PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game as it stands.

Dazzed DJ
04-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Really just wanted to add to the general conversation about the game. I am an old il2 player and had put it up after a while and let the dust settle on my x52 and track ir.
My rig is about 4 years old and to put things in perspective I get ffps of a about 30 to 50 over Chanel with 6 planes in air and when i went over London I was getting 5 to 20. So not the smoothest or best looking ATM. Still with all this I must say WOW, I have the flying iche again am looking at upgrading my rig in next few months after a few patches but must say am impressed with want I have seen so far.
Bought through steam as in Australia EB is charging 90 odd bucks for the game when can get it much cheaper on steam.
Keep all the posts coming an the updates flying, am even considering getting the new sitek hotas. Lol can't to try and explain that to the wife.

jibo
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM
lol don't try to explain (i need a hotass ?) you may receive a good slap
regarding the fps issue you may brute force the game by playing it 1024 windowed

Meusli
04-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Yes it can take quite some explaining and eyebrow raising to swindle a HOTAS system. The luck was with me though as I found all three CH Pros on ebay 2 years ago for £90, that was not such a hard sell. :)

Ah Dynamix, I still have the boxes for the Aces Series. I think I can also lay the blame for my poor flying skills on that game as I used to just turn hard rudder circle to get behind any aircraft. Can't do that with todays combat sims as your just a sitting duck.