PDA

View Full Version : Steam again

meplay
04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi just went to offline mode on steam, its erased all my controls, went back to online mode to see if they would go back to what i have set them to but no joy:confused:

Will they be saved somewhere or do i have to start al over again? :( gutted

bkdamon
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
If you had cloud on it should have saved them(?)

I turned cloud off so I guess I better backup my conf.ini before I try offline.

meplay
04-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah i just looked and it says ive got Steam cloud synchronized, so do i look for user folder like in the old il2?

meplay
04-06-2011, 10:02 PM
ah its ok, i backed them up :P,

123-Wulf-123
04-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I think there should be a sticky about this Steam Cloud thing, its something really from left field, who'd a thunk it?

Mind you it doesn't help me I still cant get the game to see my CH controllers :(

meplay
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
yeah its a pain to get to grips with

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Well, it wasn't really designed with us in mind, how was steam to know about this community of ini file tweakers, lol. What it's meant for is say you have Day of Defeat Source or Counterstrike or something on your PC, but you also have it on your laptop as well as the PC over at the In-Laws place etc. Steam Cloud is meant to let you set up your controls once and then have the same controls no matter what PC you install and run your game on. Obviously it's a hindrance to us, but they meant well, lol.

Blackdog_kt
04-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I haven't lost any controls yet and i have the cloud disabled. What annoys me a lot is that it keeps resetting my update preferences.

I set it to not update automatically so i can take backups between patches (just in case a patch breaks more than it fixes). Well, whenever i quit steam, the next time i run it it's a 50/50 toss-up between keeping my settings and resetting to automatic updates, which forces me to double-check it each and every single time. I really can't fathom why the damn thing won't do as it's told.

meplay
04-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Well since i changed mine yesterday, every time i go into game now i have to reload my keys...bit annoying when i want to just jump straight into a single mission and forget about it ;P