PDA

View Full Version : 4870x2 ?

tanker 21
04-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I have read that people using crossfire should turn it off as it hits performance. As i have a 4870x2 this is not possible . can anybody ussing a 4870x2 tell me how how it performs ???

Meusli
04-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I have read that people using crossfire should turn it off as it hits performance. As i have a 4870x2 this is not possible . can anybody ussing a 4870x2 tell me how how it performs ???

Rubbish. I can have various settings and it never gets better than 20 FPS.

Also to turn off the other chip on a 4870x2 you have to disable catalyst AI, but don't bother as it has no effect. We are looking at the end of the month to early May for a crossfire patch, so wait till then I suppose.

Targ
04-06-2011, 11:53 PM
force maximum clock speeds and you will be fine fps wise over water and get low to mid 20's over land.

Best not to get to low until the patch comes out though.

Search the forums as well as there are a few topics covering this. I even made a youttube vid showing how to force maximum clock speeds.

Meusli
04-07-2011, 01:04 AM
force maximum clock speeds and you will be fine fps wise over water and get low to mid 20's over land.

Best not to get to low until the patch comes out though.

Search the forums as well as there are a few topics covering this. I even made a youttube vid showing how to force maximum clock speeds.

I don't get any difference with my force clock speeds, I feel there is something else slowing my system. A perfect storm of wrong hardware.

Bryan21cag
04-07-2011, 06:52 AM
the patch that we should get this week should help this leaps and bounds. Mine is playable even at the High graphics levels but the stuttering is what kills it. According to the patch post from Tuesday the stuttering is gone for good and the SLI Crossfire is much improved so if this is the case then i think were good to go. I tried disabling one card and it did improve a lot but for some reason it screwed up the brightness and levels of my display and i was not able to get them back again until I restored the system to a few days before i turned it off. I haven't done it again since then and have just been waiting for the Crossfire support to hit:)