PDA

View Full Version : Stutter reduction by disableing Aero

Vierzinger
04-06-2011, 11:52 PM
After reading a few posts by Retrofish and Gibbage1 over at the Ubi soft forum it seems that there are some problem with COD's integration With Windows Aero feature.

quote:

Originally posted by Retrofish:
I'm using Win7 64 bit and I found out that turning off Aero before launching CoD pratically eliminated the stutters I had.
This seems to be unique to CoD. I've seen no problems with leaving Aero on with other games.

E8400
4GB RAM
GTX285 1GB

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/5181035919/p/2

Temporary solution:

In the properties of Launcher.exe under the Compability tab, check 'Disable desktop composition'

I tested it out and it does work, but not as much as I hoped.

Wolf_Rider
04-07-2011, 12:02 AM
maybe what you're seeing is an effect of doing two or three runs of the sim, using the same quick mission.....

no mater what setting, the second run is always a bit smoother.

(eg turn fps on in a quick mission... fly for a bit and exit. start the quick mission again and the fps counter is showing)

Dores
04-07-2011, 05:37 AM
So what is Aero and how do I disable it?

Saintblu
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I use vista Home 64... Is this something I can fiddle around with?

senseispcc
04-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I use vista Home 64... Is this something I can fiddle around with?

Aero is something to make Windows vista or 7 PRETY, it does not do anything else.
To remove it you go into the control panel/performances screen and disable.

Have a nice game.
:)

Triggaaar
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
To remove it you go into the control panel/performances screen and disable.I go to Control Panel - Appearance & Personalization - Personalization

There are lots of tweaks we can all make, but I'd rather just wait for the patch, see how it is, and then try the tweeks after. I haven't got time for all this faffing :)

doghous3
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
With aero enabled after a fresh start.

Closed down CoD.

Turned off aero.

Booted up CoD for a fresh start.

Still get stutter's as expected as more buildings and such are loaded in. No FPS increase either.