PDA

View Full Version : So what is it UBI is doing for COD? avail for 1 week- still can't buy

thesean
04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I thought UBI was supposed to be the publisher? Well they seem to be doing a pretty crap job of publishing as I cannot buy this game in Dublin, Ireland.

Game: Hadn't heard of it, couldn't find it in their list of current or upcoming games.

GameStop: Hadn't heard of it. Checked their UBI release list and had no mention of it.

HMV: Clerk was a fan of the series but didn't know it was due out. Checked their Current warehouse database and release list...nothing.

Completely laughable: UBI force them to release and unfinished product (which I amazingly am willing to buy) yet they can't even get the game onto retailers shelves a week after release? <-Definition of irony. Do you want my money or what???

If they are trying to force Digital download then why the hell did 1C go with UBI at all? Some old contract they couldn't get out of?

505 Games did a great job for BIS and the Arma Series with regard to retail stores.

Vaporblast
04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
I thought UBI was supposed to be the publisher? Well they seem to be doing a pretty crap job of publishing as I cannot buy this game in Dublin, Ireland.

Game: Hadn't heard of it, couldn't find it in their list of current or upcoming games.

GameStop: Hadn't heard of it. Checked their UBI release list and had no mention of it.

HMV: Clerk was a fan of the series but didn't know it was due out. Checked their Current warehouse database and release list...nothing.

Completely laughable: UBI force them to release and unfinished product (which I amazingly am willing to buy) yet they can't even get the game onto retailers shelves a week after release? <-Definition of irony. Do you want my money or what???

If they are trying to force Digital download then why the hell did 1C go with UBI at all? Some old contract they couldn't get out of?

505 Games did a great job for BIS and the Arma Series with regard to retail stores.

Where do you live? The game has not been released yet in North America...

thesean
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM
I let you read it again :)

Targ
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
He lives in the Congo Africa but is on vacation in Dublin atm but is originaly from Houston Texas but would like to move to Alaska some day and maybe retire in Tonga.

madrebel
04-07-2011, 12:52 AM
digital distribution has far surpased box sales. no need to ship boxes anymore.

Meusli
04-07-2011, 01:15 AM
If thats the case why did they need UBI to put it on Steam for them? That is something they could have done all by themselves with more profit as well.

madrebel
04-07-2011, 01:17 AM
If thats the case why did they need UBI to put it on Steam for them? That is something they could have done all by themselves with more profit as well.
ubi already had the rights.

TeeJay82
04-07-2011, 01:24 AM
ubi already had the rights.

yeah... same goes for the Lockon game

glad ED broke out of ubi and made theyre own name... respectfully as well

thesean
04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
...Still can't get a boxed version of this anywhere over here..........:( What the hell?

thesean
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok, I have given up trying to buy the boxed version in a Irish retail shop, its pretty obvious now that's not going to happen.

I figured i would just order it from the old reliable Play.com. Here are their search results for IL2: http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=il2&searchtype=allproducts&searchfilters=s%257bil2%257d%252b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=6

Seriously wtf? arnt Play.com an English company? PLEASE some one tell me where / when I can get a boxed copy of this game?

Dont the developers care that their game cant be bought????

BigPickle
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
looks maybe like the boxed version may have been withdrawn untill the first big patch so all system specs can run the game, remember the guys with lowend specs some still cant run it yet.

=XIII=Shea
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Im from ireland,i also had no luck getting the boxed version:mad:,So i just bought it of steam,i also asked cdwow and they never heard of it,seems like amazon.uk will ship to ireland
the boxed version is there for 60 euro,but it isnt the collectors edition

thesean
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Damn, well thanks for the info guys

Fergal69
04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm in the UK & got a boxed collectors edition from ubi.com - had to go to ubi.com as Game, HMV, Amazon, etc. not selling it as a boxed version.

Game do a download version as well as justflight.co.uk

sorak
04-21-2011, 09:52 PM
...Still can't get a boxed version of this anywhere over here..........:( What the hell?

Download the Digital Version. Copy it on a dvd. Order a pizza, put it in the box.. Mission Success

602Sqn.McLean
04-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I reckon because everything is backwards in Ireland then the release of the game was in 1102, which has already been so they're probably out of stock mate.