts with normal input of bugs without histeria development team is reading and put it in the list, if they are real bugs.

easytarget3
04-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

1. I don't think that CoD is thinking ship even if I would left completely.

2. Guys working hard to solve different things in a code.

3. Soon will be patch. Hope today, but not sure. There should be major first fixes for the microfrizes. Then in time will be big patch and as usual in the past with Il-2 series releases who still remeber it - with some new content I think. Maybe in a month or so. At least I think so.

4. I'm not in vacation. Yes,, I plan completely new things. Including in simulation.

thats all for now. I will tell more when I will be ready, or you allwill hear it by other channels, becasue I now can't spend so much time for readiung forums like in the past..

Be sure all posts with normal input of bugs without histeria development team is reading and put it in the list, if they are real bugs.

thaks for everything oleg and good luck!!!

ATAG_Bliss
04-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks Oleg!

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks Oleg, good luck if/when you leave CoD

addman
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Great to hear from you Oleg and thanks for the info. Good luck on your other ventures!

robtek
04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Good luck, Oleg

"and thanks for all the fish" :-D

doghous3
04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Could be an idea to post just his comments on a new thread, as it's an official statement. It'll probably get lost just being here.

Good to read though.

Opitz
04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank you Oleg for this next-gen and just brilliant game!

Oleg Maddox
04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Thank you Oleg for this next-gen and just brilliant game!

Reading your post:

I think if it will be polished in reasonable time, as well as possibly would be developed as I was planning myself - this will be again sim for years. The potential that we put there is really great. Sad that many, including some users didn't understand it.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I think a fair few do see further than the current issues, and that CoD can certainly be a sim that will grow.

Once these optimization patches smooth out, I'll happily recommend the game to friends, etc.

Buchon
04-08-2011, 12:14 PM
+1 sticky

The game is brilliant Oleg, the anger of the trolls prove it.

It just need be polished to reveal his true form but that is all.

Strike
04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Oh a lot of us see the potential Oleg, they just want things to happen yesterday! Sadly that is not always the case, but there is no reason for hysteria. Patience and cooperation with the developers is the key here. Your reputation for IL-2 (been playing it since it was available here) tells me what I need to know. That we can count on this sim and that it will be around at least as long as IL-2 :)

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your new future!

JG1_Luckystrike
04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
my steam account says it all: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover 56 Hours played
Crysis 2 9 Hours played
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis 43 Hours

NNFFL=Clovis=
04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Reading your post:

I think if it will be polished in reasonable time, as well as possibly would be developed as I was planning myself - this will be again sim for years. The potential that we put there is really great. Sad that many, including some users didn't understand it.

No doubt for the potential. But before thinking potential I would have liked to see the basics well implemented. At the moment the game does not need polishing, it just needs to be finished.

JG52Uther
04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Reading between the lines (perhaps wrongly)
They were forced to publish it now,even in its current state,and not their choice to do so.

ATAG_Bliss
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Reading your post:

I think the majority of people from the old IL2 see it just fine. The old game is over 10 years old and still getting patches. That should say something about the IL2 series in itself. Some people just don't make the correlation I guess.

FZG_Immel
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I think the majority of people from the old IL2 see it just fine. The old game is over 10 years old and still getting patches. That should say something about the IL2 series in itself. Some people just don't make the correlation I guess.

i've been there from Il2 beta test..

Now, let me tell you something.. this game has potential. And I hope the team can finish it. But right now, the game is NOT PLAYABLE in a BoB context, and is not finished.

I would have prefered a DCS-10C approach, selling me a beta, and telling things as they were. I bought DCS-10C beta, willingnly.

jibo
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
the web is full of spoiled brats unfortunately
thx Oleg, planes are gorgeous, we all know this gonna be IL2 all over again

BernieBrown
04-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Now, let me tell you something.. this game has potential. And I hope the team can finish it. But right now, the game is NOT PLAYABLE in a BoB context, and is not finished.

I would have prefered a DCS-10C approach, selling me a beta, and telling things as they were. I bought DCS-10C beta, willingnly.

i agree! the DCS-10C approach would be the right choice also regarding the loyal and heavily testing community!

guessing that 1C didnt have much choice on this in the shadow of ubisoft.

NN_Gryne
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Exactly!!!

bongodriver
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZG_Immel

Exactly!!!

But it wasn't.......did the world end because of it?.......no, was it worth all the whingeing?..........no

Armatian
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks Oleg for the words!
I had a very good PC on il-2 launch, and i well remember that i uninstalled it shortly after testing 5 min, then came after two big patchs attracted by the new planes, and the performance was multiplied and max settings were sustainable.
I can't even imagine how big this is in comparison.
I'm a huge fan, but my life doesn't end when i leave the pc and i think the reactions have been shameful.
GL