PDA

View Full Version : New visual bug

jpsateles
04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Second mission in the campaign with the Spitfire. When returning to Manston I noticed that the shadows and the objects didn't match. After some fly bys I also noticed a "cliff". Indeed it was a huge square where the terrain was visually lower than the it really was. Even crashed landed along the "cliff" border and the aircraft kept rolling trough the land even though visually the terrain was way lower.

Are these the Cliffs of Dover from the tittle? :mrgreen:

System:
Core2Duo E4500
2Gb Ram
GTX 460 756mb

nvidia control panel set to "performance".

BMCha
04-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Based on comparing the two sides in the 'cliff' pictures, it seems that the shadow rendering is entirely correct. The problem is that the trees are floating, as the land is too low. It would seem that the physics engine has the correct land height, but that section of land is being graphically rendered a lot lower than it should be.

The shadows are a graphical effect, meaning the shadow camera also sees the ground as being lower than the actual height(and the height of the trees), and so the shadows, while technically correct due to floating trees, look wrong.

jibo
04-06-2011, 11:48 PM
with 2GB of ram you must be under WinXP, you should consider upgrading to Win7 since you have a DX10 card

Skoshi Tiger
04-07-2011, 12:46 AM
What you have actually found is a rift in the Space Time Continuum, or in other words a tear in the very fabric of space itself!

Soon you will probably experience psychological anomalies such as believing that you have actually come from the future (about 70 years by the size of the rift!) and that the real world is actually artificial as if it has been generated in some form of advanced electronic calculating device.

My advice is to try to avoid the area if possible and ignore the effect until it hopefully disappears and reality is rendered whole once more or the entire universe implodes! ;)

Roll on patch time!!!!!!

JG27_PapaFly
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah that area will quickly turn into a graveyard for planes attempting to land and smacking into the invisible terrain. A british secret weapon to stop german invaders?

jpsateles
04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
It's Windows 7. And it runs really smooth with everything... except CloD.

And by the way, I don't think the trees are floating, because the airplane landed on the same "level" the trees were, but the shadows and the "gound" were well below where the plane "landed". Hard to define that 'anomaly' xD

BMCha
04-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Visually floating, anyhow, with relation to the visible ground. ColD thinks that the ground is at tree level, where it should be, but it seems the GPU thinks its a bit lower. The trees are separate objects and thus get rendered at the correct height.

AARPRazorbacks
04-09-2011, 05:46 AM
I have the same thing.