PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for reply from Steam

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Currently I can not install COD because Steam is not working currently.

When I try to log on to Steam it says Steam detected new PC and code is sent to my e-mail. But this e-mail is old and not accessable anymore. I mailed to support desk, no reaction so far.

Anyone having this experience?

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Can you go into steam and change your email address?

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Can you go into steam and change your email address?

Yes, I changed the profile but that did not help.

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
So you put your new email into steam but they still send the code to your old one?

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
So you put your new email into steam but they still send the code to your old one?

Yes.

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Still no reaction from Steam.

Anyone have an idea ???

Gimpymoo
04-06-2011, 05:39 PM
You appear to have Steam Guard Enabled.

Do you have another PC you can access your Steam account on by any chance?

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
You appear to have Steam Guard Enabled.

Do you have another PC you can access your Steam account on by any chance?

I get the same message

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Checked your spam folder? Steam emails have gone there before.

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Checked your spam folder? Steam emails have gone there before.

Yes, but it is going to my old mail.

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Thats strange.Why would steam send it to your old email if you have put in,and verified your new one?

cato_larsen
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Currently I can not install COD because Steam is not working currently.

When I try to log on to Steam it says Steam detected new PC and code is sent to my e-mail. But this e-mail is old and not accessable anymore. I mailed to support desk, no reaction so far.

Anyone having this experience?

Hopefully you get a response.
If not I suggest you write them again. Stating very clearly that you have no longer got the mail account affiliated with your steam account. you can by no means be contacted by them on that account. Ask that they contact you by telephone or a new e-mail adress. offer to reveal the last 4 numbers of a credit card you might have affiliated with you steam account as a security if needed.(Dont give it just for fun though)

I have had issues before. A freind of mine wanted a game, he was in Finland, I am on Norway, but he had no money then. This was before the "gift of game" I logged into his account and paid for it, logged out and he logged in and DL. They closed his account due to my credit card had been used to buy a game in Norway, the 5 minutes later to a Finnish account.
there was some issues to get it reopened, but they did it after much pressing from me, him and our community. 2 weeks later they applied "gift of game" :)

Point really being. Keep pushing mate, dont give up and they will finally help you. Downside is that it can take a while before they get it. Good luck.

cato_larsen
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Thats strange.Why would steam send it to your old email if you have put in,and verified your new one?

He stated he made a new account after he did not get into his old one. If he makes a new account with a new e-mail, that will not help getting into his other account. IF he has a new machine, or steam sees his machine as new, then he have no way of getting in unless he uses the passcode that is delivered in this case to the emai account he no longer has.

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
He stated he made a new account after he did not get into his old one. If he makes a new account with a new e-mail, that will not help getting into his other account. IF he has a new machine, or steam sees his machine as new, then he have no way of getting in unless he uses the passcode that is delivered in this case to the emai account he no longer has.

i changed my e-mail on the original account.
On this account i activated the game.
I can not install game on a new Steam account.

JG52Uther
04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I suppose you will just have to wait until steam get back to you now.
A real shame you did not verify your account when you changed email address.

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 07:05 PM
i suppose you will just have to wait until steam get back to you now.
A real shame you did not verify your account when you changed email address.

I changed my e-mail and deleted the old one on my Steam account.

Dano
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Last time I contaced steam it was about 4 days :(

Can you not get access to the old email at all?

Bloblast
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Last time I contaced steam it was about 4 days :(

Can you not get access to the old email at all?

4 days, ssh. Old e-mail is gone.

swiss
04-07-2011, 07:09 AM

Like a 2nd level of security, this way hacking the steam pw won't let you hijack the whole account.

Fjordmonkey
04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I might be wrong, I think the main problem here is that your steam-account is/was registered to an email-account that no longer exists. If you had updated your contact-information BEFORE you installed the game, the case might have been different, and you would most likely have gotten your code.

You also cannot move a Steam-game between accounts as far as I know, which negates the possibility of creating a new account and moving your game to it. Games bought on Steam is locked to the account it was bought with, for obvious reasons. The only way I know of to get a working copy of a Steam-game over to another Steam-account is to purchase that game again with the correct account.

Lastly, unless you already HAVE done so (didn't find a clear answer to this in your previous posts), you should change your contact-info for the Steam-account that you bought the game with so that when Steam-support contacts you, the email ends up in an email-account that you can actually read and respond with.

Dano
04-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Yup, the steam account with the correct address is completely irrelevant as the game wasn't registered to it.

Lesson of the day, always make sure your contact details are up to date :(

Bloblast
04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Solved today!

Had to wait 2 days, could have been worse.

Dano
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Solved today!

Had to wait 2 days, could have been worse.

Glad to hear you got it sorted :D

And very relieved to hear that losing access to the primary email address did not end up with loss of the account!!!