PDA

View Full Version : A Very Positive Thread about COD...

FS~Lewis
04-06-2011, 01:56 PM
With all the complaints and issues that we have seen since the release of COD I would just like to start a 'Very Positive Thread' about this new exciting game/sim...Hopefully this will add a little balance to the discussions and make folks realise the reality of what is going on here....Maybe put their minds at rest a little too

Please feel free to add your positive comments and experiences here....But remember NO negatives or complaints Please.

================================================== =============

I am not at all concerned by some of the negativity I am witnessing in these and other forums for reasons....:

1) You are less likely to hear from the folks with no issues because they will be flying and enjoying and not suffering from the frustration that those with issues have...So they will not be posting...Therefore on reading you will be inundated with mostly only the negative side giving the wrong impression that everyone has problems with this new sim when there are many out there that don't....In actual fact you are only witnessing half of the story.

2) We always new there would be issues...Everyone did know...and the issues will be fixed by this very capable team here...We have no doubt...It would be strange if there were no issues and I for one would wondering if the team had not pushed this sim far enough....Remember this is a ground breaking game/sim and just like a race car it needs to be on the cutting edge of its genre....especially on its release....

3) Watching the evolution of this game/sim over the coming months and years is a highly exciting prospect to me.....Problems and issues being resolved and a gradual evolution to optimum performance for folks is something to look forward to...It will be an enjoyable experience to watch this process....however slow it may be forced to be at times.

4) The team should be highly commended for being so frank and honest with their public and in giving them the chance to be vocal in these forums....Also in responding in these times when they are being obviously overworked....This gives the community the feeling of being totally heard and considered by the developers at a cost of showing their hands as game makers...I am sure I speak for all of us when I say...We salute you

5) This game/sim has massive potential....Even folks who have unplayable frame rates like me (I have a bottom end PC and always new I would need to upgrade for COD) can still easily see that COD is going to be an amazing game/sim for the future.....

So in conclusion to all those folks who have unresolved issues just like me....Don't worry...be patient...and enjoy the spectacle that will be CODs evolution of a potentially amazing game/sim.

~S~

...lew...

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
that's just the thing.

I've had il2 upto 1946 on this computer and the one before it from 2002 onward. I'm hoping that COD can follow that line.

doghous3
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I've had issues, I'm also able to play it rather well with a couple of tweaks.

Open up the MP proper, and I'll be happy as larry; especially when the community start creating content for MP.

Optimization patch around the corner too!

For now, I've been enjoying the details and the flying as a whole.

I've certainly enjoyed it a lot more than the woes.

Skoshi Tiger
04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
It must be very frustrating for people who can't get the sim to work on their systems, but when I first tried the original IL2 demo it was unplayable on my system at the time.

I've had my current computer for a few years now (it's at least 2 generations of processor old) but with the right settings at least I can fly an hour+ long cross country sight seeing jaunt (something that I've never done in the original IL2 because there was nothing to see) experiencing a diverse landscape; I've been so entralled with the damage my guns have been doing to my target that I've rammed them; I've had to jostle for position with my AI wingmen chasing a wounded fighter only to be awarded a 1/3 of a kill!!! (At least they weren't shoulder shooting!); I've had to drop out of combat because I've had both magnitos destroyed in one mission and had a round through my prop in another that made my engine run rough; I've flown missions with medium bombers and then by changing the aircraft type to a dive bomber completely changed the pace and action of the mission.

Hopefully the patches will clear up some of the frame rate issues that we've been experiencing. This sim ( as alot of others have said) has so much potential I think it's worth just enjoying what we've got and waiting for those patches!

Cheers