PDA

View Full Version : Luthier or someone from 1c please respond!

ATAG_Bliss
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Luthier,

I've asked this question several times now without a response. Could someone from the dev team tell me what type of dedicated server MP support there will be?

Is the dedicated server software going to be part of the game install or will there be a different software released at a later date?

Please let us know!

Thanks.

Nike-it
04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi, I'll try to find the answer ASAP.

ATAG_Bliss
04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi, I'll try to find the answer ASAP.

Thank you!

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
As much as i dislike the Luthier & Oleg respond now demands thread that seem the norm here...

This was the pre release, drum up sales media that got some of us to pre order..

Will the game include dedicated server software?

Yes, a dedicated server software will be part of the initial release.

http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dovers/blog/uk/?p=932

Some of us are only reallt intersted in multiplayer.. so a road map about MP would be of great interest.

The main reason i was drawn to IL2 - CoD was the promise of dedicated servers running 128 player missions...

Presently MP is dead in the water.. with no dedicated server & no ability to find personal servers on the Steam version. Not very satisfactory.

As i have much to learn i'm happy enough right now practicing on SP.. but MP is where the game is for me..I've already had to persuade a friend not to return their copy yet as all they want in MP too....a roadmap to sorting this out would be much appreciated.

jibo
04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
did you try ".exe -server" ?

MadTommy
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM

what does this mean? and what does it do? And do you apply this to the launcher.exe?

FG28_Kodiak
04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes try it ;)
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7615/unbenannt2d.jpg (http://img859.imageshack.us/i/unbenannt2d.jpg/)

ATAG_Bliss
04-06-2011, 09:53 AM

jibo,

That's all well and good. But how do you go about running a server through a steam account that's tied to another account on a different pc? For instance start server on dedicated machine and try to join it from your own personal machine with the same game install?

How can you run 2 installs of the same activation key at once or, for that matter, have 2 steam accounts open at the same time on different machines, that are tied to a single person?

Another thing to consider is that a dedicated machine does not generally have a video card.

Skoshi Tiger
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes try it ;)
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7615/unbenannt2d.jpg (http://img859.imageshack.us/i/unbenannt2d.jpg/)

Cool! I've got the collectors edition plus my Steam download! (under different steam accounts of course) So I could set up one copy as a dedicated server and play off the second account!

Is there any resources discussing how to run a dedicated server for COD? I'm a complete Noob at this so I guess I'ld need instructions aimed at a bright kid of lets say 12?

Couldn't be too hard! Could it?

I wonder what spec computer would be needed?

Ataros
04-06-2011, 11:37 AM
For instance start server on dedicated machine and try to join it from your own personal machine with the same game install?

At the moment you have to buy a second copy to do so because of Steam but they are working on it.

@all
The reason Steam is not showing servers was Steam and the issue is probably solved by Friday patch.

This is not 2011 game but rather 2013 game. Be patient please :grin:

Skoshi Tiger
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
At the moment you have to buy a second copy to do so because of Steam but they are working on it.

@all
The reason Steam is not showing servers was Steam and the issue is probably solved by Friday patch.

This is not 2011 game but rather 2013 game. Be patient please :grin:

That link to the land sea battle is amazing! Thank you!

ATAG_Bliss
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Hate to bring this back up again, but with the latest patch even further screwing up the MP situation, could we have an official response with regards to dedicated software for MP?

Will there be a dedicated software released at some point? (You can't expect people to buy 2 copies of the game just to be able to run a server!)

So Nike, still waiting on an answer!?!?

JG52Uther
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm going back to il2 '46 and Hyperlobby, as an online squad player this is just too disappointing.
I thought it was supposed to be playable through third party programmes? Right now CoD seems tied to steam,and its killing it.

Jwam
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
I join Bliss on his request.

Unfortunately, we are forced to forget about multiplayer at the moment. Also, everybody is aware MP should be one of the strenghts of CloD.

Being obliged to launch other games than CloD to join my friends on multiplayer makes me sad !

By the way, if devs need feedback, I can send you any file / log you need concerning dedicated servers. I have 3 systems (XP SP3, Server 2008 and Windows 7) hosting dedicated servers, and crashing :-(

JG14_Jagr
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Jiri would have to look at whether HyperLobby can support it.. No idea if it can..

Sauf
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Agree, getting a bit sick of joining servers and having them crash during misson, once I can understand but after 4 times in a row it gets very annoying. TBH if it doesn't improve soon my patience will be at its end and it will be back to 1946.

15JG52_Brauer
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
MP seems worse since todays patch - everything I join seems to crash after takeoff - even trying to start a personal server gets snafu'd by Steam - Somehow ALways Waiting (AW or Airforce War to give it it;s offical title) seems much more apetising - at least you know it's going to start sometime and not bounce you out just after you start climb out - oh and full CEM & Temp effects servers are a nightmare with the CLOD-Hopping that goes on as the engines misfire and bounce around like chitty chitty bang bang ;-) I will persevere though - now we have some good performance improvements lets hope the multiplayer and bug fixing gets done soon - then hopefully we can enjoy the fun instead of wondering what might have been :-(
Sorry if this is a bit negative - but keep up the progress Devs and we will get there :-))

ATAG_Bliss
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump...

W32Blaster
04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Aside from the - now solved - performance issues this one is cruel!!

I just wonder why there is no official statement concerning this topic!