PDA

View Full Version : Review in german edition of Gamestar

Ivan Fooker
04-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Fair but sad article imho.

original
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover/news/il_2_sturmovik_cliffs_of_dover,46106,2322049.html# comments

Google Translator -> english
http://translate.google.de/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestar.de%2Fspiele%2Fil-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover%2Fnews%2Fil_2_sturmovik_cliffs_of_dover%2C46 106%2C2322049.html%23comments&act=url

Google Translator -> russian/cyrillic
http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=ru&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestar.de%2Fspiele%2Fil-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover%2Fnews%2Fil_2_sturmovik_cliffs_of_dover%2C46 106%2C2322049.html%23comments

Wurschtie
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Please be careful. There has already been a thread about this by a friend of mine, who got banned for four after posting this.

Perhaps he would have been better off by saying that it was not meant a s a warning, but as an information how magazines write sometimes.

My opinion: The devs are well aware of the problem, and are working very hard. And I am confident that the patch will soon clear things out, and we will all have a sh**load of fun with this sim.

The words in Gamestar magazine are a bit too harsh in my opinion.

Therion_Prime
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Gamestar is the biggest PC-Gaming Mag. in Germany.
Yes, they made a purchase warning for CoD in it's current state.

If 1C dislikes that, they should sue Gamestar and not start banning forum members for relaying information.

It's not your friends fault.

Corto
04-07-2011, 08:23 AM
yes, a purchase warning for CoD in the biggest german gaming mag is serious...
This is a brand for this sim.... very sad
for the small flight- sim- community...

Redroach
04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I regard that as a big, fat warning shot to UBIsoft. Sure, the ones to blame may or may not be multiple parties, but UBI just shouldn't mess with developer's agendas (Epilepsy filter, Steam and such).
I just happen to hate those 'publishing' companies... they have done so much damage to developer studios (thinking of EA, too) it's not even funny. It should be more like in book publishing... aside from designing the title and caring about ortographic errors, publishers shouldn't mess around (Yea, I know, from time to time, you hear about 'black sheep' there, too).

Unfortunately, the developer team will also be drawn into this to a certain extent :(
Well, let's just hope for the best, that Maddox Games will 'patch' things up and more positive reviews start coming in - so that we don't have to worry that much about the future of the Il-2 line.

Oktoberfest
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Gamestar is the biggest PC-Gaming Mag. in Germany.
Yes, they made a purchase warning for CoD in it's current state.

If 1C dislikes that, they should sue Gamestar and not start banning forum members for relaying information.

It's not your friends fault.

Banned because he posted a link to a review ? That's like shooting the messenger. It wont change the fact that people can build themselves their own opinion on a product, what's not necessarily allowed here.

And sueeing Gamestar won't do the trick either as well as 1C cannot prove that their review is biased and based on bad faith. Which is not.

Fuchs
04-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Banned because he posted a link to a review ? That's like shooting the messenger.
:shock:

hope it's not true...
in 2011 it's not a good idea to do that...

ParaB
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Also the previous thread was deleted. Not locked, deleted...

Critical views are not really popular around here. Better write a "thank you dear devs, it's sooo awesome!!!" quickly.

;)

bongodriver
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
actually the threads were more likely deleted because they just beacame bloated with pointless bickering

Nike-it
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Also the previous thread was deleted. Not locked, deleted...

Critical views are not really popular around here. Better write a "thank you dear devs, it's sooo awesome!!!" quickly.

;)

If you look at the forum, you'll see a lot of threads with different complains, we delete only pointless threads, duplicate ones and the ones with rude content. If your words were right, then half of the forum will be deleted and same amount of members be banned.

ParaB
04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
If you look at the forum, you'll see a lot of threads with different complains, we delete only pointless threads, duplicate ones and the ones with rude content. Or you want the forum to be a trash bag?

No, and I understand the need for moderation, especially when the tempers are up as it is currently in this forum, due to the problems with the sim.

But deleting threads just looks like you want to hide something, especially when the content was such a heavy criticism of the game from a well-respected source. Simply locking said thread up after it went ballistic would've been a far better handling of the situation IMHO.

Ivan Fooker
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
But you also ban people just if they state their meaning: "feeling cheated after bought the game"....which is imho understandable.
No one has to expect that a load of patches will follow...as we can see by many examples from EA,UBI or Codemasters.Not each developer follows same direction like e.g. former NeoQ (Rof) or BIS (ArmA2) with frequently new pacthes.

So if u hit someone from Gamestar by banning, due his opinon,you shouldnt wonder about reviews like that.
Hurry up and get the game running, and all this stuff will be forgotten within days.
If it keeps like it is the game will be ripped off in reviews, ....that is daily buisness.

However, in my opinion the game has fantastic potential and just was released a few weeks to early.

But i guess i am going off topic here.
Neverthelss, banning people for their meaing reminds me of old DDR times...etc.

bongodriver
04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
especially when the content was such a heavy criticism of the game from a well-respected source

it was one single post on the said respected source followed a load of vitriolic spume, it was matched by as many people who were less critical but getting sick of the banter.

Nike-it
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
But you also ban people just if they state their meaning: "feeling cheated after bought the game"....which is imho understandable.
No one has to expect that a load of patches will follow...as we can see by many examples from EA,UBI or Codemasters.Not each developer follows same direction like e.g. former NeoQ (Rof) or BIS (ArmA2) with frequently new pacthes.

So if u hit someone from Gamestar by banning, due his opinon,you shouldnt wonder about reviews like that.
Hurry up and get the game running, and all this stuff will be forgotten within days.
If it keeps like it is the game will be ripped off in reviews, ....that is daily buisness.

However, in my opinion the game has fantastic potential and just was released a few weeks to early.

But i guess i am going off topic here.
Neverthelss, banning people for their meaing reminds me of old DDR times...etc.

I'm not sure that the person was banned only for posting the same link. Otherwise you should have also been banned aтв this thread deleted. If it happened, then I apologise for this issue and I'm always ready to unban the person if he didn't do anything prohibited.

Ivan Fooker
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Dont close the barn door after the horse has escaped.

Wurschtie
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
We delete only pointless threads, duplicate ones and the ones with rude content.

I'm not sure that the person was banned only for posting the same link. Otherwise you should have also been banned aтв this thread deleted. If it happened, then I apologise for this issue and I'm always ready to unban the person if he didn't do anything prohibited.

OK. I haven't got the wording of the initial post in that particular thread. But why should the starter of a thread be banned for four weeks, just for sharing that source with us? The replies were much more offensive, I admit that, but if THAT was not shooting the messenger, I don't really know.

Plus: The majority of the people here in the forum (regardless if they post critical sources or not) are really willing and extraordinarily patient with the game, and they are quite loyal to the developers, who work really hard.

That particular thread was started by a friend of mine (CHB68 ). We spent hours at night to evaluate the game, made system reports, posted them here for discussion. The idea behind that was helping people. After his Gamestar thread, he got banned without even being told any particular reason

Of course, deleting a thread with 100 useless rants is easier than picking out the rude ones one by one (I know about moderating and the workload of it), but banning the thread starter? I don't know ...

Wolf_Rider
04-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I think everyone should just take a deep breath and chill out... tearing ourselves apart by tearing into each other, ain't going to fix anything.

Blue Scorpion
04-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Banning in these forums has been seriously overzealous, I have never been banned from any forum in over twenty years of gaming but have been here, twice. Once for reporting another poster who sought to have others banned just fo the hell of it and becasue he knew he could.

I myself have never used bad language or made any personal attack on any forum, never mind here, where I have made a number of posts HELPING others overcome their problems with the title. However, as a paying customer I have a right to say that I am unhappy with a product.

Banning people who complain and brandishing them trolls and even claiming they have not purchased the title is childish and counterproductive.

As a developer, you need to have broader shoulders and accept there are problems and that people are going to complain about them. If not here, elsewhere, and with considerably more vitriol having been banned on the official forums, particularly when they were posting within the tos, laid down as the rules of the forum. Frankly, the mod responsible for the majority of these bans is out of his depth; banning customers, who have PAID for your product, is never the way to go, unless they are downright hostile and abusive, then a ban is clearly warranted.

It was not our decision to release the title as is, and sticking ones head in the sand will NOT make complaints, bad reviews, or problems go away, it will just make them worse. It will do no more than aggravate and enflame customers who sought to support your product with their own money.

We are not responsible for this games problems, we are just reacting to them.

Oktoberfest
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Banning in these forums has been seriously overzealous, I have never been banned from any forum in over twenty years of gaming but have been here, twice. Once for reporting another poster who sought to have others banned just fo the hell of it and becasue he knew he could.

I myself have never used bad language or made any personal attack on any forum, never mind here, where I have made a number of posts HELPING others overcome their problems with the title. However, as a paying customer I have a right to say that I am unhappy with a product.

Banning people who complain and brandishing them trolls and even claiming they have not purchased the title is childish and counterproductive.

As a developer, you need to have broader shoulders and accept there are problems and that people are going to complain about them. If not here, elsewhere, and with considerably more vitriol having been banned on the official forums, particularly when they were posting within the tos, laid down as the rules of the forum. Frankly, the mod responsible for the majority of these bans is out of his depth; banning customers, who have PAID for your product, is never the way to go, unless they are downright hostile and abusive, then a ban is clearly warranted.

It was not our decision to release the title as is, and sticking ones head in the sand will NOT make complaints, bad reviews, or problems go away, it will just make them worse. It will do no more than aggravate and enflame customers who sought to support your product with their own money.

We are not responsible for this games problems, we are just reacting to them.

+1 and expect to get banned now. They cancelled the "Rant thread" opened yesterday just because some users made valid points about why they thought they got f***d by the release of this game. But some guys just can't accept to look what they have under their eyes.

bongodriver
04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
+1 and expect to get banned now. They cancelled the "Rant thread" opened yesterday just because some users made valid points about why they thought they got f***d by the release of this game. But some guys just can't accept to look what they have under their eyes.

and many others made valid points at how not all the negativity was justified.

Cpt.Badger
04-07-2011, 04:28 PM
If 1C dislikes that, they should sue Gamestar

Wait... what ? That statement is hilarious.

GnigruH
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Like i said in one of those 'deleted' threads: Everyone who bought this game, have a rig above min sys requirements and still can't play it should sue 1c.
Now I bet this one will be invisibled too.

Redroach
04-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh, please don't start to dream, there are way to many outlandish statements even now.
If the game doesn't work on your machine, you can get your money back and that's it.

Cpt.Badger
04-07-2011, 04:40 PM
If the game doesn't work on your machine, you can get your money back and that's it.

That is not actually quite that simple as it varies from country to country and is also strictly dependent on the actual game reseller.

Redroach
04-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, I don't know if you could whip up a multi-million dollar lawsuit for 'emotional damages' in the US, but we here in Germany are a bit more reasonable :rolleyes:

Tree_UK
04-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned because he posted a link to a review ? That's like shooting the messenger. It wont change the fact that people can build themselves their own opinion on a product, what's not necessarily allowed here.

And sueeing Gamestar won't do the trick either as well as 1C cannot prove that their review is biased and based on bad faith. Which is not.

jeez, ive been shot more times than i care to remember :grin: