PDA

View Full Version : Pilot needs a 'lean' feature...

mcler002
04-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I was in a JU88 trying to get the engines started (on realistic settings) when i couldnt find the "fuel cock" for both engines... after assigning a key (in the controls area) and flicking the switch on and off several times, i found the switches behind the bottom left area of the seat... just out of view and control reach from the mouse...

So please, someone add or tell me if there is a lean feature so i dont have to assign yet another couple of keys!!!

Cheers

Sauf
04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
6DOF using Trackir or freetrack has lean, not sure if there is a key map though.

Ailantd
04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
You can lean with mouse. Press F10 and with classic mouse pan while presing right (or left) mouse button.

scissorss
04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
You can lean with mouse. Press F10 and with classic mouse pan while presing right (or left) mouse button.

Also have the option of holding middle mouse + right (or left) instead of reaching for the F10 key.

mcler002
04-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Cheers for that... managed to get "fuel cock" 1, but still no access to No.2...

Sigh...

Phazon
04-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Even with TrackIR it is difficult to use controls located besides and behind the seat. Thats where I start to get a blindspot with the TrackIR, or the game stops me from looking there because my virtual head is hitting the cockpit canopy.

Lixma
04-06-2011, 11:46 PM
The bomber pilots should have the same freedom of head movement as the fighter pilots. God knows why they haven't.

Blackdog_kt
04-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Actually no matter what kind of head control method you use, the limits of movement are the same.

In that sense it doesn't matter if you use trackIR, Freetrack or pan the camera with the mouse, there are certain controls in some bombers situated at the aft portion of the left hand side console that are obscured by the pilot's seat.

This certainly happens both in the Ju88 (fuel cocks, radiators barely visible and i think there's something else too which eludes me for now) and in the Blenheim (the carburetor heat controls and maybe something else as well). I haven't checked the He-111 or the Br-20 yet.

If you hover the mouse over the right place you still get the tooltips and most of these controls will either be mapped to keyboard if they are critical (the Blenheim carb heat) or will be used only twice in each mission (during start-up/shut-down), but it would still be nice to be able to look around and see/activate them without having to play hide and seek :-P

xnomad
04-07-2011, 02:16 AM
The bomber pilots should have the same freedom of head movement as the fighter pilots. God knows why they haven't.

Agreed, as well as the gunners. I feel like I'm in a straight jacket or something when I can't get full movement whilst using TIR. It's incredibly claustrophobia inducing.

Redroach
04-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Disappointed, I thought this thread was about overweight pilots...

Yeah, me too :(. And I instantly wondered what would be the "rich" feature...

Sauf
04-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Agreed, as well as the gunners. I feel like I'm in a straight jacket or something when I can't get full movement whilst using TIR. It's incredibly claustrophobia inducing.

Umm *cough* Realism? :rolleyes:

Moggy
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
After you've leaned with the mouse, is there a key to reset your view back to the centre or do I have to just use the mouse to re-centre? F1 and numpad 5 doesn't seem to work.