PDA

View Full Version : Maybe i found the problem?Please devs read this

vincent_dimicco
04-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Sorry i don't know if this is the correct section to post, but i'm to exited to think where to post right now.
I installed the beta patch, and i saw no improvements, but as i don't give up on this game becouse i like it, i like the cockpits and the flight model i decided to try a quick mission
(battle over calais)it was unplayable for me becouse i still don't know well how to manage engines well(i know very well how to use mixture and propeller controls anyway)regarding the new radiators options, and with the absence of messages(old il2 radiator positions for example)i decided to try it disable advanced engine managment and the temperature check option(i don't remember the exact name in the options)SURPRISE, i went into the battle and my FPS were almost doubled, i went again in the setup screen i maxed up almost all graphic options(except building number)and in the game i noticed no FPS loss(anyway some stutter is still in, but very minor).
So maybe the problem of this game is complex engine managment?something wrong with its code?maybe a solution could be to rework it?or to send to another core(i think here almost every one has at least a dual core cpu)
what do you think about?

ubermachtig
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I think it's a placebo, but ofcourse, I hope otherwise

Danny M NL
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't use CEM, but I still have problems with bad FPS, so this is probably not the actual problem...

Cpt.Badger
04-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't use CEM, but I still have problems with bad FPS, so this is probably not the actual problem...

Same here.