PDA

View Full Version : Beta Patch – and we mean BETA!

Pages : [1] 2

luthier
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
It's here! There is no readme yet. The patch addresses a lot of small things, which will all be listed in the readme included with the patch once it goes live.

Main areas of improvement are performance and FPS. We’ve also updated sounds, fixed some minor bugs around aircraft etc.

We’re still optimizing some things as I write this, so the final patch should offer slightly better performance.

Before installing the patch, make sure that your game version is up to date. If you have disabled automatic updates in steam, re-enable it and allow steam to update the game to the most recent version which is 1.00.13820.

The patch will not work with an earlier version of Cliffs of Dover.

Download the patch and manually extract it to your main game directory which by default is
(Program Files)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Your new game version will be 1.00.13915. This patch will later be overwritten by an automatic update.

Note that while this version will allow you to play online with the older version, they are actually incompatible and you will run into issues. You do not have to report them.

http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofDover/IL2COD_13915.rar

What to look for:
1. Changes in performance – please report whether it’s gotten better, and if so, by how much.
2. Any graphical bugs or glitches, especially with landscape, buildings and trees.
3. Any other unforeseen glitches and bugs.

PLEASE keep this thread ONLY for the discussion of the beta patch. Please do not re-report previously reported issues. Please do not use this as a Q&A thread or a flamewar thread or a feature request thread or a lamentation thread. Please keep it purely utilitarian. That’s what this beta patch is – a quick way to see if it does what it should without doing something it shouldn’t.

Thank you all for your support!

NOTE: This is the international version of the patch. It will not work with the Russian version. If you have purchased a Russian version of the game, download this instead:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofDover/IL2COD_13915_ru.rar

Mirrors:

Eng
http://uploading.com/files/m21m18d1/IL2COD_13915.rar/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0B7RW3N5

Rus
http://uploading.com/files/a21736c7/IL2COD_13915_ru.rar/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O294JUXV

[Quick Note - 1845 Moscow time]

Some additional points:

1. Many of you reported being unable to run the game in full screen now. The issue is actually a WIP feature. Until today, CoD only supported a pseudo full screen mode, i.e. a stretched window with no borders. Post-patch we'll have three modes: window, pseudo full screen, and true full screen. We just don't have a GUI switch for it yet, and it can't set it right.
This will be addressed in the live version of the patch.

2. As the patch mainly addressed graphics, the performance gain should have been most noticeable on older machines. The faster your videocard, the less increase in FPS. Eventually your CPU becomes the limiting factor.

3. We do have some additional optimizations that didn't make the beta, like I said. Trees are now a bit faster, and we've optimized block loading, the periodic load-unload of large terrain swatches as you move across the map.

4. If you cannot launch the game, I don't have a fix at this time. We're trying to figure out why this may be happening. Probably a version mismatch somewhere, or it may be connected to the #1 above.
If you wish, you can downgrade to the earlier version by simply right-clicking the game in steam, selecting Properties, and then going to Local Files - Verify Integrity of Local Cache.

And the most important note. If you notice REDUCED performance, crashes, or any kind of other crippling issues, it is extremely important you post your system specs including your version of Windows. That's the only way we can troubleshoot your problem and make sure it disappears by tomorrow!

Thanks again everyone, please keep at it!

Nike-it
04-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Here are two mirrors, hope they will be faster:

Eng
http://uploading.com/files/m21m18d1/IL2COD_13915.rar/

Rus
http://uploading.com/files/a21736c7/IL2COD_13915_ru.rar/

If you know any faster place please let me know.

doghous3
04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Patched.

Few points.

1. Current resolution 1900x1200 (something like that), desktop res 2560x1600.. so when the mission loads up the game opens in like a borderless window and i'm at desktop res. EDIT:: alt-tabbed to adjust desk-top res to match, went to options after a fly and discovered my in-game res was changed to 1280x1024!

2. Flew over London, plenty of stutterings as buildings load in. Tree's off btw.

3. Tried cross-country mission (includes take-off) still stutters a bit at begining, but stops very quickly and a considerable improvement in FPS whilst on the ground <-- invalid, res was 1280x1024 and not 1920x1200. - read 1.. will try again with native res. EDIT: at native res, FPS varied between 5 and 20 FPS.. avg 10FPS. Unplayable at native res of 2560x1600.

4. Changed res to playable res: 1920x1200, CoD crashed (always does anyway).. changed desktop res to 1920x1200. Sorted issue of 1, a workaround at least. CTD first attempt to load. Tried channel quick mission, cross-country, London sight-seeing.

5. Loading time from desktop to menu is a lot longer. As in going from the loading screen, that is it finishes and screen goes blank for a good 10secs before you are in the cockpit.

6. Stuttering seemed worse at lower resolutions.

7. Using GPU-Z, the GPU usuage can be as low as 30%.

8. Server browser working, but not always shows server's that are actually online.

9. Spawning a plane in MP is sometimes bugged and you can't start the engine.

10. Turned tree's on, high. I understand this patch didn't optimize the tree's? Well, only a small FPS drain with tree's on. Certainly no increased stutter, which imo is purely down to buildings. Would be nice to be able to turn buildings off and see the difference. Are you sure you optimized the buildings... heh.

11. Stutters are more pronounced flying closer to buildings.

Personally, it seems I have no performance gain. Still stutter's, same FPS. To me, seems the same as before the patch.

Options set to max, except building detail/amount very low and trees off. FPS will vary between 25-60. (tree's now on, just lowers my avg FPS, no increased stuttering).

Yep, I checked version numbers and it's patched.

Hope it is allowing people with a lower spec machine to run it.. it was playable for me anyway.

System specs:

Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (Gulftown) Extreme Edition;
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 2048MB;
Patriot Torqx 256GB SSD;
Corsair 12GB 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 Dominator;
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Intel X58;
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit;
30" Dell Monitor.

I/JG27_Zimmi
04-07-2011, 10:55 AM
No matter which settings I use (forrest on/off, building details etc.) I get 30-50 frames with mini freezes all the time. It seems to me even less playable with fast movements than before. Even Photoshop in background with 1 GB file being worked, does not significantly effect the framerate.

Affinitymask set to 0, 15, and 255 btw.

---------------------

2600k, GTX 560 Ti Phantom II 2GiG, 16Gig Ram 1600MHz

Binni
04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Patched, now only sound but no screen. By activating task-manager i will get the screen back, but if I try to start a mission I get the error message that the launcher-exe has stopped working...

And the most important note. If you notice REDUCED performance, crashes, or any kind of other crippling issues, it is extremely important you post your system specs including your version of Windows. That's the only way we can troubleshoot your problem and make sure it disappears by tomorrow!

jibo
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Mirror EN beta patch
100 Mbs/5 slots
http://dl.free.fr/k57NRTCOg

andmcq
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, so far in 10mins of testing I've seen;

- Substantially smoother framerate + general FPS improved (actually playable in limited testing)

- AI planes don't show up in some of the quick missions?

@.@
04-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Average fps over land: 11

Buildings and trees set to low, screen res: 1360x768.

Specs: ATI HD4850 512mb, Intel C2D E6400 2,13ghz, 3gb RAM.

mangotango
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
After patching the CoD does not even start! I get the "cross hair" logo for 5 sec then nothing more.
Checked the processes and there is no Cod process open - it has auto shutdown.

Buzzer
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Same problem as doghous3:
*If running game in a res lower than desktop it will not fill the whole screen.

*Changing refresh rate to 60Hz, which should be correct, from 59Hz, gave me just a black screen.
By ctrl-alt-delete'ing the screen/menu became visible again.

*fps the 5sec i played seemed almost doubled (with same settings).
Abt 30fps in cockpit in training mission1 before, now it was 60ish...
But need to test more once I can run in fullscreen...

pupo162
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
good but notenough:

London has FPS now, rather than a slidshow every 2 seconds. somehting like 10 fps now, wit hbig stutters.

-still stutters when aproaching cities.
-still stutters when getting close to enemy bombers /fighters
fps gain pof around 5-10 in general.

-still stutters for everything.

running a 5770 quad 2.5 3-ddr2

running low and mediums most of stuff. window mode.

Tonyhippo
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
No useful difference here at all, maybe a little smoother but not much.

Frame rate is generally OK as it was before, its just so jerky, just the same as before.

AA only slows frame rate, no visable quality difference in game, just the same as before.

I7, HD5850, Windows 7 64 SP1.6GB ram

Kankkis
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
My results same as before patch(yes version checked)

Stuttering is here as before, when i play at some time it comes better but those houses is really performance hog to me, couple of houses and game is warping, not trees and nothing else, but houses.

So no difference for me :(

My rig

Ati 5970
6gig DDR3
Win 7 64bit
i7 920 3,6GHz

how this game can be so fast mission loading times, A-10 and RoF first loading takes much much longer. Seems to this game loads after mission is loaded??

addman
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
This is weird, now it stutters both over land AND water. Before it was super-smooth over water and now it's a stutter fest. I'll tinker with some settings but might have to revert to previous versions. Bit of anti-climax this is LOL!

etzi
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
running a 5770 quad 2.5 3-ddr2

running low and mediums most of stuff. window mode.

Sorry dude, but your 5770 is simply out of date for CoD.

Helrza
04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
about the black screen after the crosshairs, quick fix for u guys to try, after you start the executable click anywhere on the desktop. will stop screen going black

As requested:

AMD Athlon x64 +6000 3.0Ghz Dual Core
Gygabyte GA-G55SLI-4
6GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2 800Mhz ram
Nvidia GTS250 1GB GDDR3
Windows 7 32bit

As stated in a later post, major problems are the shadows (any) and the buildings for me :) buildings reduced to low detail do run good, but i havnt had time to post due to work :) Black screen is easy to get round so not a real problem to me :)

jimbop
04-07-2011, 11:22 AM
1. Current resolution 1900x1200 (something like that), desktop res 2560x1600.. so when the mission loads up the game opens in like a borderless window and i'm at desktop res. EDIT:: alt-tabbed to adjust desk-top res to match, went to options after a fly and discovered my in-game res was changed to 1280x1024!

+1 here

SDT_longshot
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
well ive downloaded and exstracted the patch to where the instructions told me to in steam i started my game up and i get the black square with a orange crosshair comes up like it should but after that nothink at all happens untill i install the old files back into the game then the game starts successfully

am i missing somethink or is this a error within the patch ?

Flanker35M
S!

Same bug here as mentioned above, if running other resolution than desktop the game is not going fullscreen. Back to testing.

KG200_Spartan
So... no difference and for me !!!:confused:

My rig

Ati 5970
6gig DDR3
Win 7 64bit
i7 950

Wynthorpe
04-07-2011, 11:26 AM
A bit better, but still not great to be honest, wild FPS fluctuations over the isle of white between 18 and 34 constantly and still quite a lot of stutters

i7 950 @4.2Ghz
6GB XMS3
GTX460 768mb @906Mhz clock speeds.

Still very bad Aliasing.

FZG_Immel
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
report:

slight FPS improvement over ground, but lots of stuttering still.

Also, for the 1st time, I had a LAUNCHER.exe crash while flying a single mission over france

Bewolf
04-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Well, tested it, games runs a bit smoother then before. Still have to disable houses and trees, though.

A major headache here, as described by others, the GUI is screwed up and running the game in anything less then native monitor resolution will result in borderless window mode.

Intel Core Duo E6750
4GB
Geforce 250GTS
Win7 64bit

F16_Petter
04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Another mirror, for English Version.
No limits.
http://www.f16vs.se/fil/IL2COD_13915.rar

justme262
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
having all sorts of trouble with screen changing to windowed mode when it loads up a flight and changing resolution to both higher or lower resolution. So changed my desktop rez to 1280x720 to match game. blanks screen while ubi logo music is playing. alt tab to get to game and I'm flying over doved full screen. 45-55 fps quite smooth from cockpit but freezes from flyby and external view.

before patch was getting 30-50 fps over land
after patch 45-55 fps but still micro stutters is still unpleasant to play

models high
effects medium
damage decals medium
trees low
everything else low of very low
grass off
shadows on

amd dual core 3.3mhz, 4gig ddr3 1600mhz, GTX 460 overclocked, win 7 64

rfxcasey
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
After patching the CoD does not even start! I get the "cross hair" logo for 5 sec then nothing more.
Checked the processes and there is no Cod process open - it has auto shutdown.

You probably downloaded and installed the english patch over the russian install. If you have a russian install your need the russian version of the patch.

As for me, frame rates seem much more stable but have more studder then before when low over land.

Running the game at 1920x1200 med setting though detail level doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
AMD Phenom II 840 3.2Ghz
MSI GTX560ti 1GB @ 900Mhz core
4GB G.Skillz DDR2 1066 @ 800Mhz 5,5,5,15 timing.

Elixx
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Quick toughts on the patch.

First of all i set my graphics to Full HD, AAx8, epifilter false, all graphics verry high, exept buildings and trees amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3QE9HWtdo&feature=player_embedded#at=12

Pthemon II X6 1055T 3.8 ghz
4 gigs of ram
HD 6970 2gb

IvanK
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
More stutter lo level (Tree top height) over land post Beta patch
If I try to run at a Res lower than Full screen the display wont scale to fill entire screen it runs like frameless window.
No discernible increase in FPS
No audible change in sound both content and or quality.
Splash screen with Yellow reticle and aircraft symbol no longer showing on start ... just Black screen

Settings:
Model Detail Hi
Building Detail Low
Land Detail High
Forest Med
Visual Effects Med

Damage Decals hi
Building Amount Low
Land Shading High
Grass OFF
Shadows OFF
Roads On

GTX580
Win 7 64Bit 6Gb RAM
i7 920

andmcq
04-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Been playing for a half hour now and so far;

1. Game is much smoother, playable now. It actually feels like a game.

2. Strange, intermittent issues where the game doesn't show any screen on launching (only a black screen).

3. The custom info-boxes are actually usable.

mister_ping
04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Applied the patch, unfortunately don't see a great deal of difference, the stutters are still there. I changed settings from Medium, Med High and tried very lowest. Switched all trees, roads etc off and still getting the stutters however FPS does seem better. My bro has an i7, need to try it on his machine and see what kind of results I will get on that.

Thanks for the patch though, can see you guys are working very hard

My Rig

ATI HD Radeon 4870
Intel 2 Quad Q6600
4 GB DDR 2 Corsair 800MHZ
ASUS Commando
Windows 7 64 Bit

Psycho_Ch!cken
04-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Performance in general appears to be significantly better, but the stuttering remains, even over water. It doesn't seem to reduce over time either. Input lag also remains, though it appears slightly reduced.

I've been able to do the Dogfight: Advantage Allies mission and actually shoot planes down, which is nice.

I'm running 1920 x 1200 and have been able to go from Very Low settings pre-patch to a Custom setting half way between High and Very High. The framerate seems to hold up ok now, it's just the stuttering that's killing it.

Core i7 930 @ 3.6GHz, 6GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, 2 x Radeon 6950 2GB in Crossfire

mearle
04-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Stutters still as bad as ever,Trees off builings low.

GTX580
12 gig ram
Sandybridge at 4.8
SSD x2

mcler002
04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I like how they have fixed the server part of multiplayer...

But every time i try and load... it crashes (yes i did read the first post about MP not working/ Same patch etc)... I think the 'window' open box was easier to use then the interface they have created now... but we'll have to wait till tomo? (damm work in the morning!)

Cheers

Update - tried to load a quick mission to fly over london...... crashed at 4% load...

janpitor
04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Do you have SSDs in IDE or AHCI. Switching to IDE helped a lot (before patch, didn´t have time to test now)

=XIII=Shea
04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Still having bad stutters,all settings on medium.

TPReggie
04-07-2011, 11:54 AM
If I try to run at a Res lower than Full screen the display wont scale to fill entire screen it runs like framless window.

I have the same issue as IvanK. Image here:
http://postimage.org/image/wui4r7es/

Other than that no real difference for me.

SacaSoh
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
i5-760; 4gb ddr3 1333; HD6870 1Gb - 1920x1080, all medium except both buildings settings to low.

No Fps gain for me, and still having stutters over land.

minus10
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Game won't launch now. I get the logo for five seconds or so, then it exits.

If it helps track the bug, I have steam installed on a separate drive.

For those in a similar position who want their working version back, go to the Steam library, r-click IL2, Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It should fail and reacquire the old files. It now launches for me with previous version number.

sicotange
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM
This patch resulted in a significant improvement of the Framerates in my case. The game became totally playable at high settings and smooth at medium settings as enumerated below (video Settings). I can now enjoy the stunning details of IL2 COD :cool: Roughly speaking I think the patch easely doubled the Framerates!

My configuration:
=================

Rig:
----
CPU: AMD AthlonII X3 425 (2,7ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GT240
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2H
Memory: 4BG 1333mhz
HDD: WD 500GB (eco green)
Overclocking: NONE, stock settings

IL2 COD video Settings:
---------------------------
resolution: 1280x800, 59Hz 2x
fullscreen
Object Details: Medium Damage: Low
Buildings Details: Medium Buildings Quantity: Low
Ground Details: High Ground Shadow: Low
Forest: Disabled Grass: Enabled
Visuel Effects: Low Shadows: Disabled
Roads: Disabled

At the moment I'm enjoying the sim to much to give a more pertinent bug report but here is 1 small typo and a little bug I came across 10 minutes ago (a futilities really):

1)

- In the French version of the game when you land and brake (using default B key for example) it says:

"Freinage des routes: Activé" "Freinage des routes: Désactivé"

- The message corrected would be:

"Freinage des roues: Activé" "Freinage des roues: Désactivé" (routes = roads | roues = wheels)

2)

- I crashed with a Spitfire, a wing broke off but there was no sound at all when it happened.

Anyway, in my opinion IL2 COD is a beautifull baby trying to make it's first steps. I'm sure it will grow stronger and become a Greek hero :grin:

Keep up the great work IL2 Devs !

Elixx
04-07-2011, 12:03 PM
If you have problems to launch game or get stuck on loading screen, bring up task manager and press il2 cliffs of dover and that solves the problem for me.

touchdown42
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
A little bit smoother for me, but FPS increase only marginal. Over medium sized city up from 12-14 to perhaps 16-18. Maybe better after some flying over the same spot.
'Feels' smoother low over land, even with low fps.
Perhaps even a little bit better if > 600-800 m.

But also first time Launcher.Exe error for me

So i must say my expectation was higher, but it is definitely better than before, not worse ...

8GB DDR3
6950 2GB
Win7 64

tillobert
04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Well i love the patch. All those micro-stuttering is gone. And I have more FPS over Land (maybe 10+). My Card is gtx 560 ti OC version

jimbop
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Stuttering seems significantly reduced for me.

ParaB
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
No significant performance gain and still massive stuttering on my core I5 @4GHz, GTX 470, 8GB RAM, Win7 64 bit system

Average FPS at 1920x1080 with high settings (building detail and forest set to medium) over land in the low 20s, with massive stuttering especially near cities. London unplayable.

Buzzer
04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
* fps in training mission (in the Camel(?)) was significantly better - from 30ish to 50ish.

* fps in spitI starting on ground - very little difference. Same in air. Maybe +3fps. Dunno if the cockpit itself is so fps-heavy that the gain because of terrain improvement will only be slight...

* turning off mirror worked one time. The next time it gave me a simplified mirror...(?)

* channel intercept: fps still bad. Unplayable! 15ish fps after awhile.

* Very few trees = trees off. ie still no trees when there should be very few...

So....first the improvement seemed good. But after testing a bit more I am a bit disappointed...

mcler002
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
As the title says...

Back to 'normal' version for me :(

jimbop
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Question: should tracks taken pre-patch have performance change post-patch? If so (and I don't see why not) then there is zero FPS change on my rig on a free flight over Dover. See attached for a reasonably thorough comparison of FPS. Of course, if pre-patch track FPS won't change post-patch then I guess I wasted my time!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/5597890964_ab88151b58_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/5597890964/)
pre_vs_post_patch (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61319592@N06/5597890964/) on Flickr

doghous3
04-07-2011, 12:24 PM
I urge everyone after a flight, to check what the res is in the options. I thought it was spiffing until I realized CoD actually changed my res from 1920x1200 to 1280x1024...

Once I finally got it running as it did before, there is no perceptable improvement.

Interesting reading that others with a very similar system to mine report the same.

I7, 12Gb, HD5970.

Gfx card is working at full capacity, only one GPU though, of course.

Royraiden
04-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Well for me things are a bit better,once the textures and objects are loaded the stutters were almost gone.Being on the ground was not a slideshow anymore.I did a succesful landing on a Hurricane and while being on the ground it was a pleasure to look outside.

desastersoft
04-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Ilya!

Unplayable now.

My System:
i7 980 Extreme (6x3,33 GHZ) ASUS REVOLUTION MoBo, 12 GB Kingston DD3 fastest RAM, 2x GF 295 GTX Dual Grafic Cards (Quad System). Sound X-Fi Soundblaster.
Operating System: Win7/64 HE all drivers on newest date.

Following Bugs:
If i use less than 1920x1200 Resolution, i have the Game in the Left Side of Monitor and about 1/3 unused Monitor on the Rigth.

Performance:
Before Beta Patch i had about 20-38 FPS over Land, less enough for such system. Now i have between 5 and 18 FPS.

Also my settings were overwritten... Why? ;).... Thats far away from any point of discussion:cool:

It seems that more bug is increast than decreast... i go on version before patch, because with that framerate no test is possible.

No601_Merlin
04-07-2011, 12:36 PM
No difference in frame rate here are pre patch and post patch video same settings and location.
I found that having the mirror on, no longer reduces FPS by 20.
Pre-patch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTLAYz--ibk)
Post-patch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eINzog6ZQvA)

Average 25 FPS after patch with aero disabled

1680 x 1050
Mirror: off
Model detail: high
Building detail : very low
Land detail: low
Visual effects: medium
Damage decals: medium
Building amount: low
Land shadow: low
Grass: off / Shadows: on / Roads: off

Helrza
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
BLACK SCREEN CAN BE WORKED AROUND BY CLICKING ON THE DESKTOP WHEN YOU SEE THE INITIAL CROSSHAIRS!

I know it shouldnt happen, but it works for now until its sorted, which im sure it will be later. And im guessing its nvidia related.

Found initial rendering of buildings still causing slight stutters (alot less than before patching). When u get closer, rendering of building detail causing stutter.

Im now able to fly with forest on full.

Now able to turn on grass.

Land Shading, detail and Shadows caused a massive loss of performance, ran best at low or off.

Everything else on full.

Fusek
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I just had two quick test runs with the new patch, 2xHurri against 5 twin bombers. Over all, fps have increased by about 15, with higher fps when flying alone. Stuttering, especially over land, hasn't improved much.

This game finally feels playable for me :)

1440x900
AMD Phenom X4 9500
Sapphire HD4870 vapor x 1GB
3 GB RAM

Model detail: med
Building detail : very low
Land detail: low
Visual effects: medium
Damage decals: medium
Building amount: low
Land shadow: low
Grass: off / Shadows: on / Roads: off

BadAim
04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't have time right now for extensive testing, but in the 1/2 hr or so I put in, the game "feels" better, but frames are only up slightly. I still have some stutters, but it seems improved. I like the rest of the improvements a lot, multiplayer is way better.

minus10
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
For those, like me, who can't even run the game post patch (Logo, 5 secs, exit before black screen), I suggest you go to your Steam library and turn off the automatic updates in case a solution is not found before tomorrows patch and you want to play what you have.

A reminder - if you use steam to verify the game cache from local files it will undo the manual patch.

Other things I have tried to fix this issue which have failed:

1) Cloud synch on/off to ensure my conf is good (have original install conf in Cloud)

2) reapplied patch after cache integrity check which resets the install on patched files

Apart from either my Steam install being in the non standard directory (M:/ disk) or some odd hardware mismatch (unlikely as spec if mainstream), I've run out of ideas on this one.

strongbird
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Still getting about 15-20 over land
My friend got same videocard as me and he runs it at 40-50 on medium settings while i run medium aswell and i get that low

he got a slightly less better CPU

Specs:

Win7 64bit
I7 860 quad core
GTX 275
4gb Ram DDR3

Phazon
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Latest catalyst with my 6870 detects the right clock speeds in-game without third party programs like MSI afterburner.

I am using the 11.3 drivers. They are the latest official drivers at this current point in time. Several people have confirmed the issue with HD6xxx series card too so its confusing as to what is happening.

That issue aside, I have noticed no difference in FPS. Did a quick flight at sea and flew inland over the smaller villages. FPS out at sea was relatively smooth as always, as soon as I moved inland the FPS dropped and the game gets that choppy feeling again just as it did before. It is disappointing but that said it is a beta patch so final release might be better.

I also noticed that the sound bug where you hear the undercarriage as if its always rolling even if you are perfectly still on the ground is still present. :(

Sauf
04-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Fps seems the same for me in the before and after tests i ran, the game does "feel" smoother than post patch, but maybe thats just wishful thinking.

ps thx for the airfield names in FMB

desastersoft
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
The Beta shows up with much more Minifreezes also. I had steady stutters with one AC in Air. In normal Version no stutters and freezes. and as sayed: Less performance and longer Loading time...

Again System: i7 980 Extreme (HexCore) 12 GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, ASUS REVOLUTION MoBo and 2x GF GTX 295 Dual Cards (Quad System).

Same effects with and without SLI....Solong

Thomas

JG52Uther
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Running a bit better for me overall. The 'free flight ' mission I saw no change, but in the Manston 018 airfield attack mission that is now playable for me,with 25 + fps in cockpit,with occasional drops down to single figures but better than before.
My resolution is set at 1280 x 800,and tthat did not change when I installed the beta patch.
high plane details
trees off
houses low
4AA
shadows on
everything else at medium.

Meusli
04-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Double improvement in the reported average fps but I seem to get less actual fps. While the stuttering is gone the game seems to be less smooth with lots of little pauses at busy times.

I7920 @3.3ghz
ga-udr3-x58
6GB ddr3 Ram
4870x2
X-FI HD

I expect improvement for me will be when crossfire support is introduced and not before hand.

BlackbusheFlyer
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
About same for me.. average of 10 fps on ground on medium settings and about 22fps in the air, plenty of stutters. Using Nvidia driver version 270.51. It does not feel much different to be honest from before. My resolution is: 2560x1440 both in game and desktop on 27" LED LCD.

Win 7 64 i7 930 (@ 4Ghz), 6 Gb DDR3 ram, Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB, C300 SATA3 SSD

avioni
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
no improvement here, gtx 295 on i7 i do get some flickering now that i wasnt getting before with my custom settings use in nvidia inspector.

Curso
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Installed the patch, have seen a very slight FPS increase however the little stutter is still there with is major frustrating :(

AMD Pheanom 9650 (4cores) 2.3ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
4GB Ram

addman
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Bug report/graphic anomaly: I just played the bf-109 intercept blenheim mission and whilst I was firing at a bomber a tree popped up mid-air! I giggled a little to myself but I guess I should report it. Tree pops up in mid air whilst firing on a blenheim bomber from a bf-109.

P.S Thanks for putting the airfield markers back in the FMB, +1!

catar
04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
FPS improvement about+5 but a lot more stutters then before the beta patch.Low or medium settings still the same performance for me

bongodriver
04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Massive Improvement for me, but I have to live without my beloved shadows, and AA has to be x2, everything else is on max, theres prob some more tweaks I can try.

over london I am averaging 20fps and no sign of too much rubber banding (microstutters) but it will dip to 12 fps, mirror off helps a bit but maxing to about 34 fps

over water with everything on max including shadows and 8X AA, there is no microstuttering at all, and fps counter seems to be fixed at 55 across the boerd i.e. actual, Average, min and max all read 55 fps

resolution set at 1680x1050 60hz

my system is:

core2 quad OC'd to 3.2 ghz, 8Gb DDR3, GTX470 no OC 1280 GDDR5, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

chappy
04-07-2011, 01:21 PM
if anything i feel its running worse than it was previously
im getting more frequent microstutters from what i can tell

I7 930 - OC to 3.8ghz
GTX570 stock
6 gig ram
win7 64bit

FS~Phat
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Edit: For some reason the graphics settings werent being applied properly and I didnt realise it till after I restarted. Havent gotten used to the graphics yet to know the difference.
In any case the game is defintely better and smoother but still has a way to go.

I have 50 FPS in cockpit with some stutter.. and the usual hitch as more textures are loaded for the landscape but not as bad as before.
No longer turns into a slideshow when firing on planes or bombers.

I have everything maxed out @ 1920x1080 including 4x AA except for unlimited buildings.
In London I get 30 FPS in cockpit and drops occasionally to just above 20 or so but mostly smooth once all the textures have loaded.
I have a 4.6Ghz i7 950 with 6GB DDR3 Ram @ 2000Mhz 9-9-9-24 and 4 x 5870 @ 1000/1300. The games uses less than 30% CPU on a single core and keeps 1GPU core pegged at 99%.

Its actually just playable now at least offline anyway, good job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

damar
04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Average FPS has a little improvement(from 20 to fps30).Now it's playable:)
But still stutter above city &forrest.
1024*768 with medium setup.No grass, no road, no AA.
my rig:
i5 2500k+GTX 260+DDR3 4G 1600MHZ

rok
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Definitely an improvement in fps in my mediocre system. In freeflight France mission if I dive to the beach and fly north with cliffs to my right side I get around 20 fps in 1920x1080. But after flying straight a minute or so the framerate starts to jump erratically around 10 fps. All this with every land setting in minimum or disabled.

Anyways with lower resolutions the game is for the first time at least somewhat playable when over sea or very plain terrain.

E4300@3GHz, HD4850, 4 GB DDR2, 80GB X25-M Intel SSD

tf_neuro
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Installed and quick tested: no difference worth mentioning.
Will try again when I get an nVidia 460 video card with 2GB RAM. Hope that's enough for 3840x1024.

Game is (barely) playable at 2400x600 but looks horrible. Medium-low settings, cockpit looks good, anything else doesnt. Would look much better if at least antialiasing worked. Too bad it doesnt.

After the patch, I tried running at 3840x1024 but the game stuttered as hell, FPS around 8, low settings.

Back to 2400x600 (which was playable before the patch, anyway), maybe it is slightly better compared with pre-patch... or maybe it's a placebo effect. Antialiasing still not working. Not working using the in-game setting, not working if I force it through nVidia control panel (yes, does work on other games, including IL-2 '46)

specs:
i7 970 @3.60
Rampage 3
6GB DDR3 @2000
GTS250 1GB
Triple Head Analog (3840x1024 max)

Oldschool61
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Running a bit better for me overall. The 'free flight ' mission I saw no change, but in the Manston 018 airfield attack mission that is now playable for me,with 25 + fps in cockpit,with occasional drops down to single figures but better than before.
My resolution is set at 1280 x 800,and tthat did not change when I installed the beta patch.
high plane details
trees off
houses low
4AA
shadows on
everything else at medium.

Do some people not realize that the AA is giving them anywhere from a 10% -almost 20% reduction in FPS depending on there settings. I would think that if FPS is that important that they would turn of ALL graphics enhancing features like AA and AF. Your already playing at a high resolution all the AA is doing is giving you an FPS hit which is not what people need now.

baffa
04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
The only thing I noticed is the occasional failure to load the game (black screen where the intro video should be) and increased loading times.
The stutters is still there I'm afraid :(

AMD Phenom X4 965 3.4 GHz
8 GB ram
GeForce GTX 275
Windows 7 64bit

Oldschool61
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Not sure why you guys haven't seen any improvement.

I have seen an absolutely massive improvement!

I have 50 FPS in cockpit with very minimal stutter.. just the occasional hitch as more textures are loaded for the landscape.
No longer turns into a slideshow when firing on planes or bombers.

I have everything maxed out @ 1920x1080 including 8x AA except for unlimited buildings.
In London I get 30 FPS in cockpit and drops occasionally to just above 20 or so but its still smooth.
I have a 4.6Ghz i7 950 with 6GB DDR3 Ram @ 2000Mhz 9-9-9-24 and 4 x 5870 @ 1000/1300. The games uses less than 30% CPU on a single core and keeps 1GPU core pegged at 99%.

Its actually really playable now at least offline anyway, magnificent job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to be only the unlimited buildings that drops london down to about 10 FPS, outside london I can actually run unlimited buildings and still get 30 FPS!

Why dont you do a test with and without the 8xAA and compare the FPS increase

Skoshi Tiger
04-07-2011, 01:48 PM
No patch Joy for me.

I've downloaded the patch from one of the mirrors and extracted the files with stuffit, but it doesnt overwrite the renobj.ddl it makes a renobj_1.dll. If I delete the file before I apply the patch it puts the file there ok. Cod v 820 starts up but when I try to play a mission it loads for a few seconds and then it stops responding and the dialog box comes up to end the task.

Will have to wait for the official update. Too tired to give it another go!

Cheers and good luck to all.

III/JG11_Simmox
04-07-2011, 01:49 PM
interestingly enough
i get almost no difference in performance
ranging from high to low settings
patch or pre patch
260,266,270 drivers
tweaks or no tweaks
sli on or off
any resolution

the performance is almost identical in every setting ive tried
6 to 25 fps across the board

only thing i havent tried is sound disabled,might give it a try

Q6600
4gigglys of dd2 1066
2 x 460gtx
audigy2
win7 64

edit
i am using the german campaign 1 for my testing as above
now i thought id try the brit mission 1 in the campaign
now would u believe i get a %50 performance increase here
with all the shelling and extra planes in the screen at the initial stage,i figured the performance would be worse
its seems its not the case
i see more trees and planes etc in the brit mission
im at a loss to explain this atmo
20 to 45 fps across the board
the explosions look magnificient

strange darts indeed

Skoshi Tiger
04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
going to try tonight... but how do I go back to previous path in case something goes wrong? thank you.

Open up your steam library, right click on COD and choose properties, go to local files tab on the dialogue box that pops up and click on the button "verify the integrity of the game cache"

I've done it a few times tonight!

Cheers!

ARGH
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
quick impressions of the patch;

the stutters are finally gone, as advertised!

there appears to be an fps improvement but i am not sure as this could be a placebo effect from the elimination of stutters.

the game is finally playable over land. i tested this with the quick bomber intercept mission over london. before patch game would stutter violantly over land, regardless of settings. now it is smooth as it should be as long as my frame rate keeps up.

people still complaining about stutters either;

1, did not patch properly.

2, are confusing stuttering with data loading and or low fps.

to test for stuttering load up the quick mission intercept over london. turn off trees and set buildings to low. ensure you are achieving at least 30 fps and allow the game a moment to load the map and objects.

there should not be any stuttering.

on a side note, this is not the ultra optimization patch! this is just to eliminate stuttering with a slight fps boost. the real patch is the one that puts the rendering engine on it's dedicated core instead of cramming everything into one core. this will double your fps to whatever you are getting now!

tested on i7 @ 3.84ghz / gtx 580 stock clocks.
1080p w/ max settings but trees off and buildings to low to check for stuttering.

Derinahon
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I tested before and after in four different quick missions. My lowest FPS has increased over land, but the stuttering is worse, especially when taking my first looks left and right. After half a minute things do settle down, but overall I have more stutter now, even over the channel.

Before and after FPS:

Free Flight Channel

Min 48 Max 73 Av 52
Min 44 Max 96 Av 58

Free Flight England

10, 70, 48
27, 53, 36

London Sight Seeing

5, 52, 33
13, 78, 26

Dogfight Even

39, 59, 52
19, 58, 46

I'm running slightly optimistic settings: high detail and everything on, except Buildings, building detail and forest which are on medium. AA is 2x. This was previously OK and I like the eye candy so don't mind slightly less FPS. Now though, I think the stutter will be a problem.

i7 930 2.93
HD6970 2GB
128GB Corsair C300 SSD
Windows 7 64

Forgot to say, now I get a black screen on loading. Need to Ctrl+Alt+Del > Task manager to get it going.

242Sqn_Chap
04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
No issues here.
(although had to take a bit of time to get all of the beta files into the correct place with a steam install.)

'First impression' here is that its probably slightly smoother. (but I got playable performance anyhow with the original.)

edit:-
'Flickering' is gone with the houses.
Also the Black artifact from what looked to be a 'textbox' before.

i5 2600k 4GB Ram ATI 6850 'Toxic' Win7 64bit (not overclocked in any way.) Medium or High setting 4xAA, Shadows on.

pancake
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Also an improvement here, nothing groundbreaking but can fly almost smoothly with few planes over sea, and on much reduced settings I can jerkily fly over land now. Putting shadows on wiped this out however, even over sea. Still its a start....

Oh, my modest specs: athlon II x3 440 3GHz, 4G Ram, Geforce 240, Win7 64.

IbanezLaney
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the patch and trying to get everything sorted out.

Good improvement when low over towns when no other planes around- should be fine once the load is spread over all 4 cores. At the moment I just get one CPU maxed out all the time and the other 3 doing nothing at all no matter what affinity settings are in conf.ini.

Having shadows on almost halves the fps. Cockpit is also killing fps a lot.
Disabling the click-able cockpit make no difference at all.

Changing certain display options still crashes to desktop.

No noticeable difference when over water.

When the engine is on fire/smoking fps drops to 10. The smoke effects seem to be overly hard on the computer.

Settings:
1280x1024 fullscreen
Model Detail - High
Visual Effects - Medium
Damage Decals - Medium
Everything else low or off
Average FPS would be 50 on smaller quick missions over water. Lows approx 10 when close up smoke onscreen. Highs of 65-70 if I look at sky and no planes in view. (fps listed are with cockpit off).

i7-870 @ 3.2ghz
9800GT 1GB (upgrading to ????? soon - will post if it make massive difference)
4GB RAM 1333
XP

etzi
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I have to say, that the performance is a little bit better.

A few more fps and the stuttering is a bit better, but still disapointing, if you compare it with my system.

There are not so many flickering textures as before.

Thank you very much Luthier!

NLS61
04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Strangely enough I exeperienced a serious down grade of the game.
Where I was havinge some but no severe micro stutters and good frame rates at meduim settings, I now have the same microstutters and BIG freezes where the game stalles for multiple second on row and that frequent.
Was the game before playable it now is unbearable.
My system.
ASUS P8P67 EVO 2500k 4Ghz msi gtx560ti 4gb ram 13333 kingston and a wee big Mugen2 cooler.
OS win7 32bit
Niels

Corrvan
04-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I went from this
http://img228.imageshack.us/i/helps.jpg/
to the little crosshair popping up for half a second, dissapearing, and nothing happening with the patch.

etzi
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
perhaps you can politely acknowledge my claims were not as false as you claimed?

Sure some improvements, but not "massive" as you said. But it goes ahead.

Another problem i have is the visible black framework on the ground at the horizon. Hope you can see it on the picture.

http://www.abload.de/thumb/graphicflickeringjnul.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=graphicflickeringjnul.jpg)

Derinahon
04-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Sure some some improvements, but not "massive" as you said. But it goes ahead.

Another problem i have is the visible black framework on the ground at the horizon. Hope you can see it on the picture.

I had this with my 6970. If you force AF on in CCC it goes away. I use 8x, seems to do the trick.

Bertram W. Wooster
04-07-2011, 02:41 PM
After installing the beta patch, launcher.exe now crashes immediately when I try to start the game. I don't even get to the splash page. When installing the patch, I was prompted to overwrite my existing files so the patch files were installed to the correct path.

Here's the crash info:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d6e3d08
Problem Signature 04: maddox
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4d9db2a0
Problem Signature 07: 48c
Problem Signature 08: 8
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

And my system specs:
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
E6500 2.93GHz @ 3.85GHz
4GB DDR2-800
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB

15JG52_Brauer
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm getting a small fps increase over London at 1680x1050 I recorded a track of the London intercept mission and played it back as a benchmark, as we used to do with the black death track.

luthier
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for helping us test this patch!

Some additional points:

1. The no-full-screen issue is actually a WIP feature. Until today, CoD only supported a pseudo full screen mode, i.e. a stretched window with no borders. Post-patch we'll have three modes: window, pseudo full screen, and true full screen. We just don't have a GUI switch for it yet, and it can't set it right.

2. As the patch mainly addressed graphics, the performance gain should have been most noticeable on older machines. The faster your videocard, the less increase in FPS. Eventually your CPU becomes the limiting factor.

3. We do have some additional optimizations that didn't make the beta, like I said. Trees are now a bit faster, and we've optimized block loading, the periodic load-unload of large terrain swatches as you move across the map.

4. If you cannot launch the game, I don't have a fix at this time. We're trying to figure out why this may be happening. Probably a version mismatch somewhere, or it may be connected to the #1 above.
If you wish, you can downgrade to the earlier version by simply right-clicking the game in steam, selecting Properties, and then going to Local Files - Verify Integrity of Local Cache.

lothar29
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
L

It will restore it to the current steam version.

I've also set up previous version thanks to steam... to the previous to this BETA patch

ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Intel CORE 2 Quad 9550 Rev:E0 3.60Ghz
4x2Gb = 8Gb RAM KingstoneHiperX 1066
Windows7 Home premium X64
GTX480
Tried also with GTX470
1280x1024
Nox APEX 700W Modular

15JG52_Brauer
04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I also noticed that forcing it to use NVIDIA Alternaet Frame Rendering1 or 2 does split the load across the GPU's in SLI (Aprox 50% load showing in GPUz on each- as against 1 at 99% on Nvidia Recomended setting) but actually results in loosing about 10 FPS. Nvidia Recomended SLI mode still only uses 1 GPU

mcler002
04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
specs are below!!!

SLI is off atm to run the game better!

Cheers

Eldur
04-07-2011, 02:51 PM
It runs a lot better with the old HD3870 card now, but still it's not good enough, probably just because the card is too old.

BigPickle
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Certainly a worse performace with the patch, I get lower FPS on average and actual than before patch.

More Stutters and more freezes than before patch also.

frame24
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi, my system specs:

Athlon II x4 640 @3GHz
HD5770
4GB DDR3 1333
(regular sata2 HDD)
windows 7 64 bit

1920*1080, trees, buildings set to low

The patch makes a little fps boost over water. Small stutters remain.
In London sightseeing, i am actually able to fly over the city(not like before), with an 1-30 fps range, avg. 15, still with serious stutters. Sadly, when switching to external view, the textures on the plane simply vanish or get badly degraded (like when i first click "Plane" settings in options, the textures are building up on the plane in about 2-3 secs).

5770 will be changed to 5870 anyway soon, but i'm not sure this will solve issues greatly.

Furio
04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Certainly a worse performace with the patch, I get lower FPS on average and actual than before patch.

More Stutters and more freezes than before patch also.

The same for me, unfortunately.

Mac Pro 5.1 with bootcamp and Windows Xp (runs flawlessly with old Il2).
Intel Xeon quad-core 2,8 GHz
6GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5570 with 1024 Mb.

AARPRazorbacks
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
I put in the patch and the game would not start.
took out the patch and the game worked better then it did before the patch.

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

I was not able to start the missions in 1280x1024 before I put in and then took out the patch now it will.

I have the 470 set at use my preference emphasizing- Quality.

No forest and grass (sure wish I could in XP) all others set at High but building amount set at low.

flying in Aerial battle-Dover, and flyable. fps up and down.

Dont know why the patch will not work. any Ideas ? UK version of CoD.

Also the sounds work better not fading in and out. So far.

This is flying off line. If that matters.
flyer01

112th_Rossi
04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi, my system specs:

Athlon II x4 640 @3GHz
HD5770
4GB DDR3 1333
(regular sata2 HDD)
windows 7 64 bit

trees, buildings set to low

The patch makes a little fps boost over water. Small stutters remain.
In London sightseeing, i am actually able to fly over the city(not like before), with an 1-30 fps range, avg. 15, still with serious stutters. Sadly, when switching to external view, the textures on the plane simply vanish or get badly degraded (like when i first click "Plane" settings in options, the textures are building up on the plane in about 2-3 secs).

5770 will be changed to 5870 anyway soon, but i'm not sure this will solve issues greatly.

Exactly the same spec as me. Although I havent tried yet.

Derinahon
04-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Another small problem: I played the single mission Bomber Intercept - Ships, we chased off the bombers and once the flight home commenced I switched to AI and increased sim speed. The game froze, but with audio and I could still look around and change views. I tried to un-pause, decrease speed, esc and return but nothing would get it going again.

i7 930 stock
HD 6970 stock
Corsair 128GB SSD
Win 7 64Bit

lighthaze
04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Overall framerate has increased (a bit) but I do certainly encounter more microstutters than before.

460GTX 1Gb VRAM
Athlos II X4 640, 4x 3Ghz
4GB DDR3 Ram
Windows Vista 7 64 Bit

No601_Merlin
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Have problem that has not change since patch, game crashes when I try mid channel fighter v bomber attack. Can happen at any time. all temps are normal GTX 570 never goes over 51 degrees, CPU 45 degrees.

Buchon
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I can´t do a accurate test because I'm under the recommended specifications due to my 2GB of RAM (still waiting my 4GB upgrade)

- Fly over terrain is better now, there less shutter and is more stable, but have a performance cost.

Before the patch the shutter was terrible but the fps was good, now the shutter are gone but the performance is lower.

Squid_DK
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
i5 750 2.66 ghz, 4gb RAM, ATI HD5770 with 1 gb RAM, Win 7 64 bit
I went from practically no stutters to stutters every 2 seconds, even over sea (Trees both off and at very low, buildings very low on detail, res 1920x1080)

Staffan

Targ
04-07-2011, 03:42 PM
e8400 cpu @3.6ghz
4870x2 duel gpu card
8 gigs memory
win7 64bit sp1

Russian version of game.

After patching game would not launch properly so had steam validate game cache and re applied patch.

Game started fine after second attempt.

GPU clocked up from 2D clock speeds to 3D on both cores!

Loaded channel mission 15 and as soon as mission was fully loaded GPU went back to 2D core settings :(
I have duplicated this several times, you guys are close!

Still doing testing on fps and stutters but seems a little bit better in both regards but hard to tell, need to test more.

Trees on very low and buildings on low all lese high or medium with grass, shadows and roads turned on and 8x AA.

mcmatt
04-07-2011, 03:54 PM
OK. First impression. It is better. I'm back to my native resolution (witch was unplayable before). But I'm not satisfied. 25 FPS over sea. Will try with lower resolution over the ground. Still "black shark net" over the sea. ;)

bigchump
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
i-7 970, 2xGTX560 270.51, 12gb cheap ram, W7/64U 1680x1050 all settings high except grass=off, building amount=small and forest=low.

PROS:
Noticeable improvement in the cockpit when looking down at gauges (about 20%).
FMB now shows labels.
Not quite so choppy when flying over land at 2000m or higher.

CONS:
Had to go back to FMB to tick player box for my plane in a mission I created.
Pausing the game can cause loss of sound upon unpause.
Getting black screen on startup every time, must CNTL-ALT-DEL to taskmanager then all is ok again.

STILL THE SAME:
Serious stutters (almost unplayable) when flying low over land.
Control lag and stutters when dogfighting one Hurri VS. one Condor.

Dano
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Core2Duo E6600, 4GB Ram, 8800GTS (640MB, 266.58 Drivers), Windows 7 x64, not sure about reduced performance as I can get around 20fps in the pit but the stutter is far worse.

I also am having the following issues:

Tree setting to 'very low' loads as 'none' and has to be reset (there is no performance difference between off or very low).
Commands do not work reliably, ie; Print Screen, Gear, Mixture, etc etc. (Anthropomphic is set to off).

strongbird
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Still no improvements for me
about 15-20 FPS in country with medium settings and Roads / Trees Off

My friend has almost same Videocard / specs and he can run about 40 with a slight Older version of my CPU
----
Specs

GTX 275
Win7 64 Bit Pro
4gb Ram DDR3
I7 860 Quad

KG26_Alpha
04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi All

Please put at least some system specs when posting in this thread and keep it to only reporting as Luthier has asked you to in his OP

PLEASE keep this thread ONLY for the discussion of the beta patch. Please do not re-report previously reported issues. Please do not use this as a Q&A thread or a flamewar thread or a feature request thread or a lamentation thread. Please keep it purely utilitarian. That’s what this beta patch is – a quick way to see if it does what it should without doing something it shouldn’t.

Any more rubbish off topic or arguing in here earns you a holiday from the forum.

Thxz

Warhound
04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
No visible performance gain for me, though I did notice a few new bugs (or at least ones I didn't encounter over the last week)

-Planes have white edges at times and tend to flicker, texture seems to load only partially when it happens.
-Low over London my cockpit glass and recticule disappeared for a few seconds ,then ended up disappearing all together. also visible in 3rd-person mode.
-game hung up after trying to leave the debriefingscreen when exiting the "bomber intercept" quickmission.

Specs :
32bit XP
2.8GHZ Intel core2duo
ATI 4850
4GB DDR-2 ram

Conte Zero
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Patch installed, no issues at startup. On water with 6 Spitfires and 6 bf109 it is quite stable on 50-60 fps. Very rare little dropdowns to 37-38.

But the stutter is still there, althought it is very very fast paced and fine-biased now, giving a felling of overall smoothness

Going to the acid test now (Land, London, trees...)

q9550 2.8 ghz
gtx260 1732MB
4gb corsair
raptor WD hard drive 10k rpm
win 7 home premium 64 bit

Resolution: 19" at 1440x900

Tried free ride over London, 6 Spitfires. Average FPS is 35-39, but stutters like a beast. Still very fast baced tiny stutter, but it is continuous. Low Buildings, no trees, high models, high decals, high visualFX, the rest on medium.

Widow17
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
System:
i5 750 @2.66
GTX460 1Gb
4 GB 1333Cl9
win7 x64
Still heavy stutters over london flying alone. FPS are slightly better.
GPU usage average was maybe 60-70%, maxing out at 93 one time in a several minutes flight, lowest value was 39% in this flight.
CPU1 usage around 70 - 80% average. Other cpus only sometimes kick in at very few times.

Strike
04-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi!

For me, the biggest difference with the patch was the fixing of the mismatched physical model/visual model gunfire causing the guns to go everywhere :P Made the dogfights much more ammunition-economic :D

I must say I notice little to no improvement in FPS though. Perhaps a little bit when staring down into the instrument panel. This used to be quite laggy, not so much any more. Seems like micro stutters appear when closing in on a new 3D model LOD. Like when the game has to load 5 more detailed hurricanes as you approach them, I get microstutters.

Also when looking around fast at different angles at the ground. Seems like the engine is strained during loading of trees/buildings/Shadows and whatnot!

All in all, I have a very fluid game, but the microstutters and cockpit FPS drop when looking into the instrument panel are still there. Patch did NOT break anything for me. Nvidia drivers 270.51 :)

Specs are in my sig.

OG84
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
No performance changes here.

1920*1080 59Hz
Medium Settings with 2x AA
AVG: 22
MAX: 51
MIN: 3

Still not smooth to play. Stuttering and FPS drops if buildings, smoke and other planes appear.

My Specs:
Win7 64bit
C2D E8400
ATI 6970 2GB
8GB RAM

JG14_Jagr
04-07-2011, 04:41 PM
i5 2500K at 4.2G
6970 2G VRAM
8 Gig DDR3
Win7 64 Bit

Game ran far soother over London that before.. the buildings drawing was distracting, there was consistant pauses over the city on the deck. Before, it was a slide show, this was defintely better.

I then turned up my settings to Very High accross the board and flew the missions I've had more experience with. Very fluid, fps greater than 50 at 1920X1200. Slowed down a bit over Hawkinge, but was fluid and completely playable.

Unrelated to the patch I think, One thing I did notice was that when I used all my ammo and landed, all the flight belly landed on the field, may be a pre existing AI issue that I never noticed before.

Game looks AMAZING at high settings..

BGs_Ricky
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I have graphic corruption as shown here :http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=252223&postcount=43

Installed the beta patch, no changes.

ASUS P5K
Q6700@2.6GHz
4GB RAM
GTX 460 1GB
Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3
Nvidia drivers 270.51

mazex
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry to say that there is no difference for me...

Core 2 duo E8400 @ 3,3 Ghz
6gb ram
GTX275 (270. x driver)
Windows 7 x64

Killerwatt
04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Please remember guys Posting system specs WITHOUT operating system details is next to useless for the devs. They need to know what the OS is as well as all the rest. Some are still missing this detail.

csThor
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Even after further testing the situation remains the same. No performance gain but then the game already ran pretty smoothly before.

i7 960
6GB RAM
GTX 480
Win7 Prof 64bit

Oldschool61
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
No performance changes here.

1920*1080 59Hz
Medium Settings with 2x AA
AVG: 22
MAX: 51
MIN: 3

Still not smooth to play. Stuttering and FPS drops if buildings, smoke and other planes appear.

My Specs:
Win7 64bit
C2D E8400
ATI 6970 2GB
8GB RAM

Ever consider lowering your resolution to like 1440 x 900 and turning off AA??
You might be plesently suprised.

AMVI_Superblu
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I am having issues when changing the screen resolution via in-game video option menu.
Doesn't matter what i select, i get a crash to desktop without any error.. strange thing is that looking in Task Manager i can see Launcher.exe still running normally in the processes list.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz
4GB RAM DDR3 1333Mhz
AMD HD 4650 (this will leave in a while) 1GB Dx10.1
Win7 32 (leaving with GPU too)

EDIT: This is for 60Hz resolutions. For 59Hz ones i just get black screen.

OG84
04-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Ever consider lowering your resolution to like 1440 x 900 and turning off AA??
You might be plesently suprised.

I can't. Game is crashing when using anything other than desktop resolution. (Before the patch, it was working)

But now I tried with the following setup and got a fluent gameplay:

1920*1080
Everything on low or off (no AA)
AVG: 83
MAX: 142
MIN: 9

With this setup, i got no stuttering and everything runs smooth. But the graphics of the landscape doesn't look very good. The plane though is still pretty decent.

David198502
04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
after installing beta patch, game wont start anymore!
systemspecs:
-Mainboard S1156 INTEL DH55TC,Micro-ATX,bulk
-Prozessor INTEL Core i5-650,3,2GHz,LGA1156,Dual-Core,Boxed
-2x 2GB DDR3 RAM,1333MHz,CL9,KINGSTON ValueRAM
-PCI-E 2.1 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5570,Lite Retail,Low Profile
-Windows 7Home Premium 64Bit

jt_medina
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I get a crash to desktop when trying to play any mission. In game menu let me chose any graphic configuration but just when I am going to play there is CTD.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50
ATI 5770 1GB
4GB RAM
Built in Sound card
Windows 7 64 SP1.

reldnisch
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
no difference !!

just a med system but with low graphic settings it looks like a game from the year 2000 with stutters ...nothing to say

nvidia GTX260
amdII X4 4x2.8ghz
gigabyte mb ultra durable3
6gb DDR3 corsair

glan
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
After patching i see some improvment but rather placebo effect unfortunetly.
Lov fps, and glitches:(

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
6GB RAM

Fragal
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Slight improvement for me faster loading and fewer stutters averaging 70 - 80 fps oversea and 20 - 40 fps over land the worst being when first spawning in cockpit while everything is rendered drops to low teens then shoots back up after everything has finished loading.
Medium to High vid settings
res 1440x900

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard - GA-890GPA-UD3H
Processor- AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM - 4gb
Video card - XFX ATI 5770 1GB

another quick note is i can now actually fly over london before the patch i couldn't go near it due to extremely low FPS, FPS is still low (low teens) and would hate to have a dogfight there but it's a start :)

b101uk
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Well the only “problem” I have with the beta patch is if the game resolution is lower than the desktop resolution even if full screen is enabled it keeps the desktop resolution in the background and displays the game in an pseudo “window” with part of the desktop still visible behind (game and windows7 at the same aspect ratio but different resolution) (also I now have additional resolutions available)

As for performance increase:
There have been some modest increases in minimum frame rate and average frame rate though maximum fps stayed the same on trk files that have been used for extensive testing pre and post beta patch using like for like settings, these have been the trk files set well and truly in the countryside with minimal towns and villages landing at Tangmere where I never had any problems with frame rate and absolutely minimal “shutter” anyway.

When traversing terrain at higher altitude I do feel that despite there no measurable min/average/max fps change outside of what would could be considered a standard deviation I do perceive periodic shutter were non was present before especially if one backtracks along the same path.

So with respect to the above there is a modest performance increase over land with the beta patch in situations ware shutter or frame rate was never a problem anyway.

Buildings: :rolleyes:
As for towns at lower altitude they are still a haven of shutter with buildings on the lowest amount and detail, yet even when you change building detail to the highest and building number to the lowest or building detail to the lowest with an unlimited number of them or settings in-between the min/max/average fps is reported near the same and the amount of perceivable shutter is the same though there is nuances in the shutter when it takes place.

So buildings are still a problem on there lowest detail and number with virtually no change in performance between number or detail of them or the amount of shutter even when the frame rate is >35fps and there is no HDD activity.

i7 920 (default speed)
6GB RAM
GTX 275 (default speed)
Win7 Prof 64bit

1280x720 or (1600x900 with AA off), medium detail except for building amount, forests, land shading on low, grass and roads on, shadows off, AA @ x2, anti epilepsy filter on or off (the anti epilepsy filter on/off tab still dose nothing neither dose the “EpilepsyFilter=0” or “EpilepsyFilter=1” in the conf.ini (….\Documents\1C SoftClub\…\conf.ini)???

SilverBarrel
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Did some quick tests with the average FPS results below:

PC res. 1680x1050x32b-60Hz,
Video preset: Medium

Before the Patch
1680x1050 Full Screen Over water 7
1680x1050 Full Screen Over London 4
1024x768 Windowed Over water 21
1024x768 Window ed Over London 13

With beta Patch
1680x1050 Full Screen Over water 8
1680x1050 Full Screen Over London 5
1024x768 Window ed Over water 20
1024x768 Window ed Over London 10

There's room for improvement... ;-)

naz
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi!

For me, the biggest difference with the patch was the fixing of the mismatched physical model/visual model gunfire causing the guns to go everywhere :P Made the dogfights much more ammunition-economic :D

I must say I notice little to no improvement in FPS though. Perhaps a little bit when staring down into the instrument panel. This used to be quite laggy, not so much any more. Seems like micro stutters appear when closing in on a new 3D model LOD. Like when the game has to load 5 more detailed hurricanes as you approach them, I get microstutters.

Also when looking around fast at different angles at the ground. Seems like the engine is strained during loading of trees/buildings/Shadows and whatnot!

Pretty much exactly sums up my experience with the patch as well, although I would probably not use the word "micro" for the stutters I see, especially over land ... they can be pretty bad on my computer. I think the xfire and multi core patches are what will make the game really improve on my machine (hopefully).

Still thoroughly enjoying fights over the channel while i wait though! :)

My Specs:
i7 950 @ 3.66Ghz
6 Gig RAM @ 1600
ATI 5970
Win 7 64 bit

egg651
04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
These details are taken from Quick Mission 002 - Free Flight - England.mis in a Spitfire IIa

Framerates:
MIN - 0
MAX - 41
AVG - 13.17

Settings:
Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forest - Off
Visual Effects - High
Damage Decals - High
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Medium
Grass - Off
Shadows - On
Roads - On

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Q6600 @2.40Ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870 512mb
4GB OCZ Gold DDR2 RAM
1TB Samsung Spinpont F1 HDD

Notes:
Very little improvement over previous version, if at all. Almost static at the start as everything loads in, and continuous stutter when flying over ground.

I will try again with every setting as low as it will go later.

z0ttel
04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I've just monitored some resources during the replay of a pre-defined 'benchmark' track: CPU usage is slightly lower (78% vs. 81%), VRAM and GPU don't hit their 100% limit any more. Didn't find any other component (RAM and HDD) which runs near the 100% limit.

So looking at that data, the sim should run smoother than before, but unfortunately, my personal feeling is that things got even worse. Micro-stuttering, sounds out of sync with video (while firing guns) all is still present.

sod16
04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Running on Very high on a windows 720p res I see roughly 8 to 60 FPS over london.

It is very unstable (Frames) over london and there is a LOT of texture popping. It looks horrible, I'm guessing Quad core optimisation will fix it

Gourmand
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
geforce 8800GTX, 4g ram , dual core 2,66mHz :

the fps is still low but the game is fluid, the patch improve it ( thanks )
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7255/2011040500004.jpg

i have not set to full setting, but the graphism is not too bad...

it's a good begin... not finished, but a good begin,
no bug to declare ;)

andmcq
04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
^^^ The 8800 is quite an old GPU now... but still, I think you could improve your CPU speed :D

No601_Swallow
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
In case it helps:

Intel Core 2 Quad (2.4 ghz)
Asus P5K mobo
4 Gb DDR2 ram
Radeon 5770 (1 Gb vram)
Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit

Patch installed fine, runs fine (1280 x 1024).

Noticeably smoother over land. Stutters much reduced. Textures seem to load faster (so fewer freezes when the mission starts). Buildings and trees on "Low", everything else on medium or high. Missions, mostly around Tangmere/Portsmouth/Isle of Wight, are with very few aircraft, though. (I have realistic expectations at this point.)

Not perfect yet, and FPS can't be much above 30 or so (haven't measured it, though), but noticeable increase in performance.

Thank you very much. A work of art just got even more gorgeous. (For me, at least).

slm
04-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Single missions over the sea were quite playable now. Still there were very annoying stutters where it matters most - when approaching another plane. Flying over small French coastal towns was quite ok, but over bigger towns FPS dropped to 0 for moments.

Very nasty thing that sometimes happens is that your plane just stops responding to game controller movements and view change commands. In console there are often error messages in these cases like some sound file not found (for example defiants.wav). No idea if these bugs somehow cause this losing control of the plane.

Q6600, 2GB RAM, ATI HD 9650 2GB, WinXP SP3

Lensman_1
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Hello.

I've got an improvement in many ways.
I've got smoother progress over land and London, the latter is a joy to fly over now.
TrackIr is controlling the cockpit much better, you seem to have added a notch position at the centre of the console and that is VERY helpful.
The transition from straps loose to straps tight is very much improved and now doesn't confuse the Hell out of me.
The aircraft seem more stable, either because you've altered the flight model or because you've altered the control input routines, I don't know which.
I'm getting no problems at all over the channel, the application is flawless in combat there and improvements over land. I flew off the water over the south coast and saw very little problems.
I am getting the unfortunate black screen on loading but as has been stated just click on the desktop during the visible load and all is well.
Well done dev team, now make it better ... ;)

---

Windows 7 64bit @ 1920 x 1200
i7 975 @ 4.2Ghz
12 Gb ram
Raid 0 SSD (OCZ Vertex)
Twin GTX580 GPU (disabled SLI for COD) with 267.24 beta drivers
Creative Titanium Fatality audio
Asus Rampage II Extreme board

69iAF~Mike
04-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Before patch- 25FPS average, Medium-Low settings with trees off, flying east, away from London.

After patch- 25-35 FPS, Maximum settings on everything (AE filter off), same flight. About 16FPS over medium sized towns, 8FPS over London up to 1000ft.

Had to enforce full 3d Clock speeds with ATI Tray Tool, otherwise I'd get 12 FPS with 300/300 clocks.

AA set to 4X but made very little performance and visual difference, if any.

Sometimes the game would freeze for several seconds when flying lower than 1K ft.

Overall, very satisfied with the patch! I don't plan on flying with max settings anyway, but good to know that the performance is acceptable there, too.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Sapphire HD6870 (default 3D clocks)
PhenomII X4 955
4GB DDR3

Jotaele
04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
YEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!! running great here, i have to test more, but more than 40 over sea or ground!!!and nooo stuters.Only in the first seconds due to load i guess.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!! joystick lag has gone!!! now i can feel the flight dinamics correctly and aim (still dificult but not for technical problems but for realism nature) i cant belive that noone has notice this.
I have still problems with tree shadows flikering, and no Antialias :(=ugli game)

running 1900 1280 all high except terrain at medium.
4x antialis, but not noticeable.
3,2 quadcore , gtx 470 oc edition, 4 gb ram, w7 ,27", g940( i need ffb!)

anyway i have to test more, only 20 minutes flying, but im loving this game more and more.

Hood
04-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Change resolution from 1680 x 1050 to 1920 x 1200 and the game closes, leaving the desktop at 1680 x 1050. Change the monitor resolution back to 1920 x 1200 resolution and I see the UBI flash screen etc but in game it is still 1680 x 1050. Repeat ad nauseum.

i7-950 @ 4.3Ghz
Asus Sabertooth mobo
Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC (270.xx drivers)
6Gb DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
Asus Xonar D2X
W7 Service pack 1
Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitor

Plus cannons in the 109 don't seem to do anything!

Hood

Mattius
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
If running game in a res lower than desktop it will not fill the whole screen.
FPS & Stutters are worse. Unplayable :(

Win 7 64 Bit
i5 430m CPU
ATI 5650 GPU 1GB
4GB RAM

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
no change here still stutters badly over land,fly ok over water.

quad 9650@3.8
nvidia480
ocz 120gig ssd
4gig ram
win7 64

Raggz
04-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Got abit worse for me over land and cities. Lost 5-10 fps over land and more stutters than before!

Tenebrae
04-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I have not noticed any particular improvement, but game plays pretty well except over London and when close to other planes. I have not noticed any glitches.

Thanks for your efforts

Win 7
i7 950 3.07Ghz
6 Gb ram
Nvidia 460 1Gb GPU
OCZ SSD HD

Winger
04-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I just installed the patch and notice a BIG improvement in playability. I have everyting set to medium and modeldetail and effects even on high 1920x1200 resolution AA off. Grass, shadows and streets activated. My framerate improved for around 10 frames under every condition. All the stutters are gone. Still the FPS over land and especially dense with houses filled areas is very low but over all this patch was a reall big improvement and it makes me confident that with better multi core support and working SLI this game will become an absiolute charm to play.
My System:

Core i7 930 @4 GHz
RAM: 6GB Gskill
GFX: GTX 480 SLI (currently only one running COD)

Winger

fr0ztz
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Beta Patched.

Same or worse than before. Sound is really bad also.

i5 1155 @4.5
Asus p8p67 MB
4gb 1600mhz RAM
ATI 6970 2GB

Psit
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello all,

I havent seen any improvements either, can still run the game at high settings at around 20-40 fps over land/water but i get massive stuttering.

i7 950
6gb ram
ATi 4870 512mb
Win 7 x64

OG84
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM
1. Many of you reported being unable to run the game in full screen now. The issue is actually a WIP feature. Until today, CoD only supported a pseudo full screen mode, i.e. a stretched window with no borders. Post-patch we'll have three modes: window, pseudo full screen, and true full screen. We just don't have a GUI switch for it yet, and it can't set it right.

That is nice to hear that the real fullscreen mode will be supported. isn't there usually a huge performance increase when using fullscreen mode with a pure device, so the application has exclusive access to the graphics card? don't know if this has changed with dx10, but we will see :)

Revvy
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Win7 Ult. 32bit
P45 chipset msi MB
HD4890 1gig
e8500@4.2
4gig ddr2

My game after patch doesn't see my thurstmaster pro-shocks stick axises in menu anymore I can't play at all right now, buttons work but no stick input recognized, force feedback wasn't working before. I love IL2 and hope to see Cod working good pretty soon.

muttly
04-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Installed The Patch no difference noticed in FPS however i know press F3 get a fly by and when i press F1 to get back to cockpit it remains in fly by mode. Black screen on start up and have to start task manager to get the game to show...
Hopefully the patches released in the coming weeks will settle things down

Core 2 Quad Q6600
4gb Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
8800gtx

whatnot
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Stutters still as bad as ever,Trees off builings low.

GTX580
12 gig ram
Sandybridge at 4.8
SSD x2

You must have something wrong with your rig. I've got 2600k @ 4.3GHz and GTX 580 and CloD on SSD and I've got nearly no stutters with everything on med except buildings unlimited.

etzi
04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
You must have something wrong with your rig. I've got 2600k @ 4.3GHz and GTX 580 and CloD on SSD and I've got nearly no stutters with everything on med except buildings unlimited.

No, i have stuttering too!

Play DCS A10C and you know, what is gameplay without stuttering at highest details.

Fliegenpilz
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I've got about 5fps less than before (roundabout 10-15 fps)... actually, I was quite glad with my result before (20 fps, quite stable). Stuttering definetly increased (especially over towns, but water now stutters too), all tests made in exact same conditions, conf.ini also unchanged, low flying (didn't test high altitudes yet), with trees enabled (low).

I believe this is caused by my GPU (Laptop) - further testing now :)

My specs: Laptop, 4gb RAM, HD5650 1gb, i5-540M @ 2,53 GHz, Win7 HP

By the way - Game is AWESOME :D

scissorss
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Framerate mildly improved. Random CTD's now after patch. Same loading screen issue as everyone else.

AMD PhenomII X4
HD5770
4Gb DDR3

steveg
04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
The game will only display non wide-screen video settings if I uncheck full-screen. If full screen is checked then it displays ALL video modes including some weird 30Hz and 29Hz ones.

I set my desktop and the game resolution both to 1270 x 720 which gives good Performance on my PC. I needed to do this for the game screen to occupy all of my monitor.

Once set-up and in the game performance was much improved with tree's looking very nice, but with flickering shadows.

Flying over London I was getting decent framerates ( 25 fps)

Its definitely much improved, and I have not suffered any crashes once in game.

Keep up the good work :)

klue20
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi there! I can see a significant improvement with this patch therefore its going the right way... I still cant play properly over London but fps improved and less stutters but sometimes still noticeble.. I play all settings highiest. Ati radeon 5770, amd quad core 965 processor and 4gb ram which is nothing special really. I think this game is not very demanding when it comes to hardware, there is a small problem somewhere hidden within that will get solved out soon.. :) BTW Very good game, I like it a lot and lots of work put into it.. :P

easytarget3
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I have to say i cant tell,it looks like better above the water,the microstutters are gone,but try to fly campaign mission and its unplayable, so i would say its improvement but not enough so far to enjoy the game at its full potential.Hope the multicore fix will help.I think my weak point is the G card.
Also the sound was all wrong and sometimes the radio chatter i couldnt understand a word, please improve the sound too, i shouldnt hear metal clink of my bullets bouncing on a plane 400 meters away like it is in my cocpit.
I am on your side guys crossing fingers that all goes well for this sim but you dindnt know you had such a poor performance with the last build???dont tell me.

my rig is Q6600 oc 3G,4GB ram,GF 8800 GTS 512,Win 7 64 ult.
setting of game:lower res i forget how much the next option i got after my native 1680x1050 ,high aircraft, medium effects and particals, rest low or switch off.

Zappatime
04-07-2011, 08:04 PM
:)FPS seems consistently higher and more stable, far less sudden FPS drops to very low values, then back up high again, now;

:(Stuttering over land still present, particularly in fly-by external view, no noticable improvement there;

:(Appears to be slightly more noticable delay in texture loading, particularly at ground level in flicking between aircraft views;

:)Engine sounds slightly better - rpm variation more noticable, but did have some sound stuttering/dropouts from within cockpit of he111:(

Game Settings:
Graphics : (all parameters) 'High' , AA 8x , grass trees & buildings on

System:
Win 7 64 bit @ 1920 x 1200
CPU: Q9650 @ 3.7Ghz
Ram: 4Gb
GPU: Zotac Amp! 480GTX
S/C: Creative X-Fi

Bungmiester
04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Stuttering has been reduced for me over land and in london, but still getting them the freezing but not as bad. lot better with trees off, but not over london makes no difference wth trees on or off,
all settings on medium except
landshading , building textures and forests all set to low' no grass
screen res 1070 x 768
sys spec
P5N-D asus motherboard with onboard sound
E8400 3 ghz processor
windows vista 64 bit
8 gig corsair ram
GTX 460 graphics card
all dirivers up to date

Immermann
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Since this is running in a windowed mode (which usually slows things down, cause it must keep the desktop in memory too, right?), I wonder if those of you who report speed ups have Windows Aero turned off?

gabuzomeu
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi,
FPS improved vs previous version, +5 FPS in 1680x1050 (from 13 to 18 above land , from 20 to 25+ over water)
A complete lookaround , loading landscape, improve frames and stutter.
Very limited impact in FPS when changing quality settings

Two remaining problems not answered by dev team in posts
No noticeable impact of the antiepilepsy switch
GPU clock still stuck at 500MHz (should be 870!); This HAS to be part of the problem.

Well, overall an improvment, game is almost playable with normal settings ! (well, avoid London still)

Thanks for patch and dev team efforts

P5BE Plus Asus
Q9650, 3.0 GHz
Win 7 - 64
4 GB RAM
ATI 4890, 1 GB VRAM

whatnot
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
No, i have stuttering too!

Play DCS A10C and you know, what is gameplay without stuttering at highest details.

I just wonder how can the same HW yield different results. Especially if you run it with same gfx settings. (1920x1200 for me and the other ones I already mentioned before)

One thing I have is a very fast SSD attached to PCI-E (OCZ Revo) slot which has the OS too. So could it be windows swap file peformance (if on a regular HDD) that gives you guys the stutters?

mcdaniels
04-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello folks!
Thx 4 the patch, but it only makes my game crashing when starting a single mission, campaign or trying to start a free flight.

Everytime the loading progress bar reaches approximatly 20% i got an Error that launcher.exe has to be finished (is not reacting) thats it.

When i start a british campaign, i can read the english (british introduction text AND after a click on FLY i also can read ther german introduction text of the campaing. So anything is wrong here too.

Ive got the EU - GERMAN Version of COD. Does it matter in any case? The Game is German , the Patch English? Perhaps the Game crashes because of that?

Greetings
Daniel

335th_GRAthos
04-07-2011, 08:25 PM
- English version with English Beta does not start on my rig :-(
- Russian version with Russian Beta is working :-)
(yes, I have two - No, you do not get my extra activation codes)

I post these pictures because I can directly compare pre- and after-beta patch.
More pictures with higher settings to follow soon.

Flying window 1280x1024 using settings (no trees) as below
(screenshot from English version - same in Russian as they use the same conf.ini)

Game is definitively smoother no stutters at all
Same fps
Less VRAM used
1128MB before (look at the GPU-Z far right) vs 988Mb now (140MB RAM savings) NOT BAD :-)
Interestingly enough, GPU usage is still 60%
My CPU load is much less 19% vs 30% before

http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_settings_ground0 1.jpg

THIS IS PHOTO UNPATCHED (ver. 13820) 3840x resolution, move sliders to the right to see the game
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_13820_ground01.jpg

THIS IS PHOTO PATCHED (ver. beta 13915) 3840x resolution, move sliders to the right to see the game
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_ground01.jpg

I hope this helps.
I will continue testing with higher settings...

Now increasing the settings to HIGH (I hope my Russian is correct)...looks Greek to me...
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_settings_ground0 2.jpg

THIS IS PHOTO PATCHED (ver. beta 13915) 3840x resolution, move sliders to the right to see the game
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_ground02.jpg

Only 33fps (photo shows 30 but it is 33)
THE GPU LOAD OF 53% IS WRONG, MY GPU WAS CONSTANTLY AT 73% WHILE FLYING!
Now the CPU load has also increased, 27%
No real stutters but it was noticable that the movement was NOT very fluid.

I must admit tht so much detail is a straight o v e r k i l l I will definitively not be using so much in my gam (I fly dogfghts not sightseeing...)
On the other side, with SLI this could be nice...

On the other side, inside the cockpit the situation looks BETTER !
Cockpit view is less wide than External view, this seems to make life easier.
28-30 fps and NO STUTTERS, VERY FLUID game, despite being low above the houses.
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_ground03.jpg

FINALLY the first shot with the GPU working at 77% percent :-)
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_ground04.jpg

Flying over London with the same settings is not possible, too low fps.
But I noticed for the first time that the GPU clock speed changes !
Inside the cockpit, the GPU works at full speed (look at the GPU-Z information, Core, Memory and Shader clock)
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_London01.jpg

External view, the GPU works at low speeds !!!! (look at the GPU-Z information Core, Memory and Shader clock)
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta13915_London02.jpg

~S~

mcdaniels
04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
so will i have to use the RUS Patch for German Version to work? What do you advice me to do? As i mentioned above i ve got the German Version... The ENG Patch only screws up my game, so I cannot start any sort of fligt... Keeps Crashing..

My PC
Phenom X3 720 @ 2.8 Ghz
Nvidia GFORCE GTS 250 1GB
4 GB RAM
60 GB SSD Drive
Win 7 Pro

Fenice_1965
04-07-2011, 08:33 PM
it seems better for me with the patch, but still not enjoyable on my rig.
neither over the sea (with 6 against 6 planes).
Athlon quad core 3,1 ; 250 gts 512 ; 4 gb ram ; raid array.
:rolleyes:

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-07-2011, 08:37 PM
gtx 460 1gig of vram with latest beta from nvidia
win 7 32
4 gigs ram

I didn't much bother with fps checking as those seemed to stay low anyway. Difference is that playing in windowed mode seemed to be a bit smoother despite a number of Launcher crashes.

playing in full screen shows no real differences and the mission of intercepting dive bombers near Hawkinge is pretty much unplayable.

JOM
04-07-2011, 08:40 PM
TEST:

Flying deck ground. Not very populated areas with spitfire.

1920x1200, 60Hz AAx8, very high setting.

Average fps 30-35.

Not noticeble improvement with stutters due to buildings. Buildings causing 100% stutters for me. Flying high or very high setting is the same for me. Problem are buildings. If I Configure High settings and low quality + low amount of buildings my stutters almost dissappear. Suddenly a small group of houses appear and I can feel the stutters again.

Maybe trees rendering is better but I'm not 100% sure.

PC:

W7 HOME PREMIUM 64bits
i7 2600k not overckl.
8GB DDR3
GTX570
OCZ VERTEX SSD 120Gb

S!

Tvrdi
04-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Did the same test as prebeta patch...bomber intercept, my plane vs one bomber....same avg FPS - around 65, BUT still not smooth, although a bit better than before, stuttering when in headon with bomber....
Second test...fight near Dover, me and 2 me109....again same FPS but a bit smoother than before beta patch.....then when I got over cliffs near towns with buildings (set to low here) I experienced stutters....
And in both cases I noticed slight screen tearing (I have vsync ON and trackir).

i7920@3.5Ghz
GTX470 TwinFrozr2 - Oc to 750Mhz on core
6GIGS of RAM
X-FI gamer sound card
1680x1050 full screen res (native resolution of my monitor)....

lucky79
04-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I've noticed big improvement post-patch, getting avg 30fps over London and 50 over water with custom settings (1680x1050 mostly medium, buildings low, trees off, shadows off, grass on, roads on), game still looks awesome quite smooth gameplay stuttering completely disappeared when I disabled Aero desktop in Windows 7 (!!) but there are micro freezes little bit which I assume is my GFX bottleneck however the game is playable for me

Anyone noticed the MP server browser is now working?:cool:

Btw. I think this game needs latest GFX like GTX580 or eq ATI singlecore (until they figure out SLI / Crossfire support ) with lots of mem so not sure why people complain about performance. It was playable for me before beta patch and my rig is 2 years old (already?:))...so an upgrade is worth to do - will need it for BF3 anyway :grin:

A friend has similar results with his intel quadcore @ 2,5GHz (not sure about the type) and ASUS MB with same GFX like me, W7 64bit

the rig:
Win 7 64-bit
Q9650 @ 3,6GHz
4GB DDR3 @ 1066
ASUS Striker II Extreme
GTX280 OC 1GB x2 (no SLI for CoD:confused:)
OS and CoD on 60GB SSD

Thanks and keep up the great work

mazex
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
It really would be interesting to have an option "Buildings off" as I really feel like many others that it is the buildings and not the trees that is the problem? Just to try it out?

reflected
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Slight improvement:

Everything maxed out except for trees = very low, buildings=low, b.detail=very low. 1900x1080 here. specs in my sig.

Pre patch I got massive stutters and 25-30 fps low down. Now I get 30-35, and even more higher up or above the water. And it's a bit smoother too. The trees don't seem to cause that much stutters anymore though it's hard to tell.
However, I get plenty of microfreezes/ stutters when buildings come in sight.
I'm 100% sure: it's the buildings.

TonyD
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I have noticed an increase in overall fps, but also something weird with the 'micro-stutters' - this annoyance decreases with higher detail(?) I have been flying the second 'Quick mission' over England, both at zero altitude and at 2000ft, and have noticed a drastic reduction in the stutters when setting the graphic detail higher. The frame-rate obviously decreases, but the stutters do too.

Current overall graphic setting at 'Medium' with shadows enabled, resolution at 1920x1080, average 35fps at low altitude over the town with much less stuttering, increasing to 45 at 2000ft with no stuttering. When I tried my previous custom settings with model on high, buildings on medium, trees and land on low with no shadows, grass or roads, the fps was higher but the stuttering much worse.

Previously I could not run medium settings since the stuttering was too bad, so I guess this is a huge improvement. I also tried the overall 'High' setting, and although the frame-rate was too low (~28fps over town at zero altitude), the stuttering did not get any worse. Setting the overall detail to 'Low' increases the frame-rate a lot, but then the stuttering increases a lot too!

I haven't had the time to try combat yet, but the terrain graphic performance seems much improved at higher settings. Perhaps the individual graphic settings are more inter-related than any of us know, and have a greater detrimental effect on smooth performance when out of sync?

352ndBushpilot
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Well after applying the patch I fired up the game, and I only saw a black screen. Then I heard the UBI tune, but nothing else. I have never had this before.

q6600 2.4 (stock)
Geforce 560 ti 1 GB
4 GB Ram
Win 7 Ulti.

swiss
04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Well after applying the patch I fired up the game, and I only saw a black screen. Then I heard the UBI tune, but nothing else. I have never had this before.

q6600 2.4 (stock)
Geforce 560 ti 1 GB
4 GB Ram
Win 7 Ulti.

try control alt del

bounty
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Small improvement for me. About 10% increase in FPS. The micro stutter has gone, though I do get pauses now, I guess when new textures/models are being loaded.

Took some screenshots of the task manager and MSI After burner to see what the CPU/Memory/GPU was up too. Don't know if they will be any help.

I ran the Hawkinge bomber intercept, most of the combat over the sea.

Then the Calais bomber intercept quite a bit of that was over land. Nearly half a gig more of GPU memory used in this one.

Dropped my screen res down to 1680x1050 for both of these

Only thing changed in config was
ProcessAffinityMask=15

Strike
04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
try control alt del

tip of the day ;)

bando
04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I find taxiing is a slide show since this patch. After landing, tried to make a taxi round the runway, quit half way, was stuttery as hell.
Being airborne was not an improvement either. Game still had a lot of stutters and freezes. For me it got worse.
Everything set to low, no grass.

I7
6 Gb

335th_GRAthos
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Finished adding pictures to my initial post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20795&page=17

Overall, it looks like it became more playable nd fluid.
Still running at "low" resolutions 1280x

Some improvement on the amount of VRAM used is noticeable.
Nevertheless, as soon as you turn eye-candy on, there is a huge number of additional graphics on your screen, this is definitively an overkill and leads to a huge amount of data for your Graphics card.

Even at 1280x my card is using 1270Mb Ram and that is the limit (GTX570).
My friend with only 1Gb VRAM has immediately problems with the same settings and mission and experiences stutters where I have fluid game.

Also, for the first time I notice that flying inside the cockpit keeps my GPU at high speeds, flying external view over London the GPU downcocks automaticaly to lower speeds.
I experience this first time (flying over London), in other missions, flying external never caused this problem.

~S~

Echo76
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Pre-patch : over sea from cockpit : 30 fps. outside view 50 fps
over land : major freezes whenever buildings around, erratic fps from 1-19

beta : over sea : 35 fps, outside 60fps
over land : 31 fps cockpit, 50 outside. Buildings still cause erratic 9-30 fps
but better than pre-patch.

Visual effects, model detail and damage high, rest very low / low. Trees have pretty small impact. 6vs6 over sea, no impact on fps. Constant CTD's.

Core2duo @ 3.2Ghz
4Gb RAM
512Mb 8800GTS 1440*900 on 19" widescreen
Win7 64

swiss
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
tip of the day ;)

works with W7 when you try to enter taskmanger - it suddenly switches to game GUI.

AARPRazorbacks
04-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I put in the patch and the game would not start.
took out the patch and the game worked better then it did before the patch.

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

I was not able to start the missions in 1280x1024 before I put in and then took out the patch now it will.

I have the 470 set at use my preference emphasizing- Quality.

No forest and grass (sure wish I could in XP) all others set at High but building amount set at low.

flying in Aerial battle-Dover, and flyable. fps up and down.

Dont know why the patch will not work. any Ideas ? UK version of CoD.

Also the sounds work better not fading in and out. So far.

This is flying off line. If that matters.
flyer01

I very happy to say that after I saved the rendobj.dll and the parts file from the most recent version which is 1.00.13820 and let the new game version 1.00.13915 over Wright them it loads. And works-------- WELL HOW CAN I SAY THIS? GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Still have the same specks as the first post and in the bigger part of the formations I'm getting low FPS but things are happing like frost on the wind shield the front right hood got shot off and no telling what other things happen I have not seen happen before.

for the people that are having the game not start after you put in the patch. LET IT OVER WRIGHT YOUR FILES. Not yelling just what you to see this and understand.

This CoD it getting good.
Thanks for the fixes. The more salt you eat the sweeter the sugar. Now take off the mask and lets see the real CoD. I joke, I joke!

flyer01

Hood
04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Trying to change resolution leads to a drop to desktop but leaves an instance of CLOD as a running process using up about 300mb for each one.

i7-950 @ 4.3Ghz
Asus Sabertooth mobo
Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC (270.xx drivers)
6Gb DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
Asus Xonar D2X
W7 Service pack 1
Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitor

gabuzomeu
04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Forced ATI 4890 to normal 3D clock speed, ie 870MHz, (using ATI tray tools) and, surprise, the game is great, still stutters but really another experience compared to previously stuck at 500MHz.
50 fps above sea
23-25 above land
in the english campaign missions
So, ATI owners try this :-)
running game at 1680x1050, no AA, everything high or more, incl grass/forest=4

112th_Rossi
04-07-2011, 10:52 PM
My beta patch report:

No descernable improvement in FPS, although the actual game 'feels' more stable however...

Running at 1600x900 Full screen

2x Anti Aliasing
Medium Settings
Roads On
Grass On
The other thing (can't remember what it was) On ;)

Max FPS 40
Min FPS 11 (Seems to correlate with stuttering)

Still stutters frequently when flying over land. I describe the stuttering as if its suddenly catching up, the scene shifts forward very slightly. FPS is generally stable.

My spec:

AMD Athlon II X4 640
Sapphire ATI HD5770 1GB Vapor-X
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64-Bit
Steam Client

I tried it in window mode in 1024x768. Around a 20% increase in FPS. No sound. When I fired my guns it crashed the Launcher.exe

There were no other AI in the air at the time, this was England free flight in a Spit IIa.

minus10
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Now that I got it running (thread in Technical threads), I'm seeing a small increase in fps overall, but still some major stutters over London while it seems to be loading in stuff. Post stutter, it's a flyable 20fps at 1680x1050, with model, damage, and detail high, rest low/very low. No roads or grass.

Grass seems to impact quite highly in the countryside (as you'd expect there being more of it :)

Quick flight, even dogfight over sea, averaging 30 fps 6v6 with clouds (which in that one are not only beautiful but seem to eat frames).

I get a stutter at the start of missions when airborne, when again it seems like its loading stuff in, but thereafter it's ok. The exception being, once again, London. Quick mission, bomber intercept, is about 12fps with no clouds or trees.

Application crashes just flying around have increased a lot with unhandled exceptions.

xnomad
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I only noticed the patch available late at night so only manged about 15 minutes of play with it before bedtime.

My system ran the game pretty well before the patch. Now after the patch the initial freeze you get when the mission starts is much much shorter.

I also played the single mission on the outskirts of London with all the bombers, spits, bf109s etc. God I love this game!!!

I think I noticed one tiny tiny stutter, (blink and you'll miss it) these never bother me and never will. Oddly on a quick misson over London with less planes but me attacking the bombers in the Spit my framerates were significantly low enough to notice, but I never played that before patch either (no stutters though).

So overall it seems to have improved the long freeze when the mission starts.

I'll post more after I get home today, my settings are all pretty high except for buildings and land shadows and my res is native at 1280x960 (CRT).

machoo
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Quick flight over england mission.

With my low spec machine I noticed a good gain in FPS. I am running land detail low but gained about 10-15 fps then pre patch with the same settings. What I have noticed which I also had before patch was a texture ( loading ? ) problem. See in picture 1 the Hurricane has low texture detail. This just changes from high detail to this for some reason - while at the same time the Hard drive has heavy loading activity and the stutters occur as well as a FPS drop.http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/563/2011040800001.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/2011040800001.jpg/)

While in this picture the graphics are back to higher resolution on the Hurricane some seconds later with higher fps and more objects visible.
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/218/2011040800003.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/2011040800003.jpg/)

wilburnator
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
It's a wash for me. There is some improvement with the stuttering over land, but I would say it's still way short of playable. I can fly around without crashing, but dogfighting? No.

I took a huge hit over water... frame rate stays about the same, but now I get massive freezes every so often, before over water it was at least playable with a very limited number of a/c in the air. Now I get freezes that last so long, my plane has crashed by the time my computer recovers. And they are regular and on-going, and not just when firing the first time or encountering new aircraft in the sky like before.

Also, now when I start the game, I MUST remember to click on the desk top while the little airplane loading icon comes up, if I forget I get a black screen and Ctrl+Alt+Del will not bring up the task manager to close the program. Alt+tab won't get me to the desktop. I have to reboot. That is maddening.

There is still no Crossfire, and I have my doubts about whether or not the "Anti-Epilepsy Filter" check box actually does anything at all. I personally believe it to be a dummy button intended to humor people. It makes not the slightest difference on my machine, on or off.

So, after patch 10 to 15 fps overland, with stuttering still present but decreased somewhat, an 20 to 25 fps over water with new, mission ending freezes.

I7 975 Extreme
ATI 5770 x3
6 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR3 triple channel ram
Win 7 Pro 64 bit

rollnloop
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Multiplayer coop broken.

Prior beta patch, used to work (flown several coops succesfully).

Now, with somewhat new interface clients can't select a plane to fly, only host can. Clients don't see the colored icons and can't pick them.

Mission selection when launching multi defaults to single folder too.

Even if this new interface worked, it seems very unintuitive.

Suggestion: go back to something close to IL2 1946 interface, people are used to it, and it works !

Windows 7 Home, Core I5, GF470, RAM8gig, OCZ vertex SSD.

DickDastardly
04-07-2011, 11:38 PM
My system:
Q6700 with 4GB RAM and a GTX460 (drivers=266.58 ) running Windows 7 64bit.

Peripherals:
MSFFB2, Saitek X45 throttle, 2 Saitek throttle quadrants and TrackIR (which was running but paused for the tests).

Test settings:
1280x720, fullscreen, anti-aliasing x1, anti-epilepsy filter off, model detail medium, buildings detail very low, land detail medium, forest very low, visual effects medium, damage decals medium, buildings amount low, land shading medium, grass off, shadows on, roads on.

The following tests were run by loading the mission, turning on the autopilot, waiting 5 seconds for things to settle down, bringing up the console and enabling the fps display, exiting the console and then letting the autopilot fly the plane for 3 minutes before noting the fps figures. Figures to the left of the arrow are pre-patch, those after the arrow are post-patch (min/average/max).

Bomber intercept - Channel = 04/52/79 -> 11/62/83
Bomber intercept - "Hawkindge" = 11/58/79 -> 14/57/82
Bomber intercept - London = 03/26/55 -> 06/28/51

I also tested low level performance over London by loading the London Sightseeing mission, diving to rooftop level, enabling the fps display and then flying on the same heading for 3 minutes:

London low level performance = 03/11/21 -> 02/8/16

Conclusion:
Small improvement in FPS, particularly of the minimums. Game generally seemed less prone to stuttering and smoother, very playable over water at these settings but still gives poor performance over urban areas. Definitely a step in the right direction, though :).

Bugs:
1. Like another poster, I saw 3 trees appear in mid air after patching (I was playing the Hawkindge intercept quick mission with the AI flying the plane and firing at a Stuka I was approaching from behind. The trees appeared between me and the Stuka and I quickly flew past them. It seemed to me as if maybe they were drawn instead of some type of smoke or damage effect.

2. The Controls setup screen still allows you to bind the same key to multiple different functions without a warning if they're not of the same type (i.e. General, Aircraft, Snap View etc).

3. Sound engine is still very buggy -radio messages all play at the same time instead of one after the other, the sliding along the ground/wheel rumble noise plays when stationary, main menu music is erratic etc.

4. Shadows on the ground are still very flickery.

5. Duplicate low detail joystick still sometimes appears in the cockpit (so you see the high detail stick and the low detail one at the same time).

6. Some cockpit instruments are sometimes drawn with very low res textures (e.g. the altimeter and the compass in the Tiger Moth), whilst others right next to them are drawn with high res textures (despite being further from the camera).

Suggestions:
1. Create a Black Death II track which includes heavy combat over water and London (including some at low altitude) and add a Benchmark option to the menu which plays the track, generates a report which includes system info, settings and min/average/max fps and then automatically sends the results to the dev team (with an option to opt out of the last step for the tinfoil hat brigade).

You would then get tens of thousands of reports which could be processed automatically so you could immediately see what settings or hardware were causing problems -with a lot less effort than having to wade through threads like this one.

2. Dramatically increase the degree of customisability of the graphics settings in the options screen. For example, allow users to specify the maximum number of buildings or trees to draw per square kilometer and the range at which each LOD is drawn for each type of object. In general it would be good to use numerical values where possible instead of just high/medium/low so that, for example, if building detail is set to 50% the player would know that the buildings will have half the fps impact they'd have if set to 100%.

Similarly it would be good to split up some of the settings so that, for example, instead of a single toggle for all shadows it would be possible to enable cockpit shadows and those of aircraft but disable them for trees and buildings.

Finally it would be great if we had the option to set a minimum acceptable frame rate. The game could then automatically reduce things like visual detail (or flight model detail of any AI aircraft which aren't close to the player) to maintain this frame rate. Then if you started your flight at a quiet airstrip in the countryside visual detail would be high, but as you approached London it would automatically be scaled down to preserve the target fps.

You could even allow each player to rank the importance of the various features and use their choices to determine the order in which features would be sacrificed. For example, one player might prefer visual quality of the landscape to be reduced first, then visual enemy aircraft detail, then the visual quality of their own cockpit, and only sacrifice the full fidelity flight and damage models (for non-nearby AI aircraft) as a last resort, whereas somebody else might have totally opposite priorities.
Cheers,
DD

P.S. Please don't get discouraged by some of the vitriol in the forums from those whose memories are apparently too short to remember the years of dedicated support and patches you guys provided for earlier titles in the series. You've already earned our trust and I'm confident the early problems will all be sorted out eventually, you don't need to be killing yourselves working seven days a week. Take a weekend off to recharge your batteries -we need you guys relaxed and healthy so you can produce the remaining 400 planes for the new game ;).

Ailantd
04-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi

After reading some coments of people here I made some tests with the latest beta patch, with game running in a window an graphs of my machine resources at the other side, cpu, gpu, memory and hardrive access.

My system is a 775 quad core, 4 gb ddr2 and Nvidia 9800 GT wich is a very old card. win 7 64

My first bottleneck as expected with this card are shaders, so shader terrain for me is a killer and I need to have it deactivated so I can fly over terrain with more than 1 frame per second in a window bigger enough so I can see something. Over sea I can fly at even 40 to 66 fps with all maxed but terrain if terrain is not visible and is not too much planes, no more than 10.
The test also is performed with trees, buildings and terrain at low level, max effects and models and shadows on.

Over terrain what I have seen is that the CPU and memory is never fully used ( not even only one of the 4 cores ), the GPU is not performig so bad in windowed mode ( less pixels to perform shader calculatios ) so I can fly with average 20 with max about 30 fps over terrain (not over cities) unless the HD is being used. Every time de HD runs the game freezes like crazy. Of course over terrain, even in this low settings, the HD is working every few seconds and I think thats the bottleneck, as others have already reported.

I think that is the reason because even in most powerfull computers the game perform bad, they have good CPU, good GPU and a lot of memory, but none of these are fully used because every one have a standar HD, bigger or smaller, not more fast than 7400, 7600 rpm.

I would like to see someone with medium system and the game installed in a really fast hard drive like a ssd.

akodonnell
04-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm running a Russian version of the game with a maddox.dll that converts the Russian to English. I tried patching but either get crashes on startup or a message saying that it thinks something in my game is a virus and the launcher crashes. I'll wait for the live patch I guess.

Overall, my computer has never had many of the problems others are having. There are small stutters, but I can dogfight with 20 planes over land or the channel without any real problems and it is completely playable. Great game.

adonys
04-08-2011, 12:32 AM
but you've tried the russian patch with the new maddox.dll from the english patch (as you should), right?!!

jt_medina
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I get a crash to desktop when trying to play any mission. In game menu let me chose any graphic configuration but just when I am going to play there is CTD.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50
ATI 5770 1GB
4GB RAM
Built in Sound card
Windows 7 64 SP1.

I removed the conf.ini and the game created a new one so, CTD is gone.
Overall I get better framerate now I can play over the channel with same settings and 1920x1080 with better performance.

I can't fly over land at least over the British map because stuttering kills framerate. Bombers and fighters still give stuttering and in some moments when I switch external view to look around I get stuttering too for a few seconds.

I tried a fight on the Isles doom(I don`t remember the name) and I got playable framerate. Stuttering was the only problem on bombers and buildings.

It's a step forward but there is still work to do. I am positive this sim will be playable very soon.

II./JG1_Krupinski
04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Patched, now only sound but no screen. By activating task-manager i will get the screen back, but if I try to start a mission I get the error message that the launcher-exe has stopped working...

I get the same - a blank / black screen on load; if i use CTRL+ALT+DEL and then cancel, I can get to the game menu.

Sometimes, I get the game back in a "borderless window" and can see my desktop. Hit CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER will not get me back to full screen.

In the few moments that I can see the game under "normal" conditions I do show a 5-10 frame rate increase to 30-35 over water with High Object detail, Landscape medium and the rest low, very low or off.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
GeForce GT 240
AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4GHz
4 GB RAM

akodonnell
04-08-2011, 12:38 AM
but you've tried the russian patch with the new maddox.dll from the english patch (as you should), right?!!

No I didn't download the english patch because i didn't think that would work, but I'll try it when I get home and report back.

doghous3
04-08-2011, 12:39 AM
I hope you guys realize I've been editing my initial thread with findings as I test/play. First page.

JG4_Helofly
04-08-2011, 12:44 AM
+: 1. Slightly improved sound
2. First person bail out
3. Slightly better performance

-: 1. More stutter even over sea

Silverback
04-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Sorry guys. good over the ocean(no land in sight) and bad over land even at low settings.

Win 7-64 bit
MB, Asus Maximas III Formula
CPU, I7 875@3.89
RAM,12 gigs 1333
GPU,GTX 460 SLI

I can't think of any reason this sim should not run well on my rig. Can you?

thesean
04-08-2011, 01:20 AM
1. The no-full-screen issue is actually a WIP feature. Until today, CoD only supported a pseudo full screen mode, i.e. a stretched window with no borders. Post-patch we'll have three modes: window, pseudo full screen, and true full screen. We just don't have a GUI switch for it yet, and it can't set it right.

This seems bizarre that the game was released/ at this stage of development and not having a working fullscreen mode? No wonder SLI/Crossfire/AA/ are not working and the performance is so bad. I have never played any game that ran better in Windowed mode than Full screen.

You may call me paranoid, but it really seems they had everything ready to go and running well. Then that whole UBI EP filter thing happened and they have had to tear major parts of there code apart and redo it another way to pass some redundant legal BS that UBI threw at them in the 11 hour. Hence all these problems and rushing out hot fixes to patch up pretty standard stuff. And..to be honest, I think that EP filter "option" is not really putting the game back to how 1C had intended it to be before this whole Epilepsy debacle (the fact some effects are still missing even with it off shows that). And that's why so much stuff still seems unfinished or in development..especially the whole rendering /performance aspect of the game. It's seems obvious they are scrambling to fix that stuff in the wake of major recent change imposed on them..

Anyway, that's just how it seems to an interested observer.

Thanks for the continued patches.

FlyingBollock
04-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Frame rate seems unchanged. I can play it if I turn most everything down

hc_wolf
04-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Lets just clear up one thing going forward.

MSAA=4 is not giving AAx8 ingame. There maybe some AA working from inside the cockpit view. But all external views are not using any AA at all. It is just looking ok cause the res on all computers are around 1600 or 1980*1020.

I have a gtx285 it is dx10 and should look it in game. Fail it looks like old il2 paint schemes mostly. But I should at least have smooth lines with MSAA=4

I have played with it a lot over the last few days. Also noticed this for Dev team

The Render=d3d10_0 is not working correct. I have found adjusting this to Render=d3d10_43_x64 gives me funny shadows but the game runs smoother.

So i just turn off shadows and then I have big FPS over land.

But changing Render to Render=d3d10_43_x64 seems to disable been able to select AA at all ingame. Even if I hard code MSAA=4 in conf.ini in my documents area not steam... and change the file to read only. The game seems to override this and set AA ot off.

So two things

MSAA is not working

RENDER=D3d10_0 is not working either. I believe game is displaying d3dx9 not dx10

Also what is Megatexture=0 for? If you change to 1 the mission does not load but game does.

Same issue with Fog=0 can load game but not a mission. CPU looks like it is workinghard to load but after 5 mins the loading screen has not progressed.

MaDMaX68
04-08-2011, 01:42 AM
i tested using the quick mission, bomber raid over london, before patch everything on high, during fights it was about 20-23 fps, but including ground shots, down to 13-15 fps,,

after the patch i probably gained abuot 5 fps in the air, but including ground shots, about 3-4 fps.

then,
i reduced all my settings to medium that pertain to any ground stuff, but aircraft/damage etc i left high

antiliasing is set to off,

now im getting between 30-55 fps over water and about 28-40 over land!(still stutters a bit)

i am quite happy with the game play:grin:

but i appreciate others are struggling!

personally i will be upgrading my card from ati 6870 to poss a GTX 480 / if and when they patch/fix SLI/CF then i will get another one!

on another note, hat off to the DEVS! i see there were/are some impatient people on here,, but at least you guys are doing the best to give us a great game, i would rather have it as it is than not at all

:mrgreen:

FA_Bowman
04-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Has anybody noticed a difference with Crossfire, my fps has gone up by about a 1/4 with it enabled. Hitting 55-60's in the Dover Q/M at 1280x720 with med settings after patch.

AMD Phenom II x4 965 + ATI 4890 x2 8g Kingston Hyper X

O_Smiladon
04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
I am sure when they fix the muilti core issue we will gain a lot then.

O_Smiladon

fireship4
04-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Specs:

Vista x64 Home Premium
4 GB DDR2 at 400MHz
ATI HD 4870 (512MB) overclocked @ 790/1080
Core 2 Duo E6600 overclocked @ 3.3 GHz
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Settings:

Resolution: 1920*1080 @ 60Hz (native resolution)
Full Screen: On

Detail Level: Custom
Show Advanced: On

Model Detail: High
Buildings Detail: Low
Land Detail: Medium
Forest: Off
Visual Effects: High

Anti-aliasing: Off
Anti-Epilepsy Filter: Off

Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Low
Land Shading: Medium
Grass: Off
Shadows: Off
Roads: On

Audio: Surround

Performance:

No notable difference from before patch. Stuttering when low over land or sea, and every so often in the air (these can be slower stutters which pause the game for longer, but do not happen often?). The former affects the sound aswell, which sometimes cuts out permanently until game is restarted. I have just now had some smooth performance when low over sea (and once over a small part of an island) but it's somewhat random - stutters will come and go. Possible somewhat to do with direction? I was out to sea on the cross vs roundels map for the most part just now and some directions might have been smoother but it was mostly random.

Above low altitude performace over land seems to be worse in general than over sea.

I have had the feeling there might be a memory leak somewhere as I noticed performance degrading gradually as you played the game over a certain period. Im not sure if this is still present in the patch as it is.

I currently play the game exlusively in dog-fights/bomber intercepts, on the cross vs. roundel map (over the sea part) or over the channel. No landings or taking off, and no campaign/training. In these circumstances the game is playable for the most part.

Chivas
04-08-2011, 02:18 AM
I'm running 1024x768 full screen as 1920x1200 full screen cause multiple problems. More testing required.

Everything ON and at HIGH

Large performance gain over water. 100fps up to 150+fps

Smaller performance gain over land with far less stuttering. 30fps up to 30-50fps

no performance gain over London with considerable stuttering 19 fps

jt_medina
04-08-2011, 03:13 AM
I can't change my screen res any other than the native one in my case 1920x1080 any other different swithes it into window mode.

b101uk
04-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Another patch error even if you revert back from the patch to the prior version and the game has tried to use a resolution lower than your desktop resolution with the patch creating a pseudo "window" at some point even though full screen was selected, is the aircraft info text-box that tells you in blue txt that your gear is up/down or your flaps up/down etc has now moved to the centre of the screen so is central to the view/gun sight and is also smaller.

Also the radio info text-box which gives radio subtitles in larger red txt has also move to the left so it is now at the top left of the screen and is also smaller.

And the icon/s that represent the currant throttle position ect have move upward.

manfromx
04-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Just tried the patch and the game is a lot smoother over terrain. When everything is loaded into memory it's almost as smooth as water.

I still notice the stuttering when new things are loaded in but it happens for a second or two and then once the area is loaded its smooth flying. Makes me wonder how much smoother this would be if the game could access the rest of my RAM ;).

Looks like I'll be starting the campaign real soon.

Game Video Settings: (Russian Version)
Everything on Highest except building detail and amount (medium) and no AA
1920x1200

System Specs:
Radeon 6970 (2GB)
Intel Quad Core Q8300 running at 3GHZ
8GB Ram
SSD O/S drive - (Win7 Ultimate 64bit)
Game run from 7200RPM Seagate

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Just tested again, min-medium details(1980*1080), all same when allmost maxed,when the game is smooth and really enjoyable to fly, really liked it.

Stuttering is killing my joy, stuttering is same lower graphics option than higher, stuttering get better when i fly about 15min when textures is loaded on memory better but it's still there very badly. When i start Crosscountry mission there is buildings on my side, i see textures takes really long to load in the buildings and my plane. Maybe longer loading times before game starts can help with this issue, i still wondering those loading times, even first time they are really fast, RoF takes about 1-2minutes to load at first time, after that loading times is decreased.

Buildings and other planes are biggest hog to mee, if those are not visible close, i have really good performance on max settings.

How is the option turn buildings off so there is no buildings so we can test how if affect stuttering.

When it's smoot the feeling of flying is absolutely fantastic and terrain looks so good.

I got some really bad tearing too time to time when i turn my head because no possible enable vsync.(Trackir)

FPS is about 50-60 over land allmost max settings when there is no stuttering, so if we can get rid of it or lower it drastically we got exellent sim here.

ZaltysZ
04-08-2011, 05:48 AM
I got some really bad tearing too time to time when i turn my head because no possible enable vsync.(Trackir)

Aero off? Aero usually enforces "vsync" for games in Windowed mode. So far, we don't have real full screen in CoD, so Aero could help with tearing.

GOZR
04-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Going higher resolution will make you video card work more, Lower rez and it's more cpu .. meaning yeas something is really wrong !!

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Aero off? Aero usually enforces "vsync" for games in Windowed mode. So far, we don't have real full screen in CoD, so Aero could help with tearing.

Not tested with Aero off, but that tearing is my littlest problem, stuttering is biggest problem.:mad:

If we don't have real fullscreen yet, it maybe help my dual GPU card to start second GPU, games in Windowed mode newer works with Crossfire 2GPU or SLI modes. Starting the game in Windowed mode is only possibility turn off Crossfire mode in my 5970 dual GPU card(Crysis 2 and another games what have some graphics problems with crossfire)

blitze
04-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah this is the strange thing, testing a beta patch where there is no full screen mode. I haven't tested the beta myself but I noticed improvements with COD when I told launcher.exe to disable aero when it started.

I will not have time to test the beta properly before the patch release but without I was getting reasonable play on my system but with some micro studders over land.

COD @ 1680 x 1050
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
E8400 @ 3Ghz
ATI 4870 1Gb
4Gb Ram
128Gb SSD System Drive but with COD installed on a 1Tb secondary drive.
Med Settings for COD except for Building Amount and Trees being very low.
2 x aa ingame
Epilepsy Filter and grass - Off.

BTW AI belly lands the planes, including auto pilot. Some good dog fighting though and trying to bring down those bombers is a challenge with 8 x Brit 303's for your armourment. :)
It must have been a godsend for them when the Hispano 20mm started to be fitted along with .50Cals.

JG52Krupi
04-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I find the .303 quite good just the low ammo count worries me, much more ammo in the 109s machine guns

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-08-2011, 06:34 AM
I find the .303 quite good just the low ammo count worries me, much more ammo in the 109s machine guns

2400 rounds in all Hurris and Spits. Its the ROF of those guns that makes you blow through that ammo.

HellmaUw
04-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Short updatereview from me (my first post ever and sorry for maybe wrong english i´m german and nealy since 30 jears out of shool)

My system
Intel core 2 Quad 2,40 G
Nvidida GTX 470 (sometimes I overclock e little bit)
Vista home 32 Bit
1680-10... (Widescreen)
Trackir 4

I use all settings to middel, gras and so on - all on - AA 2x (I sometime also try 8x but it´s no optical diverence for me).

Since the update my grafic in german campagne is smoother, also over London. I have stutters as before and i have launcher crash as before.

This crashes happens not always in the same situations, so i can´t say what the reason could be. Often they happen when i´m just in a fight - i fight with the standard amount of planes in the mission - all works (with stutters - not easy) there are damaged planes - smoke and so on - no problem and suddenly it crashes. And when i try the same the next time it not problem to end the same mission (faliure of course) without a crash.

At the end I want to say:
I love this sim! The grafic is near to a movie. I would be very happy if you could get this sim as perfekt as possible.

Is it possible, that the patch better works for 32 bit systems?

Gallandwolf
04-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I installed the BETA patch yesterday. Couldn't get CoD started so I had to remove the patch. After removal I was able to start the game normally again. For some reason my performance is has been ok from the start even though I get sometimes FPS drop, but only in the begining of a mission. Otherwise it runs well.

Hopefully the real patch would be done so that everyone could install it and enjoy the results.

JG14_Jagr
04-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I made some settings changes and the result is that on my system is that its very possible to fly on the deck over London with about 30 fps. At higher altitudes the fps goes up to 50 fps.

Now, I have a good rig and the game ran pretty well for me pre patch, but not over major developed areas like London. Wasn't a slide show but it got close to single digits. This is the "Russian" version of the game with the "Russian" version patch.

I will post my in game video settings first..

1920X1200
Models-HIGH
Building Detail-VERY LOW
Land Detail-HIGH
Forest-HIGH
Visual Effects-HIGH
AA-Off (doesn't seem to be working anyway)
Decals-HIGH
Building Amount-HIGH
Land Shading-HIGH
Grass-OFF
Shadows-OFF
Roads-ON

(Grass and Shadows seem to have a major impact to me..even more than "Forests")

My Conf.ini

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1200
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
host=74.73.250.33
port=21003

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
ProcessAffinityMask=15
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed=0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=0
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=3
VisibilityDistance=4
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=2
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1

And finally, proof is in the video documentation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXs2T0NGXJw

slightly higher..the video seems to show a couple of very brief pauses, but I don't think hey actually are "pauses" I think they were cause by stick inputs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0BmJxNUk4

I flew through London Bridge and turned left over the city as the recording began.. heading away from the Thames.. The results were pretty consistant with the only difference being at a little higher altitide you could see the buildings drawing around you a lot more..but the fps seemed to be the same regardless..just didn't look as cool :)

I will say this, when you fly over london and see the buildings drawing you have to think "Holy Cow, thats a lot of triangles to draw!"

Tvrdi
04-08-2011, 07:14 AM

So its Aero...I forgot that I turned OFF Aero just before patching and noticed tearing although I have vsync on....thanks for the input

AMVI_Superblu
04-08-2011, 07:14 AM
With more accurate testing i noticed a nice FPS gain and Stutter reduction over land, no issues over water.
Only thing is the screen resolution issue (see my previous post #125 )

Settings all set High, Buildings and Trees @ Low
Res. 1920x1080,60Hz

Please note that these tests are being made with a 32Bit O.S. (My copy of Win7 x64 still on trip)

Keep up the good work, with some more slightly optimization will be ok !

If it can help, i remember about ArmA:Armed Assault from Bohemia Interactive having same FPS/Stutter Issues as Cliffs Of Dover after his release.. as far as i know they solved it by optimizing Buildings and Trees textures with little less complex ones and reducing the number of LOD transition on Buildings.

My Rig.

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2Ghz
2x 2GB RAM Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz 8-8-8-24
AMD/ATI HD 4650 1GB Dx10.1
Corsair 800W PSU
2x SATA-2 6GB/s Raid 0
Win7 Ultimate 32 Bit

Gonna keep testing ;)

S!

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 07:19 AM
So its Aero...I forgot that I turned OFF Aero just before patching and noticed tearing although I have vsync on....thanks for the input

You cannot force vsync on, it's not working with this game, it's off.

There is hope that real "Full screen" maybe works better.

Kankkis

Tvrdi
04-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Kankkis

really, then trackir is useless in COD as I have tearing....

:fi:wardog
04-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Hi

I installed the patch as directed and when I tried to fly a quick mission the game launcher failed and shut the game down.

I was looking forward to trying this out to see if there was an increase in FPS over land but no joy.

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 07:33 AM
really, then trackir is useless in COD as I have tearing....

i'll try D3Doverrider, it's best vsync forcing program because it supports Force Triple buffering also.

Kankkis

tintifaxl
04-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Kankkis

I have it force vsync in the nvidia control panel and it seems to work. I don't notice any tearing.

Performance for me has not improved with the patch. But setting texture quality to performance in the nvidia control panel raised the fps by ~15%.

Still much stuttering flying over cities. Also stuttering when approaching bombers (I guess when the LOD changes to high detail, and the textures have to be loaded).

I would also conclude that the main problem is the loading of terrain and textures, cuasing the sim to freeze.

klem
04-08-2011, 07:52 AM
This may havebeen reported, I have a lot to do today and no time to read all 23 pages - a good sign that many are testing :)

Multiplayer - Client
The beta patch has taken away those naked text boxes for Spawn Aircraft group and replaced them with properly tailored menu items although they do the same job.
You no longer have 'Change your plane' on the multiplayer pick-list. A map now appears on which, having chosen your side, you click on one of the airfields that the mission creator has populated with a/c and then pick from what's available.

One problem is there is nothing to tell you which fields they are unless its somehow in the brief (which I haven't tried) but they should at least be highlighted, say Red or Blue like they were in IL-2.
Also I didn't get a list of existing Flights already created by the mission or new ones created by others in the game, it seemed I could only create a new Flight but I could be missing something.

FPS
Its hard for me to say on this as I had pretty good FPS before although much lower over London. My impression is that it is a little smoother (or I am just getting used to it?) but my low level FPS did seem to be a little improved over London but not by much. I'm sorry I can't be more objective.

Views
I had TrackIR problems originally where the TIR seemed to be unpredictable and repositioned my head very often, especially left and right. It still does it but either its not so much or I am just getting used to it. It is a pain though and if there's anything that can be done that would be great. I am constantly pressing my "Centre TrackIR" button. I get a similar but far less effect in IL-2 (I know thats a mod but its also a reference). Worst of all is the vertical range I get with TIR. It seems I can only look up and down by a limited amount. If I centre TIR on my gunsight I can move my view quite a way upwards but only down to the bottom of the instrument panel. If I centre it on the instrument panel I can then look down at the lower controls but I can't look much above the front canopy frame. I don't think it's a TIR problem as the TIR scale/grid view continues to move beyond the cockpit range.

ASUS Sabertooth mobo
i7 950 @ 4GHz
6Gb DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX570 GPU
850W PSU
Coolermaster HAF912+ case
Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050
X52 HOTAS
X45 miscellaneous controls

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 07:58 AM
If I centre it on the instrument panel I can then look down at the lower controls but I can't look much above the front canopy frame. I don't think it's a TIR problem as the TIR scale/grid view continues to move beyond the cockpit range.

Be sure you don't have pressed Shift+F1 then TIR movement is limited.

609_Huetz
04-08-2011, 08:01 AM
After intensive testing yesterday and this morning:

No significant improvement in performance (~5 fps) over land and sea.

A lot of micro-stutters still in combat and in normal flight.

A lot of micro-stutters when flying really close to enemy planes.

London is still far from being smooth and unplayable when other a/c are involved.

System Specs:

C2Q Q3.2 GHZ
4 GB DDR2
Sapphire HD 5770 1 GB DDR5
Vista 64

Game Settings:

1280x1024
All High
Except:
Trees: Low
Buildings: Low

Eklund89
04-08-2011, 08:04 AM
As a server i got alot of error boxes appearing saying things like "wrong insignia on group" or somthing like that. there were several different messages. I think the people on the server trying to change stuff make them appear but i have no idea. this happend when i was just flying around so i didn't cause them myself as far as i know.

Zaltor
04-08-2011, 08:08 AM
FPS before and after patch
----------------------------
In water battles I get 35-40 "13915" 40-45 "13820"
over london I get 10-15 "13915" 10-15 "13820"
Micro stutters seem gone.

Possible Bug
--------------
I strafed the oil container in london and it exploded
this caused a chain reaction explosion the whole city wide
and fps went to "0" did this several times with the same results.

Game settings
---------------
1920x1200
8x AA
Anti Epi filter off
everything max except trees medium and shadows low.

DX/system info

System Information
--------------------
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/24/10 18:04:07 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 3021MB used, 13094MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices
----------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (5870 Vapor-X OC)
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter 0x6898
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_E140174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 753 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB
Shared Memory: 3839 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1070 (English)
DDI Version: 11
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/9/2011 00:55:52, 795136 bytes

klem
04-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Be sure you don't have pressed Shift+F1 then TIR movement is limited.

Nope, it's in the normal FOVs. Shift+1 limits sideviews to my "shoulders" in the a/c which I think is a bit tight but I don't use anyway as the FOV90 is all I need.

Jotaele
04-08-2011, 08:19 AM
This may havebeen reported, I have a lot to do today and no time to read all 23 pages - a good sign that many are testing :)

Multiplayer - Client
The beta patch has taken away those naked text boxes for Spawn Aircraft group and replaced them with properly tailored menu items although they do the same job.
You no longer have 'Change your plane' on the multiplayer pick-list. A map now appears on which, having chosen your side, you click on one of the airfields that the mission creator has populated with a/c and then pick from what's available.

One problem is there is nothing to tell you which fields they are unless its somehow in the brief (which I haven't tried) but they should at least be highlighted, say Red or Blue like they were in IL-2.
Also I didn't get a list of existing Flights already created by the mission or new ones created by others in the game, it seemed I could only create a new Flight but I could be missing something.

FPS
Its hard for me to say on this as I had pretty good FPS before although much lower over London. My impression is that it is a little smoother (or I am just getting used to it?) but my low level FPS did seem to be a little improved over London but not by much. I'm sorry I can't be more objective.

Views
I had TrackIR problems originally where the TIR seemed to be unpredictable and repositioned my head very often, especially left and right. It still does it but either its not so much or I am just getting used to it. It is a pain though and if there's anything that can be done that would be great. I am constantly pressing my "Centre TrackIR" button. I get a similar but far less effect in IL-2 (I know thats a mod but its also a reference). Worst of all is the vertical range I get with TIR. It seems I can only look up and down by a limited amount. If I centre TIR on my gunsight I can move my view quite a way upwards but only down to the bottom of the instrument panel. If I centre it on the instrument panel I can then look down at the lower controls but I can't look much above the front canopy frame. I don't think it's a TIR problem as the TIR scale/grid view continues to move beyond the cockpit range.

ASUS Sabertooth mobo
i7 950 @ 4GHz
6Gb DDR3 RAM
EVGA GTX570 GPU
850W PSU
Coolermaster HAF912+ case
Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050
X52 HOTAS
X45 miscellaneous controls

You have to set the head translaton in x y and z, very low in trackir software, like 1 or less, and notice that your head in game is leaning due to pilot body compensating when the planes banks, that can confuse you, im starting to be used to contrarrest with my body leaning in the oposite side , like in a bicicle.The up down movement is very limited like in the most of the game , due that you are stucked into a chair and its supposed that you can raised or down too much.

ZaltysZ
04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
i7 920, GTX470, 6GB, Win7 x64.

Objects, landscape, effects, land shadows on medium, everything else off or very low. Shadows are on. Resolution 1440x900.

Stutters near ground are reduced when compared to pre beta.

6vs6 fights over channel are about 45-70 fps, however it drops to 25fps sometimes. Such drops were not frequent in pre beta. Something has changed.

Trees and shadows still cause the biggest hit (fps get down to 15-25 fps over small town).

P.S.: Luthier, I don't know the details, but NVIDIA has something changed/removed in 4xx,5xx cards, so some techniques (undocumented shortcuts) can't work correctly on them. I.e., there was problems in RoF with shadows and textures with these particular cards. As CoD was developed so long (starting way before these cards appeared), it could be that it also uses something what these cards don't like.

Kuky
04-08-2011, 08:58 AM
I tried the patch yesterday and got much worse performance... FPS were connstant at about 5-6 FPS on High settings (before the patch it was 30-40 but stuttering a lot so it was not playable, over water it's good but close to land and it starts stuttering a lot)

my specs:
- Windows 7 64bit Home Premium (page file disabled, all updates for OS installed)
- 12GB RAM DDR3
- i7 950 @ 4GHz
- HD 5870 1GB RAM (Catalyst 11.3, monitor resolution 1920x1200)
- X-Fi Titanium PCIe
- Corsair HX850 PSU
- OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD (OS and all software installed on it)

1337Avi80R
04-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Max FPS: 40, Min FPS: 14, Average: 29-30 FPS - Free Flight over France
Big stutters from time to time but overall a slight performance increase but really not very much.

Settings:
1680x1050, Fullscreen
Modeldetail: High
Buildingdetail: Very low
Landscapedetail: Low
Trees: Off
Visual Effects: High
Damagedetail: High
Buildingamount: Low
Landscapeshading: Low
Grass: Off
Shadows: On
Roads: On

Changing settings after having startet a mission caused the launcher to crash. Other tests showed that buildings are the no. 1 FPS killer for me. With everything else on high except for buildings I have almost the same FPS as with the settings stated above.

Also it is nice to see that the strange gunneryproblem has been addressed:!: :grin:

My PC specs:

Mainboard: Gigabyte P55 UD3L
CPU:Intel Core I5 760
GPU:ATI Radeon 4870
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4Gb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Service Pack 1