PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely fed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been waiting for years for this game and now Steam won't allow me to play.

Does anyone know how long the response time from Steam is?

Snuff_Pidgeon
04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Same problem here!!!

JG14_Jagr
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
2-3 days and I got a reply re an order cancellation. Do you have a serial number activation code? Why is't it allowing you to use it?

stm_God
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Whatever anyone might say I maintain that Steam is an absolute pain in the ass!
The only two programs that don't work properly are IL2 COD and ARMA2 OA of which luckily the second is available without steam. I had to purchase ARMA2OA from a store without steam to get it working.
If i would have read the small print about having to use IL2 COD with steam I would haver left it in the shelf.
First there was the issue of AVG not letting it start. Now suddenly after having run the game with the first patch for a while the bloody thing doesn't start at all.
Who the hell came up with this steam thing in the first place? Thousands of flying hours with IL2 with no problems and now this crap!
And trying to contact Steam support is like trying to contact the Lord our God. Replies pending, not that the support page links anywhere!

Launcher is not responding....

robtek
04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
For me it sounds like a communication problem between your comp and steam.
The overwhelming majority has no such problems.
Maybe there is other software on your pc inhibiting traffic, i.e. zonealarm or something like that?

Hecke
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
I would try a reinstall of steam.

Strike
04-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Whatever anyone might say I maintain that Steam is an absolute pain in the ass!
The only two programs that don't work properly are IL2 COD and ARMA2 OA of which luckily the second is available without steam. I had to purchase ARMA2OA from a store without steam to get it working.
If i would have read the small print about having to use IL2 COD with steam I would haver left it in the shelf.
First there was the issue of AVG not letting it start. Now suddenly after having run the game with the first patch for a while the bloody thing doesn't start at all.
Who the hell came up with this steam thing in the first place? Thousands of flying hours with IL2 with no problems and now this crap!
And trying to contact Steam support is like trying to contact the Lord our God. Replies pending, not that the support page links anywhere!

Launcher is not responding....

Well well..

I have bought both games you've mentioned above through steam and both are working like a charm! Of course if you want to run ARMA 2 CO you need to use the own .bat file or .exe that is included with the steam version to play it properly. I installed IL-2 CloD too and it worked flawlessly.

Btw "Valve" came up with steam after their huge success with Half-Life 1 (bringing us the game that provided CS, etc which is probably one of the most played games in world history). It was launched simultaneously with Half-Life 2 and initially had some launch problems. After a while this has been sorted out and now steam is like THE portal for downloadable games. It's pretty good to have it manage all your updates, cd-keys, server browsing and downloadable content/expansions on one place.

So steam is by no means a BAD idea or poor service.

If you experience problems with steam, it could just as well be the developers' field. (mind you the patches made by the devs are the ones that have activated steam lobby browsing etc).

By the way if you have the "Launcher is not reponding" problem it might not be steam at all, but your computer. Try checking the forum for launcher not responding or game won't start. Also, the reason you can't play MAY be linked to your region... Not sure though!

335th_GRAthos
04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
In all faireness, I have two Steam accounts (one for Russian and one for English version) for CoD and I did not have any problems at all.

Did you receive an e-mail with the activation code of the game?

~S~